GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
How and why are people still going on about kinects... Youd have to pay me to bring one of those home.
Bit old, but wanted to give my cents regarding this. While the Kinect isn't very good for games, it's a pretty cool way to control your media and to turn the system on. I used to own one and it was nice just being able to say "Xbox On" and have it do so. Felt futuristic. It was especially sweet to use with Netflix, Blu Ray and YouTube. No need to have the controller on wasting batteries when you can just use your voice.

It also worked well with Xbox Fitness, though I wonder if that's still going.

Think there will be any flips for best buy b2g1? Seems a little slim without any sales or trade promos going on.

Last edited:
So with a birthday coupon and a discounted $10 cert I could get Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for about $23. I here the DLC plan is extensive so it gives me pause to just wait on a complete edition.
Yes it would be 23.40$ pre tax. Not bad if you're going to play it right away , if not I'd wait. A 55$ used title using the same scenario would come out to 30.60$ pre tax.

If anyone is fortunate enough to have a bday coupon or is getting one next month the 20% comes off before pur $ off coupons. Also the 5$ extra trade coupon is still working.
So I did not get the same stacking for my coupons. Got Watch Dogs 2 for $32.39 (no tax on trade in IN). My promo went dollar off, birthday coupon and then 10% off. I gave him the birthday first an then $ off. Not a huge deal but it may be YMMV. The promo code for my birthday coupon is #18863.

20% EXTRA TRADE CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE TOWARD:
WATCH DOGS 2
DEAD RISING 4
LAST GUARDIAN,
POKEMON SUN OR MOON
DISHONORED 2
FINAL FANTASY X
Anyone know the base for watch dogs 2 , can't seem to find it on the app or website?
wait is this extra 20% still going on? The website says thru 11/16 at the bottom so i thought this was over?

Or is there a different 20% extra that i dont know about? I think the general 20% extra ended black friday weekend or am i wrong?

Basically i am wondering if there is still any 20% going on since people are mentioning it?

wait is this extra 20% still going on? The website says thru 11/16 at the bottom so i thought this was over?

Or is there a different 20% extra that i dont know about? I think the general 20% extra ended black friday weekend or am i wrong?

Basically i am wondering if there is still any 20% going on since people are mentioning it?
20% extra when you trade towards the titles mentioned...

I noticed StubHub at GS and would like to pick up tickets as a gift. I also noticed they've got them available at the website. Has anyone tried these with trade in credit?
Tonight at Best Buy I bought 2 Stubhub gift cards with BB gift cards. I received a free $5 BB gift card. Receipt shows it split $2.50 per stubhub card so you may only need to buy 1 to get it. I couldn't find anything published about it.

I might be needing some gamestop store credit on Friday. Needing about $400 worthe of store credit. If you're planning on selling the store credit you have, let me know.

So I did not get the same stacking for my coupons. Got Watch Dogs 2 for $32.39 (no tax on trade in IN). My promo went dollar off, birthday coupon and then 10% off. I gave him the birthday first an then $ off. Not a huge deal but it may be YMMV. The promo code for my birthday coupon is #18863.
That's strange I gave the the bday coupon first (same promo code) and then $ off coupons and I got the 20% before coupons. Funny thing is I also got Watchdogs 2.

Tonight at Best Buy I bought 2 Stubhub gift cards with BB gift cards. I received a free $5 BB gift card. Receipt shows it split $2.50 per stubhub card so you may only need to buy 1 to get it. I couldn't find anything published about it.
Spend $50 on certain entertainment gift cards (like Hulu, netflix, stub hub, fandango, etc) get a $5 gift card.

Watch Dogs 2 should still be $25 base at least it was during the 50% trade in period. Final Fantasy is sadly $30 at Best Buy. Guess $30 is the new $40.

Watch Dogs 2 should still be $25 base at least it was during the 50% trade in period. Final Fantasy is sadly $30 at Best Buy. Guess $30 is the new $40.
Doubt it. Titanfall was $40 base at launch at Best Buy plus Best Buy is probably just prepping for the b2g1.

So I've been trying to use my stash of GS credit on a white 3ds..

I had a page monitor refreshing the product page for about a day and now it seems my ip is blocked from the entire site.  Anyone know how long this lasts?  Thanks

Do Pokémon game usually reach 30 trade in during 50% bonus? I converted 75,000 point on cyber Monday and so far I picked up pokemon sun a d alpha omega. Debating should I get more

Do Pokémon game usually reach 30 trade in during 50% bonus? I converted 75,000 point on cyber Monday and so far I picked up pokemon sun a d alpha omega. Debating should I get more
All mainline DS and 3DS games been 20 base for the last 50% bonus and the Pokémon Sun/Moon 40% bonus, so chances are they'll stay that high. Except HG, SS, and Platinum, which have been $25 base

Also, has anyone used their Cyber Monday PUR coupons yet? I used mine yesterday and they're still under my Active Offers on the app... should I try to use them again?

Also, has anyone used their Cyber Monday PUR coupons yet? I used mine yesterday and they're still under my Active Offers on the app... should I try to use them again?
I used two yesterday on a CIB Pokémon White 2 and they disappeared from my active offers by the time I got to my car lol I'd give it a try and report back

That happened to me last year with these Cyber Monday coupons. I was able to use one coupon 3 times (3 separate stores in one day) before it disappeared.

Is there a 50% bonus coming soon? I see people talking about it but no dates.. or is it somewhere else

Anyone gotten there black friday orders?

The shipping info they sent last friday for both orders still say Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Items my first order says supposed to be delivered friday according to narvar tracking should i contact gamestop?

by any chance, what time did you use them? The same happened to me on a wednesday before.
I first used them right around 3pm EST yesterday. Just used them at 4:50pm EST today and they worked, but now they have disappeared from my active offers. So 8,000 rewards points yielded $40 in savings... not bad

That happened to me last year with these Cyber Monday coupons. I was able to use one coupon 3 times (3 separate stores in one day) before it disappeared.
What I recall that actually occurred was that if you used more than one denomination in a single transaction, the one that had the highest value was the only one that was considered "used". So in theory, if you ordered one of each, you'd be able to use them the following amount of times if you presented them all in each subsequent purchase:

$25 x 1 (= first purchase only)

$15 x 2 (= first and second purchases)

$10 x 3 (= first, second and third purchases)

$5 x 4 (= first, second, third and last purchase)

I was hoping that was going to be the case this time but it looks like they may have fixed that glitch.

Is there a 50% bonus coming soon? I see people talking about it but no dates.. or is it somewhere else
I think that's a reference to either wishful thinking or those that renewed their PUR during pro day a couple weeks back. Supposedly, there will be a coupon or offer for 50% bonus sometime in January....forgot the specific dates.

Got $155 in used certs from cyber monday...now I need games to buy within the next month x.x

There is nothing around me I want.  Maybe buy, if it comes complete, return and rebuy?

I bought some stuff on Black Friday off the website with trade credit. Is it true if I return it in store they'll give me cash back? I want the trade credit back and not a gift card so I can get something and not pay tax but if they give me cash I can live with that too.
So I tried to do this but I can't really give a good answer because she was definitely not confident in what she was doing. She understood what I was trying to do but I think it wasn't even wanting to refund me the full amount, just the MSRP. She ended up just saying the best thing to do is to call a certain number and have them put the amount back on the card (lol). So I might try again tomorrow. If the number she gave me is the generic GameStop number I'm probably fucked.

I would love to know from some of you who are banned currently or in the past how high is your trade volumes.  I was looking at my trade log (normal right?) and I have about 500 trades to Best Buy in the last 5 years and about 500 to GameStop in the last 4.  I have my original GCU and PUR accounts and never been banned. Is that normal?

Bad news for people hoarding Pokémon's with points waiting for a 50% bonus , X and Y dropped to 18$. Watch Dogs 2 is 15$ base.
I have faith my Pokemon's will net me some credit in the future. I got 6 different Pokemon's, 3 duplicates of X and I'm trying to score Moon and sun with my cyber Monday certificates. Hopefully I can find more Pokemon's but it's hard to find any Ds games this time of the year

Rant incoming don't read if you hate complaining.
Okay I'm fuckin possess I also need help figuring out if I was being lied to by this stupid gamestop employee. I put Dragon ball Fusions on hold yesterday at 5:15PM and come to the store to pick it up today. This dude looks in ONE section and I know it's not their usual section for where they put holds but who knows, they could've just moved the spots. I just went into the store and asked for my game and like I said he goes and checks one spot and says they don't have it anymore. I tell him I put it on hold so why don't you have it anymore and he says that holds only last for the 24 hours in the day of placing the hold. Is this BS or the truth? I'm just pissed because I drove 30 mins for this god damn game and the next closest one is 25 miles away. So was I lied to by a lazy employee didn't wanna look or do holds really only last til end of day? fuck man
/rant
Hmmm depends on the store. I just put a copy of FFXV used on hold here in DTLA and they said they're keeping it till end of day tomorrow. Perhaps, because its a little late, but I figured otherwise since the last time I did a recent release used hold my copy of UC4 got picked up by someone else and the same excuses came flying about.

Which leads me to my next point I fuck by not getting those used certificates during the promo. I thought to myself when will a copy of FFXV come out within the next week or so for me to pick up. Literally two days after. Gonna have to dip into my trade credit reserves for this puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back