GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
well apparently ive been out the loop cause i just tried to buy a steam card and shell card with store credit and was denied the shell card. I knew about the amazon cards. that sucks, guess im done with gamestop now for the most part.
I notice stores are carrying Uber gift cards now.

If anyone placed that order at target.com for the $20 forza on friday and didnt get it. I called today seeing what happened why I didnt get it yet. Got a $10 giftcard and if I reorder it they said I could get a price break if I order with an agent.

If anyone placed that order at target.com for the $20 forza on friday and didnt get it. I called today seeing what happened why I didnt get it yet. Got a $10 giftcard and if I reorder it they said I could get a price break if I order with an agent.
I'd bet that break is $50, after your $10 GC. :dunce:

Last time I contacted CS to see why it was delayed my orders were cancelled and they acted like it was the wrong price. I wonder if you'll get 2 gift cards for 2 orders being cancelled.

I just received this email from Gamestop. Can't be valid only in Cali right?

*60%/50% Extra Credit: Valid only in California. Offer valid from 10/3/16 – 10/6/16 for game and accessory trades only. 60% PowerUp Rewards Pro member offer includes normal 10% Pro bonus trade-in credit. Must be a current PowerUp Rewards Basic (for 50% offer) or Pro (for 60% offer) member at time of trade to qualify. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

I just received this email from Gamestop. Can't be valid only in Cali right?

*60%/50% Extra Credit: Valid only in California. Offer valid from 10/3/16 – 10/6/16 for game and accessory trades only. 60% PowerUp Rewards Pro member offer includes normal 10% Pro bonus trade-in credit. Must be a current PowerUp Rewards Basic (for 50% offer) or Pro (for 60% offer) member at time of trade to qualify. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
Yes there is another no preorder 50% TIV bonus aside from the IW 50% bonus in California only. We get a 50% bonus because for some reason the cash=credit promo going on everywhere else is not valid in California.

Does anyone know if the Gears 4 Xbox One bundle (the red ultimate one) comes with a digital or physical copy of the game Ultimate version of the game?  Gamestop's website is not clear on the description, but I know they usually insist that their bundles are all physical copies of games.

Does anyone know if the Gears 4 Xbox One bundle (the red ultimate one) comes with a digital or physical copy of the game Ultimate version of the game? Gamestop's website is not clear on the description, but I know they usually insist that their bundles are all physical copies of games.
It comes with a physical copy of the game. in the bundle.

It comes with a physical copy of the game. in the bundle.
I'm not so sure. Here's where i'm at. The website is completely unclear, but I thought to check the app, which specifically states it is a download code. I don't trust this info, since the white 1TB bundle says it comes with a physical copy for both Xbox One and PC which is not even possible, so Gamestop's listings are complete garbage.

I decided to call some stores to see if the associates would be knowledgeable on the subject. One stated she was pretty sure it was a download, but I could look at the picture on the website and try to tell (since this was her normal method, apparently). A few stores didn't answer their phones. Another one stated he was pretty sure it was a download code, but his "sell sheet" had no info. He also hadn't heard there were any other Gears bundles coming out, so his credibility is questionable.

Oh Gamestop! Never change!

If anyone has a definitive answer on this or more info, i'd appreciate it. I'd like to have the game digitally and am on the fence for getting the console to use up a bunch of credit, but if it's physical, i'll probably just get a copy of the game by itself.

Gamestop employee question:

Can an employee add the protection fee on all games by accident?   Or does it take more than a single keystroke?   And is there some kind of incentive to make people force it on the customers?

Does anyone know if the Gears 4 Xbox One bundle (the red ultimate one) comes with a digital or physical copy of the game Ultimate version of the game? Gamestop's website is not clear on the description, but I know they usually insist that their bundles are all physical copies of games.
If you get it from Gamestop it is a physical copy. If you get it from anywhere else it is a digital download.

I'm not so sure. Here's where i'm at. The website is completely unclear, but I thought to check the app, which specifically states it is a download code. I don't trust this info, since the white 1TB bundle says it comes with a physical copy for both Xbox One and PC which is not even possible, so Gamestop's listings are complete garbage.

I decided to call some stores to see if the associates would be knowledgeable on the subject. One stated she was pretty sure it was a download, but I could look at the picture on the website and try to tell (since this was her normal method, apparently). A few stores didn't answer their phones. Another one stated he was pretty sure it was a download code, but his "sell sheet" had no info. He also hadn't heard there were any other Gears bundles coming out, so his credibility is questionable.

Oh Gamestop! Never change!

If anyone has a definitive answer on this or more info, i'd appreciate it. I'd like to have the game digitally and am on the fence for getting the console to use up a bunch of credit, but if it's physical, i'll probably just get a copy of the game by itself.
I just spoke with someone on the phone for a bit and everything still points to it being entirely digital with the system. I think we will just have to call and check with stores again on Thursday.

I am actually on the other side of the fence and I am still crossing my fingers that it will end up being the same as what buyers of the physical deluxe version are getting (standard game on disc, with all other content digital).

Whether or not there is a physical game in the bundle makes a big difference as well since it should affect whether you have to wait until 9PM PST/10PM MST/11PM CST/Midnight EST to pick up the bundle. Since I am in CST, It would suck if I cant get bundle until 11PM and then still have to download a huge game before I can play

I just spoke with someone on the phone for a bit and everything still points to it being entirely digital with the system. I think we will just have to call and check with stores again on Thursday.

I am actually on the other side of the fence and I am still crossing my fingers that it will end up being the same as what buyers of the physical deluxe version are getting (standard game on disc, with all other content digital).

Whether or not there is a physical game in the bundle makes a big difference as well since it should affect whether you have to wait until 9PM PST/10PM MST/11PM CST/Midnight EST to pick up the bundle. Since I am in CST, It would suck if I cant get bundle until 11PM and then still have to download a huge game before I can play
I'm interested in buying this bundle if I could sell the code to someone on here as I only play single player and have no need for the multiplayer updates and codes. I'm pretty sure as well this will be a code inside this bundle. I have the physical version pre-ordered at Best Buy which is another reason I won't need this version as well and I don't mind waiting until the 11th to play. If anyone is interested I'd be looking for $75 in Paypal for the code. Send me a PM. Thanks.

$75 for a GOW4 digital code?
Ultimate edition code I should have specified which is the game and all the extras that will be selling for $100 in the stores. According to the bundle that comes with the console - Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition for Xbox One and Windows 10 (card with code included in box), with early access, exclusive in-game items, a Season Pass,

Even though Gamestop has switched to all physical discs for console bundles this time it appears it will be a digital code. The console releases a day early so people can pre load the game. Last I checked the website description does mention it will be a digital code.

Love it every GameStop I've been to have told me I need to put the full amount of the trade in towards the pre order. Amazing training!

Love it every GameStop I've been to have told me I need to put the full amount of the trade in towards the pre order. Amazing training!
Steps that have always worked for me:

1.) "I have a bunch of stuff to trade in."

2.) Keep a blank face when they scan stuff

3.) When they are about to complete the trade, I say, "Oh I want to put 5 on X."

4.) ???

5.) Profit

I'm confused now. It makes no sense that one guy says one thing and another says something else.

Even though Gamestop has switched to all physical discs for console bundles this time it appears it will be a digital code. The console releases a day early so people can pre load the game. Last I checked the website description does mention it will be a digital code.
Looks that you're right and I was wrong. They're only including a physical copy for the cheaper bundles, not the red one.

Compare:

http://news.xbox.com/2016/09/30/xbox-one-s-gears-of-war-4-bundle-options/?ocid=Bundles_soc_photo_learnmore_tw_null_xboxmark_Organic_9.30.1

With:

http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/14/introducing-gears-war-4-limited-edition-2tb-bundle-first-custom-xbox-one-s/

Steps that have always worked for me:
1.) "I have a bunch of stuff to trade in."
2.) Keep a blank face when they scan stuff
3.) When they are about to complete the trade, I say, "Oh I want to put 5 on X"
4.) ???
5.) Profit
Did just that. I'll try some stores on the other side of town. Sucks Forza 6 tanked today too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back