GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to trade bravely second but was denied. The screen on his computer said i couldnt trade anymore and he said to try next month. Black friday week was the only time i traded this entire year. I didnt trade a ton of games, maybe 15 tops. And i was pretty careful not to trade more than 3 each. I also traded in one ps4 system and one ps3 system but that is all. Anyone know what happened to my account?

For those trades i did do the b2g1free tricks and boomerang . could that have flagged my account?

Any way to get my account unflagged?

His exact words were that i exceeded a trading limit for the year i think
Did you trade that stuff for cash or credit?

I'm assuming the B2G1 Saturday will be automatic and they won't have to scan a bar code.

Will 2 $ off any certs work with B2G1? 

For example: 

1st game)  54.99 [- 25cert, -15cert] = 14.99 

2nd game) 14.99 

3rd game)  14.99  free

Total 14.99 x 2 = 29.98

I'm assuming the B2G1 Saturday will be automatic and they won't have to scan a bar code.

Will 2 $ off any certs work with B2G1?

For example:

1st game) 54.99 [- 25cert, -15cert] = 14.99

2nd game) 14.99

3rd game) 14.99 free

Total 14.99 x 2 = 29.98
That should work.

Whats everyone using their cyber monday certificates on? I can't really decide on anything but I have about 3x of each value. Was thinking of grabbing some vita games or some stuff that's on price drop like skyrim se or diablo 3 uee (for system co-op to play with nephew). Are there any other co-op games anyone can recommend thats not sports. Was thinking of grabbing RE6 for Xbox One since it has system co-op.

I tried to trade bravely second but was denied. The screen on his computer said i couldnt trade anymore and he said to try next month. Black friday week was the only time i traded this entire year. I didnt trade a ton of games, maybe 15 tops. And i was pretty careful not to trade more than 3 each. I also traded in one ps4 system and one ps3 system but that is all. Anyone know what happened to my account?

For those trades i did do the b2g1free tricks and boomerang . could that have flagged my account?

Are you this guy or did you do the same thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OazHddyR3BQ&t=8s

Whats everyone using their cyber monday certificates on? I can't really decide on anything but I have about 3x of each value. Was thinking of grabbing some vita games or some stuff that's on price drop like skyrim se or diablo 3 uee (for system co-op to play with nephew). Are there any other co-op games anyone can recommend thats not sports. Was thinking of grabbing RE6 for Xbox One since it has system co-op.
I found Wii Sports Club for Wii U at my local GS today Complete! I used 2 CM certs and paid $4.49
(Apparently it's getting to be quite the uncommon game)

Are you this guy or did you do the same thing?
No i didnt! 😰 but thanks for the spreadsheet. Gonna have to use it a lot now to get $500+ out of my gamestop account :whistle2:(

Anyway i am one of the most conservative traders here i think. Do you know if my account can ever get unbanned for trading and how long it usually takes?

Also sucks that i am stuck with a bravely default. Wasted a $10 cert and b2g1free to get it with cod iw for ps4 and xbox. Flipped cods to bb ok but now stuck with bravely that i was gonna boomerang.

No but thanks for the spreadsheet. Gonna have to use it a lot now to get $500+ out of my gamestop account :whistle2:(

Anyway i am one of the most conservative traders here i think. Do you know if my account can ever get unbanned for trading and how long it usually takes?

Also sucks that i am stuck with a bravely default. Wasted a $10 cert and b2g1free to get it with cod iw for ps4 and xbox. Flipped cods to bb ok but now stuck with bravely that i was gonna boomerang.
Most likely it's a 90 day ban.

So you didn't trade in more of 4 of the same item?

What were your total trade amounts?

Gamestop sent me an email saying they rounded up my points for the holidays and gave me a $5 cert on new games, even though I only had like 1000 points in my account since I spent the rest on Cyber Monday pre-owned ones. Interesting

Does anyone know the exact way in which the Cyber Monday coupons will pair with the B2G1 deal? I'm trying to understand how to get the most out of them. For instance, let's say I want 3 games:

Game 1: $55

Game 2: $45

Game 3: $35

Could I use two coupons (a $25 and a $15) to lower the prices like so:

Game 1: 55-25 = $30

Game 2: 55-15= $40

thereby making the once $55 Game 1 into my free game?

Thanks for any tips!

I'll likely get a few 360 games that never seem to drop (Bully, Fable Anniversary, Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions) and some Vita stuff (Dead or Alive, Batman). Maybe a WiiU game (Color Splash, if I can find it.)

Most likely it's a 90 day ban.

So you didn't trade in more of 4 of the same item?

What were your total trade amounts?
something like $150 to $170 per store for like 3 stores. Or that may be the amount i paid per flip. I only bought 6 games at a store and flipped them at the next store while picking up 6 more. Probably only bought 3 at a 3rd store. Really didnt do much at all compared to other yrs.

something like $150 to $170 per store for like 3 stores. Or that may be the amount i paid per flip. I only bought 6 games at a store and flipped them at the next store while picking up 6 more. Pronably only bought 3 at a 3rd store. Really didnt do much at all compared to other yrs.
Sometimes it's just a matter of how conspicuous you are, and if a junior detective wants to run a check. As I understand it, they can see your last several transactions if they want to pull them up.

Does anyone know the exact way in which the Cyber Monday coupons will pair with the B2G1 deal? I'm trying to understand how to get the most out of them. For instance, let's say I want 3 games:

Thanks for any tips
I'm not sure what game would get the $25 discount on plus the computer might try to stack the two coupons on one game which would muck up your scenario above.

Gamestop sent me an email saying they rounded up my points for the holidays and gave me a $5 cert on new games, even though I only had like 1000 points in my account since I spent the rest on Cyber Monday pre-owned ones. Interesting
Got the same email as well. Mine was an old account I haven't used in 2 years.

I'm not sure what game would get the $25 discount on plus the computer might try to stack the two coupons on one game which would muck up your scenario above.

Thanks for any tips!
The certs will stack on one game. You'll have to hope that the employee you get will adjust the values to fix the issue. In my experience it's not worth the hassle. Best to find another game.

I might trade my almost 2 year old FAT PS4 in on this if the values hold till tomorrow. I assume the Uncharted 4 slim bundle is a digital code? A year of PS+ now (till 12/10) is also included.

Or do I wait a week or two and see if there is any better deals on a new PS4.
GS's Uncharted 4 bundles come with physical copies of the game.

I'm guessing that is only for the Xbox One? I was going to pick up a Pro, are there any deals/bundles with those next week?
Xbox One and PS4 slim are $50 off no freebies listed.

The only other things I see in Sunday's ad from 12/11 - 12/17 is B2G1 on pre-owned Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS games.

Theres GTA V for $29.99 that comes with $3,500,000 card for GTA Online.

Select 2K titles (Mafia 3 / NBA2k17 / Bioshock / WWE 2k17 / Xcom 2) Buy 2 save $15 each / buy 3 save $20 each, listed as $49.99 each.

Xbox One and PS4 slim are $50 off no freebies listed.
The only other things I see in Sunday's ad from 12/11 - 12/17 is B2G1 on pre-owned Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS games.
Theres GTA V for $29.99 that comes with $3,500,000 card for GTA Online.
Select 2K titles (Mafia 3 / NBA2k17 / Bioshock / WWE 2k17 / Xcom 2) Buy 2 save $15 each / buy 3 save $20 each, listed as $49.99 each.
It isn't listed, but the Xbox One consoles SHOULD come with a free controller still.

There might be a weekly trade limit we aren't aware of yet..

I got slammed w/the ban 4 months ago that finally ended last month. Iol

I didn't trade in more than 4 of any game & didn't hit the $2k/monthly trade limit either...lol

If anyone has used copies of Diablo 4 available in your area you might want to pick them up while it's on sale with 2 other games tomorrow for the b2g1. Seems like it's becoming hard to find especially ps4 copies in my area. I know it can be found new but it's 40$ and up.

So will the 500gb xbox one S BF1 console be $249 on Sunday as well?

If so I am trading in my old xbone and BF1 disc tonight and take the $207.50 in trade credit for sure

Hell even smarter would be if I can flip the $207.50 for some titles to BB for more $$ and get the same S from them for $250

It was almost certainly the boomerangs. There isn't some Skynet level AI running at gamestop checking peoples trading patterns and banning based on history. Some bored dude thinks its a little weird you just traded in six games, looks up your trading history, realized you just bought the six games at ANOTHER gamestop, tells the store manager who is super stressed out about other random shit and mumbles a quick "just ban him / alert loss prevention".

Boomerangs are just a really stupid thing to do, and trying to be clever and using multiple accounts and stuff won't help much - if a guy at one gamestop calls another and says "hey did someone just buy these six games in the last few days" they don't need to run a CSI forensic analysis to figure out its the same person.

Here's what regular people do: buy games, play them for a while, trade them back in. The closer you are to that regular person, the less likely you will ever get banned. Don't do B2G1F days and then instantly trade those games back in. Don't use B2G1 to buy consoles and trade them back in, you will eventually get stomped on. Whatever you buy, wait at least a week or three before you trade it in. Don't do a dozen returns in a month, that will definitely get you noticed.

So will the 500gb xbox one S BF1 console be $249 on Sunday as well?

If so I am trading in my old xbone and BF1 disc tonight and take the $207.50 in trade credit for sure

Hell even smarter would be if I can flip the $207.50 for some titles to BB for more $$ and get the same S from them for $250
Yes, all Xbox One consoles will be $50 off. Which console are you trading in with BF1 to get that amount back?

I have a 1TB elite but of course would be keeping the controller.  I believe someone posted the 1TB trades for $130 + the extra $50 (good through today) = $180.  I have a disc of BF1 which is worth $27.50 = $207.50 in credit.

Xbox one BF1 purchase on Sunday would be $250 means it costs me $42.50 to change and I go digital for BF1 which is fine by me since I like the game and would rather have the digital version anyway.

Seems like kind of a no brainer to make the change since its only $42 and I get to switch BF1 to digital.

Was about ready to get an external HDD for my current Xbone anyway so the HDD size in the unit doesn't matter (only in trade in value next year when Scorpio hits)

Wow I just find out the buy 2 get 1 free thing going on tomorrow is only last gen obly
I got an email a few days ago about this it says:

y34gDtb.jpg

Other than Infinite Warfare are they any other decent flippers - GS to BB that is?  Basically looking to at least break even, gain money would be fine of course just don't want to lose.

Thinking of flipping the GS credit to BB instead.  May try to buy the BF1 console tomorrow while they still have the free controller deal then PM the console on Sunday for the $50 drop.  Would give me the 500gb S, extra controller for $250.

Other than Infinite Warfare are they any other decent flippers - GS to BB that is? Basically looking to at least break even, gain money would be fine of course just don't want to lose.

Thinking of flipping the GS credit to BB instead. May try to buy the BF1 console tomorrow while they still have the free controller deal then PM the console on Sunday for the $50 drop. Would give me the 500gb S, extra controller for $250.
Dishonored 2, Skyrim and Infinite Warfare. It's not hard. Just check what's on sale at Gamestop and match it with the games with $24+ trade in values @ the BB website.

Thanks.

Last question I hope.  I am due to renew my PUR - when you do this don't you get a B2G1 Free coupon?  If so can I use it for multiple things in one purchase i.e. buy 9 games with 3 being free (the lowest priced ones of course) or is just a B2G1 free (i.e. just 3 games once)

Sorry if all this is already in this thread (which it probably is)

Anyone have an employee enter the wrong game when trading in (traded in watch dogs 1 and the entered watch dogs 2)? Didn't realize until I got into the car.

It isn't listed, but the Xbox One consoles SHOULD come with a free controller still.

Other than Infinite Warfare are they any other decent flippers - GS to BB that is? Basically looking to at least break even, gain money would be fine of course just don't want to lose.

Thinking of flipping the GS credit to BB instead. May try to buy the BF1 console tomorrow while they still have the free controller deal then PM the console on Sunday for the $50 drop. Would give me the 500gb S, extra controller for $250.
Your post prompted me to call GS again to verify that they will still have the free controller promo going on next week. They in fact WILL NOT have free controllers next week, which is odd because the person that just told me this is the same person I spoke to in-store about the free controller deal next week. She must have been confused...

Anyway, what are the odds that they will allow the price adjustment next week? Will that vary buy store? If they WON'T do the adjustment, AND if you'd rather have a free controller and $20 off the TT Minecraft game, I guess it's a better deal to get a console this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back