GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im showing the trade in value for a 500gb ps4 for $150 for PUR members...anyone know how long this will b4 it goes back down $100. Need to trade in for ps4 pro but, want to keep my regular ps4 for as long as possible.
it's been 150 for awhile now but I'd do it asap. the closer to neo the more likely it's gonna drop back down but there's really no way to tell if/when it will.

Those fools gave me $50 for Buster Douglas Boxing on the Master System.  Totally worth opening its package at that price.

Is anyone here actually able to still use others' coupons? Each of the stores I go to pulls my account up on the tablet... all 4 of my accounts.

Just got back from picking up Titanfall 2, the clerk noticed my COD pre-order and told me a promo just started where you can get $10 trade in credit towards COD for any current gen game with a minimum value of $3. I'm thinking he's only half right here and he's missing something. Anyone else know anything?
Anyone do this yet? I have a preorder that I haven't finished paying on yet. Could use it on that I'm assuming. Anyone know when this promo is good until and when the coupon shows up?

Just tried to trade in games from Redbox. Store manager wouldn't take them because they had the stickers on them. Said they had an incident occur and gamestops were going to crackdown on redbox games. I knew he was talking out of his ass.

Just tried to trade in games from Redbox. Store manager wouldn't take them because they had the stickers on them. Said they had an incident occur and gamestops were going to crackdown on redbox games. I knew he was talking out of his ass.
I only buy Xbox games from Redbox, since the stickers pull up the ps4 disc art. I always remove the stickers and use some lighter fluid to make sure all the sticker residue is gone. And for the 3-5 disc only Redbox games I trade in at a time, I always include 1 random cheap CIB game in the transaction just to avoid any questions.

Just follow these simple guidelines and you too can trade in Redbox games with ease!

quick question , if i trade in my gears of war 4 game since i just finished it towards pokemon moon will it be possible to get the 30 dlls guaranteed plus the extra 40% ? 

Hrm, triple-negative, so you COULD trade in your retro stuff because it WAS in mint condition? :p
Yeah I went two different GS and they told me no because I had my initials on the cartiage and I had an rf connector instead of an av cable for my Xbox. I went to my local replay store and got 150 cash for all of my stuff

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

quick question , if i trade in my gears of war 4 game since i just finished it towards pokemon moon will it be possible to get the 30 dlls guaranteed plus the extra 40% ?
Generally you cannot combine promos, so the most you will be able to get is $30 ($32 if you have a PUR Pro).

Got $303 for some retro systems n other things. Highlights

$70 for 2 PS1s. Paid $10

$95 for 2 GBAs. Paid $32

$42 for a Genesis. Paid $25

$37.50 for a Pink DS Lite that was left at a party and I couldn't locate the owner (got refurbed)

Pretty great deal with those coupons.

$70 for 2 PS1s. Paid $10

$95 for 2 GBAs. Paid $32

$37.50 for a Pink DS Lite that was left at a party and I couldn't locate the owner (got refurbed)

Did you need the charger for the GBAs? I've torn apart my office trying to find it and I'm having no luck.

Did you need the charger for the GBAs? I've torn apart my office trying to find it and I'm having no luck.
They weren't SPs. YMMV but they didn't need batteries or the cover fortunately. If amazon had sent back my SP in a timely manner I could've gotten $50 for that too.

Couldn't trade in none of my retro stuff because it wasn't in near mint condition

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Hmmm I was able to in a few Dreamcast games I got from Goodwill that were scratched to hell and back and never worked. A yellowing working Dreamcast with no dial up modem and rf cable instead of av, scratched up non working Xbox games. Dusty working GameCube with a bad after market controller. No refurb fees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm assuming they don't test retro systems in store since they wouldn't likely have games to test them with anyways ? I have a dreamcast, and boxes of shit like an atari, 2 or 3 Genesis systems, controllers, etc.

Traded in my copy of Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut today. Didn't wanna be bothered with shipping and eBay fees, so $52.50 extra credit in my pocket is fine with me for something that had been sitting in a drawer for years. Even gave them the box and manual with it. Hoarding cases and manuals is a dick move, let the buying customers have them.
That box and manual alone is worth a shit ton.

Yes, you're missing something.
thinking-face.png

Traded in my copy of Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut today. Didn't wanna be bothered with shipping and eBay fees, so $52.50 extra credit in my pocket is fine with me for something that had been sitting in a drawer for years. Even gave them the box and manual with it. Hoarding cases and manuals is a dick move, let the buying customers have them.
Kyle was this yours? O:) For anyone that doesn't know this was Gamestop's product picture for Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut until they found out it was a Madden 98 (Blue Cart) with a repro label.

hqdefault.jpg

Took all my mold consoles in today.
They accepted
Ds lite with a cracked hinge
Working dsi xl
Working sega dreamcast

Did not accept
Gba with missing battery cover
Gameboy pocket with a few dead pixels
Gamecube with a sticky "open" button
Sega Saturn with frayed av cable

I've had a good relationship with everyone at this store, so I wasn't too upset about the rejections

I traded in a gb advance and a gamecube. The employee said the component cables didnt work and made me purchase new ones to trade it in with the gamecube. The gba battery cover was also just one of those rechargeable battery case covers where you cant actually put regular batteries in it. But he took it np. The gamecube controller analog nub was completely worn off so he charged me a refurb and then was more upset than surprised that the refurb was 0. I still got $90 for both which is great because like most of my Nintendo products theyve just been sitting around collecting dust.

Wonder if they'll accept working but yellowed SNES consoles? I have one with a yellowed top and pristine bottom half, and another that is reverse (yellowed bottom).. I assume not.

Anyone trading a DS lite have any issues with trading it in with the serial number worn off in the back? Got both of mine rejected even though they worked because the SN wasn't visible

Anyone trading a DS lite have any issues with trading it in with the serial number worn off in the back? Got both of mine rejected even though they worked because the SN wasn't visible
I'm pretty sure that they have to scan the serial number. I once traded in a red 3DS without the serial number but I provided the box which had the SN on it

$70 for 2 PS1s. Paid $10

$95 for 2 GBAs. Paid $32

How the hell did you get $95 for the 2 GBA? Ap says its only $22.50

Anyone know if the 40% bonus trade coupon will work on multiple items or just one? I think it expires on Sunday, may use it if its multiple items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back