GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposedly. I haven't double checked it but a friend said they finally got around to adding it. It was on their road map for fall I believe.
Nice! Survival mode should be awesome. I traded in my copy to Best Buy for $27.20 right after I purchased the Ps4 slim. I'll wait for a complete/GOTY edition

My xbone 1tb black is trading for $130 without bonus $50 then we have $80 off one s bundle with minecraft and extra controller bringing it down to $220 this is a no brainer $40 upgrade I don't care about the 500gb play most of my games on pc anyways. If you consider the cost of controller and game my upgrade is free really.
if you get the xbox one for $220, could you report that back to us? as well as if they had to manually override anything to get that price.

I think you have to buy a new copy of the telltale minecraft game as well dont you?
...and an extra controller. The $80 off coupon requires you buy 3 things: an xbox one console (any new) + one of two specific xbox one controllers + telltale minecraft

I'm not sure if that's referring to the free bonus controller, though. It probably is...

My xbone 1tb black is trading for $130 without bonus $50 then we have $80 off one s bundle with minecraft and extra controller bringing it down to $220 this is a no brainer $40 upgrade I don't care about the 500gb play most of my games on pc anyways. If you consider the cost of controller and game my upgrade is free really.
A) Plus the $30 cost of Minecraft Story.

B) Not sure if the free controller they are throwing in with systems right now would work in lieu of the required controller purchase to use the coupon. If you try it out and it does work without buying a second additional controller, please let us know.

if you get the xbox one for $220, could you report that back to us? as well as if they had to manually override anything to get that price.
I'm pretty sure you have to buy the xbone, buy a controller and buy minecraft story in order to save $80.

also mentions only 2 SKU's of xbone controllers qualify.

I'm pretty sure you have to buy the xbone, buy a controller and buy minecraft story in order to save $80. so your basically getting the controller for $50 and minecraft for $30 for free (the $80 off) and paying full price on the console.

also mentions it's only on 2 SKU's of xbone qualify.
yeah, that was just my polite non internet forum way of telling him he wasnt going to get the console for $220. though i think the 2 skus is for the controllers, basically only the black or white ones. also in the email they sent they assigned $60 to the controller and $20 to minecraft story mode, meaning you have to pay $10 for that on top of the console price.

Valid 12/4 – 12/10 for Pro members. Only on new XB1 consoles, select (2 SKUS) XB1 controllers and new XB1 Minecraft Story Mode: Complete Adventure game. GameStop reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice

main problem with this coupon is that it pretty much guarantees that 12/11 is the date for the rumored $50 price drop on the xbox one s consoles again. so if you buy this (assuming you pay $310) you really end up paying more unless you just really want an extra controller and minecraft story mode.

I haven't been in the market to offload my WiiU but with the Switch on the horizon and nothing new for WiiU that is a must I am thinking of taking the $125 + $50 for my launch 32GB WiiU. Seems like a decent return.

I haven't been in the market to offload my WiiU but with the Switch on the horizon and nothing new for WiiU that is a must I am thinking of taking the $125 + $50 for my launch 32GB WiiU. Seems like a decent return.
I was thinking the same thing. Gamestop is selling the used ones for $250, so that seems pretty reasonable. My only hangup is the collection of digital games/Club Nintendo reward games I have on that console. I'm doing some soul searching as to whether I'm really going to play any of those ever again...

Yeah I'm finishing off my last Xbox one infinite warfare trade today, I have a strong feeling that TIV is going to tank hard. 

Starting Sunday Best Buy is gonna have Infinite Warfare on sale for $39.99, so they're probably gonna drop the trade in value for it Saturday since iirc they always do it a day or two early
Yeah, my area has a low supply of used IW's. I'm getting my trade ins done today. I'll go back on Saturday with my receipt

for the $80 xb1 offer, keep in mind what the coupon says

Valid 12/4 – 12/10 for Pro members. Only on new XB1 consoles, select (2 SKUS) XB1 controllers and new XB1 Minecraft Story Mode: Complete Adventure game. GameStop reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

to me that reads as buy an xbox one, TWO controllers, and minecraft story mode to get the $80 discount.  The two controllers are gonna be $59.99 each (i assume only the black and white S ones work) so any savings the $80 coupon is completely erased, plus the $30 minecraft game.

Still $50 extra card when you trade in a ps4, wii u, or xbox one is pretty good.  Pops a 500GB Ps4 up to $175, not quite as good as the $187.50 from two weeks ago but thats not available anymore.  

Unfortunately no deal on a PS4Pro it seems, just regular $399.99 with no free game.  A Slim Ps4 tho gets you a 1 year PS+ as a bonus.

Valid 12/4 – 12/10 for Pro members. Only on new XB1 consoles, select (2 SKUS) XB1 controllers and new XB1 Minecraft Story Mode: Complete Adventure game. GameStop reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

to me that reads as buy an xbox one, TWO controllers, and minecraft story mode to get the $80 discount. The two controllers are gonna be $59.99 each (i assume only the black and white S ones work) so any savings the $80 coupon is completely erased, plus the $30 minecraft game.

Still $50 extra card when you trade in a ps4, wii u, or xbox one is pretty good. Pops a 500GB Ps4 up to $175, not quite as good as the $187.50 from two weeks ago but thats not available anymore.

Unfortunately no deal on a PS4Pro it seems, just regular $399.99 with no free game. A Slim Ps4 tho gets you a 1 year PS+ as a bonus.
I don't think they expect you to buy an additional 2 controllers for a total of 3.

Just that only two SKU's (pick one) will work with this promo. Likely Black or White like others have said.

to me that reads as buy an xbox one, TWO controllers, and minecraft story mode to get the $80 discount. The two controllers are gonna be $59.99 each (i assume only the black and white S ones work) so any savings the $80 coupon is completely erased, plus the $30 minecraft game.

Still $50 extra card when you trade in a ps4, wii u, or xbox one is pretty good. Pops a 500GB Ps4 up to $175, not quite as good as the $187.50 from two weeks ago but thats not available anymore.

Unfortunately no deal on a PS4Pro it seems, just regular $399.99 with no free game. A Slim Ps4 tho gets you a 1 year PS+ as a bonus.
I think it means you choose one of two different controllers for the offer, not that you have to buy two controllers. Although I think the OTHER offer to get a free controller with purchase should stack...

I plan on pulling the trigger on this and then trading in my old VCR with the free controller while the $50 bonus is going on, so hopefully we can see how this works.

Side note - The value of the 500GB :xb1: ($75) vs. the 1TB :xb1: ($130) is a little crappy...

EDIT - Partially jimbo'd

I ran the offer in the browser you put one xbox one, one extra controller, on minecraft story mode. 309$ is the lowest price total.

I ran the offer in the browser you put one xbox one, one extra controller, on minecraft story mode. 309$ is the lowest price total.
but all xbox one consoles get a free controller right now, so is that 2 free controllers? or 1 free controller and $60 off the console? we really need someone to try to maximize this deal and see what we can get out of it.

for instance, i can just add any xbox one and get the controller free without buying minecraft, but when i add the 2nd controller with or without minecraft i get charged full price.

Online this is what you get in the cart.  I seriously doubt it comes up in the store like this and then allowing you to apply the PUR $80 deal.  My guess is when you apply the PUR deal the 3 discounts seen on this page go away.

$389.97

$10 off Controller/XB1 Console - $10 Off the Xbox One Wireless Controller with the purchase of a New Xbox One Console. Other exclusions may apply. Offer expires 7/01/2027 - Xbox Wireless Controller - White

- $10.00

Free Black or White XB1 Controller /w XB1 New Syst - Get a Free Microsoft White or Black Xbox One Wireless Controller with New Xbox One Console Purchase. Offer is subject to availability and while supplies last. Offer expires 12/10/16 - Xbox Wireless Controller - White

- $49.99

PUR Pro $20 Off Minecraft Story Game /w XB1 System - PowerUp Rewards Pro Members Save $20 Off Minecraft Story Mode Complete Physical Game with New Xbox One Console Purchase. Offer is subject to availability and while supplies last. Offer expires 12/10/16 - Minecraft: Story Mode - Complete Adventure

- $20.00

Sub-Total:

$309.98

PowerUp Rewards member?
Sign in or enter your card number to see your discounts.Earn rewards and get discounts on your purchases. Not a member? Visit your local GameStop to sign up.
What's This?

Today I went into a location I don't usually frequent because I needed to cancel a preorder. The manager said "I can do it this time, but they're doing a new thing where if you cancel your preorders, you don't get your money back."

I know he's BSing and just trying to dissuade people from cancelling preorders, but really? Lol cmon man, that's an amateur lie I would expect from a seasonal, not a manager

Do you get a receipt when you cancel a pre-order? If so burn him on survey.
Not worth it, don't wanna draw attention to myself. He's the same Neanderthal who tried to charge a refurb fee on a Wii game I brought in because it didn't have a case... I kindly pointed out that that particular store throws out Wii game cases anyway, and walked out with a smirk as he looked dumbfounded and mumbled under his breath. Some employees are just plain stupid I guess

IW for xbox trades in for $30 ($33 with GCU each). B2G1 comes out to ~$69ish after tax to trade in for $99 give or take. This only works with IW for xbox though. IW for PS4 and skyrim xbox & ps4 trade in to BB for $25 ($27.5 w/ GCU) which I just realized. There definitely isn't enough used xbox IWs to do this maybe even once.

Traded in my Wii U earlier to fund my Switch purchase/preorder in the upcoming months.

$125 + $5 Coupon + $50 GC for a total of $180

Hopefully the Wii U trade in value doesn't tank tomorrow.. $175 seems too good to pass up. One problem I am running into though is supposedly if I were to trade in my Wii U, buy another one in the near future, and attempt to download all of my purchased eShop games I won't be able to because the purchases are tied to the hardware? So I would have to call up Nintendo and have them "transfer" my account from the old Wii U to the new one so I can download all of my old stuff again. 

Hopefully the Wii U trade in value doesn't tank tomorrow.. $175 seems too good to pass up. One problem I am running into though is supposedly if I were to trade in my Wii U, buy another one in the near future, and attempt to download all of my purchased eShop games I won't be able to because the purchases are tied to the hardware? So I would have to call up Nintendo and have them "transfer" my account from the old Wii U to the new one so I can download all of my old stuff again.
Yes, it's a mess and there is no guarantee they will agree to do it.

They'll do it, but you have to call and give them your Nintendo ID. They'll also ask what you've downloaded to verify that it's you, so make note of anything you've downloaded or just take a pic of your download history

Assuming the ps4 500gb fat value holds I am going to trade it in tomorrow for the uc4 slim bundle with a year of PS+. Worked too late tonight to get my old 500gb drive back in and updated. It was apparently too old a firmware or something. Or maybe it wasn't the 500gb for the PS4.

Anyway 7 mins left on a full clear.

IW for xbox trades in for $30 ($33 with GCU each). B2G1 comes out to ~$69ish after tax to trade in for $99 give or take. This only works with IW for xbox though. IW for PS4 and skyrim xbox & ps4 trade in to BB for $25 ($27.5 w/ GCU) which I just realized. There definitely isn't enough used xbox IWs to do this maybe even once.
To add on this IW PS4, Skyrim and Dishonored 2 also aren't bad credit movers. $25-$24 each. So maybe doing sets of each isn't a bad idea if your waiting for the B2G1 soon.

To bad I maxed out on Skrim and Dishonored 2 leaving only IW.

Tempted to do the $50 bonus trade-in with my phone. The issue is, I wouldn't know what to do with all of the credit since you don't get the bonus when choosing cash. If only I didn't already spend $300 on games during BF...

Tempted to do the $50 bonus trade-in with my phone. The issue is, I wouldn't know what to do with all of the credit since you don't get the bonus when choosing cash. If only I didn't already spend $300 on games during BF...
Move it to Best Buy or Amazon during the B2G1 Saturday, duh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back