GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW...just a friendly warning to those of you contemplating trading in a 3DS in hopes of snagging a 99 dollar one on BF. From everything read and reported so far in multiple threads so far I would think twice about doing it. The stock on those 99 dollar 3dses sounds extreamly low and they are only being made specifically for BF so once they are gone they are gone. And with the nes classic and how scalpers wanna get their hands on anything that is Nintendo right now, I would honestly suggest not trading in your 3ds unless you have an extra one lying around or just dont want it anymore.
Thanks for that info, though I'm more than likely gonna try and get one when it goes on sale Wed night at BBY.com I haven't used my old 3ds so really its only collecting dust here.

Edit: Side note, do you guys think $40 is worth it to upgrade a iPad Mini 4 16GB to 32GB? They're on sale at BBY for $275 and gamestop is giving $165 base for it, plus its the same with the 3ds where it would be a new product for minimal extra cost.

If they normally put your ID through a scanner, you will not be able to use a passport book. They do not fit.
Only my home town uses an ID for trade-ins and they just punch in the license number. I have a passport card when I had to drive into Canada a few years back, so I assume that would work?

Has anyone tried trading in any retro games to see if the 50% would apply? I'm thinking of trading in Mario Sunshine. (Can someone with the Gamestop app tell me the listed value? It's not on the website.)

Do I need a charging cable or anything else to tradein a DS lite or DSi?

edit: nevermind, it's in the description when I looked up the trade value.

Ended up trading in GOW4 for the $1 call of duty game.  They had to override it to make it a $1 since the system kept saying I owed $8.40.  It wasn't sealed, just had the xbox sticker over the side.  Opened it up and there are finger prints all over the bottom of the disc.  I don't feel bad I screwed Gamestop over with the boomerrangs now.

If anyone lives near a Meijer, you can possibly get Driveclub VR for $10, and trade it to Gamestop for $23 credit.

The Black Friday full week ad in store should show the game at $9.99. Online ad shows it's the regular game.

When you ring up the price it will show up as $40, but a manager override can fix that if you show them the physical ad (YMMV)

Guy at GS gave me the $5 coupon on my trade without me having to ask. :)
Samesies. Didn't get one before I left, but with the picture in tow gonna trade in the copy of GOW and the S controller and sell off the GOW codes. The SE GOW4 controller will be on sale for 54 including the red one so that's what i have my eye on.

Out the door spent $150 for the white TB S. After trading the above in theory it will be less. Still a great deal imo. Could've traded more like my Vita but all good

Samesies. Didn't get one before I left, but with the picture in tow gonna trade in the copy of GOW and the S controller and sell off the GOW codes. The SE GOW4 controller will be on sale for 54 including the red one so that's what i have my eye on.

Out the door spent $150 for the white TB S. After trading the above in theory it will be less. Still a great deal imo. Could've traded more like my Vita but all good
All controllers except elite will be $40 at the microsoft store. Debating buying the red console or just a white 500GB and a red controller

Well i have been blessed by the GS gods, my main account was off trade hold tonight. Traded in $400 worth of stuff tonight.  Looking at taking my ipad mini 2 tomorrow for $120 as i don't use it much anymore and plan to upgrade maybe this week with BF. 

$33 for my original Xbox and $12.75 for my PS one which is more than what i paid for both of them and $60 for my old PS3.

Transformers devastation is not bad as its cheap flip from RB and trades in for $6.40

What is the max limit to accumulate Trade-in credit? I might be close to $1k since April for the year. If I remember correctly, there's only a limit for within 30days. I get most of my credit on trade cards but is there a limit for the PUR account?

What is the max limit to accumulate Trade-in credit? I might be close to $1k since April for the year. If I remember correctly, there's only a limit for within 30days. I get most of my credit on trade cards but is there a limit for the PUR account?
I think its somewhere between 1000 and 1500.

"Why are you trading in Xenoverse 2 so early?"

"You have enough points for a $100 coupon FYIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

"Wow, you've saved over $1,000 with your Pro membership this year!"

Bro, leave me alone and just do the trade in.

I have an old Nintendo DS lite lying around but it's missing the stylus, does anyone know if I need to have it for the trade?
You're supposed to have the stylus but from my experience, a lot of stores have an extra pack of styluses (styli?) behind the counter that they use for DS systems that don't have one.

You're supposed to have the stylus but from my experience, a lot of stores have an extra pack of styluses (styli?) behind the counter that they use for DS systems that don't have one.
Ok, I guess it's worth a shot since I'll be trading some other stuff in as well.

"Why are you trading in Xenoverse 2 so early?"

"You have enough points for a $100 coupon FYIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

"Wow, you've saved over $1,000 with your Pro membership this year!"

Bro, leave me alone and just do the trade in.
Had the same thing tonight. These flippin' guys. All that you mentioned plus "Your PUR doesn't expire for TWO years! Man you just go that hard, or what?"
Me: uhhh GameStop just had a deal to re-up on Pro day where you got a future 50% trade coupon and possibly an extra b2g1"
Dude:Really? They didn't tell us about that! Why don't they tell us these things??"

(it was in the flyer that week too, lol)

Had the same thing tonight. These flippin' guys. All that you mentioned plus "Your PUR doesn't expire for TWO years! Man you just go that hard, or what?"
Me: uhhh GameStop just had a deal to re-up on Pro day where you got a future 50% trade coupon and possibly an extra b2g1"
Dude:Really? They didn't tell us about that! Why don't they tell us these things??"

(it was in the flyer that week too, lol)
Literacy, it's just not for Game Associates anymore.

Also I realized how BS some of their quotas are. It is not in their control how many people come in to trade stuff. When I traded in a PS4 and a XB1, the guy had the biggest sigh of relief because I helped him reach his quota.

Also I realized how BS some of their quotas are. It is not in their control how many people come in to trade stuff. When I traded in a PS4 and a XB1, the guy had the biggest sigh of relief because I helped him reach his quota.
Read the Gamestop reddit. Employees that post there paint a bleak picture of what the company expects of them.

Hmmm...$208 for a 1TB Xbox One, might trade it in and upgrade it to a S. Almost even for a 500gb S if I traded Gears or War 4 back in.

Okay guys, kinda of a noobish question. I have a bunch of Dreamcast games that are really scratched. Nothing you can put your fingernail in or anything. Do they charge refurb on retro or not?

Also why do I keep seeing $208 for my 1tb Xbox One? Wouldn't it just be $195? Am I missing something?

Okay guys, kinda of a noobish question. I have a bunch of Dreamcast games that are really scratched. Nothing you can put your fingernail in or anything. Do they charge refurb on retro or not?

Also why do I keep seeing $208 for my 1tb Xbox One? Wouldn't it just be $195? Am I missing something?
You're right pur bonus don't stack on console. It would be $195.

They incorrectly assume you can get an extra 10% for being Pro. I just traded in an XB1 1TB and got $195.

Ah my bad, still a decent deal. I'm leaning towards trading it in.
No problem, I was just confused. My plan is to trade it in tomorrow with some accessories and some old games I have lying around and upgrade to the Battlefield bundle. I already have the game so I'll just trade BF1 back in. Wonder if they'll let me do it in the same transaction......

All controllers except elite will be $40 at the microsoft store. Debating buying the red console or just a white 500GB and a red controller
I'm doing the white with the red. Red console doesn't do it for me. Gears will be outdated in a few years and by then I would have traded in the controller for whatever is next. Certainly not doing another console trade in until Scorpio which is a big maybe depending on the price.

Definitely YMMV but I traded in a shot copy of Smash Bros Melee that looked like someone cut the back with a knife and they still took it. Just ask if they can add a refurb fee to it which they can't because they have to add one that doesn't take any off. It would vary by store though.

Definitely YMMV but I traded in a shot copy of Smash Bros Melee that looked like someone cut the back with a knife and they still took it. Just ask if they can add a refurb fee to it which they can't because they have to add one that doesn't take any off. It would vary by store though.
Wow, that's funny. Thank you for the tip though.

No problem, I was just confused. My plan is to trade it in tomorrow with some accessories and some old games I have lying around and upgrade to the Battlefield bundle. I already have the game so I'll just trade BF1 back in. Wonder if they'll let me do it in the same transaction......
I think I'm going to trade in my vita and dreamcast as well.

Just explain it and I'm sure they will. When I traded in my elite console he let me use the controller in the Gears console as the trade in controller and he let me trade in the Gears copy since I already have it.

Wow trading in consoles takes forever.
Not if the person is intelligent.

If anyone lives near a Meijer, you can possibly get Driveclub VR for $10, and trade it to Gamestop for $23 credit.

The Black Friday full week ad in store should show the game at $9.99. Online ad shows it's the regular game.

When you ring up the price it will show up as $40, but a manager override can fix that if you show them the physical ad (YMMV)
Hmm...I DO live near a Meijer...

Did anyone who traded more than one retro console at a time get banned?
Why would you?

Ah my bad, still a decent deal. I'm leaning towards trading it in.
I keep waffling on it, too. However, since GameStop has not shit for BF console deals (like the GC and free stuff elsewhere), I don't know that I want to be tied up in $300+ in GS credit when the last time I shopped there, it was a year or so ago. If I knew I could get the New 3DS deal there, I'd be more likely to go for it and buy a One S elsewhere. Hoping those are online, not going out at 5 AM for the thing.

i apologize in advance because i'm sure someone else has already answered this, but can you still buy phone cards/restaurant cards/gas cards with gamestop trade credit?  i know they stopped doing ebay/amazon.  thanks...

Not if the person is intelligent.

Hmm...I DO live near a Meijer...

Why would you?

I keep waffling on it, too. However, since GameStop has not shit for BF console deals (like the GC and free stuff elsewhere), I don't know that I want to be tied up in $300+ in GS credit when the last time I shopped there, it was a year or so ago. If I knew I could get the New 3DS deal there, I'd be more likely to go for it and buy a One S elsewhere. Hoping those are online, not going out at 5 AM for the thing.
Doubtful on their online availability. BestBuy ran the deal online for MyBB Elite and their deal gave a free version of Fallout 4 and took $20 off an extra controller. Likewise the $30 games with $4.99 XBL Gold was also not in effect. In other words you're gonna have to go out there and as far as I know it's gonna be a ticketed thing.

That's why I'm cool with going to GameStop. Don't like it very much, but sure beats being out there and the branded backpack is pretty snazzy even though my store only had 1 which I scooped up on account of a short shipment. I expect the same thing to happen at BB since the controller that's free is only the all blue exclusive BB one and no one knows how many they have in stock. Surely not 50 of em

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back