GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanna make sure, I returned 1 copy of naruto with the original receipt instead of the gift receipt. I have another copy I'd like to return with the gift receipt that came with the game I already returned, will the system know that I already returned that? If so, It shouldn't really matter but just trying to avoid jr detectives by returning with a gift receipt

Taking a trip to my nearby GS tomorrow, with at least seven Gamecube games that'll stack up to $123 in PUR credit. I'm curious if the 40% applies towards a game with the lowest or highest TIV, though. My highest would be a game that costs $22; lowest, $4.

Have at least seven Gamecube games that'll stack up to $123 in PUR credit, but I'm curious if the 40% applies towards a game with the lowest or highest TIV, though. My highest would be one that costs $22; lowest, $4.
It will apply to all games.

Every retro and not so retro game has the 1.40x applied to the value. Not 100% sure on accessories though

It will apply to all games.

Every retro and not so retro game has the 1.40x applied to the value. Not 100% sure on accessories though
So, even if you take in a stack of games, the coupon basically applies to all of them in a single transaction? The offer details made it seem like it would only apply towards a single game for some reason. Or am I misreading it as a single-use coupon?

So, even if you take in a stack of games, the coupon basically applies to all of them in a single transaction? The offer details made it seem like it would only apply towards a single game for some reason. Or am I misreading it as a single-use coupon?
Oh I misread. You meant a coupon. Because I'm referring to Pokemon where the 40% will apply to each game whether you preorder for the first time or put a penny on an existing

Oh I misread. You meant a coupon. Because I'm referring to Pokemon where the 40% will apply to each game whether you preorder for the first time or put a penny on an existing
No worries. I was talking about a Pro offer where you get 40% extra credit on any game traded. Will have to ask an employee if I go in tomorrow, to see if it even applies towards retro.

More retro stuff has been added (NES, SNES, PS1, Genesis, N64, Dreamcast) so far. Now I gotta go patch more of this shit.  :wall:

EDIT: Looks like about 1000 more games were added.

At this rate I'm going to need to double the concurrent threads processing this data as the time has gone from about 50 minutes to almost 90 minutes to do one query.

Anyone know what their condition guidelines for retro carts are? Have a ton the are otherwise perfect, but have stupid names or initials in marker on them.

More retro stuff has been added (NES, SNES, PS1, Genesis, N64, Dreamcast) so far. Now I gotta go patch more of this shit. :wall:
EDIT: Looks like about 1000 more games were added.
At this rate I'm going to need to double the concurrent threads processing this data as the time has gone from about 50 minutes to almost 90 minutes to do one query.
The gamestop app hasn't updated with trade values yet for some consoles.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the $25 extra trade in console coupon for multiple consoles? I don't think it'll work but just want a quick confirmation.

Have they started taking in trades on original GBA models yet? I have a purple one lying around somewhere that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. 

So are the active offers good for anyone as long as you have the barcode? If so I have a 40% bump offer I can trade for a TF2 offer. I know there is a trade forum so my apologies but I feel like since I don't even know if it's possible it made sense to ask here.

On to another subject. Earlier today at GS, the guy in line in front of me was informed by the GS employee that he had a trade suspension. He said he would be allowed to trade again in about a month, or maybe a few months. I was so tempted to say to the guy "Hello fellow CAG." :wave:
Most on trade suspension aren't CAG or SD'ers, but just thieves.

Wow I gotta stop looking at prices! So tempting to clean out some games. The ones off the top of my head all were fetching $20+

Do you need to provide AA batteries when trading in a Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance?

I'm planning to use my $25 extra credit coupon. Will it work on both?

I had a thread in the trade forum displaying all games that I had for sale. No one was interested. Now that I'm trading to GameStop to rid myself of clutter, the interest is there. 

I'll re-inventory and update my remaining stuff later and update my sig to link to the page I have

Kickass. Most of the values for retro games are reflected on the website now instead of just the app - many of the prices are pretty fair, especially after 40% bonus. Now I can dump all my retro stuff in one go instead of selling them piece by piece on eBay and hoping they don't get lost in the mail or that the buyer dicks me over.

I bought 3 SNES Marvel games from Gamestop last week that came in today. I was expecting the worse, but to my surprise they came in great shape. 

I've seen others mention it. I too will buy retro games if anybody is interested in selling them for cash instead of Gamestop credit. 

Do you need to provide AA batteries when trading in a Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance?

I'm planning to use my $25 extra credit coupon. Will it work on both?
Traded in a toaster GB and a 3DS, got the $25 credit for EACH. No, you don't need batteries for GB/C/A. Make sure everything is traded in during one transaction, as the coupon is only good for one use.

Traded in a toaster GB and a 3DS, got the $25 credit for EACH. No, you don't need batteries for GB/C/A. Make sure everything is traded in during one transaction, as the coupon is only good for one use.
$25 each dang I'm going to dump a bunch and rebuy when my retro store does their 50% off hardware sale.

Traded in some disc based games today (PS1, DC, Xbox) and the pokemon 40% code wasn't applying. I didn't notice it til after they handed me the receipt. They told me to call some Poweruprewards number... I'll probably just chalk it up as a loss.

Are games not listed eligible for trade? I have a lot of Gameboy games I'd think about trading. Lots of stuff I got for 90% off at GS years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back