GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question. If I were to turn in my old Xbox one ($150 trade in) for an XB1S (500gb, $300) and then return the S, what would I get back? $300 to my bank account? $150 in store credit and $150 to my back account? Or $150 to my account plus whatever the non promo trade in value is for an XB1?
I ask because there are cheaper ways to get an XB1S, but my launch XB1 isn't in prime fighting shape anymore and has some "quirks" that put it in the needs to be replaced category and GS is the only place offering decent trade value for it right now.

What's nfx?

Edit: nvm I finally saw the $9.99 price but no longer available? How long did that last and it didn't have free shipping? Anyway I'd actually keep that game if I had an Xbox one

Im not sure i just used my parents address. But from pasr experience gamefly is pretty strict with their quantity policy. Ive never received a ban but just cancelled orders or a phone call if they link the accounts. They dont link it by ip though as i sign in and sign out without ever having an issue.

What's nfx?

Edit: nvm I finally saw the $9.99 price but no longer available? How long did that last and it didn't have free shipping? Anyway I'd actually keep that game if I had an Xbox one
it was available this morning.

Quick question. If I were to turn in my old Xbox one ($150 trade in) for an XB1S (500gb, $300) and then return the S, what would I get back? $300 to my bank account? $150 in store credit and $150 to my back account? Or $150 to my account plus whatever the non promo trade in value is for an XB1?
I ask because there are cheaper ways to get an XB1S, but my launch XB1 isn't in prime fighting shape anymore and has some "quirks" that put it in the needs to be replaced category and GS is the only place offering decent trade value for it right now.
You'd get it back in the exact form you used.

Just trade it towards one of the pre-order consoles.

Was gonna use Witcher 3 to convert some BB credit to cash, and I see that every single BB near me has 3+ copies of it for Xbone, but none near me have any at all for PS4. Kinda strange, anyone else in a similar boat?

So if I traded in games on the July 29th, would the 30 day rolling period be over by August 28th? Looking at a date calculator, 30 days from July 29th is August 28th, the last day of the promo. I'm just wondering due to the "you can trade xx amount in a 30 day rolling period" rule.

Was gonna use Witcher 3 to convert some BB credit to cash, and I see that every single BB near me has 3+ copies of it for Xbone, but none near me have any at all for PS4. Kinda strange, anyone else in a similar boat?
If you're converting it to cash (using current GS cash promo I'm assuming), why would it matter? They both have the same TIV.

Im guessing my 20% off preowned item birthday coupon would be pointless to use with my B2G1 free coupon because it would work same way dollar off certs do an take it off the free game right?

Im guessing my 20% off preowned item birthday coupon would be pointless to use with my B2G1 free coupon because it would work same way dollar off certs do an take it off the free game right?
The only way that works is if the most expensive game is still the most expensive game of the 3 after the 20%.

Fry's has a promo code to make the Animal Crossing 3 pack amiibos for $3.50 and you can trade them in for ~$4 each.
Thanks, I bought 3 for $3.50 each. The code is for 1 only but the manager overrode it. Easy $20 for selling 3 packs.

Also, the list for $30 Credit for the new releases is out (In-store list).

WWE 2k17

Mafia 3

Fifa 17

NBA 2k17 by 10/15

Madden 17 (Trade By 9/21)

Destiny RISE OF IRON (Collection?) by 10/19

Final Fantasy

Gears of War 4

Edit: Anybody know if the Destiny Collection is going to be a disc or vanilla destiny with codes?

Thanks, I bought 3 for $3.50 each. The code is for 1 only but the manager overrode it. Easy $20 for selling 3 packs.

Also, the list for $30 Credit for the new releases is out (In-store list).

WWE 2k17

Mafia 3

Fifa 17

NBA 2k17 by 10/15

Madden 17 (Trade By 9/21)

Destiny RISE OF IRON (Collection?) by 10/19

Final Fantasy

Gears of War 4

Edit: Anybody know if the Destiny Collection is going to be a disc or vanilla destiny with codes?
Honestly who the f cares as long as Rise of Iron is a code!

Honestly who the f cares as long as Rise of Iron is a code!
It does matter. If the collection is a disc, the DLC is usually downloaded into the system and no longer need the collection disc but only vanilla Destiny. If it is then you can get the DLC for $15-18 (Buy from BB sell to GS). If it is a Code, Gamestop is smart enough to take out Destiny outright such as Taken King. Bestbuy removed it within hours of opening in the East Coast. Only Target never removed the game from the system.

So that pretty much confirms that Destiny Collection will have all DLC on disc right? GS wouldn't be stupid enough to give $30 for vanilla Destiny

So that pretty much confirms that Destiny Collection will have all DLC on disc right? GS wouldn't be stupid enough to give $30 for vanilla Destiny
I would guess that it will have everything but RoI on disc. RoI will probably not be finalized in time to be on disc.

GS wouldn't be stupid enough to give $30 for vanilla Destiny
Yes they would. Though it might get changed/fixed before release. I traded in the Taken King physical release (which was vanilla disc + code) to Amazon for $25 before they realized/fixed the trade-in offer.

I'm 99% certain that the collection will be a vanilla disc + code. All additional content to this game is linked to your bungie account (via psn/xbl code), never disc content.

Yes they would. Though it might get changed/fixed before release. I traded in the Taken King physical release (which was vanilla disc + code) to Amazon for $25 before they realized/fixed the trade-in offer.

I'm 99% certain that the collection will be a vanilla disc + code. All additional content to this game is linked to your bungie account (via psn/xbl code), never disc content.
Being a digital service, that it's all been set up that way so far, and that they said previously it was going to be digital only does make inclined to agree.

if they happen to be, i expect a lot of us will be misplacing the cases for our rise of iron collections which we decided to trade in immediately upon release

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back