GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any problems trading in redbox games or is it YMMV?
None of the ones near me accept the redbox games that have "Redbox" printed on them in red along the outer part of the disc. If your discs just have the sticker on the inner ring then that's easy enough to remove, but afaik it's impossible to remove the red lettering.

None of the ones near me accept the redbox games that have "Redbox" printed on them in red along the outer part of the disc. If your discs just have the sticker on the inner ring then that's easy enough to remove, but afaik it's impossible to remove the red lettering.
I've only seen it on the ps4 transformers Devestation disc. But I will guess that all their discs will soon be sporting that awesome red font around the circumference of the disc.

Any problems trading in redbox games or is it YMMV?
YMMV but all of the gamestops I traded redbox games at didn't have a problem except one gamestop in a mall. Traded my last one today and dude was wondering why it had a redbox sticker and I just told em I can show the proof of purchase and they were cool with it

I just stumbled on to trading in games at GS. (I must have been under a rock for a long time)

Are there any limits or things to be aware of? I'm picking up some copies of TMNT and maybe left for Dead 2 at Best Buy if i find them to trade in. Maybe 2 or 3 - is this number allowed? 

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

I just stumbled on to trading in games at GS. (I must have been under a rock for a long time)

Are there any limits or things to be aware of? I'm picking up some copies of TMNT and maybe left for Dead 2 at Best Buy if i find them to trade in. Maybe 2 or 3 - is this number allowed?

GameStop has a 4 of the same item limit in a 30 day period and usually only one copy of each game per platform per trade in. Some places may reject you if it's the same game on two different consoles.

Could you possibly be Obito from Naruto? You can trade in 4 of the same game, same platform at gamestop

Been hit with tradeban hammer lol :whistle2:( Found out earlier tonight when I tried to trade in stuff & get cash for the 2nd time during this promotion, all the other times were credit trades. Didn't hit $2k within last 30 days which is what was theorized earlier. Could've kicked in that day I was mysteriously logged out of GameStop's app earlier this week & was asked to log in again.
Was doing credit in the first few weeks at end of July of this promo & was planning on doing cash in August for the last part to extract credit out. Too late now grrrr lol.

Didn't trade in more than 4 copies of anything within the 30 days prior to my last successful trade on 07/31. Think I only had 2 or 3 games at 4 trades, everything else was at 3 or 2 trades.

No one knows what the credit/cash limit is really yet, but max 4 copies of each game per platform per 30 days is the limit.

Does the 90 days ban start from the last successful trade or the day we attempt to do a trade & the notification pops up? This was the 1st time I've traded in August, well attempted to trade lol.

Think I've found all my receipts:
I was only able to get $63.8 cash o_O geeez!
$1825.2 in GS trade credit with all the 20% purchase bonuses
------- so $1889 total from July 1-July31

I traded in only 2x in mid-June, for a total of $108 in case it's not rolling 30 days...but even with that included, it would only be $1997.

Maybe GS has a weekly trade limit instead? $1889 was within a little over a week lol..

Been hit with tradeban hammer lol =( & I didn't hit $2k within last 30 days which is what was theorized earlier. Found out earlier tonight when I tried to trade in stuff & get cash for the 2nd time during this promotion, all the other times were credit trades.
Think it kicked in that day I was mysteriously logged out of GameStop's app earlier this week & was asked to log in again.
I was doing credit in the first few weeks of this promo & was planning on doing cash the last part. Too late now grrrr.
Does the 90 days ban start from the last successful trade or the day we attempt to do a trade & the notification pops up? This was the 1st time I've traded in August, well attemtped to trade lol. I didn't trade in more than 4 copies of anything within the 30 days prior to my last successful trade. Think I only had 2 or 3 games at 4 trades, everything else was at 3 or 2 trades.
Think I've found all my reciepts:
------- so $1889 total from July 1st-July31
WTF dude... $1825 in trade. Shit.

Been hit with tradeban hammer lol :whistle2:( Found out earlier tonight when I tried to trade in stuff & get cash for the 2nd time during this promotion, all the other times were credit trades. I didn't hit $2k within last 30 days which is what was theorized earlier. Think it kicked in that day I was mysteriously logged out of GameStop's app earlier this week & was asked to log in again.
I was doing credit in the first few weeks of this promo & was planning on doing cash the last part. Too late now grrrr lol.

I didn't trade in more than 4 copies of anything within the 30 days prior to my last successful trade. Think I only had 2 or 3 games at 4 trades, everything else was at 3 or 2 trades.
No one knows what the credit/cash limit is really yet, but max 4 copies of each game per platform per 30 days is the limit.
Does the 90 days ban start from the last successful trade or the day we attempt to do a trade & the notification pops up? This was the 1st time I've traded in August, well attempted to trade lol.
------- so $1889 total from July 1st-July31
Could still be that specifically the CASH limit is removed during these cash=credit promos, since you said you were banned by going over the credit limit.

lol it wasn't just only games actually

If you get banned do you forfeit all the trade in credit you've accumulated or does it merely stop you from trading in more?
not sure what happens to your trade credit if u added it to ur PUR card... but as long as put the trade credit on a trade card instead, u can keep the value & spend it. trade banned means u can't trade games/consoles/electronics/anything for somewhere around the next 90 days iirc using that specific acct. if u live in a state that doesn't require IDs for PUR accts, then u can just create a new acct.

Could still be that specifically the CASH limit is removed during these cash=credit promos, since you said you were banned by going over the credit limit.
Hmm wasn't near $500 cash limit yet lol, and iirc $2k was the credit limit? I was approaching that, not over it yet lol. Though if the trade I did today was accepted, then it would've def pushed me over $2k last 30 days for credit+cash. Today was actually going to be my last day trading stuff in during this promo anyways, too bad it didn't work out rofl. If today's trade in was accepted, I still wouldn't have gotten close to $500 cash limit either actually..hmm..

Maybe there's a weekly limit also, who knows with GS these days lol since only a few other ppl have calculated their totals earlier

It's suprisingly easy to rack up the trade-in total if you get really into the boomerangs and take advantage of promos. I just calculated my totals since 7/21 (when I started), and I've only just realized I traded in $605.14 worth of games in credit. That's not the profit I made, but you get the idea.

That's mostly dealing with the same 3-4 gamestops I frequent. I'd probably be closer to the limit if I had more time during weekdays.

It's suprisingly easy to rack up the trade-in total if you get really into the boomerangs and take advantage of promos. I just calculated my totals since 7/21 (when I started), and I've only just realized I traded in $605.14 worth of games in credit. That's not the profit I made, but you get the idea.

That's mostly dealing with the same 3-4 gamestops I frequent. I'd probably be closer to the limit if I had more time during weekdays.
What is the point of all that trade credit? Isn't it useless with the eBay and Amazon gift cards gone?

What is the point of all that trade credit? Isn't it useless with the eBay and Amazon gift cards gone?
Well keep in mind that all of this credit was gained from credit in the first place. Any credit I've gained since that initial amount isn't from spending any real money (other than some gas/transportation $).

It's not completely useless since you could always wait to transfer to Bestbuy. If I'm feeling really lazy, I could just pay at GS prices, sometimes their preowned prices aren't too bad. Steam, PSN, XBL credit is always an option too. Plus, since the cash=credit promo was extended I plan to convert some of it back to cash since I did transfer some to Bestbuy already.

Anyway, the point is anyone who trades in this much should definitely make a spreadsheet and keep receipts to keep track of purchases. You don't want to get banned for not paying attention to company policies.

I'm too lazy to checkout the spreadsheet and actually do boomerangs. And I don't have the guts to trade a lot like a lot at the same 3-4 gamestops lol

Are the 20% trade in bonus offers only good one time? For example if I traded in some games towards the Madden 17 Xbox One S bundle, would I be able to trade more games in towards the bundle at a later time and still receive the 20% bonus? If that is possible, can trades at one store be applied to a pre-order at another store?

Are the 20% trade in bonus offers only good one time? For example if I traded in some games towards the Madden 17 Xbox One S bundle, would I be able to trade more games in towards the bundle at a later time and still receive the 20% bonus? If that is possible, can trades at one store be applied to a pre-order at another store?
No, you can use it multiple times.

No you can't do that. You could technically get them to cancel your preorder at the other store and transfer it to the store you are at, but it is a big pain in the ass. I wouldn't recommend it.

You live to troll
Actually, it's a valid question. The only reason someone at GS would ask for a receipt before trading something in would be if they assumed you're a filthy thief and stole the game from a Redbox kiosk.

I've traded in games from a Redbox and never been asked for my receipt. Same goes for any games I've traded into GS, though I only trade in at stores that I do regular business at. I guess they assume I'm well above being a filthy thief and offering them stolen games. :whee:

Been hit with tradeban hammer lol :whistle2:( Found out earlier tonight when I tried to trade in stuff & get cash for the 2nd time during this promotion, all the other times were credit trades. Didn't hit $2k within last 30 days which is what was theorized earlier. Could've kicked in that day I was mysteriously logged out of GameStop's app earlier this week & was asked to log in again.
Was doing credit in the first few weeks at end of July of this promo & was planning on doing cash in August for the last part to extract credit out. Too late now grrrr lol.

Didn't trade in more than 4 copies of anything within the 30 days prior to my last successful trade on 07/31. Think I only had 2 or 3 games at 4 trades, everything else was at 3 or 2 trades.
------- so $1889 total from July 1-July31

I traded in only 2x in mid-June, for a total of $108 in case it's not rolling 30 days...but even with that included, it would only be $1997.

Maybe GS has a weekly trade limit instead? $1889 was within a little over a week lol..
It should be a rolling 30 Day period. If your June-July rolling period total is somewhere around $1997, it's easily conceivable that you went over the $2k limit and there's one or two receipts unaccounted for or something. The 90 days should start from the date of the ban-trade not the notification. Also, there was talk of bans not going into effect until the first day of the following calendar month after your ban-able offense (so if you went over the limit in June/July period the ban wouldn't begin until August 1st). This might explain the delay in potential bans for members stating they've gone over $2k and haven't been affected yet.

Yeah but $1825 will get you almost 1,000 crunchy tacos at Taco Bell

1,000 tacos = free Taco Bell for life = winning

Seriously though, starlight another thing to not overlook is that much trade activity is bound to get you into the store often enough that a jr. detective could decide to look up your account and report it to LP. As eswal said, you also have to assume you properly accounted for every single trade/receipt which gets a little cumbersome when you get that high.

How can GS afford to keep giving $20-$25 for Wii systems? Do people actually buy those?
I read somewhere that GameStop sells preowned systems from previous generations at their stores in other countries. I traded in 4 PS2 systems a while back. Those probably go for a lot in countries where people don't have as much money as people do in the U.S.

How can GS afford to keep giving $20-$25 for Wii systems? Do people actually buy those?
Just a guess but I am assuming the home brew/emulation capabilities and ease of use for kids is what keeps these selling and worth a little bit. The only reason I own a Wii is because I use it as a old school "arcade machine" in my man cave with all my favorite 8 + 16 bit games on it for when buddies come over and we go retro.

I assume the answer is no but maybe someone can confirm for sure for you.
Highly unlikely it will work on used, although I haven't tried personally.

Terms and conditions say "towards new release software title". Now that still isn't very clear but they will probably say since the word "new" is in the terms and conditions, then that's their justification.

Why not just go try for yourself and let everyone else here know?

Didn't encounter issues trading in the red box games but brought them in a cd case holder than the actual red box case. Also gave me no issues with transformers devestation for ps4 because of the redbox print on the disc. 😁

Just did a ~$60 cash trade today, still no ban. Pretty sure we can at least conclude that the cash limit during cash=credit promos is higher than $2k, which means there probably is no cash limit during them.

Just did a ~$60 cash trade today, still no ban. Pretty sure we can at least conclude that the cash limit during cash=credit promos is higher than $2k, which means there probably is no cash limit during them.
Eld - didn't you get hit with the cash limit message during the last cash promo? If so, I think there was a mention that it was around $1K give or take?

Also totally OT but if anybody speaks Portuguese can you PM me? I have a quick one translation question that's pretty important for me. The google translation didn't work for me. TIA

Eld - didn't you get hit with the cash limit message during the last cash promo? If so, I think there was a mention that it was around $1K give or take?
If you're asking me then no, I went over $500 during the past promo (maybe past $1000, I still have the receipts but that would be a PITA to dig that far back and check them all), and wasn't banned.

If you're asking me then no, I went over $500 during the past promo (maybe past $1000, I still have the receipts but that would be a PITA to dig that far back and check them all), and wasn't banned.
I was asking for Eldritch to chime in but used your quote as a reference. I think he got hit with the cash limit block and did less than $2K is where I was going with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back