GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email today saying shirts are B1G1 through 12/24

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I saw this promo when I went in to trade WoFF today. I flipped through them and most were $15 each.

I don't feel like their shirts have the good quality to justify a $7.5 price though.

Hey I remember there being talk about and seeing an email dealing with store credit but now I can't find it. I think it said I had 200$ but I checked in store and said 100$ and not sure that sounds right. Was there an error they had or something?

I saw this promo when I went in to trade WoFF today. I flipped through them and most were $15 each.

I don't feel like their shirts have the good quality to justify a $7.5 price though.
I saw them today, too. I bought a few last winter when they were on clearance for $1 - 2 and that seemed about the right price for the quality.

Is the xtra 20% on trades towards games only good for DR4 and Last Guardian?  I would like to do this for Gran Turismo Sport or Tekken 7. Thanks! 

Thanks man, I wanted to get the xtra 20% but don't want LG.  I guess I could always just buy LG and return it later, but I know that kinda thing is frowned on. 

Does the 20% bonus only games or also include accessories? The site shows the bonus but for some reason the terms and condition is no where to be found on the page. This bonus is still going on?

With PUR, 20% boost, and $5 promo thing, $32.50 each for Diamond and Black, and $44 for Platinum. The $5 went onto Platinum. $109 total. Paid $81.45 for the three with B2G1.
Nice. I have Pokemon Sun and Moon. I was thinking about trading in one or other since tomorrow is the last day to get the guaranteed $30 TIV

Well no one saw my question I guess, but I remember a link to my gs credit from my name. There was also an email with my credit that was from like a mess up they had or something, but I can't find that email. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Can anyone tell me how to open the spreadsheet in the app? I can't figure it out and my phones browser crashes if I try to open it in there.

Traded in my Mario Kart 8 and SSMB 3DS for the 50. With the bonus almost 55. Also got the 25 for Mafia 3 but before the adjustment it was 22. Picked up ROTR used and used a coupon. Unfortunately, also got DR4 but now its gonna be on sale at Target in two weeks. Gonna have to take the hit and return. 

looks like values held

c155c794e13c8a1771817fcfdfb0a2f2.jpg

Does anyone know if they enforce the $5 minimum trade value to use the $5 generic coupon? I'm trying to trade in an old Wii controller but it only has like a $3 TIV

Does anyone know if they enforce the $5 minimum trade value to use the $5 generic coupon? I'm trying to trade in an old Wii controller but it only has like a $3 TIV
It's says it on the physical coupon but I'm pretty sure people have traded > $5 base games and still got the bonus.

If you get any shit just give them the code without the physical coupon: EBC3053891

I traded in a game with a $3 base value and it got the bump. Pretty sure it works on anything, if they say no then just tell them to try it and see what happens

[quote name="frosty47" post="13568957" timestamp="1481990382"]
looks like values held

Lol. Nearly fell off the john !!

I'm planning on making a run later today to buy several pokemon ds games using the b2g1 (since today's the last day). Should I look into boomerang them today/this week for the +20% promo or am I better off waiting until there's a +50% boost?

I am aware they drop values during a 50% bonus but wanted to know which might be a better option. Need to get rid of my cyber monday certs!

I saw them today, too. I bought a few last winter when they were on clearance for $1 - 2 and that seemed about the right price for the quality.
I bought a few at the clearanced price too. Some are decent thick quality and others are not. I personally wouldnt spend more than $5 on it and that's only if I really wanted it. For $1-2 it's a no brainer.

so I just came back from a b2g1 run and got denied on using my cyber monday certs. they scanned through but wouldn't take off any amount. Anyone else experience this?

It'll be completely ymmv by employee and store. But I can confirm that the system lets you do it.

I.. heard about a guy.. who used one on a $1.50 hdmi cable.

so I just came back from a b2g1 run and got denied on using my cyber monday certs. they scanned through but wouldn't take off any amount. Anyone else experience this?
Yeah I had that happen, did you use some already that day??

This happen to me on Wednesday, I had already used 4 certificates earlier that day so the guy behind the counter was telling me maybe there was a limit on how many can be used on one day

This happen to me on Wednesday, I had already used 4 certificates earlier that day so the guy behind the counter was telling me maybe there was a limit on how many can be used on one day
That's interesting. If I recall correctly there's something about a limit of 3 per day in the terms of the coupon. It's kind of surprising that the system actually enforces it

I used 5 today on 2 transactions 3 & 2. I have used 4 on one game b4. It will work on b2g1 free but you will have to master that coupon or it a waste. (1)$50 game & 2X $25 games will work if you used a 25$ certificate it will bring the $50 game to $25, than other 2 will be $25/free. Don't work if you get 3 games of the same price cuz it will bring one of the game to a lower price which than make it the free game, the certificate will scan and you will lose it lol

The employees might limit you but the system doesnt. I used about 10 certs from coupons on cyber monday the other day at one store. I had to split them up in different transactions, but the system let it happen. So if the employee doesn't that's on them, but it's definitely not the system itself.

I bought two pre-owned NES controllers to go with the RetroUSB AVS I'm getting for Christmas. They came today. A bit scuffed, which is fine given their age, but I was surprised how "loose" the d-pads seem. They can be slid around in the opening very easily (one makes a slight scratching noise when doing so, but one battle at a time). It's been a long time since I had my original NES, so I don't remember: is that  normal? I was going to hold off using both the controllers and the system until Christmas day, but I feel like maybe I should at least test the controllers when my AVS comes in, just in case there are issues and I need to return them to GameStop. Then again. it also sounds like NES controllers are easy and cheap to clean / fix, so maybe I'll just do that instead. I wish I knew how rigorous GS is when it comes to prepping retro trades before selling them back. Does anyone have experience in this area?

Can confirm that the system does let he coupon work with TIV's under $5. The girl actually took the time to read it but I followed the advice on here to just ask her to try anyway. Thanks guys!

I had an interesting experience today with the $5 trade in coupon. I didn't have the coupon with me and planned to just trade my game in without the coupon. As I was trading in, the employee told me that they are offering a "free $5 on any preorder with any trade".

I was kind of taken off guard by it, and just told him to put it on the upcoming Ghost Recon. Then he took one of the $5 trade coupons from under the desk and scanned that, took the $5 off of my trade credit and applied it to the "free preorder".

It took me a second to realize what he did, but he was just giving himself a preorder to make his numbers look better. It works out for me, because I got the extra $5 without having the coupon.

[attachment=24827:im-not-even-okwpfs.jpg]

Nothing is worse than overly-enthusiastic employees

"Wow! It says you've saved several thousand dollars this past year by being a member! HOW?!?! Do you have a good paying job or something?!?! Give me a job too hahahaha!!!!!"

Like goddamn dude, just shut the fuck up and let me leave >_>

No, just saying it sarcastically. I got a gift receipt and I'm returning it myself. That's what I mean. I would be the (sarcastic air quotes) "friend."
A good result for me:
I traded in NBA 2k17, Driveclub and Bloodbourne and told the guy I wanted the xtra 20%...long story short he told me to just buy Last Guardian and return it! Sweeet!!! Got $65 for those 3 games after using exactly 32,000 in points to buy them. Happy holidays indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back