GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well with PUR renewals they are offering a 1 year ticketclub.com membership and $10 off coupon.

The 10/20 promo did not count on certain sale items according to the fine print and I doubt it was helping their bottom line. The new CEO was from Home Depot and really showed how little he cares for his employees with most of his actions. The stock will continue to plummet.

I got burned a little by the used prices going back up to 55$. I bought 6 games Friday and then renewed 2 accounts for b2g1 coupons to move some credit to bestbuy. I figured I'll wait till Wednesday to return/rebuy with the b2g1 coupons in case one of the games went on sale ... nope.

Remember the whole thing I was saying about Insider info, this is one of those times where I was told before it was announced. The announcement is coming
Thank you. Glad I didn't go for Pokémon 40% last weekend.

Curious to see if retro gets the bonus too.

I got burned a little by the used prices going back up to 55$. I bought 6 games Friday and then renewed 2 accounts for b2g1 coupons to move some credit to bestbuy. I figured I'll wait till Wednesday to return/rebuy with the b2g1 coupons in case one of the games went on sale ... nope.
So can you not have 2 B2G1 coupons on one account at the same time or did you just want to renew on two accounts.

So has anyone had any luck trading in retro games and getting the 40% bonus towards Pokemon Sun/Moon? About to go try to trade an N64 console and 8 games in a few hours but it would be nice to know if I'm wasting my time beforehand, haha. I don't think there will be any problems, especially since the GameStop I frequent has pretty great employees for the most part, but figured I would ask.

Thanks in advance. :)

So has anyone had any luck trading in retro games and getting the 40% bonus towards Pokemon Sun/Moon? About to go try to trade an N64 console and 8 games in a few hours but it would be nice to know if I'm wasting my time beforehand, haha. I don't think there will be any problems, especially since the GameStop I frequent has pretty great employees for the most part, but figured I would ask.

It is YMMV on certain retro games. People have been having trouble with certain systems while others seem to get the bonus. Check past posts for details.

They are giving out 15,000 to 1 million points as a contest in the Washington DC area and maybe more areas. Good luck to everyone. There might be a sign in front of your store stating the contest is occurring which in retrospect I should of taken a picture of.

iKpjDt1.png

So has anyone had any luck trading in retro games and getting the 40% bonus towards Pokemon Sun/Moon? About to go try to trade an N64 console and 8 games in a few hours but it would be nice to know if I'm wasting my time beforehand, haha. I don't think there will be any problems, especially since the GameStop I frequent has pretty great employees for the most part, but figured I would ask.

what games?

So can you not have 2 B2G1 coupons on one account at the same time or did you just want to renew on two accounts.
If you renew 2 years at once on the same account you will only get one b2g1. From what's been reported in the past you would have to use the b2g1 coupon you currently have before renewing again to get a 2nd coupon.

I assume its 60% incuding PUR not before PUR.
Yes and I also stand corrected,

The 60% is TOMORROW (day or night I'm not sure but I'll bet on day unless there's a server reset in the middle of the evening which is not happening soooooo). CoD centered bonus I suppose. Call your store to make sure you're good for it though. My store is calling all Cod preorder customers but no coupon is required

The 60% is TOMORROW (day or night I'm not sure but I'll bet on day unless there's a server reset in the middle of the evening which is not happening soooooo). CoD centered bonus I suppose. Call your store to make sure you're good for it though. My store is calling all Cod preorder customers but no coupon is required
Didn't they do this for BF1 the day before it released?

I got a call earlier today but no mention of any trade bonus... Not even the current 20% or the $10 credit for COD.

Now this is GREAT!!

Nice, was about to trade a bunch of stuff over the weekend to get started on my PS4 Pro pre-order, guess I'll trade the first batch of accessories and stuff in tomorrow.

Man, I looked at the trade in values for the Retro games and they are unbelievably bad - even with the 60% bonus.

Thank you as always, Blackbeard for including them, though.

Has anyone seen any cheap Wii games at GameStop lately? I've plugged in my Wii after about a year and I remember some games being dirt cheap months ago, but then I remember someone posting that some of the games' prices were recently raised. I figure that if I can still buy the occasional PS3 game for 99 cents which I have in the past two weeks (Beatles: Rock Band and Buzz: Quiz World), there might still be some cheap Wii goodness to be had out there.

Time to look for the N64, games, and accessories I picked up cheap back in 2003. Looks like I have enough with some other games and my super old NES and SNES consoles to more than pay for another year of Pro. I was willing to let it lapse but if I can get it for free then I guess I'm back in. 40% bonus doesn't work on consoles, right? Dumb question.

Time to look for the N64, games, and accessories I picked up cheap back in 2003. Looks like I have enough with some other games and my super old NES and SNES consoles to more than pay for another year of Pro. I was willing to let it lapse but if I can get it for free then I guess I'm back in. 40% bonus doesn't work on consoles, right? Dumb question.
I could let you use a second account I own or someone else might be willing to lend you theirs. Bonuses don't work on consoles sadly.

GTA V's used price dropped, too. It's usually not that way.

$29.99 (new)/$27.99/$25.19

Still cheaper at BB with GCU but hey.
I purchased 3 copies this morning and I renewed my PRO membership. I'll go back in a couple of days to do the return/rebuy with the coupon. I'm all maxed out for buying/trading GTA's @ BB so I decided to trade them in to Target for $22.41 each.

I purchased 3 copies this morning and I renewed my PRO membership. I'll go back in a couple of days to do the return/rebuy with the coupon. I'm all maxed out for buying/trading GTA's @ BB so I decided to trade them in to Target for $22.41 each.
I'd wait till the B2G1 is over. Value was $29.xx last week (Target). But ymmv

I could let you use a second account I own or someone else might be willing to lend you theirs. Bonuses don't work on consoles sadly.
That's cool. Thanks anyway. If I have enough to cover the PRO sub I'll get it for the next year. I liked having it. I just like not spending $15 out of pocket more.

Has anyone seen any cheap Wii games at GameStop lately? I've plugged in my Wii after about a year and I remember some games being dirt cheap months ago, but then I remember someone posting that some of the games' prices were recently raised. I figure that if I can still buy the occasional PS3 game for 99 cents which I have in the past two weeks (Beatles: Rock Band and Buzz: Quiz World), there might still be some cheap Wii goodness to be had out there.
Yes they raised the $1.99, $2.99, $3.99 prices to $4.99 on Wii, 360, and PS3 games. There are still are $0.99 games left.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1398921973

Went to GS and successfully traded in an N64 console, 8 games, and 2 controllers with the 40% Pokemon Sun/Moon bonus + my PUR Pro bonus and got about $190 in total credit. After paying off Pokemon Sun completely and getting a $6 shirt, walked out with about $140 in total credit for stuff that had been gathering dust for years.

Pretty successful trade-in day IMO, haha. :)

My $10 coupon for CoD showed up during the 4 hours I was asleep.
I traded in a game last night towards my COD preorder and I got an offer today as well, however it says $10 off COD with trade, not $10 off COD. The wording seems to look like you'd have to trade another game with the coupon to get the $10 credit. In fact the small print says an Xbox one or PS4 game must be traded.

So not sure if my trade last night triggered the coupon, or if everyone got that offer and I should have waited until I got the coupon to do the trade.

I traded in a game last night towards my COD preorder and I got an offer today as well, however it says $10 off COD with trade, not $10 off COD. The wording seems to look like you'd have to trade another game with the coupon to get the $10 credit. In fact the small print says an Xbox one or PS4 game must be traded.

So not sure if my trade last night triggered the coupon, or if everyone got that offer and I should have waited until I got the coupon to do the trade.
I don't think that's the same coupon. I've got that one too and I haven't traded jack in the past couple weeks.

My coupon reads $10 off call of Duty infinite warfare.

Dug through my old games this morning looking for retro trades. I was actually kinda bummed to find I had so many complete in box. I mean, I would probably trade Ocarina, Majora, Donkey Kong Country, Sim City SNES, and Castlevania IV with the Sun/Moon boost if they were raw carts, but it feels like throwing money out the window to trade them in boxes....

Dug through my old games this morning looking for retro trades. I was actually kinda bummed to find I had so many complete in box. I mean, I would probably trade Ocarina, Majora, Donkey Kong Country, Sim City SNES, and Castlevania IV with the Sun/Moon boost if they were raw carts, but it feels like throwing money out the window to trade them in boxes....
You can keep the boxes...
This is the rare scenario where it isn't a dick move to keep the case because they will just throw them out.

You can keep the boxes...
This is the rare scenario where it isn't a dick move to keep the case because they will just throw them out.
What does one do with empty game boxes? Is there a market in the CAG sell/trade thread? I'm not interested in learning how to use ebay. Eh, I'll figure it out I guess.

The one I'm hemming over most is Twilight Princess for GC. eBay prices are obviously way higher than the GS trade value, but it seems like there's a better option. SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back