GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
No email, but three cards. Already had two of them, but one came up with a higher amount, and didn't have the third at all. Thanks to whoever posted the link.

I'm in the same boat! Question for you, did you use the mobile site? I switched over to desktop version and tried again. I noticed that when I entered my name and email it wasn't recognizing me, I had to enter my old email (maybe the one connected to my PUR and not my main one) before it went through. I'm hoping that's the difference, would really like to pick up Mario maker for my son so I've been trying to get this to work obviously
******Confirmed

Got both my gift cards in less than a hour. Don't know what made me think of using desktop but it worked and I've tried at least 5-6 times through mobile. I think the key was that I wasn't entering the right email linked to my PUR when I thought it could just be my main everyday E-mail.

After the mid day price increase it is now less expensive to buy the remastered BioShock than the 3 original vanilla games at gamestop

Welp, I hate that this is happening. Would rather not have the attention. Hopefully I don't get a call from every Gamestop I've been to recently:

Nothing to see here...

And no. Not cute. Plz don't harass her.
The first missing word is "from" and the second word is "trades".
You need to take this down...

Anyways! Here's an explanation of what happened: 

My home GS called and left a voicemail. They told me that I have a stache of games that are worth $400, and that I should come in and trade them in. What I originally posted showed the transcription of the voicemail that they left me. Not great for any of us who would prefer to stay off the radar of any detectives.

My home GS called and left a voicemail. They told me that I have a stache of games that are worth $400, and that I should come in and trade them in. What I originally posted showed the transcription of the voicemail that they left me. Not great for any of us who would prefer to stay off the radar of any detectives.
I don't think that's anything to be concerned with. Never gotten a voicemail but emails. GS tracks all purchases and just reminding you to come back and trade them in if your done with them. It's more of a promotional/marketing thing

******Confirmed

Got both my gift cards in less than a hour. Don't know what made me think of using desktop but it worked and I've tried at least 5-6 times through mobile. I think the key was that I wasn't entering the right email linked to my PUR when I thought it could just be my main everyday E-mail.
Email? I thought it was just name and phone number

A "stache game" you say?

61vuSksS2%2BL._SY300_.jpg

Finally got it..can confirm that it was an email issue

Once i used the email attached to the account, it worked
what is this / are you doing?

Do you mean the email titled "(Name), You Have $xxx.xx Waiting for You"? I thought that was just telling me what my trade credit balance is

After the mid day price increase it is now less expensive to buy the remastered BioShock than the 3 original vanilla games at gamestop
Yup. If I had seen the announcement me before lunch time I would have picked it up before they jacked it up so high. Best Buy has the BS 1 used for $8.99 with GCU and they are doing buy 2 get 1 free on used games and free shipping starting Sunday. Seems buy 2 get 1 free is live now?

Anyway another option to get BioShock 1 for cheaper then Game Stop. They also have it with Oblivion for the same price.

Might pick that up if I can find a couple of other games.

Decided to finally use my paper giftcards. Went to local GameStop to pick up Titanfall 2. First giftcard read no heat, but second gift card kept giving an error statement over and over and over. After going back and forth they just discounted the game the amount and let me go. I eventually came to the conclusion that the other giftcard had been used at some point within the two weeks, but didn't register. So it showed I had the amount, even though I had already used it. Oh well

GS can keep their X360 Bioshock copies. Buy the X1 collection if you have any intention playing on the X1. You get all the DLC, and it's only $32 w/ GCU right now. Best Buy probably has tons of X360 copies sitting around, and they would be thrilled to get rid of them.

You don't need to buy anything to get $50+10% PRO. Idk if all 4 get the bump though. I did a set of 2 yesterday and another set of 2 today.
Great news! I was struggling to find something cheap enough to justify trading now vs. waiting for a % bump down the line. Would love one more person to confirm, but I'll happily head over there tomorrow on your word.

GameStop TIV for Mafia 3 is 16.50, but at one of the local stores they have the huge placard up on the shelf saying get $25 for Mafia 3. Would it be at all possible for me to get that $25? 

americas-test-kitchen-lets-get-cooking-nintendo-ds_69015.jpg

I wish this game would make a comeback for the recent 2 for 50 promo. Good times.
For several years after that I kept finding copies of that in the weirdest places when I was cleaning up.

Helped my mom clean out her old car several years ago when she traded it in, yep there was a copy under the seat.

For several years after that I kept finding copies of that in the weirdest places when I was cleaning up.

Helped my mom clean out her old car several years ago when she traded it in, yep there was a copy under the seat.
lol, good times. I must have had at least 6-7 copies at one time. Just ended up donating them.

Gamestop is hilarious. I was in the store when they announced the BC for the BioShock games. Stayed around to hang with my friend who works there and the tickets print out about an hour after the announcement. The used prices raised about $10/each on all the BioShock games. Friend had to quickly change the prices so people don't come in thinking it's $3 - $5 for them instead of the new $12 - $15. Gross Gamestop.

Gamestop is hilarious. I was in the store when they announced the BC for the BioShock games. Stayed around to hang with my friend who works there and the tickets print out about an hour after the announcement. The used prices raised about $10/each on all the BioShock games. Friend had to quickly change the prices so people don't come in thinking it's $3 - $5 for them instead of the new $12 - $15. Gross Gamestop.
I don't know why people act like this. Makes total sense for a business raise the price on something that's in demand.I would figure you above all people would understand this being a pretty big reseller.

I don't know why people act like this. Makes total sense for a business raise the price on something that's in demand.I would figure you above all people would understand this being a pretty big reseller.
You're forgetting the CAG holier than thou attitude...

I understand the business side of it, I'm actually impressed how fast they raised the prices too.

lol. I have that game laying around in shrink wrap. Tried to give the woman a daughter to play the game with but ended up with 9 sons via 7 different women

I understand it's business but it just makes them look greedy / desperate as fuck.

:360: Lost Odyssey is free to download until 12/31, works on 360 and XB1.

Trades in for $7 base. I'd trade it in with a one of those nifty $5 coupons if you still have one around. Free $12.70 GS credit from Major Nelson! Wouldn't wait too long, I'd imagine the TIV will get nuked.

you guys are lucky, my local GS stores need physical signed coupons for the bonus $5, I might try some further other stores later today, might not be worth the gas money though..

you guys are lucky, my local GS stores need physical signed coupons for the bonus $5, I might try some further other stores later today, might not be worth the gas money though..
I bought a game at noon today and the cashier put a coupon in the bag with the game. Try asking for one if they don't accept just the code; they probably have a stack of coupons by the register.

I asked the store about my nes controller preorders that was never sent to my address. I was then told that they would call customer service regarding my preorder since ive waited a while for no repsonse. I was then told that the reps said that they would take a while to locate that and my trade credit because my account is flagged for suspicious activity. Freaking great. I fully expect them to steal my credit and preorders. Bastards

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back