GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the 40% bonus trade coupon will work on multiple items or just one? I think it expires on Sunday, may use it if its multiple items.
works on multiple games. I had some accessories in my transaction and it didn't bump them. So I also got a collectible for $1 and it triggered the extra 20% on the accessories. Still got 40% on all the games with the coupon though.

I'll join the group. I have a bunch of old systems sitting around but I need a hardware coupon. I've got a 40% coupon I could trade + $10 credit of psn or Xbox live. Please pm me if interested. Thanks!

is there a limit for trading retro systems?

I'd trade a $10 psn code for a $25 bonus console code/coupon if no one wants theirs,

and its per system?

I traded in a gb advance and a gamecube. The employee said the component cables didnt work and made me purchase new ones to trade it in with the gamecube. The gba battery cover was also just one of those rechargeable battery case covers where you cant actually put regular batteries in it. But he took it np. The gamecube controller analog nub was completely worn off so he charged me a refurb and then was more upset than surprised that the refurb was 0. I still got $90 for both which is great because like most of my Nintendo products theyve just been sitting around collecting dust.
If you traded in GameCube component cables, that's not smart.

You forgot the h in between s and i lol
Know how I know I'm old? Because I can remember when the family upgraded to a (monstrous console) TV that I could finally use composite on and being blown away by how much better it was than using an RF or (god help me) an aerial lead.

Might be missing something but why is everyone going crazy trying to get a 40% coupon? The Pokemon Sun/Moon promo lasts for another 3 weeks and also works on accessories

I found an original Game Boy underneath my bathroom sink. The inside corners of the screen are horribly yellowed but it works! Score! I have a Game Boy Advance SP-101 with the good backlight so I won't miss the green screen system.

I am looking to trade in my ps4 & Xbox one w/ Kinect for ps4 pro and noticed the sun and moon promo gives 40% extra. That would bring total to $310. Does that work or am I missing something? I know I could sell on Craigslist but just don't want the hassle or risk. Thanks in advance

I am looking to trade in my ps4 & Xbox one w/ Kinect for ps4 pro and noticed the sun and moon promo gives 40% extra. That would bring total to $310. Does that work or am I missing something? I know I could sell on Craigslist but just don't want the hassle or risk. Thanks in advance
Bonus doesn't apply to consoles.

$25 console coupon up for grabs if anyone would like to trade for it. Not able to go through my old consoles today for family reasons. Credit for game systems and other types of credit/cash welcome.

Traded in some Snes games like Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire II, Demon's Crest, Final Fight 3, Ninja Warriors and some others. Did not get that much but considering their condition meh.
lol , you savage

I got a 20% off coupon, can I use that on an already placed preorder or would I have to cancel and reset it? Will they let me use it on a preorder at all?

Does anyone know anything about a trade in deal for Infinite Warfare where you get either 10 dollars or 10 extra doors towards the game when you trade a game in? I saw it in my store this week but I can't find it online.

its probably only good on used games, im assuming you got the birthday coupon
It's actually one I got from the store I usually go to moving locations oddly enough

it has this after the asterisk:

"
*Get 20% Off: Must present coupon to redeem offer. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Not valid on hardware. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Not valid with any other offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in select stores only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. "

Does it matter if it's a "system" or "hardware" coupon? Both should apply to multiple systems traded in right? Or is that only the hardware one? I have it worded as system.

I have a $25 tech coupon if anybody wants to trade for it.

On topic, does the 20% extra towards collectibles still work for the $.99 stickers/cheap stuff?  I would preorder pokemon but I really don't want to cancel/move my preorder to another game.

It showed up in my e-mail, I included the details in the previous post edit as well.
doesnt say excludes preorders so it should be ok. i had a previous preorder of titanfall 2 that was paid off and i got the $20 off coupon later on, when it was applied they just gave me back the $20 so i would imagine the 20% would work the same.

I have a $25 tech coupon if anybody wants to trade for it.

On topic, does the 20% extra towards collectibles still work for the $.99 stickers/cheap stuff? I would preorder pokemon but I really don't want to cancel/move my preorder to another game.
I have a 40% extra trade in for ur tech coupon

on retro like ps1 and xbox, do we still need to bring av cable?
Seconding this question, even if it might be a dumb one. I've got a stack of PS1s just sitting around, but they're all power cable and maybe controller only. If they require A/V cables then this coupon's pretty much worthless to me.

Seconding this question, even if it might be a dumb one. I've got a stack of PS1s just sitting around, but they're all power cable and maybe controller only. If they require A/V cables then this coupon's pretty much worthless to me.
didnt ps1 introduce the sony av cables? with the rectangle connection? i could see them not being needed for those consoles that just use yellow/red cords but the system specific cables would probably be required.

didnt ps1 introduce the sony av cables? with the rectangle connection? i could see them not being needed for those consoles that just use yellow/red cords but the system specific cables would probably be required.
I think the first revision ps1 used standard composite cables like the Panasonic 3do and NES. The revisions afterward used that Sony composite cable that was used up to and including the ps3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes you need an AV cable to trade in retro systems, and yes it's a dumb question. If you're trying to trade a SNES/N64/GC/PS1/Xbox then you could maybe get them to take it in and just remove the cost of this...

http://m.gamestop.com/product/accessories/universal-s-av-cable-gc-ps2-xbox-xbox-360/67779

...from the value, but that's very YMMV since not only do some employees have a hate-boner for generic stuff, but then of course they won't be able to test it. Some stores still test systems even if they're retro and even if they have no games to test them with.

Well, guess I might as well toss mine into the "available for trade" pile in that case, then, since I'm sure not going to be using it. PM and such.

I figured as much.
Some thrift stores sell random cords. If there are any in your area, that might be a good place to start.

I haven't even done my trade in yet today, but searching through my stuff has already been a positive experience. I found an unused Xbox Live Gold 1-month card along with several action figures and import games I don't remember buying years ago when I was making better money than I'm making now. Sad, I know, but I've got more GameCube games to play now that I took a look in both my closets. Are GameCube games really in demand as much as it appears they are?

Some thrift stores sell random cords. If there are any in your area, that might be a good place to start.

I haven't even done my trade in yet today, but searching through my stuff has already been a positive experience. I found an unused Xbox Live Gold 1-month card along with several action figures and import games I don't remember buying years ago when I was making better money than I'm making now. Sad, I know, but I've got more GameCube games to play now that I took a look in both my closets. Are GameCube games really in demand as much as it appears they are?
They're getting there but not really that much. The "holy grail" of GameCube games is only worth like $200 whereas the NES, SNES, and even N64 all have multiple games worth more than that cart-only.

Dumb question but I will ask it anyways. Will Gamestop accept an HDMI cable with my Super Nintendo?
Hey, if your SNES can use HDMI, then you can make way more than what GS is offering for it elsewhere.

I'll give you tree fiddy for it rite nao

Thanks for the tip, but the only cables mine sells are phone chargers.

which do you have "hardward" or "system"?
System.

I mean I'll take a $25 system coupon if anyone has one they aren't using. Not gonna trade anything for it though, unless you happen to want a $25 tech coupon

coolrust, on 30 Oct 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

on retro like ps1 and xbox, do we still need to bring av cable?
PS1 and Xbox yes because all models came with that cable.

However, the genesis model 1 + the launch genesis model 2 did not come with a composite cable, so if you trade in that you should just need a RF. If they reject it you can argue with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58JRKLdWVPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JmUh1BQJOY

Ok I need this coupon in the next two hours.

The system coupon and in return i'll give you

a 40% bonus trade in coupon

a $25 GS code

I need this code in exactly 3 hours. Pm me if interested.

Does anyone know if GS still accepts psp games? Also, I have a stack of N64 games but most aren't showing up on the trade in website, will they still accept them?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back