GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it's true also. Who trates in a game without the case anyways, besides dumbasses thinking they are sticking it to them. I know if I'm buying a used game to keep it better have the original case.
Me, all the time. 9 times out of 10 when I trade in a game it's because it has a high value at the time and I've beaten it or am just not playing it right now, but I intend to pick it back up when the price bottoms out to have it in my collection. If I keep the case then I don't have to worry about getting one from GS that's beat up, missing some insert or just plain not there. If they don't care if it's there or not when accepting trade-ins (and their site plainly says they give the same value with or without the case) then why give it to them?

You could use the app on the phone or have them scan a picture of the cards barcode.
Thx. I forgot about this feature. I'll be doing this now. I really don't want to add another card to my real wallet so I just added my Pur card to my virtual wallet

Me, all the time. 9 times out of 10 when I trade in a game it's because it has a high value at the time and I've beaten it or am just not playing it right now, but I intend to pick it back up when the price bottoms out to have it in my collection. If I keep the case then I don't have to worry about getting one from GS that's beat up, missing some insert or just plain not there. If they don't care if it's there or not when accepting trade-ins (and their site plainly says they give the same value with or without the case) then why give it to them?
If you buy back the game from GameStop, do you leave the original case and take only the disc in a generic box?

I've noticed that a good litmus test for whether or not the GameStop thread is self-imploding due to a lack of weekend flips is to count how many arguments there are about video game cases and banned account limits.

Sweet, had no idea about this.

Now I just need to decide which apps to delete to allow enough memory to download the app, ugh... blast all them useless, preinstalled apps!
If you can't clear off 11MB from your phone to install it, I think you have bigger issues than your PUR card going MIA.

Root your phone and remove them that way?
I'm aware of this but last time I read about it appeared to be too many BS involved with it, keep in mind this was a couple of years back so I might have to look back into it. Hopefully it wont require deleting everything on the phone regardless of backup methods.

Time to use all that GS credit to buy yourself a new Cricket phone!
But.... none of those phones have a full QUERTY keypad. How else am I supposed to game on my phone? Cause let's face it, running emulators on a touchscreen sucks :(

If you can't clear off 11MB from your phone to install it, I think you have bigger issues than your PUR card going MIA.
4 words, my friend: "Storage Space Running Out"

A common error that happens regardless whether you have enough space for an app. The most dreaded issue for all us android users.

Sweet, had no idea about this.

Now I just need to decide which apps to delete to allow enough memory to download the app, ugh... blast all them useless, preinstalled apps!
Delete something temporarily to make room for the gamestop app and grab a screenshot of your card. Then u can delete gamestop and reinstall whatever u deleted earlier.

4 words, my friend: "Storage Space Running Out"

A common error that happens regardless whether you have enough space for an app. The most dreaded issue for all us android users.
Do you actually have enough space? If you're under 500MB, you won't be able to install anything else. That's the way computer systems work. Also, most apps can only be installed to internal - your phone's - memory, not an SD card.

If you guys need tips to make new accounts and have problems with the phone number, use a burner app to create new numbers and use that for your pro account

PSA: I went into a Target store this morning, and there was signage that said all pre-owned games are 50% off this week, but the games didn't ring up automatically. I had to get an override at customer service. All PS3 and Xbox 360 games were $6.49. I don't remember the pricing for the PS4, Xbox One, and 3DS games, but there might be some decent flips to GameStop. I bought Halo Anniversary for 360 to keep for my collection, and I might check some other stores to see what else I can find. Of course, the available titles will be limited to whatever is on hand at that store. Good luck!

PSA: I went into a Target store this morning, and there was signage that said all pre-owned games are 50% off this week, but the games didn't ring up automatically. I had to get an override at customer service. All PS3 and Xbox 360 games were $6.49. I don't remember the pricing for the PS4, Xbox One, and 3DS games, but there might be some decent flips to GameStop. I bought Halo Anniversary for 360 to keep for my collection, and I might check some other stores to see what else I can find. Of course, the available titles will be limited to whatever is on hand at that store. Good luck!
it seems like watch dog(ps3/xb 360) and ass rogue(ps3/xbox 360) 50% off according to cartwheel.

Have some quick questions about the Xbox One S trade in running this month, hoping someone in the thread knows.

For the $150 Xbox one to Xbox one S trade in, Do you need to include the control when you trade in? 

Can the $150 be applied towards the 500gb system that releases on  Aug. 23rd or can you only get the 2TB console? 

So what boomerangs/flips and credit movers got bumped this weekend? I'm too lazy to flip today and will probably go tomorrow. Hopefully they don't tank that much

Just a heads up for a anybody considering one of the XB1 slim's coming out on the 23rd, the 20% bump towards a Madden preorder works with the 1tb console since it includes Madden. Got a surprise extra $13 or so when I did some trades to pay my console down today.

Probably already covered in here but those extra 25% trade coupons don't stack with the No Mans Sky or Madden bonus. Still ended up with $33.75 for Rise of The Tomb Raider though.

Yeah that works too. I had a bunch of scratched up discs I traded in and the guy didn't charge a refurbished fee. However I traded in pokemon cart only games and he charged a refurbished fee on all 3 in same transaction. I was like wtf? And he said "I didn't charge you for the scratched discs". So I said " well then why the pokemon games?" His response was no cases. I took the cartridges back and he still didn't charge for the discs which were really scratched to shit. It made no sense.
Burn him on the survey b/c GS throws out DS cases anyway. Some stores are even starting to throw out 3DS cases.

Have the weekend bumps all tanked on Monday or Tuesday for previous weeks? Don't have time to go to a GS today before they close at 6pm =(
Hopefully values are same tomorrow...

Anyone get a phone call from GS randomly before? Do they call u if ur acct is banned?
GameStop app kicked me out last night, usually it always auto logs me in, but last night when I checked trade in values, it asked me to login o_O due to my acct not being linked to the app. Yikes lol never seen that screen before...I'm afraid to login lolol

A GS in the city I work in just called me, I didn't answer the phone coz I didnt recognize the # until I googled it lol...they didn't leave a msg o_O No Man's Sky doesn't come out til Tuesday so I don't think its about my preorder, and this is not a store that releases new games at 8:30pm the day before its supposed to be released either to my knowledge..unless the call was indeed to say I can get the game the night before, meaning tomorrow night lol. AFAIK, only 1 GS in this district releases games the night before...not this store though.

I didnt want to burn him. He is usually really cool. It turns out they have a new manager because the old one quit and the new manager us telling them no cases then charge a refurb fee. So long story short i burned the new manager.

It's funny to think that if Microsoft went through with their original plan of not allowing used games on the Xbone, so many flips (Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deadpool, etc.) wouldn't even exist

The funny thing is the majority of gamers and consumers blasted microsoft after the announcement immediately. If you remember there was a huge uproar. It was so bad Microsoft quickly realized this and did complete 360 (no pun intended). Hence fast forward to now all the backwards compatibility titles. And more flips. Yay!

Walked into a store this week, and as I was leaving, the girl goes "Thanks again for shopping at Gamestop!! You've saved $500 so far this year!"

I didn't really want the manager or other employees to know what was up, so I just nervously said " He he... I love shopping at Gamestop... what can I say?" as I crept out of the door
That is totally the best way to handle that situation. :D

I hope it's true also. Who trates in a game without the case anyways, besides dumbasses thinking they are sticking it to them. I know if I'm buying a used game to keep it better have the original case.
A good chunk of the games I trade in I don't have a case for (or it's a generic case), a precious few of them I keep the case because it's the steelbook case and nobody touches baby's SB cases. Once I kept the case because I liked the cover art (this is a little douchey), and once I just plain forgot to bring the case with me.

/TheEnd

The funny thing is the majority of gamers and consumers blasted microsoft after the announcement immediately. If you remember there was a huge uproar. It was so bad Microsoft quickly realized this and did complete 360 (no pun intended). Hence fast forward to now all the backwards compatibility titles. And more flips. Yay!

Complete 360 huh...interesting

Went to trade in a couple of games and tried putting a $5 deposit on No Man's Sky to get the 20% bonus boost. The employee was insistent on putting the entire 20% bonus I would receive from the games on to the preorder. I said no, and that I'd put only $5 on it. The manager eventually stepped in and said to only put $5 in because I'd be getting credit to spend at the store regardless (which I already knew). Manager also told me that supposedly they would get a call from some office asking why I would they didn't put the entire 20% bonus onto the preorder. I knew they were full of crap because I've done the same thing at this location numerous times with the same employee and manager.

Went to trade in a couple of games and tried putting a $5 deposit on No Man's Sky to get the 20% bonus boost. The employee was insistent on putting the entire 20% bonus I would receive from the games on to the preorder. I said no, and that I'd put only $5 on it. The manager eventually stepped in and said to only put $5 in because I'd be getting credit to spend at the store regardless (which I already knew). Manager also told me that supposedly they would get a call from some office asking why I would they didn't put the entire 20% bonus onto the preorder. I knew they were full of crap because I've done the same thing at this location numerous times with the same employee and manager.
At my store they wouldn't give the 20 percent bonus unless I paid for the game in full so I took cash instead and walked out with 200 plus :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back