GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the monthly reminder how valuable their paying customers are.
well it better be off the pre owned version if they really value us :D

idk when I first saw that I assumed I could've gotten it pre owned but now pretty sure it's just new. Should've just got it when it was on sale for $21-23 used a few weeks ago.

Got all the trophies on ps4 before the dlc and kinda wanna run threw it again on xbone. The grind getting to the end is really fun, but once your at the end game it's pretty dull and repetitive :(

The dream still lives :D
I was in GS the other day when someone tried to trade in a 360 E. The manager took the AC adapter, the controller, took the HDD out and gave him back the system. She told the guy those 3 alone are worth more than the actual 360 system, and he should try to sell the system "console only" on eBay since he would get more $$$. I asked her about it, and she said no one is buying the systems anymore and they take up too much space, but accessories are selling like hotcakes.

I love you guys and I love what yall do for us gamers. I don't want to get banned but some bad stuff happened yesterday and I need to at least post this once.

I live in Prairieville la. My house was destroyed by the floods today. Me and my son lost everything. Our PS4, Wii U, both 360's and 100 disney infinity characters are gone. It's hard to deal with. If you don't want to help that's cool. Could you guys at least spread the word. Thanks.

https://www.gofundme.com/2jyvu4s

Have a question since I haven't traded anything into GameStop in years:

How strict are they regarding trade ins? I want to trade in my white 500gb Xbox One for $150 towards the One S, and it works perfectly and there's no damage at all to the console or controller. Should I expect to get the full $150? Or do I need the box and everything for that?

Have a question since I haven't traded anything into GameStop in years:

How strict are they regarding trade ins? I want to trade in my white 500gb Xbox One for $150 towards the One S, and it works perfectly and there's no damage at all to the console or controller. Should I expect to get the full $150? Or do I need the box and everything for that?
You should be good to go. No box needed. All you need is the console, power brick, and a controller

I was in GS the other day when someone tried to trade in a 360 E. The manager took the AC adapter, the controller, took the HDD out and gave him back the system. She told the guy those 3 alone are worth more than the actual 360 system, and he should try to sell the system "console only" on eBay since he would get more $$$. I asked her about it, and she said no one is buying the systems anymore and they take up too much space, but accessories are selling like hotcakes.
I saw that over the weekend. I was next in line. I gave her a great survey.

So I'm a noob to flipping and what you guys do for gamers is amazing. I've flipped just a tiny bit do pay off one or two games I wanna get this fall. My one question which I can't seem to find the answer to is I see a lot of talk about the Xbox AC adapters. Is there a flip opportunity there or do people just own a lot of those? If it's a dumb question I apologize. Again you guys are awesome.

So I'm a noob to flipping and what you guys do for gamers is amazing. I've flipped just a tiny bit do pay off one or two games I wanna get this fall. My one question which I can't seem to find the answer to is I see a lot of talk about the Xbox AC adapters. Is there a flip opportunity there or do people just own a lot of those? If it's a dumb question I apologize. Again you guys are awesome.
You buy the 360 slim adapters for cheap on eBay. Then send them into GameStop for more than what you paid. The only thing I would recommend is to buy genuine adapters. The 3rd party ones may get rejected and they also suck quality wise. If we are going to screw over GameStop, please don't screw over the people who buy the adapters too.

You buy the 360 slim adapters for cheap on eBay. Then send them into GameStop for more than what you paid. The only thing I would recommend is to buy genuine adapters. The 3rd party ones may get rejected and they also suck quality wise. If we are going to screw over GameStop, please don't screw over the people who buy the adapters too.

I love you guys and I love what yall do for us gamers. I don't want to get banned but some bad stuff happened yesterday and I need to at least post this once.

I live in Prairieville la. My house was destroyed by the floods today. Me and my son lost everything. Our PS4, Wii U, both 360's and 100 disney infinity characters are gone. It's hard to deal with. If you don't want to help that's cool. Could you guys at least spread the word. Thanks.

If this was meant to be serious, dude....If I lost everything, to hell with videogames. Somebody donate me some clothes, a bed, etc.

Looks like your go fund me got taken down. And as others have said if this true video games should be the least of your worries. :^o

Honestly, if you were able to afford a ps4, Wii u, 2 Xbox 360s and 100 infinity characters, not to mention games for these systems you are probably well off financially already.

If this was meant to be serious, dude....If I lost everything, to hell with videogames. Somebody donate me some clothes, a bed, etc.
Wait. I didn't bother actually looking at the GoFundMe because I'd have to make an account, but the GoFundMe was just for video games?

I figured it was for money for a temporary place to stay, food, essentials, etc.

Either a scam or that person has some serious prioritization issues if it happened the day before he posted his GoFundMe (or the day of, it isn't clear).

I just called because I was wondering the same thing. $24.50 base for both models with our without the 3.5mm jack.
Damn. That's $27 after PUR. I've got a first model controller with a stuck A button and my good one's (also first model) right bumper just started being crappy today, these controllers are not built to last.

They refurbish these controllers after they take them in, right? What're the chances I can get the full TIV without any issues?

I'd rather someone give me a 4k tv and a ps4 so I can play in the flood
4K sets float, right?

Damn. That's $27 after PUR. I've got a first model controller with a stuck A button and my good one's (also first model) right bumper just started being crappy today, these controllers are not built to last.

They refurbish these controllers after they take them in, right? What're the chances I can get the full TIV without any issues?
If it feels OK when you push the buttons it will be fine since they don't actually use them.

If it feels OK when you push the buttons it will be fine since they don't actually use them.
The bumper feels fine. Definitely clicks and games intermittently register the input, but it's much more of an effort and annoyingly inconsistent. The only thing I'd say is it's probably a little looser than the other bumper but you'd be thoroughly examining it to figure that out.

The A button getting stuck is a little more noticeable. Even if it doesn't get stuck on a press, there's a lack of pushback. I'll have to figure out a temporary solution for it or something.

It figures something fucks up on each controller, rather than 2 issues on one. I've been pretty good to these controllers too, my 360 controllers could take a lot more "abuse".

Come on, man. Don't try to justify your sticking GS with a crappy controller; I think we all know they are going to set it on the counter after you trade it in, and within a few hours, it will be bagged up and sitting on their wall to be sold. I am not saying that lots of us may have even done the same thing in the past, but don't try to rationalize it in your head by pretending that GS has some type of quality control on these products after they take them in. Basically, if you manage to slip it past the workers, you're good, but don't even pretend like that busted controller is not going to go home to some unsuspecting sap as is in a few days.

I bought 6 controllers ( 3 ps4 and 3 xbone for normal use )after Christmas during the annual B2G1 on all preowned items they have. Had to exchange 4 because various issues, broken battery cover, sticky buttons, trailing analog sticks, non working triggers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You know, I've heard about this and trading in cheap HDMI cables and MicroUSB cables as well. My question is, wouldn't that raise a flag when you are trading in more than one power adapter, moreso when you are not trading in the console with it? Are people buying the adapters in bulk lots of 6 or 10 and then spreading out trading in two at a time for each store or something?

You know, I've heard about this and trading in cheap HDMI cables and MicroUSB cables as well. My question is, wouldn't that raise a flag when you are trading in more than one power adapter, moreso when you are not trading in the console with it? Are people buying the adapters in bulk lots of 6 or 10 and then spreading out trading in two at a time for each store or something?
I just trade 1 every so often to a random store and if they ask why you trading
just the PSU I just tell them I found it at a flea market cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I bought 6 controllers ( 3 ps4 and 3 xbone for normal use )after Christmas during the annual B2G1 on all preowned items they have. Had to exchange 4 because various issues, broken battery cover, sticky buttons, trailing analog sticks, non working triggers.
Jesus christ, I haven't bought preowned controllers from GS since a B2G1 free during the 360 days (those controllers went to shit, but within 6 months - 1 year as opposed to immediately, they were also first model). I had no idea it was that bad.

You're right. I just figured the testing/checking/fixing was better these days, since I got hit with a "mandatory" refurb fee for a lightly scratched disc (L4D2, worked fine for years, just flipping), and even the first model preowned controllers are priced really high online, precisely to avoid the kind of shitty experiences blackbeard had.

That said, you should at least briefly test preowned accessories from GameStop ASAP (with games, you can just eyeball the disc before you buy, at least). The A button will be immediately noticeable, even just for regular play. The bumper is less so, but still could be detected in the first 7 days, I'd be amazed if it wasn't within the first 30 (return/exchange period). But yes, I acknowledge I'm still a bad person, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back