GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got done doing a few flips to Best Buy today. Now that eBay has a limit of $2000 of eBay gift card usage in the past 60 days (that's retroactive) I'm not even sure if it's an obvious choice to cash out my Best Buy credit to eBay immediately. Why is everybody fucking it up. I guess I'll leave some Credit in eBay, Best Buy, and game stop.

Exactly. Dude at GameStop was asking me how come I want so many copies. I told him I wanted to give them as gifts at my bachelor party and I don't know what system they all have so I may be back to exchange them later.

I wanted to tell him to mind his business but I hate being rude with people I may need again in the future.
I generally don't buy multiples at once, but I was at BB yesterday and figured I may as well since I had to drive 25 miles. I got 2 copies of Left 4 Dead 2 and 3 copies of Kingdom Hearts 2.5. The employee was obviously curious, which he made very clear. He was straight up and asked "why are you buying multiple copies"? Wasnt quite sure how to reply... Looked like an idiot.

So instead of buying the usual BB GC for $100 on ebay, i only used  $90 ebay credit and picked up $100 GS gc to covert over to $137.50 BB credit. 

Not bad, and i need to the points to help get me close to Elite plus again.

So instead of buying the usual BB GC for $100 on ebay, i only used $90 ebay credit and picked up $100 GS gc to covert over to $137.50 BB credit.

Not bad, and i need to the points to help get me close to Elite plus again.
If the Best Buy credit is in the form of a gift card you won't earn points or add to the spending total for the year. Gift cards and reward zone points won't count towards either.

If the Best Buy credit is in the form of a gift card you won't earn points or add to the spending total for the year. Gift cards and reward zone points won't count towards either.
You get a gift card but trade ins count towards elite and reward points, so this was a pretty good way to go.

I'm looking at the Pokemon day flyer and it lists the Kanto 550 piece puzzle as $24.99. Wtf? Is this a bigger puzzle than the $10.99 one I got a few weeks back?

I generally don't buy multiples at once, but I was at BB yesterday and figured I may as well since I had to drive 25 miles. I got 2 copies of Left 4 Dead 2 and 3 copies of Kingdom Hearts 2.5. The employee was obviously curious, which he made very clear. He was straight up and asked "why are you buying multiple copies"? Wasnt quite sure how to reply... Looked like an idiot.
I usually limit as well, but I made an exception when picking up about 6 Kinect Adventures from Gamestop back in the Blockbuster days. Everyone had quite a few laughs.....Kinect lan party!!!

Just say that none of your friends have GCU so you buy the game for them at the discount and they pay you back in burritos and smooches. That shuts them down quickly.

Just finished my Redbox flips. Wouldn't have bothered really if it wasn't the same as cash promo going on, with the end of eBay (and earlier this year Amazon) cards at GS. But knew it would be easy money and it didn't disappoint. Flipped $249 into $435 cash.

It's been a good run and this weekend was the icing on the 2016 flipping cake. Less than 5 weeks until I'm sailing to Jamaica and Mexico thanks to Redbox, Best Buy, and especially GameStop!

Just finished my Redbox flips. Wouldn't have bothered really if it wasn't the same as cash promo going on, with the end of eBay (and earlier this year Amazon) cards at GS. But knew it would be easy money and it didn't disappoint. Flipped $249 into $435 cash.

It's been a good run and this weekend was the icing on the 2016 flipping cake. Less than 5 weeks until I'm sailing to Jamaica and Mexico thanks to Redbox, Best Buy, and especially GameStop!
$249 into $435? Holy fuck dude you must live in a Redbox goldmine. All of our, $5.99 games were gone a long time ago.

$249 into $435? Holy fuck dude you must live in a Redbox goldmine. All of our, $5.99 games were gone a long time ago.
I kind of do. I live in salt lake and it seems there are hundreds of Redbox here. I used the Redbox website to search and Google maps to plot my course and just drove around scooping up games. There were still plenty left too, I just did my 3 per platform. Nearly every box had Deadpool for both Xbox and ps4 and that was a great flip. Didn't have trouble filling up halo, ESO Xbox, GOW 3, Snoopy, and even got 3 State of Decay without much effort. Only games that were out (or too far to make it worth going) was ESO ps4 and FFX but in earlier sales I always could find them. I got some Snipers 3 as I ran across them but didn't really about chasing those down, but they are worth a few bucks each too.

I could have spent more $ but the wife always worries when I go out flipping and doesn't stop until the cash or gift cards are in her hand.... Lol she always acts so surprised when I come home with more than I started with! She's so cute!

I kind of do. I live in salt lake and it seems there are hundreds of Redbox here. I used the Redbox website to search and Google maps to plot my course and just drove around scooping up games. There were still plenty left too, I just did my 3 per platform. Nearly every box had Deadpool for both Xbox and ps4 and that was a great flip. Didn't have trouble filling up halo, ESO Xbox, GOW 3, Snoopy, and even got 3 State of Decay without much effort. Only games that were out (or too far to make it worth going) was ESO ps4 and FFX but in earlier sales I always could find them. I got some Snipers 3 as I ran across them but didn't really about chasing those down, but they are worth a few bucks each too.

I could have spent more $ but the wife always worries when I go out flipping and doesn't stop until the cash or gift cards are in her hand.... Lol she always acts so surprised when I come home with more than I started with! She's so cute!
Did you happen to run into any photo copy discs? If you managed to not run across one you had some great luck going through that many discs.

Gamestop and their junior detectives *sigh*. Went to do a trade in using my cousin's account since mine recently expired and I am in need of cash. As I gave the manager his number he asked for ID and as I did he took a quick look and denied me a trade in because my cousin needed to be present. As I recall trading with another account is not an issue or at least for games, so I asked him when was this policy applied and he said since forever in which I told him it is not true because I used to be a GS employee and it had never been an issue.

So I said I don't want to deal with him, I will have your coworker do the trade in. I was going to use a coupon to renew my membership and as I am doing that the manager speaks to his employee in front of me saying "DM said no, he was trying to do this and he said no" like really?

I asked for my ID back, called another store asked what their policy is for trade ins, the manager at the other said their is no issue with using another person's account as long as you use your ID. Once again, as I am calling this store the manager gets out the counter to speak to me saying that we called LP and he said no, so now its an LP issue? I asked for LP's number (because I knew him personally) but the manager said we are not allowed to give his number which I found odd because I remember LP telling me that if their is a customer issue regarding lp to give them his number. So I called the same store again and asked for LP's number in which they did no problem.

I called him LP, reminded him who I was and explained the situation and said they called you. Get this...LP said he NEVER received a call, I thought maybe he didn't cover that store and region so I asked him and he said "Nope, I cover that store too". I gave LP my thanks, went back into the store spoke directly to the manager in a calm amd nice tone and said
"Hey, LP is "so and so" right?
Manager said "yes"
"Well I just called him and he said you never called, that is SOOOOOO weird"
"But she did (his other employee) and I heard the convo and umm ummm"
I caught the idiot in a lie....and just so he knew I wasn't bluffing I have him LP's last name and immediately as I did the manager said the LP just gave the ok but ONLY this one time.

So I wasted nearly half an hour of my time because the manager didn't call his DM or LP. I don't want to be "that" customer or have any issues with GS but its like you have to be a jerk to do a simple transaction. If the manager was concerned with his job then he should have just called but he rather lie to my face, be rude, and brush me off than to give a simple phone call. Oh well, time to burn him on the survey because that was super unnecessary.

Did you happen to run into any photo copy discs? If you managed to not run across one you had some great luck going through that many discs.
I have purchased close to 100 Redbox games in 2016 without a single photo copy disc. I did get one disc that I noticed was somewhat warped but I think I may have done it pressing on the disc when it was hot trying to remove the sticker when I first started so I wouldn't count it.

I did get an error once when trying to buy a disc (the box did not release the game) but was auto refunded that purchase.

Getting a photo disc never worried me because everything I've heard about refunds for this has been very positive.

Trade ins give you a point for every dollar you get in credit. So $137.50 gets you 137 points towards the $1500 spending Elite level.

So the same time the reward points for a transaction post to your account?
You become a My Best Buy program Elite member by spending $1500 at Best Buy or BestBuy.com or spending $1500 on your My Best Buy program Visa during a calendar year. A My Best Buy program member qualifies for Elite status approximately 15-20 days after the member spends a total of $1500 on qualifying purchases (see Non-qualifying purchases above)

Source:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-Promotions/null/pcmcat311100050001.c?id=pcmcat311100050001

I bought one of the variable (blue colored) ebay giftcards at BB around 4PM Pacific Time today. Transaction went smoothly and with a new employee who had her manager hovering around.

My first offense gave me a 90 day ban. Idk how they determine how long, but I also kind of feel like they just give 90 to everyone now.

Side note, I flipped Witcher III and I guess the copy was from a CE because the soundtrack and other things were in the case. I decided to keep it but now it's just random stuff for me since I don't plan on playing the game (too long).

I have some other codes that may or may not be used:

RS Siege PS4 Gold skin:

4Al3-PHN6-L7R6

LLKC-3LNC-9JLD

Doom PS4 demon multiplayer pack:

65M4-3LNH-TH75

Man, we seriously need to send this "Cheapest3" dude a sick-ass virus or something.

Will you be our coder, Blackbeard? Only you should be able to whip something up with your elite programing skills.

I'd be glad to send some donations your way! ;)

The YGBC comment was... man, I'm not even sure it's legit. Like dealzg said, the whole thing reads like satire.

I've been banned 90 days for trading too much of the same game and 30 days for receiving too much cash. Both were unknown violations by me at the time. Since then, I play by the rules and haven't had any issues. The cash limit was most recent.
thanks. was hoping to come back tomorrow. but looks like that isn't happening. I probably went over the cash limit if it is only $500. I never bothered with cash until these past few weeks.

And if that's the cash limit then I might have got the wife's account banned too. :) I'm sure I went $500 on hers in the past week. I think I did $500 yesterday.

August PUR coupons:

pur_aug16.jpg

No one is even paying him any mind. They're all talking about their statistics as employees at gs and foot traffic. I hope this means more pro days in the future with better deals. This one was a mess.

Side note, I flipped Witcher III and I guess the copy was from a CE because the soundtrack and other things were in the case. I decided to keep it but now it's just random stuff for me since I don't plan on playing the game (too long).
That isn't the CE, it's in every physical copy of the game. Also, it's an amazing game, I highly recommend it. If there is any recent release that should be played, Witcher 3 is it.

Ended up picking up Dead Space 1 & 2 on X360 for the collection with the 20% off RetailMeNot coupon, but not sure if I got a good deal since they were ~$8.50 each after tax. Debating if I should return and rebuy at $5 each in the future since this feels like a jacked up GS price.

The saga continues...

https://reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/4vf3x6/pro_day/

I was about to include highlights, but his entire post reads like satire.

Wow!! That dude is a total jerk. Just curious but does anybody know if he is really banned by his local gamestops? It would explain why he hasn't "shopped at GS in years". Also, why in the world would anybody want to know how a sale went when you haven't shopped there in years!! This is really taking butthurt to the next level.

Wow!! That dude is a total jerk. Just curious but does anybody know if he is really banned by his local gamestops? It would explain why he hasn't "shopped at GS in years". Also, why in the world would anybody want to know how a sale went when you haven't shopped there in years!! This is really taking butthurt to the next level.
He's in an elite group with Sonichu. ;-) Both are not allowed into a Gamestop store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0BN13HKbck

thanks. was hoping to come back tomorrow. but looks like that isn't happening. I probably went over the cash limit if it is only $500. I never bothered with cash until these past few weeks.

And if that's the cash limit then I might have got the wife's account banned too. :) I'm sure I went $500 on hers in the past week. I think I did $500 yesterday.
$500 cash is the limit? Looks like I went over that with my last trade I did yesterday night (haven't done any trades since).

Is there any way to know for sure, without trying to trade something in?

$500 cash is the limit? Looks like I went over that with my last trade I did yesterday night (haven't done any trades since).

I don't think so. The only way to verify is to do a test trade (preferably at an out of the way GS).

b

LMAO click the link for the "protest part 2", and forward to 10 seconds. You'll spit your drink out
best part purely because he maced an employee ;-)

hahahaha get your retarded butt out of here man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOmZVubFUrM

bige562, on 31 Jul 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

Yup, he's banned. We used to be able to flip HDMI cables for pretty significant profit at GS (I think it was $8 base per cable at the time). After trading in quite a few, IATCG contacted the DM to see if he could get around the trading limits and trade in bulk. The DM looked into his activity and ended up banning him from shopping/trading in the entire district. There were other things as well (penny guides, etc.), but I think I remember it being the HDMIs that got him banned from all the GSs in his area.

I traded just barely over $500 cash. I'll report here how it goes the next time I attempt a trade. I didn't do $500 in one day, but spread out since the first couple days of the cash promo. I've been keeping track and adding it up. I also traded $113 in trade credit at one GS that was out of cash. Hopefully everything goes well and I have good news to report. Or if I forget to report anything that means everything went well.

It's almost certainly $500.  I think I was at like $630 when I got banned a few months back and at the time we were thinking it was like $1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back