GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
extra controller would just be a bonus, don't need it.  No need for MC either.

Better deal for me is trade in old stuff for 227.50 (includes BF1) buy the necessary titles with the B2G1 (assuming its legit) to flip to BB for at least $250 or more in credit.  Purchase the current BB deal for $299 with the extra controller and then PM the console only on Sunday for the other $50 back.

Kind of a pain but keeps me with no money OOP if it works.  I think the only question mark for me now is if the B2G1 free deal tomorrow is legit.  if it is then I am all set and will trade in tonight for sure.  Of course I have to hope I can find 9 games with good enough value at BB (think its doable between IW, Skyrim, Dishonored 2 all on both systems).

Anyone have an employee enter the wrong game when trading in (traded in watch dogs 1 and the entered watch dogs 2)? Didn't realize until I got into the car.
yeah during the last 60% extra trade in I took a copy of Mario 2 for the NES and they rang it up as New Super Mario 2 3DS. What would have been $7 ended up being like $20ish

I was going to use up my Cyber Monday coupons on the B2G1F but then as I thought about it, any of them I use would be wasted if I purchased 3 similarly priced games.

What's everyone else doing? Buying 2 $30 games and matching them with a $45+ game to use a coupon on?

yeah during the last 60% extra trade in I took a copy of Mario 2 for the NES and they rang it up as New Super Mario 2 3DS. What would have been $7 ended up being like $20ish
You didn't run into any problems on your account afterwards? I only ask because I bought Dead Rising 4 to get the extra 20% and want to return it to a different store but don't want to get hassled by an employee for something that wasn't my fault.

You didn't run into any problems on your account afterwards? I only ask because I bought Dead Rising 4 to get the extra 20% and want to return it to a different store but don't want to get hassled by an employee for something that wasn't my fault.
Not that this helps you now, but in the future, this is a perfect reason to request a gift receipt. Considering it's the Christmas season, no employee should find that weird.

If I buy WWE 2K17 for $45 to get the Season Pass for $20 and return the game, will they only give me back $35 to make up the difference of the Season Pass? Not sure how they go about returns on those types of deals.

Bought some Gamecube games with the retro buy 2 get 1 free. Was disappointed since two games didn't have cases. Had the wife go return them with the packing slip. The told her to keep the one that was free. Not the one with a case but something free to trade in next month.

Just need a few opinions on this. Is the 1TB Elite console better than the new XBox One S? I am thinking about trading it in for the deal with the extra $50. Any help would be great!

Just need a few opinions on this. Is the 1TB Elite console better than the new XBox One S? I am thinking about trading it in for the deal with the extra $50. Any help would be great!
No, the Elite is the OG xbox with an elite controller, the S is the better system, 4k blu ray, HDR, and has a slightly faster processor/GPU then OG xboxone.

The S is better hands down. If you have an elite controller though, you should keep it. Ask them to use the controller in the Xbox One S as the controller to trade in if you don't have an extra.

My friend has an elite and his multiplayer games load a good 15 seconds before mine and I have the S.

Whats everyone using their cyber monday certificates on? I can't really decide on anything but I have about 3x of each value. Was thinking of grabbing some vita games or some stuff that's on price drop like skyrim se or diablo 3 uee (for system co-op to play with nephew). Are there any other co-op games anyone can recommend thats not sports. Was thinking of grabbing RE6 for Xbox One since it has system co-op.
Found Fire Emblem Fates preowned! Got it for about $24 after reward certificates.

Just got an email telling me I had $13.xx in trade credit from GameStop at this one store. I have absolutely no idea what from but I filled out the form and they're sending me a new card via email within 4 hours.

i traded my 1TB elite console in, got $190 for it during 50% promo but its probably pretty close still with $50 bonus. Regular controller traded in, kept my elite controller. I think the one S is better - it does 4k, it has a UHD drive so you can play 4k blurays, its slightly faster CPU/GPU than stock xbox (very tiny diff though), and the power brick is built into the system so the system is smaller all around, plus the 30% size reduction. No ragrets. Also I got the BF1 bundle and sold BF1 on eBay for like $50, sold within an hour of me listing it so could probably even get more but that dropped the price of the S bundle even more for me.

The way I figure is when Scorpio rolls out next year the Xbox One S will be worth a lot more than an OG xbox or even elite, so paying $50-100 now to upgrade will be worth it no matter what.

well finally got around to GS and traded in my destiny ps4. The guy was telling me I should sell it elsewhere and could get more ha. Basically have enough for the pro but a lil shy. Hoping the b2g1 tomorrow can help pay it off in fully in credit. 

And forgot to ask before I left but are the dead rising snow globes for sale? I know they were pre order bonuses but saw a stack of about 5 of them there. idk why but I got the mistletoe ornament at BB and really want the snow globe too ha

Just got an email telling me I had $13.xx in trade credit from GameStop at this one store. I have absolutely no idea what from but I filled out the form and they're sending me a new card via email within 4 hours.
I got an email like that for the balance of my trade card. I decided to do the digital version hoping they fuck up and don't take the balance off my physical one.

I got an email like that for the balance of my trade card. I decided to do the digital version hoping they fuck up and don't take the balance off my physical one.
Same here for $5 from one store. I wonder if that's from my CoD preorder I didn't pick up.

I got a similar email only they list the exact total of credit on my pur card and a trade card I've used on that account.

I have a 1TB elite but of course would be keeping the controller. I believe someone posted the 1TB trades for $130 + the extra $50 (good through today) = $180. I have a disc of BF1 which is worth $27.50 = $207.50 in credit.

Xbox one BF1 purchase on Sunday would be $250 means it costs me $42.50 to change and I go digital for BF1 which is fine by me since I like the game and would rather have the digital version anyway.

Seems like kind of a no brainer to make the change since its only $42 and I get to switch BF1 to digital.
Was about ready to get an external HDD for my current Xbone anyway so the HDD size in the unit doesn't matter (only in trade in value next year when Scorpio hits)
Just bought the 500gb bf1 bundle just letting you know it's a physical disc and case with no resell logo for barcode.

How about this bundle? http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/xbox-one-pre-owned-blast-from-the-past-game-bundle/139441

Battlefield 1 for Xbox One is so old that it is part of a "Blast from the past"! bundle. Hard to believe it has already been 49 days since it came out, I remember it like it was just 7 weeks ago. :)

woops

edit:

Look below. I think I typed correctly this time maybe.

There's a little jokey joke in there too.

You'll love it

*Kisses*

Anyone have an employee enter the wrong game when trading in (traded in watch dogs 1 and the entered watch dogs 2)? Didn't realize until I got into the car.
Had Dark Cloud 1 and 2 disappear after taking it to trade in. Haven't found it anywhere

How about this bundle? http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/xbox-one-pre-owned-blast-from-the-past-game-bundle/139441

Battlefield 1 for Xbox One is so old that it is part of a "Blast from the past"! bundle. Hard to believe it has already been 49 days since it came out, I remember it like it was just 7 weeks ago. :)
WW1 was a while ago

and it was a blast

I got a similar email for $132.52 and I have no idea where the cards they mention came from. I keep good track of my gift cards, too.

I just got emails leading me to 18.xx and 20.xx in credit.  Maybe it's from preorders we placed for an extra trade in % that we never picked up.

Define "active." I know I placed preorders years ago that are currently dust in the wind that I never picked up/cancelled. Either way I'm cool with free credit.
I've had my PUR membership for years and the GS app is pretty good about listing any preorders tied to my account. I have none right now.

So y'all are asking for a replacement or something from that email? They had my correct trade credit balance on my card, which makes sense but is also kind of creepy. Do y'all really think they will mess up and let us double spend?

$84.45 for me, I'm rich bitch.

That's all kinds of wrong, I don't use trade cards or have any active preorders besides a $5 on something over 2 years old. I put everything on my PUR card so I have no idea where it's coming from but hey Thanks!

So unfair, y'all are getting free credit from random stores and $65 gift cards mailed to you. Over 1 million lifetime PUR points right here and I get zilch :(

For me it's just showing past trade credit that I haven't spent yet and gives me the option to reissue them in case they're lost. shows my last two trades that I haven't spent yet. 

I think some are jumping the gun thinking this is new credit? 

The only thing I can think of is when I ordered a lunar white controller last black Friday and cancelled my order. That credit never came back, it was around $50 total. The $30 I found on my other account is literally a different amount than the trade card I have in my pocket by a couple dollars.

Wow, just tried to trade in my old Samsung S5 because of the bonus. Such a nightmare. Guy couldn't find the serial. Said he couldn't accept it after 10-15 minutes of dicking around with it. This is a phone that is in perfect condition and was bought directly from the carrier. Big waste of time. Probably not going to try and trade anything mobile in again.

For me it's just showing past trade credit that I haven't spent yet and gives me the option to reissue them in case they're lost. shows my last two trades that I haven't spent yet.

Yea, probably. I had it reissued because I couldn't remember if both the trades mentioned were on the same card and I only have 1 card I know of atm. Seemed reasonable.

my pur card has $164.xx on it, and it's the only card I have and use and the email says $84.xx from a specific store so yea something is wrong is here. I'll see what happens is 4 hours when they send my card.

my pur card has $164.xx on it, and it's the only card I have and use and the email says $84.xx from a specific store so yea something is wrong is here. I'll see what happens is 4 hours when they send my card.
Exactly, stranger glitches have occurred. And I have receipts of my last trade in balance so we will see what goes down.

Bwhahah I get the email with the new card link and when I click it it says

There is an issue with your Trade Credit. Please contact customer service at [email protected] so we can resolve this quickly.

Seriously, fuck this company to death. Only $13 and now I have to chase it down? Thanks for wasting my time GameStop, you guys are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back