GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, you can go back later and add more to the same pre-order and take advantage of the bonus.
so even after I pre ordered COD, I can go back to Gamestop and trade more games and get the 50% bonus again just by showing my pre-ordered receipt?

Rinse and repeat is ok, once a pre-ordered has been done???

so even after I pre ordered COD, I can go back to Gamestop and trade more games and get the 50% bonus again just by showing my pre-ordered receipt?
As long as you didn't pay off the preorder completely. Just put 5 or 10 every time you go. You can use the boost as long as you can put money towards the pre order

Don't need to show receipt, but you need to actively be putting money down. Just put $5 down initially. Next time you come in say you'd like to put down another $5 and you'll get the bonus again.

Was just told to be careful. Upper management knows about the system workarounds and will be actively seeking to ban abusers going forward. This was info passed down through email.

So my adventure has come to an end for some time

Was just told to be careful. Upper management knows about the system workarounds and will be actively seeking to ban abusers going forward. This was info passed down through email.

So my adventure has come to an end for some time
I dont believe that, but you do have a Jr. detective on your case.

I'd rather not say, on the off chance that it lasts until the end of the day and someone here snipes it from me lol. If it gets sold I'll let you know which one it is though, maybe you can offer me a possible explanation
Well, thanks for being ever so helpful on keeping the tightest secret at GameStop. :roll:

I don't see a problem with someone not sharing which hard-to-find game they are after, on the off chance that someone else sees it and buys it before he can.

Also, who cares which game it is?

I dont believe that, but you do have a Jr. detective on your case.
I would think that a junior detective would not try to give a cag member a heads up like what Confidance just got. I'm curious what "work arounds" they are talking about. If it's a corporate wide thing, some employees should be hearing the same type of gossip. Or at least maybe just managers ::shrug::

I would think that a junior detective would not try to give a cag member a heads up like what Confidance just got. I'm curious what "work arounds" they are talking about. If it's a corporate wide thing, some employees should be hearing the same type of gossip. Or at least maybe just managers ::shrug::
I think it's more of a hollow threat than a heads up.

If you look at the GS Reddit, there are a lot of employees and managers on there reporting they're putting in notes and comments under customer's accounts that cancel pre-orders, etc.

I dont cancel the preorder. I just leave it there. When im doing trade ins that net me an extra $150 in credit im not going to draw attention to my account over $5.00. Ill usually leave it there until the employee asks me if i want to move it over or cancel it.

If you look at the GS Reddit, there are a lot of employees and managers on there reporting they're putting in notes and comments under customer's accounts that cancel pre-orders, etc.
The way to avoid this is to keep the preorder until after the release date. Then roll it over to something else (another preorder, or whatever game you're about to flip).

Buy low sell high. Especially if you're using your account. Multiple stores won't excuse you from high trading habits, even if it is stagnant between days traded. That was my thing. I'd purchase from multiple sources outside and including Gamestop. Take it by any store, and make the most of my credit. That is heavily frowned upon now.

Im surprised Gamestop hasnt put a stop in place for the trade in/pre order loophole.  Ill be happy with putting $5 down and the rest on another game.  Ill probably forget the $5 pre order later anyway.

Buy low sell high. Especially if you're using your account. Multiple stores won't excuse you from high trading habits, even if it is stagnant between days traded. That was my thing. I'd purchase from multiple sources outside and including Gamestop. Take it by any store, and make the most of my credit. That is heavily frowned upon now.
They have a policy set to deal with this already. No more than 4 copies per platform every 30 days, along with a total trade credit cap every 30 days. If they do anything, I just expect them to revise this instead of hunting down individuals and banning them.

The way to avoid this is to keep the preorder until after the release date. Then roll it over to something else (another preorder, or whatever game you're about to flip).
You're probably still going to get a junior detective at some point with that since it's still technically cancelling a preorder.

Found out a few weeks ago on the preorders that once you put down the $5, next time you can put down a penny towards it instead of $5 again and still get the bonus. I always put another $1 but the system will allow a penny.

You're probably still going to get a junior detective at some point with that since it's still technically cancelling a preorder.
My understanding is that they don't get dinged if you do this after the release date. Most employees, even the Jr. Detectives, shouldn't care since it shouldn't affect their daily numbers they try to hit.

They have a policy set to deal with this already. No more than 4 copies per platform every 30 days, along with a total trade credit cap every 30 days. If they do anything, I just expect them to revise this instead of hunting down individuals and banning them.
The worst I've ever done was 3 in a rolling, and that was on an accessory. However, I've traded every thing under the sun in the past 30 days, but still not exceeding $1000 in credit. 0 cash. Have it all sitting on pre-orders. Only cancel in November during blackout.

Alls I'm saying is that somehow, the hot lights are on and that usually happen during the holiday season but not in October. Too early for that

I've always taken advantage of the preorder trade credit bumps and have yet to ever pick up the preorder game. I just leave it there and whenever I go to buy something, I'll just cancel it and apply the credit over to the time I buy. It's like a bank except without the risk of them opening up other accounts using your ssn and charging you fees for the fake accounts.

My understanding is that they don't get dinged if you do this after the release date. Most employees, even the Jr. Detectives, shouldn't care since it shouldn't affect their daily numbers they try to hit.
Just curious, wouldn't employees then be tempted to pre-order themselves then cancel it after release date to hit their quotas?

Watching this thread for the past few years is such an incredible insight into such a broken system.  Computers have been around for so many decades and can prevent 99% of the things that Gamestop managers and employees seem to be told to look for and try and prevent on a case by case basis (or simply of their own volition).  Why doesn't a company like Gamestop just build or rework their system to prevent the things they want to prevent?  Period.  End of story.  They don't pay their floor people to run profit and loss statements to determine what trade-in amounts and promos are profitable and reasonable.  Nabisco doesn't let employees adjust the Oreo batter and taste test it every day do they?  They have a system in place and just put the humans there to run the system.

Watching this thread for the past few years is such an incredible insight into such a broken system. Computers have been around for so many decades and can prevent 99% of the things that Gamestop managers and employees seem to be told to look for and try and prevent on a case by case basis (or simply of their own volition). Why doesn't a company like Gamestop just build or rework their system to prevent the things they want to prevent? Period. End of story. They don't pay their floor people to run profit and loss statements to determine what trade-in amounts and promos are profitable and reasonable. Nabisco doesn't let employees adjust the Oreo batter and taste test it every day do they? They have a system in place and just put the humans there to run the system.
From personal experience in corporate America, IT depts/IT contractors are looked at as overhead for some reason and usually the company tries everything in their power from investing more money in their budgets. They are already paying the people on the front lines so they tend to lean towards the cheapest solution.

You sleeping with her? If not, it's nonsense.
I almost edited my comment to say that I have a reason to believe her without it being sexually or anything other than professionally related, because I knew this would be the first thing said in response.

Why would it be nonsense because I don't sleep with her? There's more reasons than that and I have those.

From personal experience in corporate America, IT depts/IT contractors are looked at as overhead for some reason and usually the company tries everything in their power from investing more money in their budgets. They are already paying the people on the front lines so they tend to lean towards the cheapest solution.
Cost center vs profit center mentality. Sucks.

I almost edited my comment to say that I have a reason to believe her without it being sexually or anything other than professionally related, because I knew this would be the first thing said in response.

Why would it be nonsense because I don't sleep with her? There's more reasons than that and I have those.
Honestly because you can get taken advantage of with no benefit to you.

Completely agree.

Not really GS related, but i noticed that now you don't earn ebay bucks on gift cards purchases on ebay.

Also noticed the Ebates no longer gives cash back on gift cards from ebay as well.

Going to miss that.

sorry for delivering late. Only did a trade in. no purchase or preorder. I did see a sign that said 50% trade in for buying a used game but idk if that is valid today or for a future date
bAwNoym.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back