GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Insider knowledge? The values are all publicly posted. It's their fault their prices are higher than market value.
How many items of similar style could be traded before the system flag you is not public knowledge though. Basically, we know how to do what we can and be relatively invisible throughout. That's what I mean. Gamestop hates that

How many items of similar style could be traded before the system flag you is not public knowledge though. Basically, we know how to do what we can and be relatively invisible throughout. That's what I mean. Gamestop hates that
I returned 3 ps4s in a matter of days. It's on a dummy account so I don't know if it has a problem. I can still log into that account tho

They have no reason to complain. They set their trade values to what they want to pay for games.

They set their promos for what they want or work deals with publishers.

It's their responsibility to ensure that their trade values they offer the public are profitable or accomplish their goals through values and rules/restrictions.

If you don't have Red Dead Redemption or the GOTY for the :ps3: I would get it soon. With the announcement of the sequel I wouldn't put it pass gamestop to jack up the prices of the :ps3: version to equal the :360: But just purely speculation.

We know because other people have reported getting a trade ban after trading in x number of items in a certain time span.

That's not insider knowledge. That's just knowledge.

We know because other people have reported getting a trade ban after trading in x number of items in a certain time span.

That's not insider knowledge. That's just knowledge.
I get what you're saying. Now ask any Gamestop manager "how many of x can I trade before I get banned" and see what happens. That is knowledge that only those who controls the system should know. As you said, we only know because word of mouth, which makes us recipients of inside information.

Reminds me of something out of watchman :p

I get what you're saying. Now ask any Gamestop manager "how many of x can I trade before I get banned" and see what happens. That is knowledge that only those who controls the system should know. As you said, we only know because word of mouth, which makes us recipients of inside information.
More like trial and error. Why are making this out to be some sort Enron scandal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

i dont know how we can claim to have insider information when every other weekend this forum is full of people arguing about what it takes to get banned. any 1 case that has caused someone to get banned 3 other people can post on here that they did the same and there were no consequences.

either way just an fyi to everyone, if you do a cash trade in do not do anything else with your account (preorders) because apparently any transaction that involves cash makes everything in that transaction subject to cash rules. basically when i did a cash same as credit trade in i also moved a preorder to battlefield and today when i picked up battlefield they charged me tax on it.

Thats the thing until yesterday i think it was a good month where this arguing about returns and banning had ended. We were headed in a good direction but i spoke too soon. Again no one has been banned for returns. However if you want to get your panties in a bunch over it then dont abuse the system with constant returns or just do all your returns on a dummy account.

bans vary district to district , dm to dm . What banned/trade limit reached me won't ban/trade limit some and what banned/trade limit some won't ban/trade limit reach me. I think Gamestop doesn't like collusion , or people sharing information to take advantage of their system. Doing lots of returns can flag you anywhere you shop. Returning items is a privilege , and retailers can take that away any time they please.

no surprise that Gamestop won't be taking preorders for the NES Classic Mini. I think someone mentioned earlier that it could be 4 or less per store.

I returned BF1 at not my home store, no problems. I told the guy I was still playing Gears 4 and he didn't seem to have any problems with it. I got the trade credit back but he did scan the receipt a bit beforehand. for whatever reason, he had to give me back the tax in cash. I have never seen them do that before.

Luckily I pre-ordering mine from Target. Might wait in line at the local Gamestop for another though. It'll probably be like other Nintendo special editions and never be produced again too (*cough* Pikachu 3DS *cough*).

Luckily I pre-ordering mine from Target. Might wait in line at the local Gamestop for another though. It'll probably be like other Nintendo special editions and never be produced again too (*cough* Pikachu 3DS *cough*).
I agree. I feel like this is just a way to get some short-term cash flow while they wait for the Switch to release. The Wii U isn't selling, and I'd imagine the 3DS hardware market is mostly dry.

Just remember, it comes out on Veteran's Day so some people have off that day, which could increase lines.

Looks like GS did some midday TIV changes again. Noticed it testing new Redbox url cache sub. Re-running the GS TIV now.

EDIT: New Redbox results : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=71653709

2 changed that I noticed (Snoopy and Until Dawn) there may have been more.
Blackbeard, would it be easy to make another column for 50% TIV bonus? It seems they happen often enough that it would be convenient to show even if there might not be an active offer sometimes.

Edit: maybe not. I just read above that there might be a promo for 40% which hasn't been a common promo

Blackbeard, would it be easy to make another column for 50% TIV bonus? It seems they happen often enough that it would be convenient to show even if there might not be an active offer sometimes.
Yes it would be but I think it would more than likely confuse some people. Moreover just in case GS corporate is aware and watching the sheet, I do not want to make their lives easier and let them know ahead of time what they need to nuke before a real promo starts. Thanks for the idea though.

Yes it would be but I think it would more than likely confuse some people. Moreover just in case GS corporate is aware and watching the sheet, I do not want to make their lives easier and let them know ahead of time what they need to nuke before a real promo starts. Thanks for the idea though.
If? C'mon man, you and I both know that BB and Gamestop don't rapidly change values for no reason. They have someone checking Slickdeals, here, and I'm sure various other sites. Such is your power. :D/

Yes the .99 cent games do exist still, it's just all the :ps3: :360: :wii: $1.99, $2.99, and $3.99 game prices were nuked by gamestop over the last 2 weeks. My application only pulls in store prices not the online ones. Good example used to Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom :ps3: It used to be $4.99 online and $19.99 in store but GS fixed that a while back. Anything :ps3: :360: :wii: $4.96 online now is guaranteed .99 in store.
So all $4.96 online price means $.99? Some of the games instore label has it from $1.99-$4.99.

How about ds, vita, 3ds games?

Got it, makes sense.

It's actually kinda funny how Blackbeard can make this spreadsheet easily, yet GS can't follow they own promos and TIV. You would think anything relating to losses would be followed more closely. In the end they can still make money off used I guess even with giving away a little extra TIV credit.

People acting like our understanding of the GameStop auto banning is like some Snowden type shit. It was just a bunch of our dumbasses getting banned and finding the common denominator. 😂

Well probably useless for most people but they are giving out Pokemon codes and they have a free $15 Restaurant.com gift card with a power up card renewal.

Stupid question probably but if I get a iHop $10 certificate for $4 do I have to spend $20+the $10 certificate or just $10+$10 certificate.

Edit: Apparently it is $10+$10 Certificate. Guess I'm eating at iHop 8 times.

Does anyone think Gamestop will run any deals that'll get more than the current $150 value for an original model PS4 towards a PS4 Pro?  If not, anyone have any recommendations for better trade in deals?  I'm looking to dump my system off, but don't want to deal with trying to sell it.

Does anyone think Gamestop will run any deals that'll get more than the current $150 value for an original model PS4 towards a PS4 Pro? If not, anyone have any recommendations for better trade in deals? I'm looking to dump my system off, but don't want to deal with trying to sell it.
That's currently the best trade in price for a PS4. You also get cash ($120) for it. I think it'll be best to wait though.

Should I trade in uncharted 4 for $15 at GameStop? Best Buy denied me because the case didn't have the bar code, it was a display box case that GameStop gave me when I bought it lol

Does anyone think Gamestop will run any deals that'll get more than the current $150 value for an original model PS4 towards a PS4 Pro? If not, anyone have any recommendations for better trade in deals? I'm looking to dump my system off, but don't want to deal with trying to sell it.
Trade it on Amazon or sell it on Ebay?

Should I trade in uncharted 4 for $15 at GameStop? Best Buy denied me because the case didn't have the bar code, it was a display box case that GameStop gave me when I bought it lol
Go back to them and tell them you don't need a case to trade it in much less a barcode. Go to their game section and bring up 3 (or so) games that have cases and ask them to explain how someone traded that in.

But if anything, you can go to Gamestop and ask them to switch the case for one with a barcode.

Go back to them and tell them you don't need a case to trade it in much less a barcode. Go to their game section and bring up 3 (or so) games that have cases and ask them to explain how someone traded that in.

But if anything, you can go to Gamestop and ask them to switch the case for one with a barcode.
Yeah if anything I'll go to GameStop and ask to switch the case, the customer service guy at BBY gives me bs mostly all the time, not sure if he's just lazy when it comes to trade ins

So all $4.96 online price means $.99? Some of the games instore label has it from $1.99-$4.99.
How about ds, vita, 3ds games?
I bought a complete copy of Beatles: Rock Band for PS3 at GS earlier today for 89 cents after the Power Up Rewards discount. The associate wanted to sell me the stupid warranty which I refused since it was going to cost just as much as the game. But, yes, there are 99 cent games in store at GS if you can find them. I'm still looking for a complete copy of Eat Lead for 360!

I bought a complete copy of Beatles: Rock Band for PS3 at GS earlier today for 89 cents after the Power Up Rewards discount. The associate wanted to sell me the stupid warranty which I refused since it was going to cost just as much as the game. But, yes, there are 99 cent games in store at GS if you can find them. I'm still looking for a complete copy of Eat Lead for 360!
Sucks that GS doesnt sell guitars for ps3. Also, Greenday rockband is $1.99. I also had the unused code.

Never heard of Eat lead. How is it? Is it a platformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back