GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait arent these $5 trade in coupons still valid? I have 2 left. Both are signed and dated 11/25 and 11/27. Gamestops around me would have to honor those tomorrow right since they are within the signed 2 weeks deadline?
Did they have to be signed and dated? I thought it was a generic code.

A used copy of Pokémon Sun and Moon showed up at a local GS for sale today. Rushed over and picked them up with my cyber Monday reward certs. Used a $25 and $10 on each and only paid $2 out of pocket! Will go perfect with my daughter's N3DS Mario Black I got for her for Christmas, then once she gets sick of t I'm confident that I'll get $30+ trade value each when a 50% promo pops up.

Can anyone link me to the Gamestop holiday return policy? I can't seem to find it on the site.
same

Any new product you purchase from us between October 1 and December 24, 2016 may be returned with a receipt before
January 15, 2017.
Product must be in resale condition.
Package for new product must be unopened.

damn only new products fudge

Last edited by a moderator:
PSA: Can confirm that online orders where you used trade credit return for cash in store.
I feel like this varies by state and maybe even by store. Any more details about this? Seems like a decent way to gradually cash out if it works everywhere.

PSA: Can confirm that online orders where you used trade credit return for cash in store.
Damn it! Now I feel obligated to buy a :ps4: PRO online and return it to a store just to try it out lol

So many questions though. I'll probably just end up trying to buy some Starbucks, Chipotle, and Hulu gift cards with my credit

I bought a new game in-store with trade credit and returned it at the same store without a receipt (same store can track your purchases through your account) and got cash back.

It seems to be YMMV. I've returned a couple orders and I've receive cash, back to trade credit, and onto a gift card - guess it's YMMV on the employee or system? Interesting though

Uh oh can see the lurker horde incoming...

rip-ty.gif

I've had this happen before. I've also had returns, bought with store credit, be returned in the form of cash. The only explanation I've ever gotten was something with the taxes.

To answer everyone's questions, the dude who did the return said that the register prompts automatically. He didn't even ask what I originally paid with, I told him after and he shrugged and said he wouldn't have been able to change it if he wanted.

A used copy of Pokémon Sun and Moon showed up at a local GS for sale today. Rushed over and picked them up with my cyber Monday reward certs. Used a $25 and $10 on each and only paid $2 out of pocket! Will go perfect with my daughter's N3DS Mario Black I got for her for Christmas, then once she gets sick of t I'm confident that I'll get $30+ trade value each when a 50% promo pops up.
Ahhh. You found the elusive gift that keeps on giving. Good job!

Have we not all learned by now that their system is random and defies all logic? Why would it randomly insist on giving you $2.XX in one form and the rest in another and you didn't use either of those to pay if it wasn't?

Technically without a receipt you could get cash back or a gift card. Without a receipt though you are suppose to get a gift card. Online orders usually are just cash.

Have we not all learned by now that their system is random and defies all logic? Why would it randomly insist on giving you $2.XX in one form and the rest in another and you didn't use either of those to pay if it wasn't?
I had a trade in a couple weeks ago where I got trade credit but they gave me a penny back as cash.

The more you guys post about it the more likely it gets fixed -_-

Sooo how about that McRib? It's baaaaack. Tried to eat one a couple years ago but it made me puke so meh

I used a $25 and a $15 Cyber Monday certificate on a game a couple days ago, but the coupons were still in my active offers even after they were used. I ended up using them again today. This time they were instantly removed from my active offers. I wish I knew for sure or understood what caused this. I remember people posting about this happening before. Maybe because I did a return in the first transaction? Or maybe because I bought a few other games in the first transaction? I have no idea. 

I used a $25 and a $15 Cyber Monday certificate on a game a couple days ago, but the coupons were still in my active offers even after they were used. I ended up using them again today. This time they were instantly removed from my active offers. I wish I knew for sure or understood what caused this. I remember people posting about this happening before. Maybe because I did a return in the first transaction? Or maybe because I bought a few other games in the first transaction? I have no idea.
The day it happened to me last year the website and app were bogged down (Black Friday). So just wait until gamestop gets another shipment of NES Classics.

Wednesday?

Just wondering if anyone had any credit movers to Best Buy from GS? I checked the spreadsheet but the GS-BB sheet is empty.

I'll just chime in and say that I bought an iPad last summer using trade credit, and the manager doing the return made certain that I received trade credit back.I remember it being a pain in the ass for him though, so YMMV. I'd imagine returning as cash would be easiest. 

Just wondering if anyone had any credit movers to Best Buy from GS? I checked the spreadsheet but the GS-BB sheet is empty.
Spend $15/15k points for the PUR PRO renewal and then use the B2G1 coupon to buy 3 Infinite Warfare games for Xbox One or 2 Infinite Warfare games and 1 Skyrim SE. You should come out ahead either way.

Spend $15/15k points for the PUR PRO renewal and then use the B2G1 coupon to buy 3 Infinite Warfare games for Xbox One or 2 Infinite Warfare games and 1 Skyrim SE. You should come out ahead either way.
Nice, thanks BB. If I go to the store and renew now, I need to wait 24hr or so for it to popup in my account, right?

They are supposed to be signed and dated, i have actually never received one that wasnt. But yeah i got away using the pic/code a couple of times
None of my local GS stores would accept the screenshot of the coupon, they required me to have the actual coupon signed and dated, maybe its just my area though
Oh, ok. I remember they gave out those coupons during that sale a few weeks ago. I used the code/pic from one. How do we get them now?

Oh, ok. I remember they gave out those coupons during that sale a few weeks ago. I used the code/pic from one. How do we get them now?
I've been given them randomly here and there. Doesn't seem to be any particular transaction over the 3 or 4 stores I've been to since pro day.

I was one of those who got a Kinect Black Friday weekend with the pur coupon for just sales tax, finally got in the adapter from MS for the XB1S today and set the thing up, but it doesn't respond to any voice commands.

None of my local GS stores would accept the screenshot of the coupon, they required me to have the actual coupon signed and dated, maybe its just my area though
I usually make up a story of how I forgot my coupon at home and my wife sent me a text with the picture and code. Sounds like I'm doing too much but it works

I was one of those who got a Kinect Black Friday weekend with the pur coupon for just sales tax, finally got in the adapter from MS for the XB1S today and set the thing up, but it doesn't respond to any voice commands.
Could be a setting? I think you can turn that on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back