GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Joining the party late, but the Poke bonus: does that work for anyone pre-ordering? Because I don't see it in the trade offers section off the app. Or is it another coupon, like the ones I never seem to get.

Also, has anyone traded in any NES, SNES, etc? Just curious on TIVs since the app/website only seem to show some GBA & GameCube games, at least from what I can see.

It's kind of sad that this has to be written- obviously it has happened more then once LOL

from the Gamestop Trade in Page [items they will not accept for trade-in]:

Hardware exclusions include: Consoles with parental controls that can’t be removed. PS Vitas with cracked screens  ......

Systems infested with insects or any other creatures.

Also from the trade in page:
TRADE YOUR RETRO GAMES, SYSTEMS AND ACCESSORIES!
RETRO TRADES ARE NOW ACCEPTED IN ALL GAMESTOP STORES

I was able to use the 40% pokemon sun/moon bonus on Retro. No coupon.

Also, Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition on Saturn trades in for a base of $30. They probably priced the Net Link Edition but the pic shows the regular and they accepted the regular for the trade because it matched the online disk image.

UL4QLA4.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1221296538

It's kind of sad that this has to be written- obviously it has happened more then once LOL

from the Gamestop Trade in Page [items they will not accept for trade-in]:
Hardware exclusions include: Consoles with parental controls that can’t be removed. PS Vitas with cracked screens ......
Systems infested with insects or any other creatures.

Also from the trade in page:
TRADE YOUR RETRO GAMES, SYSTEMS AND ACCESSORIES!
RETRO TRADES ARE NOW ACCEPTED IN ALL GAMESTOP STORES
I will never forget a dreamcast that was traded in when i worked at GS back in the day we actually refused to take it. I have never seen something so roach infested, let alone all of them that ran out when the system turned on. We had to call a exterminator the next day to spray the store. Also remember the game cases had eaggs inside them as well.

I was able to use the 40% pokemon sun/moon bonus on Retro. No coupon.

Also, Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition on Saturn trades in for a base of $30. They probably priced the Net Link Edition but the pic shows the regular and they accepted the regular for the trade because it matched the online disk image.
Well....... shit! I may actually try that later today. I have the disc

So I ended up checking out a third gamestop who also didn't know they were taking retro, but I told them to check GSO and sure enough they found the instructions. I ended up dumping a bunch systems to them that most people would not have bought and picked up a nice stack of credit. I wish they'd hurry up and add the accessories and games for NES/SNES/etc on their tracker so I could get together a bunch of those.

Anyone know what's required for Game Boy trades? I realized the GB Color I have is missing the barcode sticker from the back of it.

This thread is a little confusing. What are the current/future trade deals going on? The OP only showed one but as I read the recent posts there seems to be a sun/moon, electronic and retro trade deals? Or are they coupons? Then there is the ones on the official site that are not mentioned here.

This thread is a little confusing. What are the current/future trade deals going on? The OP only showed one but as I read the recent posts there seems to be a sun/moon, electronic and retro trade deals? Or are they coupons? Then there is the ones on the official site that are not mentioned here.
20% Extra Credit towards Battlefield 1, COD: Infinite Warfare, Dishonored 2, Titanfall 2, Watch Dogs 2, Skyrim Special Edition. Valid 10/24/16 through 11/13/16

20% Extra Credit towards Playstation VR. Valid through 11/13/16

20% Extra Credit towards Collectibles. Valid 10/18/16 through 11/1/16 ( Vanished from the trade page but was there on Monday?)

20% Extra Credit towards HTC Vive. Valid through 12/31/16

$50 Trade Credit towards Skyrim Special Edition on select titles Valid 10/24 - 10/30

40% Trade Bonus towards Pokemon Sun and Moon (Not advertised anywhere AFAIK)

Retro trades are accepted nationwide now on select games, consoles, and first party accessories. (Website is still incomplete but the Gamestop app seems to have more listed)

There also were various PUR coupons added to people's accounts at random which include:
40% bonus on your next trade in
Extra $25 on your next system trade
Extra $25 on your next tech trade
Extra $25 on your next hardware trade?
10% off Refurb Headsets

TYVm BlackBeard4886

Well if my trade calculator app thing is correct I got $356 worth of games befor any bonuses. So I'll try to go for the Pokemon deal for the extra 40%.

20% Extra Credit towards Battlefield 1, COD: Infinite Warfare, Dishonored 2, Titanfall 2, Watch Dogs 2, Skyrim Special Edition. Valid 10/24/16 through 11/13/16

20% Extra Credit towards Playstation VR. Valid through 11/13/16

20% Extra Credit towards Collectibles. Valid 10/18/16 through 11/1/16 ( Vanished from the trade page but was there on Monday?)

20% Extra Credit towards HTC Vive. Valid through 12/31/16

$50 Trade Credit towards Skyrim Special Edition on select titles Valid 10/24 - 10/30

40% Trade Bonus towards Pokemon Sun and Moon (Not advertised anywhere AFAIK)

Retro trades are accepted nationwide now on select games, consoles, and first party accessories. (Website is still incomplete but the Gamestop app seems to have more listed)

There also were various PUR coupons added to people's accounts at random which include:
40% bonus on your next trade in
Extra $25 on your next system trade
Extra $25 on your next tech trade
Extra $25 on your next hardware trade?
10% off Refurb Headsets
Oh so the 40% bonus to Pokémon doesn't need a coupon? If so time to unload my Wii U towards switch. When does this offer end?

Those bonuses do not work on systems, electronics and retro items.
I thought it was confirmed a few times already that the bonuses work on retro games.

But the Pokémon bonus, do I need a coupon from my Pro account to take advantage of this or can anyone do it?
You don't need a coupon in your pro account to do the Pokémon bonus right? Or do you?
No coupon for the Pokemon 40% bonus you just need to put down $5 on a Pokemon Sun or Moon pre-order with the trade (Games and Accessories only)

There is also a 40% trade bonus coupon in addition to the Pokemon 40% that random people received in their active offers a few days ago.

Tried to check TIV on some Gamecube games like Super Mario Sunshine and SSB Melee on the website, but all of them came out as "N/A". Does anyone know their value? I might trade my copies in, if (and that's a big IF) I'll get decent enough store credit. 

Tried to check TIV on some Gamecube games like Super Mario Sunshine and SSB Melee on the website, but all of them came out as "N/A". Does anyone know their value? I might trade my copies in, if (and that's a big IF) I'll get decent enough store credit.
mario sunshine base value is 15 credit and smash bros is 20 credit they have more on the app compared to the website

I thought it was confirmed a few times already that the bonuses work on retro games.

No coupon for the Pokemon 40% bonus you just need to put down $5 on a Pokemon Sun or Moon pre-order with the trade (Games and Accessories only)
There is also a 40% trade bonus coupon in addition to the Pokemon 40% that random people received in their active offers a few days ago.
Nice thanks! Any idea when this bonus ends? Mighty wait for weekend stealth bump on Friday

Are the active offers transferable or tradeable? I'd love a $20 off Titanfall 2 if someone doesn't want it. I have a 40% trade bump to trade (not sure if it's only good on one game or not). I also have Gears 1,2,3, and Judgment codes if anyone somehow still needs those.

I have a pretty decent retro collection and while this is tempting me to sell some, it's tempting me more to set up some systems and play! Last time I did this ended up playing Atari 2600 games and Secret of Mana for SNES all weekend with my daughter.

Hoping GS doesn't start stocking retro games in store, my gaming budget probably couldn't handle it!

I have a pretty decent retro collection and while this is tempting me to sell some, it's tempting me more to set up some systems and play! Last time I did this ended up playing Atari 2600 games and Secret of Mana for SNES all weekend with my daughter.

Hoping GS doesn't start stocking retro games in store, my gaming budget probably couldn't handle it!
My local retro store had a black friday weekend sale of 5 atari 2600 games for $1. My kids can play the atari games a lot easier than the newer consoles. I stocked up

On the PUR site under rewards it lists "Epic Rewards" and the page says coming soon.  Anyone have a clue what that's about?

Nevermind, I remember now these have been around before and are like sweepstakes.

On the PUR site under rewards it lists "Epic Rewards" and the page says coming soon. Anyone have a clue what that's about?
I think that's just the monthly sweepstakes they have, and they did not update next month's yet. Usually its like 100 points per entry or 2000 for like 15 or something. Prizes are really nice, they offered the convertible from GTA once, and trips to all around the world. I never won one of the $500 GCs from surveys, so I don't think these are worth it either.

I just got the 40% trade bonus coupon sometime in the last 24 hours.

Thanks guys for pointing this out, I got 12+25 for my old toaster Gameboy!

Also, the sales rep had no clue they took Retro games until he called his manager.  I would expect it to be a week or so for that news to trickle down to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back