GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Manager at my local GS asked me today about flipping games. Wanted to know about this site and tips on flipping.
LaJ9Kmo.gif

Side of the box showed a physical disc that I saw today
You got in the console itself, if so that's all the confirmation we need? Might be a deal breaker for me if that's the case. I've always been a physical copy guy until I started utilizing game sharing on X1. That and the play anywhere feature has swayed me towards digital.

another same cash as credit deal :eek: damn i want to go home and trade my mario maker for 40 bucks

Love it every GameStop I've been to have told me I need to put the full amount of the trade in towards the pre order. Amazing training!
Yeah, my local store tried that crap with me too. He really wasn't sure and only put $5 down just to see if it could. Of course it allowed the 50% with only a $5 deposit.

Does anyone have like a  dummy's guide to boomerangs and flips. I have been lurking a while trying to figure this out, and I feel like it's the Dark Souls of shopping.

I know its not really about flipping games or anything but just thought I would give you guys a heads up about FF15.  Best buy currently has 20% off Kingsglave which if your can find the steelbook edition comes with the full Brotherhood anime, not sure about plain blu ray release, but I figured I would pass the info along to anyone who may have the Deluxe edition preordered,  I switched to just the regular edition and got the Kingsglave steelbook since all the deluxe edition is, is the Kingsglave game and some dlc costumes and shit so  if you want the anime and the movie I would get the steelbook and just get the regular edition of the game over getting FF15 Deluxe.

Are you guys pre ordering cod for xb1 or ps4? If you're doing it for ps4 they are telling you to put the full amount down because that's what we have been to do for ps4 to give mw code.

Does anyone have like a dummy's guide to boomerangs and flips. I have been lurking a while trying to figure this out, and I feel like it's the Dark Souls of shopping.
I wanted to say something really nasty but I couldn't do it, just couldn't.

This is from my personal experience: if you are really here for the community and not to just make a quick buck and walk away, then read-on.

The trick to flipping is, there is no trick. You read everything that's posted ask questions where you need to and follow along. All of us started like that so if you only ask when you want to make a little dough, no ones going to help you out. Hence the nasty answers, people/lurkers get sometimes.

When you are part of the community, you will never have to ask; if you have to ask, you are not being a part of the community.

Simple answer: start at the start and read along. All the info is in the posts, there is no secret manual that we all refer to. Hope this helps, good luck.

I know its not really about flipping games or anything but just thought I would give you guys a heads up about FF15. Best buy currently has 20% off Kingsglave which if your can find the steelbook edition comes with the full Brotherhood anime, not sure about plain blu ray release, but I figured I would pass the info along to anyone who may have the Deluxe edition preordered, I switched to just the regular edition and got the Kingsglave steelbook since all the deluxe edition is, is the Kingsglave game and some dlc costumes and shit so if you want the anime and the movie I would get the steelbook and just get the regular edition of the game over getting FF15 Deluxe.
Yeah but I want all the steel books! I'm dropping so much money on FFXV it's ridiculous...

This is from my personal experience: if you are really here for the community and not to just make a quick buck and walk away, then read-on.

The trick to flipping is, there is no trick. You read everything that's posted ask questions where you need to and follow along. All of us started like that so if you only ask when you want to make a little dough, no ones going to help you out. Hence the nasty answers, people/lurkers get sometimes.

When you are part of the community, you will never have to ask; if you have to ask, you are not being a part of the community.

Simple answer: start at the start and read along. All the info is in the posts, there is no secret manual that we all refer to. Hope this helps, good luck.
Thanks for the honest answer. Ive been a part of CAG for over 10 years. I'm a professional lurker. But I get that I sound like a GameStop manager asking questions.

I will do my best in just watching and learning, and of course, questions.

Got called a cheapassgamer AND a slickdealer at gamestop after looking at all the different platforms game shelves and cancelling the pre order right after the trade

I got a notification that you liked my post but when I go to my post but now the like is gone. Why?

Kurishia why dont you return my calls?? Why?  You never @ me back on Twitter Why? I come by your crib and knock on your door at all times day and night and you never answer Why????????????

Just dumped 13 games for a total of 336.xx after PUR and CoD bonus! Preordered the BF1 Xbox one bundle, upgraded to a Pro rewards and held the pre-order on CoD ($5 down). The employee there was super cool about it and even offered to cancel the pre-order if I wanted after. Super pleased with the outcome!

I ordered an item off the GS website and got a shipping confirmation email. But when I click on the tracking number it says the expected delivery date is today (it didn't arrive today) and that the item "Just Shipped." Under that it says "Tracking details will be available once the package arrives at the UPS facility. Please check back soon!" Has anyone else had an issue like this? If so, how long should I wait before calling CS?

Just dumped 13 games for a total of 336.xx after PUR and CoD bonus! Preordered the BF1 Xbox one bundle, upgraded to a Pro rewards and held the pre-order on CoD ($5 down). The employee there was super cool about it and even offered to cancel the pre-order if I wanted after. Super pleased with the outcome!
that employee is definitely one of us ;)

Wait, someone admitted they wrong on the Internet? Strange times we live in :p

Trying to decide if I want the cash or the extra 20%-50& toward one of the pre-orders
I always go credit unless it's same value to cash out. You start flipping at rates that beat out GCU, so you would still come out ahead if you end up being forced to buy a game at GameStop. I use my credit for hardware and GameStop exclusive games (I don't get charged tax).

I ordered an item off the GS website and got a shipping confirmation email. But when I click on the tracking number it says the expected delivery date is today (it didn't arrive today) and that the item "Just Shipped." Under that it says "Tracking details will be available once the package arrives at the UPS facility. Please check back soon!" Has anyone else had an issue like this? If so, how long should I wait before calling CS?
Give it a couple of days. I ordered a PoGo+ from GS and tried to immediately cancel via email. A couple hours later CS said it couldn't be canceled due to it already being shipped. GS.com didn't say it had shipped until 3-4 business days later. It was like what you describe for 2 more days, at which point it finally updated to show that UPS had it for a couple of days and it was being delivered the next day.

Morals of the story are that GS CS is worthless and so is their shipping tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back