GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tons of confusion still on the $10 COD promo on GS Facebook. And then there's posts like this:

"Totally disappointed got a call because we reserved our game early telling us about the release party at GameStop that started at 6 went in they were just checking people out. I asked them what time they're released party started they said this is it we bought some pizzas but we're not bringing it on my own until after we eat and they really hadn't planned any release party. So if they hadn't planned to release party why did I get a call and have me waste my time driving 30 minutes up here to a religious party they aren't even having just to sit here with a disappointed 9 year old on a school night just to wait around and get a game at 11 o'clock. Last year they had a nice release party for everybody this year there are two girls working and a German Shepherd named cleo in the store. Very disappointed worst release party I've ever been invited to bring the kids to. Next time I believe I will be purchasing my game elsewhere."

Anyways, I told the GameStop employee what Confidance said and he said "Oh, you mean the super secret Confidance promo?" Then he gave me a wink and a hush and manually adjusted all my values up 60%. Extreme YMMV

Anyways, I told the GameStop employee what Confidance said and he said "Oh, you mean the super secret Confidance promo?" Then he gave me a wink and a hush and manually adjusted all my values up 60%. Extreme YMMV
Can't really give someone a hush, but okay. By that logic though I guess the free CoD with a PS4 is a Confidance promo too?

Can't really give someone a hush, but okay. By that logic though I guess the free CoD with a PS4 is a Confidance promo too?
Can you give people a 100000000000% trade in bonus at your store for your mistake. It would make a lot of people happy.

This Infinity Warfare Coupon might be abusable. It says the $10 store credit must be used on Infinity Warfare but if you get a gift receipt couldn't you get it back $10 store credit back. Then again it might not be stackable with Pokemon Moon/Sun Promo. I guess I'll take the plunge tomorrow and hope for the best.

Asked him if they had any copies of Destiny The Collection used(would be under the regular used sku) and he immediately said no and refused to look. Same with looking in the drawer for any steelbooks for Xbox.
So if my local Gamestop had a used copy of Destiny The Collection, it would be 5.99?

So does the $10 credit towards COD Infinite Warfare require a coupon? I'm a little concerned because I pre-ordered and haven't received one. The current ads for the promo make the offer seem universal...

I'm just really confused if it is limit 1 $10 off COD per person or if I bring in 4 games that are over $3 TIV will i get $40?

So if my local Gamestop had a used copy of Destiny The Collection, it would be 5.99?
Yes, for PS4.

So does the $10 credit towards COD Infinite Warfare require a coupon? I'm a little concerned because I pre-ordered and haven't received one. The current ads for the promo make the offer seem universal...
Yes. It's either a $10 off CoD coupon if you've already traded in, or $10 off with trade in if you haven't.

Tons of confusion still on the $10 COD promo on GS Facebook. And then there's posts like this:

"Totally disappointed got a call because we reserved our game early telling us about the release party at GameStop that started at 6 went in they were just checking people out. I asked them what time they're released party started they said this is it we bought some pizzas but we're not bringing it on my own until after we eat and they really hadn't planned any release party. So if they hadn't planned to release party why did I get a call and have me waste my time driving 30 minutes up here to a religious party they aren't even having just to sit here with a disappointed 9 year old on a school night just to wait around and get a game at 11 o'clock. Last year they had a nice release party for everybody this year there are two girls working and a German Shepherd named cleo in the store. Very disappointed worst release party I've ever been invited to bring the kids to. Next time I believe I will be purchasing my game elsewhere."
85089812.jpg

I traded in 2 copies of a bunch of retro items about a week and a half ago. How long do I need to wait before I can bring in more without getting flagged?

Some new retro price drops today... MK DD for $24.99 (before PUR and CAG16) is the notable deal...

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/games?nav=16k-3-vintage,28zu0,13ffff2418-162
Here are all the price / tiv changes today 99% was retro. 20 games / accessories got price drops, a bunch of games that did not have tiv on the webpage before got them, some games that had tiv before lost them, and lots of retro SKUs were changed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1738106291

The reason it is so cheap is because if the DLC code has already been redeemed then the only difference between that version of the game and the vanilla version (or any other version) is the artwork.

Of course you could always get lucky and find an unused code for all of the DLC, but I wouldn't count on it.

Was anyone able to preorder the NES Classic mini bundle at GameStop? I'm thinking about moving my Pokemon Moon preorder deposit to that since it's something that I actually want to buy.

Yes, for PS4.

Yes. It's either a $10 off CoD coupon if you've already traded in, or $10 off with trade in if you haven't.
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that the trade-in has to occur before the coupon appears, and that in my case (haven't traded yet), I'll get a $10 off anything coupon after I trade and pick up COD?

Picked up COD today.  Traded in The Crew for $3.30 towards purchase of COD.  She scanned the $10 off coupon in My Offers which took $10 off the COD price.  Also used my $20 off any new game from purchasing GOW4. 

You cannot use the $10 off coupon multiple times as it is void once used.

You can stack the $10 off offer and the $20 off coupon.

Forgot to mention it yesterday, but shout out to Peter Pan at the Taylor Square GS for being a useless douche canoe.

Asked him if they had any copies of Destiny The Collection used(would be under the regular used sku) and he immediately said no and refused to look. Same with looking in the drawer for any steelbooks for Xbox.
burn em!!!

Picked up COD today. Traded in The Crew for $3.30 towards purchase of COD. She scanned the $10 off coupon in My Offers which took $10 off the COD price. Also used my $20 off any new game from purchasing GOW4.

You cannot use the $10 off coupon multiple times as it is void once used.

You can stack the $10 off offer and the $20 off coupon.
was your cod paid off already? Mines already paid for

I just learned an important lesson when ordering from GS with trade credit: never cancel an order.  You have to spend an hour with them on the phone to get your credit back if you do.

In my GS APP got a popup to download The TRAIL mobile game. Anyone download it and get $ off coupon? Only reason I havent attempted is because I dont have space and to make space would take me 30-45mins.

I just learned an important lesson when ordering from GS with trade credit: never cancel an order. You have to spend an hour with them on the phone to get your credit back if you do.
yep, i didnt call but i did send multiple emails and they are completely clueless about what you are talking about. i think my credit eventually just showed up, but the reps were absolutely no help

yep, i didnt call but i did send multiple emails and they are completely clueless about what you are talking about. i think my credit eventually just showed up, but the reps were absolutely no help
Yep, I had $21 and change on a trade card, ordered a psn card for $20, they cancelled the order and I never saw the credit back.

This was earlier in the year, reps had no record of the order or any activity on the trade card. Never again.

They never respond to my polite emails so I called instead. The rep took care of it. Just a pain because you're always on hold for at least 30 mins, and he didn't know what I was talking about.

Yep, I had $21 and change on a trade card, ordered a psn card for $20, they cancelled the order and I never saw the credit back.

This was earlier in the year, reps had no record of the order or any activity on the trade card. Never again.
Wow I would be mad. This order was almost $300 so I wasn't going to give up. Too much work flipping for it to give up lol

Whoa, since when did Gamestop start accepting retro console and game trades? They'll accept most but not Gameboy Advance?

Hmm, either the Gamestop payment system is borked or I got some wonky ass gift cards.

Had a couple I got through a Samsung Pay promotion over the summer that I used and when I check the balance 2 out of 4 of them still have their full amount of them. Yet all the orders I used them on went through with no issue.

What are the odds of a trade-in bonus for consoles towards a PS4 pro? I have a pro pre-ordered and I'd like to offload my OG PS4, I just don't feel like dealing with the hassle of selling it on eBay right now.

What are the odds of a trade-in bonus for consoles towards a PS4 pro? I have a pro pre-ordered and I'd like to offload my OG PS4, I just don't feel like dealing with the hassle of selling it on eBay right now.
Hoping something gets announced this weekend, even if its only 25-50$ more (Which is the highest I could see it going).

Planning on trading mine in on Monday or Tuesday, not sure if I want to risk waiting till Wednesday

Anyone get banned for 4+ retro items yet? Trade multiples of games or consoles? Wondering if it's same policy since there "it could be stolen" BS would not make sense for retro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back