GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop usually isn't concerned about games being stolen from another person but stolen from some other store. Shoplifted. Very few retailers sell retro games and consoles, so I think their concern should be lessened.

Hoping something gets announced this weekend, even if its only 25-50$ more (Which is the highest I could see it going).

Planning on trading mine in on Monday or Tuesday, not sure if I want to risk waiting till Wednesday
My ps4 got a disc stuck in it for the 1st time tonight. When i did the manual screw thing the disc came out fine. But now my ps4 doesnt read discs.

If there is a trade in promo for the ps4 pro would i be able to trade in this ps4? And how much money would i lose as a refurb fee?

My ps4 got a disc stuck in it for the 1st time tonight. When i did the manual screw thing the disc came out fine. But now my ps4 doesnt read discs.

If there is a trade in promo for the ps4 pro would i be able to trade in this ps4? And how much money would i lose as a refurb fee?
I had the same issue with my disc drive. I got hit with a $50 refurbished fee.

Gamestop usually isn't concerned about games being stolen from another person but stolen from some other store. Shoplifted. Very few retailers sell retro games and consoles, so I think their concern should be lessened.
They might have less concern but I highly doubt they programmed different limits in their system. I'm sure any sku with too many trade ins will result in a ban.

So I have an old Xbox 360 lying around that I just never got the chance to sell. Gamestop currently has a promo where if you trade in an Xbox 360 you get $100 off a brand new Xbox One.

It seems they are also running a promotion where you get a free $60 Xbox One game in addition to the packaged game for all new Xbox One bundles being sold.

I already own an Xbox One but this seems like it would be worth it to upgrade as I essentially break even. Would anyone know if I can purchase the following bundle with both promotions working?

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-s-battlefield-1-500gb-console-bundle/136007#bonusFeatures

how has there not been a class action lawsuit against the .com?  I don't even know if Gamestop is it like a lot of other stores where the .com is considered it's own entity, but since I assume that cuts down on liability, I would say it is.   It's fine for me like 93% of the time, but that other 7% when something gets fucked up is such a horrible pain in the ass to try and make right.  I'm not sure if they either don't care or don't know what to do, but I feel like they just hope you'll hate dealing with them so much that you just stop caring about whatever they did wrong and give up.  

how has there not been a class action lawsuit against the .com? I don't even know if Gamestop is it like a lot of other stores where the .com is considered it's own entity, but since I assume that cuts down on liability, I would say it is. It's fine for me like 93% of the time, but that other 7% when something gets fucked up is such a horrible pain in the ass to try and make right. I'm not sure if they either don't care or don't know what to do, but I feel like they just hope you'll hate dealing with them so much that you just stop caring about whatever they did wrong and give up.
I think they are very short sighted but majority of their profitability and business comes from brick and mortar so I feel like they haven't invested in improving their .com presence and customer experience. I really think it's just not a priority.

Someday it's going to bite them in the ass though because they're basically stuck with a website that looks like it's from the early 2000s in terms of functionality and customer service.

So I have an old Xbox 360 lying around that I just never got the chance to sell. Gamestop currently has a promo where if you trade in an Xbox 360 you get $100 off a brand new Xbox One.

It seems they are also running a promotion where you get a free $60 Xbox One game in addition to the packaged game for all new Xbox One bundles being sold.

I already own an Xbox One but this seems like it would be worth it to upgrade as I essentially break even. Would anyone know if I can purchase the following bundle with both promotions working?

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-s-battlefield-1-500gb-console-bundle/136007#bonusFeatures
Where do you see this $100 for 360 promo?

Shit, that's what I get for looking at this early in the morning. Funny that they never took this down.

Yep. Fine print says 2015. Plus, I remember this promo, it caused me to get into a verbal argument with the asshole manager at my local GS (who is no longer with the company).

got an overwatch CE at my local GS for $80 (very luckily), and on the receipt it says i got a 10% discount for being a pro member (double lucky). So walked out with the CE for only $72 store credit. for those of you who wants to buy it, maybe your store still has it, I was checking online and it actually told me my store doesnt have it and when I walked in yesterday, I saw 2 X1 CEs and 1 PS4 CE on the shelves high above.

Picked up a cheap Wii from a garage sale. It only came with a Rock Candy controller. Will that work as the controller if I trade in at gamestop

got an overwatch CE at my local GS for $80 (very luckily), and on the receipt it says i got a 10% discount for being a pro member (double lucky). So walked out with the CE for only $72 store credit. for those of you who wants to buy it, maybe your store still has it, I was checking online and it actually told me my store doesnt have it and when I walked in yesterday, I saw 2 X1 CEs and 1 PS4 CE on the shelves high above.
For some reason those are pre-owned SKUs and won't show up as available on the website.

Picked up a cheap Wii from a garage sale. It only came with a Rock Candy controller. Will that work as the controller if I trade in at gamestop
No but a lot of seasonal hires sadly won't know any better. I would also avoid buying Pokemon games from them the bootlegs don't work on the 3DS sometimes, don't even have Nintendo etched into the back of the cart and are bootlegs. For those prices official or or boycott.

No but a lot of seasonal hires sadly won't know any better. I would also avoid buying Pokemon games from them the bootlegs don't work on the 3DS sometimes, don't even have Nintendo etched into the back of the cart and are bootlegs. For those prices official or or boycott.
website shows some local stores have soulsiver and heartgold in stock. I assume they are bootleg, but have they gotten convincing enough for it to be hard to tell?

website shows some local stores have soulsiver and heartgold in stock. I assume they are bootleg, but have they gotten convincing enough for it to be hard to tell?
I haven't really dealt with them frequently I know some employees do trade them in who I rather not name but they aren't hard to tell unless you buy the higher end ones with a lower profit margin included. One way is the engraving in the back another is the motherboard with a sd card or memory module inside and the visible portion of the motherboard. Opening it is the sure way to tell if it is a bootleg though. Some of them also have the Nintendo seal of quality and rating swapped or one or both missing as some examples. Oh and the sticker might be sloppy placed and some letters

may be smaller or larger then usual.

the legit versions of Soulsilver and Heartgold both are in a dark red translucent cartridge(appears like its solid black until you look at it in the light). Also the first 4 numbers on the back should match the middle numbers on the front label.

I think they are very short sighted but majority of their profitability and business comes from brick and mortar so I feel like they haven't invested in improving their .com presence and customer experience. I really think it's just not a priority.

Someday it's going to bite them in the ass though because they're basically stuck with a website that looks like it's from the early 2000s in terms of functionality and customer service.
it just takes a quick search to see that they LOVE to steal people's GS Credit from them - there are so many threads/posts/blogs/compaints about this. It's pretty amazing GS is able to continue to pull their bullshit and get away with it. I"m guessing it's because there's zero accountability for their customer service reps. In store I never have an issue, online orders are a different story.

Just heard a commercial for GS Pro Day happening November 12th. No details were stated.
Found it on the GS site. Thanks for mentioning it, but the last one that they had was a shit storm (employees clueless about the sales).

257x257_ProDay.jpg

Dying waiting for the pspro! Glad to see Pokemon has a promo still going for extra credit. Itd be nice to see a %50 trade in promo towards the pro though, hopefully that happens this week. Already sold my ps4 for $250

I was able to get titan fall 2, battlefield 1, and Deus ex all for the ps4 for 65 total.

Easy flip to Gamestop or BB

For some reason those are pre-owned SKUs and won't show up as available on the website.
Yep that's how I got my PS4 CE, it just showed up randomly to my usual store and the Pro discount worked on it also. They have a XB1 version still (I got my PS4 CE about 3 months ago,) but it's a new game that doesn't get the 10% off.

I'm wondering if it was a returned CE to the website as it was sealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back