GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you call before loading your car up. One gamestop said they weren't set up to take retro unless it had a barcode and the other called me a liar and said I editted the site page on my phone.

Anyone know what the refurb would be on a GBA SP?  $50 is might tempting, but it depends on the fee.  I have one istting here, works great and the screen is fine, but the shell looks like they used it as a hockey puck.

Make sure you call before loading your car up. One gamestop said they weren't set up to take retro unless it had a barcode and the other called me a liar and said I editted the site page on my phone.
That's when you file a very bad survey for each of the stores.

Anybody know if the the dial up modem for the Sega Dreamcast is required or will I be hit with a refurb fee? I have 9 of these and only one without a modem. Rather trade it in they buy a replacement modem.

Just to let you guys know, the 20% and 50% bonuses never worked on retro stuff before all GameStops started buying retro, and it looks like the bonuses still don't work for retro stuff. A Dualshock 1 is $3 base and I got $3.30 for one today when I preordered Pokemon Sun, whereas all my other modern stuff got the 40% bonus in the same transaction

Anybody know if the the dial up modem for the Sega Dreamcast is required or will I be hit with a refurb fee? I have 9 of these and only one without a modem. Rather trade it in they buy a replacement modem.
I've been told that even if it works, it will get hit with a refurb fee regardless and everything must be included to trade it in so YMMV i guess?

As someone whose favorite system of all time is Dreamcast, can I ask why you have 9? I read your other post where you said you used to mod PS2s but DC doesn't need any of that. Did you buy them for $10 when EB Games was clearancing them way back?

As someone whose favorite system of all time is Dreamcast, can I ask why you have 9? I read your other post where you said you used to mod PS2s but DC doesn't need any of that. Did you buy them for $10 when EB Games was clearancing them way back?
I just can't help myself when I see a Dreamcast for $10 or lower at a thrift store. I've accumulated all 9 over the last 10 years. No other reason just really like the Dreamcast. I still have like 10 fat modded ps2s and orig. xboxs from my modding days.

I just can't help myself when I see a Dreamcast for $10 or lower at a thrift store. I've accumulated all 9 over the last 10 years. No other reason just really like the Dreamcast. I still have like 10 fat modded ps2s and orig. xboxs from my modding days.
Did you ever mod a XB360 and get banned off of Live? At work (get rid of old junk day at work) someone tossed out a modded XB360 and I could tell because it had a burned copy of NFS in the drive.

Did you ever mod a XB360 and get banned off of Live? At work (get rid of old junk day at work) someone tossed out a modded XB360 and I could tell because it had a burned copy of NFS in the drive.
If the xbox is updated with one of the more recent firmwares you won't. Not sure the exact one but it's referred to as the silver bullet. Once that update came out MS was basically powerless, it was literally a silver bullet to stop the cat and mouse game.

And pretty sure they stopped banning for playing pirated games even before that update. Too many legit players were getting banned as well since the detection for piracy is garbage. Disc read errors were flagging MS for piracy and we all know how reliable those 360's were ;)

Yes I modded a handful (3 phats RIP) but never used it online for that reason. Just use a unmodded slim now.

Anyone know what the refurb would be on a GBA SP? $50 is might tempting, but it depends on the fee. I have one istting here, works great and the screen is fine, but the shell looks like they used it as a hockey puck.
Have traded in a few consoles and games the past few months. Everything is marked with refurb but it actually doesn't drop the price, it just allows the store to ship it out to the warehouse.

Also some stores I went to have taken systems without checking anything, while others have at least plugged them in to check to see if they at least power on.

Got almost $300 cash for some systems that probably didn't work and some scratched up GameCube games that didn't play. The guy said they were told to not test anything and they didn't have an option to apply a refurb fee.

Got almost $300 cash for some systems that probably didn't work and some scratched up GameCube games that didn't play. The guy said they were told to not test anything and they didn't have an option to apply a refurb fee.
They can apply a refurbished fee, but it will be zero. I did also receive bonuses on everything

these are my garbage offers:

Pro Member Offer - Save $20 on Far Cry Primal

Pro Member Offer - Save $25 on a New Copy of The Division
Pro Member Offer - Save $10 on Select Refurbished Headsets

Can the pur account coupons be used on different accounts? If so, I have an unused birthday coupon 20% off used game, or unused 40% trade bonus coupon to trade for an unused $25 hardware coupon.

I assume you need the av x power for each retro system, I buy a lot of systems for like $3-$5 and they never have any cables and I wonder if they will care about battery covers for game boys x colors , I have a lot of those too

the next time they do cash = trade credit I'll go nuts

I assume you need the av x power for each retro system, I buy a lot of systems for like $3-$5 and they never have any cables and I wonder if they will care about battery covers for game boys x colors , I have a lot of those too

the next time they do cash = trade credit I'll go nuts
My guess is the values are going to drop before the next one. I think they will care if there are components like cables missing but you may get lucky with a battery cover missing.

To do a return in store for a game purchased online do I need to have the invoice with me when I go to return or would showing them my order confirmation email on my phone be sufficient?

Upon inventorying my closet of forgotten consoles, I've got:

1 black DS Lite
1 purple Game Boy Color
1 clear Game Boy Pocket
1 black Dreamcast
1 yellow SNES

I've just started hitting up thrift shops regularly for the past year or two. I wish I would have been doing this forever, because it's a lot of fun. I'm amassed a lot of old consoles. If anyone has a $25 system coupon that they don't mind parting with, I would most definitely make good use of it and post the insane receipt here. 

I read this a few pages back, but I'll bring it up again. If you do have these cool $25 system or $25 electronics coupons, definitely download them and/or screenshot them because there's a chance GS will catch on and remove them. They've done it on multiple occasions in the past.

I attempted to trade in a few retro consoles when people posted here that it worked with the 50% bonus that was going on at the time. The GS employees I talked to told me that they needed to be complete with video cables, power cables, and controllers. They also said that they have to test them in stores. It would be so nice if any of these policies changed.

On to another subject. Earlier today at GS, the guy in line in front of me was informed by the GS employee that he had a trade suspension. He said he would be allowed to trade again in about a month, or maybe a few months. I was so tempted to say to the guy "Hello fellow CAG."  :wave:

Don't worry, I received the same garbage ass offers
Yeah, when my membership ends the last of Jan 2017, I am not going to renew. Just not worth it since I rarely buy used games at GS and the coupons are a joke. Glad I get the digital vers of the monthly magazine b/c saving paper/wood is the only good outcome from the deal. LOL.

Before you guys take your games to gs, post them here in case people are willing to pay you cash instead. I'm especially looking for any gameboy game boxes like pokemon crystal

Agreed I would like a DS lite or DSi for cheap.
I see them sometimes at thrift shops for around $8 or $10 (usually always Pink), but I haven't bought any because I have a DS lite from AWD that works well for me still. I try my best to resist the urge to collect every color of every console, but it's always tempting. Are these worth buying? Keep in mind that they never have the original cables and there's no guarantee that they work. If they don't work, I'm SOL because they don't accept returns.

I did roll the dice on a lilac PSP 3000 once for $10, which continues to work well. I guess I'm not knowledgeable about handhelds in general. Do they tend to take a good beating and keep working? Is there anything I should look for when buying DS systems aside from scratches (and aside from checking for a game cartridge in the slot ;) ;) )

I got 2 dreamcast system on og Xbox, Sega Saturn, an snes laying around here, I'm wondering they need all the cables and stuff?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Maybe I've just been out of the game for too long, but why are none of the retro games showing up in the app for me? Am I missing something? Looking to unload some N64/SNES stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back