GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please can someone shed some light on the trade ban theory(ies)? New to this and closing in on about 500 this month (just started in August). Is the trading timeline every calendar month? Or when? Thanks.

Please can someone shed some light on the trade ban theory(ies)? New to this and closing in on about 500 this month (just started in August). Is the trading timeline every calendar month? Or when? Thanks.
your last 30 days today is 26 so start from july 26/27

When is this active? I can't find it on the site...
"Offer valid only while new game is priced $49.99 or higher."

I don't think any gamestop anywhere is going to have these for that price. (Except maybe GTA V on next-gen but that would be really hard to talk your way into)

Sweet.  Just went to pick up my Madden pre-order that was already paid off and trade in Deadpool and Arkham Knight.  Turns out since the sale for Madden isn't final until I pick it up, I got another 20% bump on the games I traded today.  Very nice considering the $10 I'm getting off of Battlefield 1 when it comes out, which is already fully paid

Edit:  I couldn't help but pick up the Gronk figure they have.  Do these "Gamestop Exclusive" figures ever gain any value?  Asking because I see on back of the box that some locations got a Tom Brady one.  I don't really care about resale, but wondering if I should buy it now for $25 (also comes with 7 MUT packs) or wait for clearance prices.  I'd hate to wait and then only be able to get it resale for an inflated price

Sweet. Just went to pick up my Madden pre-order that was already paid off and trade in Deadpool and Arkham Knight. Turns out since the sale for Madden isn't final until I pick it up, I got another 20% bump on the games I traded today. Very nice considering the $10 I'm getting off of Battlefield 1 when it comes out, which is already fully paid

Edit: I couldn't help but pick up the Gronk figure they have. Do these "Gamestop Exclusive" figures ever gain any value? Asking because I see on back of the box that some locations got a Tom Brady one. I don't really care about resale, but wondering if I should buy it now for $25 (also comes with 7 MUT packs) or wait for clearance prices. I'd hate to wait and then only be able to get it resale for an inflated price
Did you preorder in person and traded in as well? If so, were you able to do this:

1. Put X amount towards madden preorder; got +20% bonus on initial trade-in
2. Traded in more stuff and picked up madden; got another 20% bonus on secondary trade-in.

Is this correct and/or possible?

Did you preorder in person and traded in as well? If so, were you able to do this:

1. Put X amount towards madden preorder; got +20% bonus on initial trade-in
2. Traded in more stuff and picked up madden; got another 20% bonus on secondary trade-in.

Is this correct and/or possible?
That's exactly what happened. I went in store a while back and traded while I pre-ordered and paid Madden in full. Then today I got another 20% bonus on picking it up with some additional trades

I'm also assuming they'll do the 20% bonus toward Battlefield eventually, which I also have completely paid off with a 50% bonus. So when I pick up I'll do more trades and also get $10 off for purchasing Madden. Good deal

Bummer, was gonna trade in animal crossing Wii today too , lost $7

Has anyone ever used those kiosks that let you exchange gift cards for cash? What's the amount/percent you get hit with for using that machine
Might as well just give it my $300 GameStop money

Bummer, was gonna trade in animal crossing Wii today too , lost $7

Has anyone ever used those kiosks that let you exchange gift cards for cash? What's the amount/percent you get hit with for using that machine
Might as well just give it my $300 GameStop money
Around 7 up to 25% percent.

Will I lose the 20% (or any extra percentage) bonus TIV if I were to return a game that was part of a promotion?

I'm planning on returning madden 17 right before my return period expires but I was wondering if an employee can revert/adjust the bonus values, I had the credit deposited into a trade card if it makes any difference.

I got $32.50 credit for Bravely Default yesterday ($25 before PUR + Madden bonuses), despite the app saying the base value was $20.

Will I lose the 20% (or any extra percentage) bonus TIV if I were to return a game that was part of a promotion?

I'm planning on returning madden 17 right before my return period expires but I was wondering if an employee can revert/adjust the bonus values, I had the credit deposited into a trade card if it makes any difference.
YMMV. My question is will they revoke the gaming pass for $10 off future EA titles?

71357962.jpg

I'm going to trade in my :xb1: today and want to clear everything out - what's the best way to set it up as new again, without inserting any of my personal information on the console, so they can test it easily during the trade-in process?

I'm going to trade in my :xb1: today and want to clear everything out - what's the best way to set it up as new again, without inserting any of my personal information on the console, so they can test it easily during the trade-in process?
Sometimes they want to see the home menu so that it works fine. Then they format it in front of you.

Though the employees might be lazy and not care at all. Before going in I would remove the Xbox as your home console and then format it completely. Start it again and then go through the steps as if setting up a new xbox, but dont plug in any personal information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back