GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Credit limit is $2000. The question is if the cash limit is separate from the credit limit as in you can trade up $2500 to GameStop without getting banned.

Credit limit is $2000. The question is if the cash limit is separate from the credit limit as in you can trade up $2500 to GameStop without getting banned.

I remember another CAG (Darby?) mentioning that Cash and Credit limits were treated separately so that if you hit the trade limit on one, you could still trade in under the other. It's why he was upset that everyone was calling it a "ban" when really it was just a limit threshold. I've been hit with a 90-day credit ban/limit-threshold before though and never tried trading in for cash at the time to test that out though.

I remember another CAG (Darby?) mentioning that Cash and Credit limits were treated separately so that if you hit the trade limit on one, you could still trade in under the other. It's why he was upset that everyone was calling it a "ban" when really it was just a limit threshold. I've been hit with a 90-day credit ban/limit-threshold before though and never tried trading in for cash at the time to test that out though.
Well when i hit $2000 limit the very next trade i tried to make was immediately blocked in the POS. No option for cash trade was given. Therefore, it is safe to assume if u hit either limit u wont be trading anything for 90 days. You are still welcome to shop there and your PUR account remains in good standing.

The distinction datby was making was reaching the limit resulting in time out vs. Hard bans. These come in 2 basic varieties:LP initiated where the account gets nuked and all points forfeit and the most serious, the DM ban where u are not even allowed in store and your mug shot/description is posted on those district stores. These are permanent and IATCG got one of the latter from his cable/penny guide exploits. Sometimes peoplw come on here and say they were banned and its not clear which type they are referring to, maybe just the trade limit time out which isnt a big deal u just have to wait it out

Yup, he's banned. We used to be able to flip HDMI cables for pretty significant profit at GS (I think it was $8 base per cable at the time). After trading in quite a few, IATCG contacted the DM to see if he could get around the trading limits and trade in bulk. The DM looked into his activity and ended up banning him from shopping/trading in the entire district. There were other things as well (penny guides, etc.), but I think I remember it being the HDMIs that got him banned from all the GSs in his area.
That is what did him in, though shouting to the DM about being a flipper when he asked about working around the trade-in limits was likely the coffin nail that did him in for good. When you put a spotlight on your questionable activities, you tend to get busted for them.

Not to turn this into the brag thread, but I would love to see some of these 1k-2k trade in receipts.  I've done only two trades in my lifetime that cleared $500, one was a ridiculous trade in on an iPhone 5 and the other was about 10 games in the sweet 50% bonus code weekend last year.  I always did credit trades, so I guess I was never even close to a temp ban.

I was saying that they used to be treated separately.

I think now if you hit either limit though you can't trade for the other.

Man, we seriously need to send this "Cheapest3" dude a sick-ass virus or something.

Will you be our coder, Blackbeard? Only you should be able to whip something up with your elite programing skills.

I'd be glad to send some donations your way! ;)
There are other dirty wannabe hackers on this forum, don't get blackbeard banned, he is useful.

Do we expect any of the current trade values to tank before usual Wednesday changes? I'm about to use the BB Lego DOTD as a good opportunity to cash out a lot of eBay credit but some of the stores are picky about more than one copy of a game even if different platforms. It might take another day for me to flip all the copies.

Not to turn this into the brag thread, but I would love to see some of these 1k-2k trade in receipts. I've done only two trades in my lifetime that cleared $500, one was a ridiculous trade in on an iPhone 5 and the other was about 10 games in the sweet 50% bonus code weekend last year. I always did credit trades, so I guess I was never even close to a temp ban.
Not near 1k but last year I traded like 12 games towards that 50% promo you mentioned and got $400. Used to get Xbox with Rare Replay

Do we expect any of the current trade values to tank before usual Wednesday changes? I'm about to use the BB Lego DOTD as a good opportunity to cash out a lot of eBay credit but some of the stores are picky about more than one copy of a game even if different platforms. It might take another day for me to flip all the copies.
Values are going to drop after today. If you are lucky, they might drop after tomorrow.

Not to turn this into the brag thread, but I would love to see some of these 1k-2k trade in receipts. I've done only two trades in my lifetime that cleared $500, one was a ridiculous trade in on an iPhone 5 and the other was about 10 games in the sweet 50% bonus code weekend last year. I always did credit trades, so I guess I was never even close to a temp ban.
Never do that big of a trade in a single transaction lol

oh meh i just realized that todays 20% pokemon trade in promo doesnt apply to google play cards, unlike the last pokemon promo
what's the cheapest item that give the bonus? Steam siege pack is $3.99 on the ad.

Never do that big of a trade in a single transaction lol
Did over $1100 trade during the Doom promo. Got 25000 points for it with a Pro signup. Just spent the 25000 points on $30 in pre owned certs and bought up a bunch of siege to move to BestBuy. Just bought a bunch of Lego Star Wars to move to GameStop.

The Saga continues...Wutang 4-Evah!

When buying BB from eBay, it would throw an error after entering 2 gift cards and clear out any previous GCs I entered. Any way to fix that or is it just random? Trying to use the smaller denomination GCs before I use my big $250 one instead.

My first offense gave me a 90 day ban. Idk how they determine how long, but I also kind of feel like they just give 90 to everyone now.

Side note, I flipped Witcher III and I guess the copy was from a CE because the soundtrack and other things were in the case. I decided to keep it but now it's just random stuff for me since I don't plan on playing the game (too long).

I have some other codes that may or may not be used:

RS Siege PS4 Gold skin:
4Al3-PHN6-L7R6
LLKC-3LNC-9JLD

Doom PS4 demon multiplayer pack:
65M4-3LNH-TH75
First print run of Witcher 3 included physical soundtrack in all copies.

That is what did him in, though shouting to the DM about being a flipper when he asked about working around the trade-in limits was likely the coffin nail that did him in for good. When you put a spotlight on your questionable activities, you tend to get busted for them.
And the penny guide thing was with BB I thought about complaining to corporate about not being allowed to buy them or something.

Yup, he's banned. We used to be able to flip HDMI cables for pretty significant profit at GS (I think it was $8 base per cable at the time). After trading in quite a few, IATCG contacted the DM to see if he could get around the trading limits and trade in bulk. The DM looked into his activity and ended up banning him from shopping/trading in the entire district. There were other things as well (penny guides, etc.), but I think I remember it being the HDMIs that got him banned from all the GSs in his area.
Cheapest also keeps coming back to the site and pretending he's other people. He's incredibly annoying with no life. And he thinks 1 x 1 = 2.

oh meh i just realized that todays 20% pokemon trade in promo doesnt apply to google play cards, unlike the last pokemon promo
According to the email, you do receive a guaranteed 1500 PUR points when you buy any Google Play card today, but it's SKU specific. That means that you could only get 3000 PUR points by purchasing a $10 card and a $20 card, not two $10 cards. I'm planning to buy one $10 card later today.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/pokemon-event/

20% Extra Credit: Offers valid only on 8/1/16. Credit must be applied toward the purchase or pre-order of featured Pokémon items. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

So if you go over the cash limit, you can still trade for credit? That's not as big of a deal to me if that's how it works. I was imagining some big red blinking error popping up on the employee's screen saying something like "This customer is banned for 90 days" regardless of cash or credit trade transactions.

I understand what GS is doing and why they're doing it, but $500 is too low. Someone trying to pay some bills could trade their PS4, a handful of games, and their phone for cash and get be banned.

So if you go over the cash limit, you can still trade for credit? That's not as big of a deal to me if that's how it works. I was imagining some big red blinking error popping up on the employee's screen saying something like "This customer is banned for 90 days" regardless of cash or credit trade transactions.

I understand what GS is doing and why they're doing it, but $500 is too low. Someone trying to pay some bills could trade their PS4, a handful of games, and their phone for cash and get be banned.
It may prevent you from trading in at all now. I believe we've had some people that hit the cash limit not be able to trade at all, though I'm not 100% on that.

Back when I hit the cash limit(around 2010-2011 iirc) I could still trade in for credit.

according to Manager I can't trade at any GS in country. And sounded like long term ban. She is saying wife's account got flagged for being 2nd account in household over weekend. And that I was banned for trading too much. Both store managers mention the 400k points racked up this year. I.e. $400 extra GS owes me.

I didn't test it. I just asked about wife's account since I did a lot of cash trades. and then she brought up the above. Manager says she trying to get ban lifted. She liked that I brought games to store. For whatever that is worth.

Whelp, I wish I knew about the $500 cash limit sooner.  I would have just traded in for credit once I got close.  Pretty sure I'm on the verge of a ban if not already there.  I tried to trade some games yesterday and was told that the manager wants to talk to me.  They even gave me his schedule this week and said I could call to set up an appointment.

This was all based on just seeing me though.  They didn't look me up in the system before saying that the manager wants to talk to me.  Haven't decided if I want to talk with him or not.  Seems like a setup...

Whelp, I wish I knew about the $500 cash limit sooner. I would have just traded in for credit once I got close. Pretty sure I'm on the verge of a ban if not already there. I tried to trade some games yesterday and was told that the manager wants to talk to me. They even gave me his schedule this week and said I could call to set up an appointment.

This was all based on just seeing me though. They didn't look me up in the system before saying that the manager wants to talk to me. Haven't decided if I want to talk with him or not. Seems like a setup...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct-B85-P7YI

according to Manager I can't trade at any GS in country. And sounded like long term ban. She is saying wife's account got flagged for being 2nd account in household over weekend. And that I was banned for trading too much. Both store managers mention the 400k points racked up this year. I.e. $400 extra GS owes me.

I didn't test it. I just asked about wife's account since I did a lot of cash trades. and then she brought up the above. Manager says she trying to get ban lifted. She liked that I brought games to store. For whatever that is worth.
You're definitely trading in too much. I've had my account for the better part of a decade, trade in regularly, and my lifetime points is only at 200k. Learn to be more discreet, if you still have a chance in the future.

Any reason why the Star Wars DOTD is not showing as a flip from BB to GS?
If your talking about 360 and PS3 versions the query excludes 360, PS3, Vita, DS, and Wii games since there are over 6000 entries for all of them and BB only shells out .25 .50 or 1.00 for 99% of them. It would slow down my query and would take hours to finish and then manually sort.

If your talking about 360 and PS3 versions the query excludes 360, PS3, Vita, DS, and Wii games since there are over 6000 entries for all of them and BB only shells out .25 .50 or 1.00 for 99% of them. It would slow down my query and would take hours to finish and then manually sort.
Nvm I'm looking at the wrong column.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/collectibles?nav=16k-3-pokemon,28xp0,1398

There are $2 and $3 items, see if you have anything near you.

No dice for me.
At my local Gamestop, I wanted to trade in a few games and pick up the new 20th anniversary Arceus plush. The plush did not trigger the 20% bonus, even though the manager thought it should since it was front and center on the flier. There were no other customers in the store, so he was cool to spend a few minutes trying different products to see what would trigger the bonus. The plush pokeballs and the smaller loose plush triggered it. The cheapest thing we could find to trigger the bonus was a pack of the trading cards ($4)

I was saying that they used to be treated separately.

I think now if you hit either limit though you can't trade for the other.

No, we proved this was no longer the case about 4 months ago.

You're definitely trading in too much. I've had my account for the better part of a decade, trade in regularly, and my lifetime points is only at 200k. Learn to be more discreet, if you still have a chance in the future.
10 years? Not any pt in spreading 6 weeks out over 10 years. lol.

Discrete isn't the right word either. I coulda made a thousand trips with 1 or 2 games each time to 20 different stores and my total amount of trading would still get me banned. AT least according to the manager, it was just the sheer amt of trading that flagged my account at corporate.

The irony for me is the deals were so much better last year and it never crossed my mind that I was doing even more trading this year.

Looks like GS dropped a nuke on you and took you out of GS existence. Youch.

Looks like GS dropped a nuke on you and took you out of GS existence. Youch.
Yeah looking that way. Points aren't nuked though. Both managers (2 stores here) harped a lot on the pts I racked up when I ask them why I was banned. Sounds like their District manager brought that up with them. But as one of the managers said, it's GS's fault for giving out points.

Yeah looking that way. Points aren't nuked though. Both managers (2 stores here) harped a lot on the pts I racked up when I ask them why I was banned. Sounds like their District manager brought that up with them. But as one of the managers said, it's GS's fault for giving out points.
If they had more frequent promos on their coupons, then people would use their points. Otherwise we wait for the one time during the year that they usually have a discount on their coupons, black friday.

If the points aren't gone, then it's a temp suspension most likely.

When the points are gone you can kiss that account goodbye.

If they had more frequent promos on their coupons, then people would use their points. Otherwise we wait for the one time during the year that they usually have a discount on their coupons, black friday.
I did that last year, but by the time I used them (after xmas) the used game selection was crap. Maybe I could have used them earlier. I forget the details.

I think i waited until a B2G1 sale after xmas and that's why the selection was crap. And then the coupons expired by Jan3rd or something and so u had to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back