GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually use my pro day renew for 3 x iw xbox one today to trade to best buy knowing that iw might bne gone by satursday.  While i was ta gamestop someone mention there is going to be a mini pro day stuff coming up

The free year of ps plus only applies to the uncharted bundle? I just bought a Luna edition ps4 last Friday and was wondering if I can get in on this deal.

Ya so that $80 pur coupon for Xbox One / Controller / Minecraft does not stack with the current free controller promo. So its not that great, probably why no one is talking about it. Pretty much its XB1 + $60 Controller + $30 Minecraft, they take off $60 for the controller and $20 for Minecraft so you still have to pay $10 for Minecraft + XB1 pricing. This was instore, looks like online is the same as well?

Person808, on 07 Dec 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:
Ya so that $80 pur coupon for Xbox One / Controller / Minecraft does not stack with the current free controller promo. So its not that great, probably why no one is talking about it. Pretty much its XB1 + $60 Controller + $30 Minecraft, they take off $60 for the controller and $20 for Minecraft so you still have to pay $10 for Minecraft + XB1 pricing. This was instore, looks like online is the same as well?
Thanks for being the guinea pig and reporting back so that I don't have to go in-store to try. That's how I figured it would work unfortunately.

Is cod iw $38 used just a temporary sale or is the normal price now?

Also wow it is pretty hard trying to find a used last guardian. I remember last gen shelves would immediately be stocked with used games 1st week of release.

for the $80 xb1 offer, keep in mind what the coupon says

I did this yesterday traded my 1tb black 2 old ps move controllers I had laying around btw $16.50 for each of those! Then had about 15 HDMI cables laying around anyways ended up with $250 credit xbox alone gave me $180 including the $50 bonus so I coughed up $60 and got the xbox one s with a extra controller and minecraft for $310 I thought it was a pretty good upgrade for $60 considering I do own a 4K HDR TV.

Valid 12/4 – 12/10 for Pro members. Only on new XB1 consoles, select (2 SKUS) XB1 controllers and new XB1 Minecraft Story Mode: Complete Adventure game. GameStop reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

to me that reads as buy an xbox one, TWO controllers, and minecraft story mode to get the $80 discount. The two controllers are gonna be $59.99 each (i assume only the black and white S ones work) so any savings the $80 coupon is completely erased, plus the $30 minecraft game.

Still $50 extra card when you trade in a ps4, wii u, or xbox one is pretty good. Pops a 500GB Ps4 up to $175, not quite as good as the $187.50 from two weeks ago but thats not available anymore.

Unfortunately no deal on a PS4Pro it seems, just regular $399.99 with no free game. A Slim Ps4 tho gets you a 1 year PS+ as a bonus.

Do you get PUR points for purchases made with gift cards? I did the Kroger GameStop gift card deal yesterday before that ended, and I'm planning to do the buy 2, get 1 free deal on Saturday so I'm hoping I can get points as well.

Can't resist the $175 for the Wii U no one plays in my house

Edit: it doesn't need any Wii remotes to trade right? Will they take a wireless sensor bar?

When does Game Stop post next weeks ad?  Wondering if I should hold off on picking up the Uncharted 4 Bundle today.  

Can't resist the $175 for the Wii U no one plays in my house

Edit: it doesn't need any Wii remotes to trade right? Will they take a wireless sensor bar?
It needs everything that originally came with the system. From my experience they will take any type of accessory (maybe not 3rd party controllers though).

It needs everything that originally came with the system. From my experience they will take any type of accessory (maybe not 3rd party controllers though).
Thanks
Called one store and they wanted original sensor bar
Went to another and she took my mono price one and gave me the $5 bonus :)

$180 GameStop cray

175$ for the Wii U is extremely tempting. I know the thing will lay dormant as it has for some time but I'd hate to lose all the digital content I have if it's not available on the Switch.

175$ for the Wii U is extremely tempting. I know the thing will lay dormant as it has for some time but I'd hate to lose all the digital content I have if it's not available on the Switch.
I read that they will be doing an upgrade program like they did for Wii->Wii U. Also, it supposedly will have Virtual Console support for Gamecube games.

Good trade in value, I left one at my parents so there was something to play, now wondering if I should trade it in while I can get decent value. Almost all my games are digital though, wondering if there will be upgrade for Wii U games to Switch, ex Mario Maker, etc.

When does Game Stop post next weeks ad? Wondering if I should hold off on picking up the Uncharted 4 Bundle today.
They don't release it until Tuesday night but just an FYI the PS4 Slim is getting a $249.99 price drop from 12/11 to 12/24. You might want to wait until then unless the free PS+ is a better deal for you now. I was actually considering buying it this week and trying to do a return/rebuy to try and keep the ps+ but I'm not so sure it's worth the risk.

Don't really need the PS+ but just grabbed the UC4 bundle. I think a co-worker mine needs it so will sell it to him. Or maybe give to my nephew.

They tried to do it all in one transaction. I said maybe easier do trade then purchase. After a phone call and banging on the keyboard for 5 mins they did it as two transactions.

PS+ code expires in March and prints on receipt. $50 game stop card is physical and activated immediately so I used it towards the new PS4.

They don't release it until Tuesday night but just an FYI the PS4 Slim is getting a $249.99 price drop from 12/11 to 12/24. You might want to wait until then unless the free PS+ is a better deal for you now. I was actually considering buying it this week and trying to do a return/rebuy to try and keep the ps+ but I'm not so sure it's worth the risk.
Will this price drop apply at GameStop? And if so, how do you know this? I don't really have a need for PS+ so $250 for the Uncharted 4 bundle and getting $175 for my old PS4 might be worth it

Gamestop isn't getting my Wii U, the Wii U already can natively run Gamecube games using Nintendont. The Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U are all based of the same PowerPC architecture. It would probably would be fairly easy for Nintendo to add a Wii U GC VC.

Will this price drop apply at GameStop? And if so, how do you know this? I don't really have a need for PS+ so $250 for the Uncharted 4 bundle and getting $175 for my old PS4 might be worth it
its a sony price cut, it will be that price everywhere

Gamestop isn't getting my Wii U, the Wii U already can natively run Gamecube games using Nintendont. The Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U are all based of the same PowerPC architecture. It would probably would be fairly easy for Nintendo to add a Wii U GC VC.
They already are working on it, it's called the Switch. ;)

Yup. I'm no technical expert but it should theoretically be just like how they handle Wii VC on the Wii U; just wrap the ROM in an application that launches it in Wii mode, and have that wrapper read the GC controller through the USB GC adapter. Probably not worth putting the effort into a dead system though

Can anyone confirm multiples consoles each getting $50 gift cards? Looking to trade ps4/x1/and wiiu for a ps4 pro and maybe the xbox one s with the extra controller 'deal'

Haven't traded a console at GameStop in awhile, but do you get extra 10% PUR for consoles also? I have a launch PS4 and Xbox One that's just sitting at my house since I already upgraded to PS4 Pro and now I want a slim Xbox.

Haven't traded a console at GameStop in awhile, but do you get extra 10% PUR for consoles also? I have a launch PS4 and Xbox One that's just sitting at my house since I already upgraded to PS4 Pro and now I want a slim Xbox.
Tomorrow is the last day for the $50 (per console) promo.

$75 TIV for the XBox One (Assuming 500gb) + $50 Game Stop GC

$125 TIV for the PS4 (again assuming 500GB) + $50 Game Stop GC

$200 TIV and $100 in GCs. Staring next Tuesday (I think) they are dropping the price of the Xbox One S 500GB to $249.99.

Or they have that other promo for the XBox One S with second controller and Minecraft. Not sure it is worth it though if you aren't interested in Minecraft.

I tried to trade bravely second but was denied. The screen on his computer said i couldnt trade anymore and he said to try next month. Black friday week was the only time i traded this entire year. I didnt trade a ton of games, maybe 15 tops. And i was pretty careful not to trade more than 3 each. I also traded in one ps4 system and one ps3 system but that is all. Anyone know what happened to my account?

For those trades i did do the b2g1free tricks and boomerang . could that have flagged my account?

Any way to get my account unflagged?

His exact words were that i exceeded a trading limit for the year i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back