GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Resident Evil 5 and 6 are dead. Even with the price at gamestop in the last sale.

Doom - $15 base (I think this will be a $15 black friday game, anyone else?)

Gravity Rush Remastered - $17 base - Gamestop feels like it's speculating on this one. They have the used price at $35, amazon is the exclusive seller and still has copies at $30 new. They're paying like $27.20 for it thinking it will go out of stock on amazon and they can up the price on it later.

Witcher 3 base version - $13 ($20 after bonuses, I think i'll trade it for now and hope the complete version is $20 in the next year)

Ratchet and Clank PS4 - $15 base

Might be a good time to flip it, Sony has shown that they like to drop their first party games to $10 digital and $15/20 retail, even for games that used to be higher priced like Last of Us remastered. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ratchet and uncharted collection show up this holiday as impulse buy $20/$15 titles along with Last of us, God of war 3, tearaway, bloodborne.

God of War 3 remastered - back up to $12.50 base. This was low for a while after the sales but it's going back up.

Bloodborne - $12.50 base - see above

Dead Rising HD PS4 - $12.50 - This gets $20 credit and is $20 new. I wonder if capcom undershipped this. You could make some reward zone/gamestop rewards points and $4 just by flipping this one with GCU.

Some more recent Nintendo titles that have held value

Kirby Planet Robobot - $20

Majora's Mask - $20

Fire Emblem Fates Birthright/Conquest - $20

Bravely Second End Layer - $20

Super Mario Maker - $20

These all wind up being $32 after bonus. Except super mario maker if you bought these with Prime or GCU discount you're getting most of your money back if you've played them. I'm thinking about taking super mario maker since it's all but guaranteed there will be an enhanced NX version of the game and I don't play it much now.

Star Fox Zero - $17 base - I would sell sell sell sell if you have this one. There's tons of stock in most best buy stores and I wouldn't be surprised to see it be a black friday item.
Bloodbourne is $8 base now.

Yeah Resident Evil 5 and 6 are dead. Even with the price at gamestop in the last sale.

Doom - $15 base (I think this will be a $15 black friday game, anyone else?)

Gravity Rush Remastered - $17 base - Gamestop feels like it's speculating on this one. They have the used price at $35, amazon is the exclusive seller and still has copies at $30 new. They're paying like $27.20 for it thinking it will go out of stock on amazon and they can up the price on it later.

Witcher 3 base version - $13 ($20 after bonuses, I think i'll trade it for now and hope the complete version is $20 in the next year)

Ratchet and Clank PS4 - $15 base

Might be a good time to flip it, Sony has shown that they like to drop their first party games to $10 digital and $15/20 retail, even for games that used to be higher priced like Last of Us remastered. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ratchet and uncharted collection show up this holiday as impulse buy $20/$15 titles along with Last of us, God of war 3, tearaway, bloodborne.

God of War 3 remastered - back up to $12.50 base. This was low for a while after the sales but it's going back up.

Bloodborne - $12.50 base - see above

Dead Rising HD PS4 - $12.50 - This gets $20 credit and is $20 new. I wonder if capcom undershipped this. You could make some reward zone/gamestop rewards points and $4 just by flipping this one with GCU.

Some more recent Nintendo titles that have held value

Kirby Planet Robobot - $20

Majora's Mask - $20

Fire Emblem Fates Birthright/Conquest - $20

Bravely Second End Layer - $20

Super Mario Maker - $20

These all wind up being $32 after bonus. Except super mario maker if you bought these with Prime or GCU discount you're getting most of your money back if you've played them. I'm thinking about taking super mario maker since it's all but guaranteed there will be an enhanced NX version of the game and I don't play it much now.

Star Fox Zero - $17 base - I would sell sell sell sell if you have this one. There's tons of stock in most best buy stores and I wouldn't be surprised to see it be a black friday item.
Yep a lot of those have been lowered on the GS website. Doom base is 12, GOWIII is 8, bloodborne is 8...

Well crap, it is showing $12.50 for me as well. I am now wondering if all my values are incorrect (I refreshed them at about 6:30am on the west coast.)
Yeah, saved in the app early this morning, it shows $12.50, but manually searching the website shows $8.

Ugh trading in has become increasingly difficult as I grow older lol. I want to sell these games but I gave some weird attachment to them.

Ugh trading in has become increasingly difficult as I grow older lol. I want to sell these games but I gave some weird attachment to them.
I used to be like that but anything that i haven't played in the last 3 months and is getting near its retail value is out the door.

Is it wrong I've switched to mostly digital so I don't sell games before I beat them? It forces me to finish them someday.

Is it wrong I've switched to mostly digital so I don't sell games before I beat them? It forces me to finish them someday.
The joke's on you, you're never finishing those games. Should have bought physical so you could get something back for them.

Also it looks like Mordor GOTY is still about a $6-7 flip. Nothing great but it didn't drop.

Last edited:
The joke's on you, you're never finishing those games. Should have bought physical so you could get something back for them.

Also it looks like Mordor GOTY is still about a $6-7 flip. Nothing great but it didn't drop.
I find that I actually do finish way more games when I have them digital than physical. Hate changing out discs...

NBA 2k17 XB1 did not tank. Just received - $48 for it. (30.00)

Metro Redux did tank on the PS4               - $6.40 (4.00)

Madden NFL 17 XB1 tanked                       - $40.00 (25.00)

Tony Hawk 5 XB1 tanked                           - $12.80 (8.00)

Tony Hawk PS4 tanked                              - $12.80 (8.00)

Evil Within did not tank PS4                        - $8.00 (5.00)

XB1 AC Adaptor $32.00 (20.00) base

I find that I actually do finish way more games when I have them digital than physical. Hate changing out discs...
I'm not entirely against digital, I like it for multiplayer games like overwatch or destiny, but for single player I don't see any point in not being able to sell it back. And I just keep the disc in there while i'm playing it. I try not to switch around between games too much in single player.

Th

Metro Redux did tank on the PS4 - $6.40 (4.00)

Madden NFL 17 XB1 tanked - $40.00 (25.00)

Tony Hawk 5 XB1 tanked - $12.80 (8.00)

Tony Hawk PS4 tanked - $12.80 (8.00)

Evil Within did not tank PS4 - $8.00 (5.00)

Thanks for the early report!

So accessories work with the 50% bonus? I believe someone mentioned here it didn't.

I got exactly what I expected to get based on my spreadsheet from yesterday. None of my games dropped.

Additionally, the bonus applied to Disney Infinity figures, so I would assume all accessories are fine.

Kept value:
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
FIFA 17
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Star Wars Disney Infinity figures I may have purchased yesterday and picked up in store today.

Yep I told you guys to not get all excited about the stealth bump yesterday because it would probably get nuked, seems like gamestop may finally be catching on to us.

Tryin to move back credit to bestbuy after trading at gs. I read something about not being able to cancel a per order for the 50% bonus?

Hold on guys!

This report actually confirms app TIV are still working. If you have been paying attention, the items he listed as "tanked" never had a bumped bonus to begin with. But he reported getting $30 base for NBA 2k17 which shows as $30 on the app but $25 on the website.

Kojubat's report also confirms values held.

Unless they can change TIV mid day then it is still game on for those of us in the know. Go, go go!

Blackbeard, do you ever save an archive of recent spreadsheet?

Conspiracy theory: Maybe they nuked values on the website to sabotage blackbeard's spreadsheet.

This is why I asked how long the values would hold yesterday. If I knew they were going to lower overnight I would have gone to GS yesterday afternoon instead of waiting today.

Hold on guys!

This report actually confirms app TIV are still working. If you have been paying attention, the items he listed as "tanked" never had a bumped bonus to begin with. But he reported getting $30 base for NBA 2k17 which shows as $30 on the app but $25 on the website.

Unless they can change TIV mid day then it is still game on for those of us in the know. Go, go go!

Conspiracy theory: Maybe they nuked values on the website to sabotage blackbeard's spreadsheet.
Yes correct. When I said tanked I meant tanked based on the last time these values meant anything. Tony Hawk and Metro was more just a few days ago. Obviously the XBox One AC adapter took a nose dive a week ago.

The only things that held from the stealth bump from what I can tell are NHL and NBA, everything else that was bumped tanked.  I know because I was gonna trade in Borderlands @ 15 base today and it tanked.

The only things that held from the stealth bump from what I can tell are NHL and NBA, everything else that was bumped tanked. I know because I was gonna trade in Borderlands @ 15 base today and it tanked.
Did you actually have them scan the game at the store or are you going off of the website or blackbeards spreadsheet?

Well I was checking some values on the app vs the website and those are different too because my app is pulling up 15 base credit for borderlands but websote shows 8....sooooo

Non-plot twist: Glad you caught up the rest of us.
I'm flattered you guys think I have that much pull with the company or that I care enough to report anything.

By all means flip till your hearts desire. Not like I haven't partaken in massive flips before. Sadly can't do it anymore for risk of losing my job.

Hold on guys!

Blackbeard said that values updated close to opening. If stores updated their system before the values were updated, then yesterday's values should hold. The problem is this is going to be YMMV by store.

So the app is still showing yesterdays values and the website is showing new lower values. Someone confirmed already that they were getting app/yesterdays values in store. So I have to assume the website is wrong and yesterday's values are still holding.

Blackbeard said that values updated close to opening. If stores updated their system before the values were updated, then yesterday's values should hold. The problem is this is going to be YMMV by store.
My query automatically went off at 5am PST (8am EST) and ended 45 minutes later. It was a mixed bag of yesterdays values and the new ones today on the webpage so it would seem they updated the website between 5am (8am) and 5:45am (8:45am).

Normally they change between 2am and 3am (5am and 6am EST)

I'm flattered you guys think I have that much pull with the company or that I care enough to report anything.

By all means flip till your hearts desire. Not like I haven't partaken in massive flips before. Sadly can't do it anymore for risk of losing my job.
Man, take a joke >_>

Probably was asked and answered before but can I trade towards the CoD, put down the minimum and use the other credit towards another game purchase?
ymmv, the promo will give you the bonus with $5 down, but sometimes you run into an employee that insists the whole amount goes towards the preorder.

I can use my trade in credit along with a gamestop $25 certificate to buy a game, correct? I was just wondering if there's any restrictions.

Just got somebody they made me put the whole 79.99 to pay off game. Some BS about not wanting to be audited. Probably will just cancel the order Friday when I pay off my GOW console.

Yeah his avatar is unusual. But check out the vita thrad or lrg thread some more unusual avatars. You can stack coupons to your hearts content. Its based on if the employee lets you. The coupons also have to be different denominations. For example with the recent xbox one coupon i was abke to buy the xbox one, and then stack the $50 off, along with a $25, $15, and $10. However you cant do 2 $25 or 2 $15 or 2 $10 in same transaction. It would have to be separate.

Yeah his avatar is unusual. But check out the vita thrad or lrg thread some more unusual avatars. You can stack coupons to your hearts content. Its based on if the employee lets you. The coupons also have to be different denominations. For example with the recent xbox one coupon i was abke to buy the xbox one, and then stack the $50 off, along with a $25, $15, and $10. However you cant do 2 $25 or 2 $15 or 2 $10 in same transaction. It would have to be separate.
Is there a good reason why they can't stack multiple of the same denomination?

Looks like most everything held up. Ended up paying off CoD, got $40 of Steam credit, a new copy of Dead Rising on PS4, and Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Trails of Cold Steel, and Bravely Second for $13 out of pocket. Haven't done a GS run in awhile, so the planning and execution was enjoyable. Thanks for keeping the thread up to date everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back