GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
The last comment on that page by him is priceless.
Especially where he slips up and names Cheapy.

And didn't at least some of us thank him for starting the Penny Guides thread while also saying he was a jerk for ruining them? I know I appreciate the work he started; he really should move on with his life, though.

If anybody is interested Maximum Carnage for SNES is in stock on GS website. Ordered it with 2 other Marvel SNES games. Hopefully its the red version. 

I thought that guy was funny at first, but now I think he has serious mental issues and he probably needs a lot of help.   If you look at his reddit's posting history, you'll find threads where people accuse him of being some guy who caused trouble at a gamestop adn he had a fight and cut a security guard or something (which is why he's banned forever, I guess)..... I don't know... but anyone who spends as much time doing what he does so earnestly can't be OK in the head.   

There's no motive behind saying that, btw... I don't really give a shit what happens to him.   He's already ruined everything he can so he deserves all the shit that comes at him, even if he is crazy.

I thought that guy was funny at first, but now I think he has serious mental issues and he probably needs a lot of help. If you look at his reddit's posting history, you'll find threads where people accuse him of being some guy who caused trouble at a gamestop adn he had a fight and cut a security guard or something (which is why he's banned forever, I guess)..... I don't know... but anyone who spends as much time doing what he does so earnestly can't be OK in the head.

There's no motive behind saying that, btw... I don't really give a shit what happens to him. He's already ruined everything he can so he deserves all the shit that comes at him, even if he is crazy.
my favorite post is the one he has in plentyoffish...

I thought that guy was funny at first, but now I think he has serious mental issues and he probably needs a lot of help. If you look at his reddit's posting history, you'll find threads where people accuse him of being some guy who caused trouble at a gamestop adn he had a fight and cut a security guard or something (which is why he's banned forever, I guess)..... I don't know... but anyone who spends as much time doing what he does so earnestly can't be OK in the head.

There's no motive behind saying that, btw... I don't really give a shit what happens to him. He's already ruined everything he can so he deserves all the shit that comes at him, even if he is crazy.
IATCG? He himself posted the letter from Gamestop saying why he has a company ban, that he assaulted an employee.

But Sonic doesn't have blue arms.
  • 13 October - The contracts Chris wrote and took to GameStop and Best Buy, in which he demands to be unbanned from their stores, are leaked to Kiwi Farms.
  • 7 October - A video is uploaded to Youtube, in which Chris is briefly interviewed at Cville Pride about the number of genders that exist. Chris states that there are 58 genders.
  • 4 October - Chris requests a subliminal hypnosis track in order to gain powers of telekinesis.
  • 2-3 October - Chris whines on Facebook about the fact that he is still banned from Walmart, Best Buy and GameStop, and accuses them of discriminating against LGBTQ and autism because they had, respectively, banned him for vandalism, attempted shoplifting andassault.
  • 27 September - Chris uploads a set of videos (two paid requests and hispolitical commentary), which consist of him sitting alone in his room and playing with his toys like a child. He also uses the term "we" to refer to himself and a doll he made in effigy of himself.
This guy is a total nutjob. If you really want to help ITACG or whatever it please do not listen to his posts and just ignore everything he says. The guy assaulted someone and might go over the edge.

Especially where he slips up and names Cheapy.

And didn't at least some of us thank him for starting the Penny Guides thread while also saying he was a jerk for ruining them? I know I appreciate the work he started; he really should move on with his life, though.
I thanked him until he went full-on stupid, then avoided him like the plague he had become.

thank you old pal. old school gamer here also and just felt tired of gaming lately (indefinitely and likely infinitely) . prolly cash out the rest of my GS gcs and BBY gcs(and gaming collections) for the kids and hang it up. 

I never had a problem with IATCG but I must've missed whatever big situation happened.  I never did the penny guides but he seemed okay. Personally it seems like the attacks on him (despite him trying to get to us) are a bit extreme if he truly has mental stuff going on.

That is just one sad dude. I think he should be posting in Foreveralone over the Gamestop reddit. He posts in the Plentyoffish reddit, seems he's not having any luck on that front either. A guy that feels justified getting back at the world anyway he can.

So could I buy a new copy of FIFA 17, get the pro pass coupon they give you, and return FIFA competent wrapped up and use the coupon to get $20 off titanfall?

So could I buy a new copy of FIFA 17, get the pro pass coupon they give you, and return FIFA competent wrapped up and use the coupon to get $20 off titanfall?
I thought to get the coupon you had to be a Pro member and purchase a new copy of Madden 17 within 30 days of release.

Nevermind info here.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/Pro-Gaming-Pass/

Tempting to me now since I have a lot of GS credit and no BB. Get FIFA 17, Get $10 off Battlefield 1, Get $20 off Titanfall 2, return FIFA early Nov.

I thought to get the coupon you had to be a Pro member and purchase a new copy of Madden 17 within 30 days of release.
Nevermind info here.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/Pro-Gaming-Pass/

Tempting to me now since I have a lot of GS credit and no BB.
When people were doing it for madden did it work like that? I'm hoping to buy a copy of FIFA brand new and then an hour later return unopened to another store but I want to make sure the coupon will still work

When people were doing it for madden did it work like that? I'm hoping to buy a copy of FIFA brand new and then an hour later return unopened to another store but I want to make sure the coupon will still work
Wouldn't it be better to make sure you get the coupon first, then use it to get Titan fall 2, then do the return?

I don't know about Madden but it sounds like it should work if you return FIFA after you pay for Titanfall 2.

It's Wednesday and you know what that means! Gamestop price increases! Looks like they are jacking up the price of all last gen $0.99 to $3.99 games to $4.99. Last week it was a lot of Wii and PS3, this week it is alot of Xbox 360. Most notable is :360: The Orange Box went from $16.99 yesterday to $29.99 today :shock: Below is a complete list of price changes and TIV changes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1081391423
I got excited for those BB boomerangs but then I remembered about tax. I'm thinking of moving some GS credit to BB though so maybe I should take advantage with the not so common titles like carmaggedon. Good way to use up my GS points.

It's Wednesday and you know what that means! Gamestop price increases! Looks like they are jacking up the price of all last gen $0.99 to $3.99 games to $4.99. Last week it was a lot of Wii and PS3, this week it is alot of Xbox 360. Most notable is :360: The Orange Box went from $16.99 yesterday to $29.99 today :shock: Below is a complete list of price changes and TIV changes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1081391423
Just checked and there are no more $1.99, $2.99, and $3.99 :ps3: :360: :wii: games anymore. Just DS, 3DS, and a few others here and there.

I haven't seen the holiday return verbage yet on a receipt as of Sunday 10/16/16. So obviously they have shortened the period this year. Anyone wondering about last years holiday return period was, I have a receipt from last year that states:

"Any product purchased between 10/4/15 and 12/24/15 may be returned with receipt by 1/16/16. Product must be in resale condition. Package for new product must be unopened. (Not available for DLC/POSA purchases.)"

Just checked and there are no more $1.99, $2.99, and $3.99 :ps3: :360: :wii: games anymore. Just DS, 3DS, and a few others here and there.
Well that's a shame---I've bought a lot more from GS this past year or two than I usually do due to them dumping last gen for cheap. My collections for all three systems are in the hundreds now. $3-5 is usually my limit on a game I don't really want to play right away though. Wonder if they finally figured out it's a poor strategy to dump old games when they're not in demand just to clear out space for trinkets or if this is just a holiday thing for them. If I were them I would have started warehousing minty cib copies of niche titles a long time ago instead of dumping them for pennies.

prolly a holiday stunt to raise profit of super cheap games that ppl will buy in a last ditch effort on last gen. PS4 and X1 have been out for 3 years now? Sounds like a last shot for previous gen.

prolly a holiday stunt to raise profit of super cheap games that ppl will buy in a last ditch effort on last gen. PS4 and X1 have been out for 3 years now? Sounds like a last shot for previous gen.
^ This and they have two B2G1 on all pre-owned merch sales usually during the holidays. (Black Friday Weekend and Week after Christmas)

Song of the Deep CE is discounted on Gamestop, $19.99 for PS4/X1 and $14.99 for PC.

PS4 not available for shipping, but maybe you can find it in store, there is one around me that has it.

X1 and PC available for shipping

Well the new coupons for PUR is out. $20 off Far Cry Primal new making it $30 and $25 off The Divison making it $25. If anyone needs a coupon I am giving away mine just pm me.

Well the new coupons for PUR is out. $20 off Far Cry Primal new making it $30 and $25 off The Divison making it $25. If anyone needs a coupon I am giving away mine just pm me.
Both are $23.99 with GCU @ BB currently and I think the division was $14.99 @ gamefly. For anyone thinking of using the coupons but also have GCU.

So for the second time this month they're giving away the division for half off

Did anybody get their $20 off coupon of New Xbox Games for buying Gears? Gamestop should have sent it yesterday (10/18) and haven't received mine.

Did anybody get their $20 off coupon of New Xbox Games for buying Gears? Gamestop should have sent it yesterday (10/18) and haven't received mine.
When did you pre-order it and when did you pick it up? I got mine yesterday. I actually got an email on Monday telling me that I would get the coupon on Tuesday by 12:01am. I had even cut it close by picking it up on Saturday evening but I did pre-order it about a month before it came out.

When did you pre-order it and when did you pick it up? I got mine yesterday. I actually got an email on Monday telling me that I would get the coupon on Tuesday by 12:01am. I had even cut it close by picking it up on Saturday evening but I did pre-order it about a month before it came out.
Pre-Ordered at 10/01. I bought it on release Thursday night for the regular edition (10/10) and a PUR Pro.

Pre-Ordered at 10/01. I bought it on release Thursday night for the regular edition (10/10) and a PUR Pro.
You definitely should have gotten it yesterday as well. You should contact customer service to see what's going on although I learned today that they are not much help when it comes to issues. I contacted them to see what was going on with the points from two transactions that I had on 10/14 and 10/16 which was really odd since my points for picking up Gears of War on 10/15 had posted already. After about an hour on the phone they told me they would call me back shortly while they looked in to the matter and that was at about 1:45pm today. I have yet to receive a call back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back