GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
A business is formed to make money, not lose it. So yes, gaming a system to cause a business to lose money can be seen as a violation. But in this day and age, most businesses accept short term losses and take a long view. "Keep the customer coming back, we'll make out in the long run." And they will. Even if they lose $3 per unit on boomerangs, the inventory is being moved around without them having to do it, the inventory is being kept within their supply pool (as opposed to people buying locally and selling it online to the hinterlands), and just because you "got over" on them, there are far more people trading in games for $2 that they resell for $20 than vice versa.
These jr. detective types need to let it go. Corporate doesn't give a crap about them, hence the incredibly high rate of turnover on the sales floor. Do the job, earn the minimum wage check. Don't worry about playing the superhero. In the long run it won't matter to your career.

The small print specifically states promo applies to games only. How did you get the bonus for the controller?
Step one: Gather games and controller
Step two: Go to Gamestop
Step three: Trade in games and controller and preorder CoD legacy
Step four: ????
Step five: Profit!

The small print specifically states promo applies to games only. How did you get the bonus for the controller?
They either worded the promo wrong on the website and it is supposed to include accessories, or they programmed the POS wrong and are allowing accessories to receive the bump.

That feeling when I just realized that for all intents and purposes, nothing is stopping GameStop from reselling a trade in as new.

WDJY1ng.gif

Be careful, guys! This is supposed to be a thread for deals! I won't have any of this humor nonsense. Please keep this in mind. Consequences will never be the same.

Not sure if there's any yo kai fans, but my kids love it. On the 15th they are doing a showing by fandango at select theaters, if you buy anything you kai at gamestop you get a free ticket. I purchased the yo kai medals blind bag and got it with that.

Not sure if there's any yo kai fans, but my kids love it. On the 15th they are doing a showing by fandango at select theaters, if you buy anything you kai at gamestop you get a free ticket. I purchased the yo kai medals blind bag and got it with that.
Meh a complete ripoff of Pokemon and not really a good one at that but to each their own. The new games from what I have read are pretty garbage so I say bring on Pokemon Sun and Moon

It either surprisingly sucked or he stole one
Honestly everything I have seen from it, while it looks like very impressive tech, the games are all very simplistic and short. I really see no lasting appeal with any of the launch games, and with Sonys track record of supporting periphrials I think VR is gonna unfortunatly end up being nothing more then a cool and expensive gimmick that lasts maybe a year, but we will see, which I why I want to see how and if sony will actually support VR beyond the 6 month launch window before I decide if I pick one up or not.

If you can find copies at your Best Buy, TMNT Turtles in Manhattan for PS4 is on sale on Amazon for $13.63 to price match and can easily convert to GS Credit if needed, goes to $15 base which is $24 after the 10% PUR and 50% COD Bonus

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B298Q1W/ref=s9_simh_gw_d0_g63_i1?pf_rd_p=d81f8e94-eb55-484d-97e1-b5a24fe44447&pf_rd_s=grid-2&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=Y84MS38KQVY8KV000TQ7
Why price match? Deal for 50% COD ends Saturday

If you can find copies at your Best Buy, TMNT Turtles in Manhattan for PS4 is on sale on Amazon for $13.63 to price match and can easily convert to GS Credit if needed, goes to $15 base which is $24 after the 10% PUR and 50% COD Bonus

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B298Q1W/ref=s9_simh_gw_d0_g63_i1?pf_rd_p=d81f8e94-eb55-484d-97e1-b5a24fe44447&pf_rd_s=grid-2&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=Y84MS38KQVY8KV000TQ7
Thank you.

I think he meant to say why price match since you can get it from amazon and still have enough time time to trade it in before the promo ends.

So there is a promo for $25 guaranteed credit on select games when you trade towards Dark Souls III or Naruto. Can you trade in multiple games in the same transaction and get $25 for each or do you only get the boost on one game? I haven't crunched the numbers but I imagine some of them you can buy for under $25 used.

So there is a promo for $25 guaranteed credit on select games when you trade towards Dark Souls III or Naruto. Can you trade in multiple games in the same transaction and get $25 for each or do you only get the boost on one game? I haven't crunched the numbers but I imagine some of them you can buy for under $25 used.
Not sure about this particular promotion but there was a similar pokemon one a few months back that worked when trading multiple games.

1 or more traded toward a new copy.

I asked today how much would go towards my COD preorder if I traded in the Gears disc with the 60% bonus, they told me $32. I chuckled. It's going to Best Buy in the morning for $42 w/ GCU

Just Cause 3 and Street Fighter V are $13.99 at Redbox

Yes. I traded 2 Tony Hawk 5 and 2 Farming Simulator 15 from Target clearance. And bought Naruto and Dark Souls 3. Plan to return them within the next week. Turned $33 to $109 in credit.

Nope. 1 promo

title

POWERUP REWARDS MEMBERS
GET GUARANTEED $25 TRADE CREDIT

ON SELECT GAMES TOWARD THE PURCHASE OF
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4 & DARK SOULS 3.

fine print

Offer valid 10/10 - 10/16/16. Powerup Rewards members only. Valid toward the purchase of a new copy of Dark Souls III or Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 

Nope. 1 promo
title POWERUP REWARDS MEMBERS
GET GUARANTEED $25 TRADE CREDIT ON SELECT GAMES TOWARD THE PURCHASE OF
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 4 & DARK SOULS 3.

fine print
Offer valid 10/10 - 10/16/16. Powerup Rewards members only. Valid toward the purchase of a new copy of Dark Souls III or Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja
We are mixing up promos. You only have to buy one of those games to get the boosted value.

You can only use the $50 off coupon if you buy both The Division and Rainbow Six Siege.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back