GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had just assumed I had gone over $500 in cash trades (resulting in a trade ban), so I figured it wouldn't hurt to calculate just how much I had done over the past week. Just found out that I did $498.30.

FrayedSentimentalCalf.gif
Time to buy a lottery ticket.

At the end of the day i was able to convert $83 worth of ebay gift cards to $140 worth of BB gift cards, and $7 of gamestop credit

You really expect them to sell the used copy for $26.49 and give $25 in trade?
Wouldn't be the first time they have had boomerangs? Lol

I just threw it out there for the people who had the game shipped to them thinking they could wait. Get ready to do returns.

Can I return an internet order in store?
Yes, but it's a different process than typical returns. Some employees might not know the process beforehand, so they'll have to either ask a manager for help or look it up in their guidelines. If you bring the packing slip from the online order, that can help expedite the process.

One other thing to note is that shipping costs are non-refundable, so don't expect to get a full refund if you paid for shipping.

EDIT: Ignore me, I thought the question was about Gamestop.com orders, not Bestbuy.com orders.

I haven't kept up with their returns policy but at one point you weren't supposed to return preowned games unless you were exchanging it for another copy for defective reasons.  I can't imagine some employees would be as strict if you just keep it in the seal so it doesn't look like you even opened your copy but another alternative would be to just return to sender.  I had a feeling MP10 wasn't going to last long.

I haven't kept up with their returns policy but at one point you weren't supposed to return preowned games unless you were exchanging it for another copy for defective reasons. I can't imagine some employees would be as strict if you just keep it in the seal so it doesn't look like you even opened your copy but another alternative would be to just return to sender. I had a feeling MP10 wasn't going to last long.
I feel like we had this discussion a while back when they had the Red Dead Redemption sale. You pretty much gamble when you buy preowned from BB because their return/exchange policy for it absolutely blows.

Can I return an internet order in store?
I did an in-store return last weekend and it took maybe 20 minutes to return one game. He had to take out the manual and everything. It was pretty ridiculous how difficult it was.

I haven't kept up with their returns policy but at one point you weren't supposed to return preowned games unless you were exchanging it for another copy for defective reasons. I can't imagine some employees would be as strict if you just keep it in the seal so it doesn't look like you even opened your copy but another alternative would be to just return to sender. I had a feeling MP10 wasn't going to last long.
ouch. Maybe I'll just trade them in toward No Man's Sky and make about 50 cents each

edit: eh... I don't really want to deal with moving over the deposit to another game though. Can I just not pick up No Man's Sky and the next time I go to the store (say in a month) just move that money to another game?

I feel like we had this discussion a while back when they had the Red Dead Redemption sale. You pretty much gamble when you buy preowned from BB because their return/exchange policy for it absolutely blows.
Wow, I'm an idiot. I didn't notice that the question was regarding Bestbuy.com orders--my post concerned Gamestop.com orders. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

Well my suggestion is the most convenient method. Just don't open the package and give it back to the carrier marked as "return to sender"  You have to get your money back if you never open the package.  And yes you can move your preorders to another game.

Wouldn't be the first time they have had boomerangs? Lol

I just threw it out there for the people who had the game shipped to them thinking they could wait. Get ready to do returns.
Yep, I got caught with my fingers in the cookie jar this time being greedy and ordering extra used copies. Oh well, I'll just ship them back.

There are a bunch of ThinkGeek items on the PUR catalogue but not everything. Is there a way to convert my points to credit at ThinkGeek?
I'm not aware of a way to directly use points, but a Gamestop gift card will work at ThinkGeek.

So, theoretically, you could redeem for certificates to boomerang, with varying degrees of loss/profit.

Well my suggestion is the most convenient method. Just don't open the package and give it back to the carrier marked as "return to sender" You have to get your money back if you never open the package. And yes you can move your preorders to another game.
Yes, that is my plan, not gambling with in-store returns for a used game, especially since I bought 3, looks like a lot of us got caught here.

I guess you could hope for another stealth bump this weekend, but I guess that is not likely if the MSRP of MP10 is dropping to $29.99.

It's the "test" store they use to shoot commercials, where reality isn't quite as it appears.
Its funny too, as I was buying an old CE there. She had no idea there was a CE for that game so she sold it to me for the used price of the regular version. Really nice girl though. And did I mention fine as hell?

But yeah, best looking Gamestop I've been to, really large, brick walls, video game character portraits line the place, and the back is designated only for Thinkgeek, and has tons of display cases with nice big figures.

The Gamestop two blocks from Pennstation (only Gamestop I've seen with two floors) is really nice looking too. Hmm... That one also had a hot geeky babe working there...

I'm from NYC and I go to that gs. There is a Filipino girl and a white girl. This guy is really jumping the gun. I have seen hot girls at gs in NYC but not smoking hot and these girls I would categorize as cute if you're a guy who wants to date a gamer girl. That's just my two cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm from NYC and I go to that gs. There is a Filipino girl and a white girl. This guy is really jumping the gun. I have seen hot girls at gs in NYC but not smoking hot and these girls I would categorize as cute if you're a guy who wants to date a gamer girl. That's just my two cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's those two. Maybe I went a little overboard, but they definitely are cute though.

See for yourself,

2322 Broadway

New York, NY 10024
Really nice girl though. And did I mention fine as hell?

The Gamestop two blocks from Pennstation (only Gamestop I've seen with two floors) is really nice looking too. Hmm... That one also had a hot geeky babe working there...
18eblu.jpg

Mother******* sent me the wrong game. Two copies of samurai warriors 4-2. I found a store around that has empires. Can I just go trade it?

Not sure if anyone cares but Chibi Robo Zip Lash for 3DS was converted to preowned, so the sealed copy with the Amiibo is only $8.99 with PUR. The Amiibo trades back in for $4.13 so you can get the game for under $5 if you're interested

it is a stupid policy. I have kids that like to play games together (specifically 3/DS). I wanted to trade 2 copies of the old lego marvel for 2 copies of Lego Avengers, got the same "come back tomorrow" BS. They take ID and clearly track people's trading habits. If it were really a theft issue, I think they've got it covered pretty well already.
Ever since they had employees busted in a Memphis police sting on taking in stolen merchandise, they have drilled it into employees heads of only 1 copy. Some stores won't even do copies of the same game on different systems.

Mother******* sent me the wrong game. Two copies of samurai warriors 4-2. I found a store around that has empires. Can I just go trade it?
yea I think that happened at one of my stores too.Went to grab it, had the case but couldn't find the disc. I know at times employees "rent" games but I have a feeling it was put in the wrong box and sold to someone else. It is a confusing title for multiple games and from a glance discs looked pretty damn close.

yea I think that happened at one of my stores too.Went to grab it, had the case but couldn't find the disc. I know at times employees "rent" games but I have a feeling it was put in the wrong box and sold to someone else. It is a confusing title for multiple games and from a glance discs looked pretty damn close.
Yeah I just realized that there are multiple "Samurai WArriors 4xxxxx" games. First thing I did was made sure it wasn't my mistake, which it wasn't.

Question of morals... Just got off of the phone, and they're shipping me two copies to make up for the mistake. There is a store near me that has them in stock. I'm thinking of going to see if I can exchange my copies for copies of the actual game I want seeing how I have the receipt and they're actually the same exact price. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back