GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
[attachment=24182:GSRetro.jpg]

[attachment=24183:Blurb.jpg]

Interesting... :whistle2:k

Edit: Added blurb

I got 15, yes 15 get $15 off any skylander figure. WTF? I just bought one creation crystal at launch form them. Makes no sense.

I might as well use them all.

attachicon.gif
GSRetro.jpg

Interesting... :whistle2:k
Didn't someone make a fuss a while back about how they couldn't even trade in a Wii because their store couldn't hook it up to their TV? I wonder if more of that will happen with this happening everywhere now.

Didn't someone make a fuss a while back about how they couldn't even trade in a Wii because their store couldn't hook it up to their TV? I wonder if more of that will happen with this happening everywhere now.
About 2 years ago when they had a $35 trade in promo for the PS2, they did not even test the system. They just made sure that there was no cosmetic damage to the system and that you had all the accessories.

It seems like half of there retro stuff isn't on the trade in estimator yet. 

Edit : Wonder if they are going to start selling the games in store or ship them all out?  

It seems like a lot of it is not but I have been able to find values for most systems and some games. 64 games aren't showing up though.

I have a few NES systems that look nice but don't work that well, I'll have to see if they want them. I'll probably trade a few other systems too, the system values looks great.

Uh oh... I made the mistake of telling my wife about this... I fear for my retro collection.

Yes my query is pulling retro stuff now. Well guess I will be patching my app today and it will be late this morning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If they are rolling out retro trades nationwide now I can assume the next step is retro sales in store eventually.

About 2 years ago when they had a $35 trade in promo for the PS2, they did not even test the system. They just made sure that there was no cosmetic damage to the system and that you had all the accessories.
I used to do PS2 modchip installs and repairs back in the day. Honestly PS2s are super easy to troubleshoot and repair.

My initial auto query is done looks like they added around 500 retro items in the trade ins. I'll patch it and run it again to see if their are more.

My initial auto query is done looks like they added around 500 retro items in the trade ins. I'll patch it and run it again to see if their are more.

Should be correct. I saw somewhat over 500 in the "Vintage" category for TIVs. Not all items are showing a TIV yet though.

I wonder how many of each they'll take... Probably 2? I've got at least 20 PS1s, 20-30 Genesis, and like 10 dreamcasts I've been waiting to dump on someone.

Ok this is all the data I have on the retro trades so far. Looks like 126 of the 552 items still are not showing prices or TIV on the webpage yet.

I got to do a bunch of patching to get the systems correct instead of NA or at least say "retro". Retro trades are also mixed in with the modern games in the normal tabs on the sheet.

Also I have to fix certain game names like this Herc's Adventures to this Herc's Adventures

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=984439758

Ok this is all the data I have on the retro trades so far. Looks like 126 of the 552 items still are not showing prices or TIV on the webpage yet.

I got to do a bunch of patching to get the systems correct instead of NA or at least say "retro". Retro trades are also mixed in with the modern games in the normal tabs on the sheet.
Appreciate this list. I cannot get most of the games and values to show up when I do a search on the app and website.

And they sell it for $249.99.....
Looking at eBay pricing (even for disc only) their selling price would actually be a decent price if they had one available to sell. It is probably a good thing they won't be getting that one anytime soon, since they would likely do stupid stuff with it like throw out the case, give it the GS refurb torture, or ship it with missing disks.

Can't believe it sells for around $600 complete now as I was able to get a complete copy as a X-mas present for my brother-in-law for under $200 ten years ago.

Hey CAGs! I have a generic headset that shows $2.00 for tiv, so I'll get $27.00 w/ hardware coupon or am I missing something?

Hey CAGs! I have a generic headset that shows $2.00 for tiv, so I'll get $27.00 w/ hardware coupon or am I missing something?
i dont think that qualifies as hardware, its an accessory, right? but why have a different coupon that says system and one that says hardware?

i dont think that qualifies as hardware, its an accessory, right? but why have a different coupon that says system and one that says hardware?
yes, accessory. Ditto on the hardware vs. system. I got the more uncommon "hardware" coupon and was wondering if anyone used it on "tech" or not.

Was able to patch my app to get most retro items system names. I think 4 Sega Saturn games still come up NA as gamestop still hasn't labeled them. A lot are just branded "Vintage Software" so they come as "Retro" on the sheets until gamestop replaces it. There still has been no movement on the 126 games with no prices or TIV. Also Sega Saturn & Gamecube controllers are listed with the games for some reason.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=984439758

on another note, I wonder if this is the start of the retro bubble bursting. If GS has ample copies of retro titles in stock, they will continue to go down in value and finally will become cheap(er) again. Its already started happening with a ton of retro stuff that GS has too much stock of, like Battlefront 2, KOTOR, etc. 

I can only hope.

on another note, I wonder if this is the start of the retro bubble bursting. If GS has ample copies of retro titles in stock, they will continue to go down in value and finally will become cheap(er) again. Its already started happening with a ton of retro stuff that GS has too much stock of, like Battlefront 2, KOTOR, etc.

I can only hope.
AFAIK retro games mainly attracts collectors and paying certain prices on certain games that are not guaranteed to be complete or real is a deal breaker.

Retro games arent being reproduced so whats out there is whats out there. I dont see the bubble bursting. Theres a huge market for it that bleeds over a multitude of age demographics. I just see gs monopolizing it and continuing with their shitty business practices. It would be cool of they start having a section in store tho. Also if the $25 hardware bonus applies to retro systems, i have a gamecube i want to trade in.

You're missing the hardware lol
Lol, thanks. Guess I'll hold on to my PS4 until the 30th and trade it in for $175 for the Pro.Still on the fence but I've invested in Psvr ($159 cash and flips) and Pro would be part of my Sony ecosystem or I could just keep my og, and use the my credit for fall games...I need to make a decision soon!!!

Retro games arent being reproduced so whats out there is whats out there. I dont see the bubble bursting. Theres a huge market for it that bleeds over a multitude of age demographics. I just see gs monopolizing it and continuing with their shitty business practices. It would be cool of they start having a section in store tho. Also if the $25 hardware bonus applies to retro systems, i have a gamecube i want to trade in.
Seeing those old games in store would be neat, but seeing those price tags would definitely kill any interest for me. A HPB near me had a super fine copy of Final Fantasy for NES either complete or sealed and they wanted a C-note for it. I let them keep on displaying it.

I ve seen some retro stuff in a few stores but no actual section. I saw an earthbound at a gs behind a case (cartridge only) where they keep the ds and vita systems. It was there for a few months and some one finally bit. I was tempted but the cheapass in me couldnt bite the bullet.

Seeing those old games in store would be neat, but seeing those price tags would definitely kill any interest for me. A HPB near me had a super fine copy of Final Fantasy for NES either complete or sealed and they wanted a C-note for it. I let them keep on displaying it.
That's what you grab on the 50% coupon weekends.

I have a PS1 and a Saturn somewhere I'm never going to play again. Need to find those and dump them unless the market for a Saturn went through the roof recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back