GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Current trade in for Elite controller is $55 with PUR. Is the $50 on top of the current trade in value for a total of $105? Seems too good to be true, but doesn't make sense if they give a guarantee of $50 when the current trade in value is $55.
They are talking about the regular controllers, not the Elite trade in. The regular controller (XB1 & PS4) gets you $50 credit towards the Elite.

Will using someone else's PUR coupon 1 time get me banned? Friend owed me $10 for splitting one of those Axiom Verge Steelbooks (I kept the physical items & he got the code) & I asked for $10 GS GC or PSN, & he gave me a $10 PUR cert from his account.

Thanks in advance.

Will using someone else's PUR coupon 1 time get me banned? Friend owed me $10 for splitting one of those Axiom Verge Steelbooks (I kept the physical items & he got the code) & I asked for $10 GS GC or PSN, & he gave me a $10 PUR cert from his account.

Thanks in advance.
just live dangerously

I am assuming by now that the few email addreases still requesting accessing to the old sheet link now is probably a lurkers or gs corporate employees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
i am still here. Havent been out to gamestops in days so havent requested. Do i pm u my gmail address for access?

They are talking about the regular controllers, not the Elite trade in. The regular controller (XB1 & PS4) gets you $50 credit towards the Elite.
Okay that makes more sense. Have 3 Xbone controllers waiting for a boost to trade in. Wonder if we could trade in all 3 towards the Elite (or the Gears of War Elite controller for that matter)...

Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't risk it.

Better yet, just use his PUR account instead of yours.

Trying to download the extra episode for telltale batman, but it's wanting me to purchase. How do I get the episodes? I already had the first episode from being free

Trying to download the extra episode for telltale batman, but it's wanting me to purchase. How do I get the episodes? I already had the first episode from being free

Last week a Gamestop worker gave me a $5 extra trade card when I asked him about it.  The card was blank.  I made a lot of trade ins yesterday due to the bump and got Dead Rising 4 (got a gift receipt too) for the extra 20% tradein.  When I handed the $5 trade card, the person told me that the card needed to be filled out and she couldn't accept it because it was blank.  Does the card really need to be filled out?

if you bought the disc version you have to have the disc in to start the download for episodes 2-5. if you already have the first episode you should be able to play the episodes without the disc after you download them.

Last week a Gamestop worker gave me a $5 extra trade card when I asked him about it. The card was blank. I made a lot of trade ins yesterday due to the bump and got Dead Rising 4 (got a gift receipt too) for the extra 20% tradein. When I handed the $5 trade card, the person told me that the card needed to be filled out and she couldn't accept it because it was blank. Does the card really need to be filled out?
Depends on who is the rep working the counter. The only way to get one of these cards is for someone to give them to you so not having it filled out shouldn't be an issue, but I could see them wanting to know what store/associate it came from and the date. Just go back to the store you got it from if it's not too much of a hassle

You don't get it from the PSN/XBL store, you have to initiate the download from inside the game. I think it was in the Episodes menu? If it's not that, then some other in-game menu (sorry if that's vague, I'm going from memory).

if you bought the disc version you have to have the disc in to start the download for episodes 2-5. if you already have the first episode you should be able to play the episodes without the disc after you download them.
I'm trying to download from within the episode menu. It's saying I need to purchase them though. Should I uninstall the downloaded episode 1 and install it from disc? I'm not sure where else to go.

EDIT: Figured it out, have to install season pass from disc.

Why are the pickings so slim for retro items on the GS website? You would think that with retro items being accepted nationwide, they'd have a decent stock built up by now. How can they expect to keep a game like DuckTales 2 in stock when they're literally sold out of Super Mario Bros, a game with over 40 million copies in existence?

Why are the pickings so slim for retro items on the GS website? You would think that with retro items being accepted nationwide, they'd have a decent stock built up by now. How can they expect to keep a game like DuckTales 2 in stock when they're literally sold out of Super Mario Bros, a game with over 40 million copies in existence?
Gamestops supplier of retro games is not that predictable. I'm guessing retro trade ins are not coming in at a rate that meets customer demand. They can't call up Nintendo or sega and ask them to make more.

Estimated 1812 SMB3, 1662 SMB2, and 332 DuckTales were taken in as trades but never left the store. Plus TIV arent that great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Gamestops supplier of retro games is not that predictable. I'm guessing retro trade ins are not coming in at a rate that meets customer demand. They can't call up Nintendo or sega and ask them to make more.
The GS I shop at has 4 retro stores within a 3-15 minute drive of them, not to mention 4 other GS stores, so they never get much stuff. https://www.tradengames.com/store/pc/home.asp is the competition a few minutes away that has been in business for years.

The Fenton GS did have a pretty good condition TMNT 3 for NES come in & that made me sad as I've only seen that in person a few times in my life.

So if I have a controller I'm trying to trade in, is the best option buying the elite controller then returning it? I have ps4 and my controller is ps4 controller that I'm trying to trade in.

I ordered a $20 PSN code off GameStop with trade credit then it went into "review" and it said 24 hours but it's been over 48. I'm fucked aren't I?

I have tweaked the inventory code to where it is completely stable now. I have also added a function to manually look up any SKU for national store inventory (As long as the SKU hasn't been taken down online (ex. NES Classic Edtion)).

For example: Monopoly: Pokemon Collector's Edition - Only at GameStop 

URL: http://www.gamestop.com/toys/monopoly-pokemon-collectors-edition-only-at-gamestop/120089

In Stock: 1
Low Stock: 217
No Stock: 2
Sample Range: 220 - 440
National Range: 4434 - 8868
National Estimation: 6651

The 50$ for an X1/PS4 controller towards an elite only applies to one controller which is unfortunate. Would have been nice dump 4 controllers at 50$ plus 10% base.

Gamestop is drowning in Infinite Warefare right now. Estimates for the new copies are probably super conservative as the max high end per store is 6 in my equation. I wouldn't be surprised if each store had a couple dozen new copies.

:ps4: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Pro Edition - Only at GameStop

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-legacy-pro-edition-only-at-gamestop/130471

In Stock: 175
Low Stock: 45
No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 570 - 1140
National Range: 11488 - 22976
National Estimation: 17232

:ps4: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-legacy-edition/130469

In Stock: 220
Low Stock: 0
Sample Range: 660 - 1320
National Range: 13302 - 26604
National Estimation: 19953

:ps4: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare 
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare/130465

:ps4: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Pre-Owned)
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare/130465

In Stock: 92
Low Stock: 125
No Stock: 3
Sample Range: 401 - 802
National Range: 8082 - 16164
National Estimation: 12123

:xb1: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Pro Edition - Only at GameStop

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-legacy-pro-edition-only-at-gamestop/130470

In Stock: 167
Low Stock: 53
Sample Range: 554 - 1108
National Range: 11166 - 22331
National Estimation: 16748

:xb1: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-legacy-edition/130468

In Stock: 219
Low Stock: 1
Sample Range: 658 - 1316
National Range: 13262 - 26523
National Estimation: 19892

:xb1: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition (Pre-Owned)
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-legacy-edition/130468

In Stock: 10
Low Stock: 196
No Stock: 14
Sample Range: 226 - 452
National Range: 4555 - 9110
National Estimation: 6832

:xb1: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare 
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare/130466

:xb1: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare  (Pre-Owned)
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare/130466

In Stock: 56
Low Stock: 161
No Stock: 3
Sample Range: 329 - 658
National Range: 6631 - 13262
National Estimation: 9946

It does not , tested it myself.
Shady AF but you could buy 4 seperate Elite controllers on 4 seperate transaction if you have enough credit to cover the difference and 4 spare controllers you are looking to get rid of and then return all the Elite controllers over time (Holiday return period).

So when they say "any" controller how well do they check if they work? I have a ps4 controller a mushy trigger...

Is it true that GameStop can bar you from returning an unopened item within the stated time on receipt because, like that episode of Seinfeld, you had the wrong "reasons" for returning it?

I bought an Xbox after Black Friday. The date to return it by is January 7th. This week, it is both $50 cheaper and comes with a bonus $30 gift card. I went into a GS today to ask about returning and rebuying it at the new price, and they said it was a judgement call, and that it would be gaming the system to do so.

When has "it's cheaper at another store" let alone "its cheaper at your own store" ever not been a legitimate reason to return an item? I understand things like cars, you can't go hey this Ford is $5K cheaper than six months ago when I bought it, well, that's year end clearance, and a car is not refundable like that.

Most stores, besides GS apparently, have "price match guarantees" for their own stores, many even for rival stores, but almost always for their own stores where "if you see it for a lower advertised price... we'll refund you the difference". The reason they have these policies is BECAUSE it prevents the hassle of people having to refund the item in full, wait a day, then have another family member go to the other sister-store the next town over and rebuy it at the lower sale price.

So yeah, I'll find another area GS, return it, make up some better excuse ("my kid hates Xbox. The lemmings have been PWN3D!"), and then either buy it again at a third GameStop, or preferably at another store like Amazon that apparently is having the exact same sale. How in the world that makes me a criminal gaming the system I don't know.

Is it true that GameStop can bar you from returning an unopened item within the stated time on receipt because, like that episode of Seinfeld, you had the wrong "reasons" for returning it?

I bought an Xbox after Black Friday. The date to return it by is January 7th. This week, it is both $50 cheaper and comes with a bonus $30 gift card. I went into a GS today to ask about returning and rebuying it at the new price, and they said it was a judgement call, and that it would be gaming the system to do so.

When has "it's cheaper at another store" let alone "its cheaper at your own store" ever not been a legitimate reason to return an item? I understand things like cars, you can't go hey this Ford is $5K cheaper than six months ago when I bought it, well, that's year end clearance, and a car is not refundable like that.

Most stores, besides GS apparently, have "price match guarantees" for their own stores, many even for rival stores, but almost always for their own stores where "if you see it for a lower advertised price... we'll refund you the difference". The reason they have these policies is BECAUSE it prevents the hassle of people having to refund the item in full, wait a day, then have another family member go to the other sister-store the next town over and rebuy it at the lower sale price.

So yeah, I'll find another area GS, return it, make up some better excuse ("my kid hates Xbox. The lemmings have been PWN3D!"), and then either buy it again at a third GameStop, or preferably at another store like Amazon that apparently is having the exact same sale. How in the world that makes me a criminal gaming the system I don't know.
If it isn't opened they will return it. Employee obviously just didn't want to. AFAIK you can't return opened consoles though.

Says on the receipt last line of return policy. 

merchandise purchased on promotional discounts may be subject to return restrictions. 

but yea you just ran into a douche, herd plenty of other here who got price adjustments/free game when the offer changed/got added. I would've just told the guy on the spot to return it if he didn't wanna adjust it and that I'll just get it at BB. Then goto anther GS and rebuy if he doesn't. They might not wanna do the adjustment but the they def don't wanna miss out on the sale completely to a competitor. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back