GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the extended return policy active now?
I don't think so. I fear that Gamestop may have changed that policy. In years past, they mentioned the holiday return policy at the bottom of the receipt (where they mention the survey). I bought something this past Thursday and the receipt says nothing about an extended return policy. Only the normal return policy on the back of the receipt.

Yeah , recent change to return policy on back of receipt. Merchandise purchased on promotional discounts may be subject to additional return restrictions. See associate for complete details.
No mention of extended return period.

Yeah , recent change to return policy on back of receipt. Merchandise purchased on promotional discounts may be subject to additional return restrictions. See associate for complete details.
Before people start speculating about that language having anything to do with them trying to take away a trade bonus received (which is not a discount), it appears the language is likely there to cover them from people who try to buy a bundle and return portions of it.

Good examples would be when they bundle free stuff with systems, or when they were offering $50 discount when buying the 2 Tom Clancy games. Basically, they reserve the right to make their own rules if you buy something like that and want to return only part of the order.

Final note: I did not yet see any mention of holiday return period on my receipt from buying Naruto new yesterday (10/16/16) so I would guess nothing is active yet.

That has been there for months. As z24 said, referring to bundles and the ilk, not to trade in promotions.

Do you think that has something to do with tax percentage difference at the two locations?
The reason why this happens is becuase the employee does not calculate the total with tax when the computer prompts for the amount paid with trade credit, they just enter the price of the item without taking into account the tax, even though the tax was paid with the trade credit as well.

The reason why this happens is becuase the employee does not calculate the total with tax when the computer prompts for the amount paid with trade credit, they just enter the price of the item without taking into account the tax, even though the tax was paid with the trade credit as well.
Ah ok, that makes sense. Thank you.

1. Official MS wired controller is in lower supply & still decent demand b/c of PC. Every GS is loaded with used wireless 360 controllers.
2. You can trade just the cord, but you get more if you trade cord & battery.

Didn't know about 1. Sold a brand new Xbox 360 controller for $20

How long does it usually take to get a game ordered online using SAVER? There's a game I'm ordering online I want to trade in at Best Buy by Sunday.

How long does it usually take to get a game ordered online using SAVER? There's a game I'm ordering online I want to trade in at Best Buy by Sunday.
I think the default "speed" with saver is 4-5 business days, so if you place the order today there is an outside chance, theoretically, that you'd get it in time. Considering the fact that SAVER doesnt work half the times, it is highly unlikely though.

Did you order it yet? It's hit or miss in my experience. Sometimes it takes a week or more and sometimes as early as 2 days. I think it really depends on what location the store it is shipping from or if it's being shipped from their fuck up the disc factory in Texas.

Did you order it yet? It's hit or miss in my experience. Sometimes it takes a week or more and sometimes as early as 2 days. I think it really depends on what location the store it is shipping or if it's being shipped from their fuck up the disc factory in Texas.
No not yet. Was waiting to hear back first. Think I'm gonna pass.

No not yet. Was waiting to hear back first. Think I'm gonna pass.
Most online orders these days are sent from a store, not from their warehouse. It could be coming from a GS a state over from you, or from either coast. No way to know, it's whatever store that ends up fulfilling the order. Some stuff does end up coming from their warehouse, though the only way you know where it came from is if it came with a three-page UPS-generated packing list on a shipping-label printout (warehouse) or a small printed sheet that works as the packing list (store).

It's hit or miss and no idea where it's coming from.

Back when siege and samurai warrios were flippable to best buy. I ordered 2 each on Monday and received it by friday from gs using saver. But youre taking the risk thata values dont plummet at bb plus gs shipping it and you getting it by sunday. Honestly worse case scenario is you return it at gs, but that might be too much of a hassle on your end.

Back when siege and samurai warrios were flippable to best buy. I ordered 2 each on Monday and received it by friday from gs using saver. But youre taking the risk thata values dont plummet at bb plus gs shipping it and you getting it by sunday. Honestly worse case scenario is you return it at gs, but that might be too much of a hassle on your end.
Yea I'm thinking I might try to find a few more break even flips just to move some credit and give it a shot.

I've ordered about $700 worth of games to flip to best buy.... Cross my fingers that the prices don't drop  :pray:

Also I placed a "saver" order on saturday and received shipping confirmation on sunday and expected delivery on tuesday. So take that as you wish.

Edit: Just checked at some stuff, some orders I placed yesterday show arrival tomorrow, another one of the orders said it will get here next monday (wtf?) such is business and returns.

Edit Edit: two seperate orders from yesterday with the same games in it both arriving next monday(just those games from the order).

30 dollars in credit with a trade towards a realease within 30 days of release. Im going to be paying off my pokemon reserves like this. Do systems count towards this?

They have forums? I went there once to grab the amazon thing last prime day. Go check the trade offers it just popped.
You know all too well about the SD forums, mainly since it's one of the few places you're allowed since you're repeatedly banned from here, even though you keep coming back again and again.

Is there a reason why my EA Pro Gaming Pass coupon on Titanfall 2 just jumped from $10 off to $20 off today?
titanfall 2 preorders must really be bad, i cant see why they decide to release all these games one after the other. i mean, you have COD people that will buy no matter what, battlefield people that will buy no matter what, and hardcore people that will buy both no matter what. but 3 fps within 3 weeks, wallet fatigue is going to set in and somebody's going to lose and it looks like right now its titanfall 2.

it is weird though that there were no trade in bonus % towards preordering titanfall 2, that would have been enough to artificially inflate the numbers.

Cod is a dumpster fire this year. No idea why people are buying that over the godlike titanfall 2.

Man I wish the NBA 2k17 was at least 30 dollars trade in value so I could trade it in for 3 months of Wwe network card

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I would honestly take titanfall over cod! Titanfall really shot themselves in the foot by making the first one exclusive to Xbox, it really alienated a huge player base all to be put on 360?? Was it on 360? But yeah they really f'd up, once I did get around to trying it the game was dead. They did the same thing with tomb raider, just to be on 360. Though as a ps4 owner I'm excited that we did get tomb raider complete, still left a sour taste in my mouth

IW beta felt pretty rough around the edges and was pretty confusing about abilities but the main thing is passing day 1 and buying modern warfare separately- I already have campaign but that's mp was so good

IW beta felt pretty rough around the edges and was pretty confusing about abilities but the main thing is passing day 1 and buying modern warfare separately- I already have campaign but that's mp was so good
I feel the same way. I understand is a beta but the graphics look like if they are from previous generations.

thanks to the beta I will be canceling my pre-order at lamestop.

I have Battlefield preordered and I planned on getting either Titanfall or COD at launch and waiting on a price drop for the other. After playing both betas I preferred Titanfall. COD felt like Black Ops 3 with new maps, which is fine with me I liked BO3 but I dont need it day 1. 

Really with Gears 4 you have 4 of the top 5 shooting franchises coming out within 3 and a half weeks of each other. Microsoft should of just put out a new Halo to make things even more bunched up. 

I have Battlefield preordered and I planned on getting either Titanfall or COD at launch and waiting on a price drop for the other. After playing both betas I preferred Titanfall. COD felt like Black Ops 3 with new maps, which is fine with me I liked BO3 but I dont need it day 1.

Really with Gears 4 you have 4 of the top 5 shooting franchises coming out within 3 and a half weeks of each other. Microsoft should of just put out a new Halo to make things even more bunched up.
I'm almost glad FF15 and last guardian were delayed until end of November/early December.

I've barely even touched dragon quest builders and now I'm replaying red dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back