GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty bad. Can you imagine little Timmy saving up his allowance and he has to buy a used controller to get just a bit more value so he can play video games with his brother, and between being in school and his parents being too busy to go to Gamestop again, he's not able to exchange it until after the return policy has already expired? Though you reminded me that I need to test out my Kinect in case someone traded it in broken.
It's more on gamestop than anything else. If they aren't testing them it's their own damn fault. I'm still amazed that used controllers go for as much as they do when selling back considering they far and away get the most wear from normal usage. Both my launch PS4 controllers damn near were failing apart from normal use and gamestop paid $35 a pop for them... ok

Probably a long shot, but what are the odds that the "$5 PUR Pro Day" coupons work during the Cash=Credit for extra $5 cash? Lol

I went in to return my DR4 and they wanted to give me 65 dollars worth of trade credit back instead of half cash/half credit like I originally paid. Apparently trade credit takes over cash even though they were about a buck or so apart from each other so the greater denomination wins. Got back my cash as they gutted out a sealed copy to put on the floor. 

I went in to return my DR4 and they wanted to give me 65 dollars worth of trade credit back instead of half cash/half credit like I originally paid. Apparently trade credit takes over cash even though they were about a buck or so apart from each other so the greater denomination wins. Got back my cash as they gutted out a sealed copy to put on the floor.
Nah, I just think the POS is glitched when it comes to returns and it just does whatever it wants half the time. For instance, I returned something a few days ago for which I paid $39.99 credit, and was given $44 cash back instead

Well this is a minor trick but it apparently works. If you have a gift receipt and make a return depending on your state possibly or nationwide they give you a gift card not a trade card or cash back for the item you purchase. I went to two stores to return Dead Rising 4 and the Last Guardian. One store did a gift card the other cash with tax even though I used trade credit. Seems like it might be a good way to cash out all your credit just like with a online order they have to refund you cash or a gift card.

Nah, I just think the POS is glitched when it comes to returns and it just does whatever it wants half the time. For instance, I returned something a few days ago for which I paid $39.99 credit, and was given $44 cash back instead
I think it has more to do with tax. For some reason it cannot refund tax in credit in some states. Maybe for such a large company, tax is reported and paid quickly to the state. And when a return is made, it's easier to show the loss in cash than credit to their benefit when reporting.

Hmm most likely. I remember paying for Destiny way back with all trade credit and then returned it after the reviews and was given all cash.

Speaking of cash with the credit=cash promo think I may bite on a new PS4 and then pay myself back by trading the old one and getting cash

That's pretty bad. Can you imagine little Timmy saving up his allowance and he has to buy a used controller to get just a bit more value so he can play video games with his brother, and between being in school and his parents being too busy to go to Gamestop again, he's not able to exchange it until after the return policy has already expired? Though you reminded me that I need to test out my Kinect in case someone traded it in broken.
Better than trying to game a free fifty dollars gift card

Or flipping

Either way gamestop should test there crap better

But yeah anyways always test your used crap

Hmm, I still have 2 25 cyber monday and 1 15 cyber monday coupon what to do what to do.
I still have 2 $25 coupons too, just spent my last $15 coupon last week, no idea what to buy yet either atm during b2g1 coming up

Quick question is trade credit put on a gift card? I'm unfamiliar with GameStop I hardly ever set foot in there unless I have to
Trade credit goes onto a Trade card.

Purchases made with Trade card are usually tax-free in most states.

Purchases made with a gift card are taxed on the other hand.

I think it has more to do with tax. For some reason it cannot refund tax in credit in some states. Maybe for such a large company, tax is reported and paid quickly to the state. And when a return is made, it's easier to show the loss in cash than credit to their benefit when reporting.
Nope, sometimes it is returned as cash, sometimes as credit, sometimes as GC, all in the same state.

Overwatch and Infinite Warfare are $60 when purchased together. Looks like I'm returning GTA V and Batman Telltale series & picking these up instead. Do pre-owned games still fall under that extended holiday return policy? The receipt says any product and on the mobile website it says any new product

Anyways, these 2 might be a good credit mover to BB once the 50% bonus starts over there. Infinite Warfare currently trades in for $25 on both systems and Overwatch trades in for $20 on ps4 and $12 on xbone (subject to change of course lol)

Overwatch and Infinite Warfare are $60 when purchased together. Looks like I'm returning GTA V and Batman Telltale series & picking these up instead. Do pre-owned games still fall under that extended holiday return policy? The receipt says any product and on the mobile website it says any new product

Anyways, these 2 might be a good credit mover to BB once the 50% bonus starts over there. Infinite Warfare currently trades in for $25 on both systems and Overwatch trades in for $20 on ps4 and $12 on xbone (subject to change of course lol)
I'm debating that on the credit flipping too. If the values tank I'll just return them back to gamestop. We will know by Monday.

I know GS took away a lot of ways to cash out your GS credit over the last year, but whats the best way now? Gas gift cards? Xbox/psn cards? Any gift cards work at all anymore?
The only cards that don't work are Gas, EBay, & Visa. Amazon cards also but those have been removed from stores.

Possibly dumb question, but how does 10% PUR Pro discount work when combined with the cyber Monday rewards coupons?  Is it 10% off, and then the coupons apply, or the other way around? 

Possibly dumb question, but how does 10% PUR Pro discount work when combined with the cyber Monday rewards coupons? Is it 10% off, and then the coupons apply, or the other way around?
Coupons first then 10% our off what's left after the coupon.

PSA: Lurkers and CAGS alike if your sheet link prompts you to request permission you have the wrong link, stop spamming me with permission requests I ignore them. From this point forward I assume all requests are from lurkers and GS social media spies.

PSA: Lurkers and CAGS alike if your sheet link prompts you to request permission you have the wrong link, stop spamming me with permission requests I ignore them. From this point forward I assume all requests are from lurkers and GS social media spies.
Sometimes I feel really bad for you. This a typical situation that you do something for absolutely no compensation but people will demand so much more effort out of you.

Well went by and asked about returning my XB1 I got on BF for the $30 gift card they said yes just needed my receipt, got the gift card and since today was get an extra controller with purchase I was out the door with $30 gift card and a white Bluetooth XB1 controller. Told gf who had bought one also for her some she got the same deal but took the gaw special edition controller.

Well went by and asked about returning my XB1 I got on BF for the $30 gift card they said yes just needed my receipt, got the gift card and since today was get an extra controller with purchase I was out the door with $30 gift card and a white Bluetooth XB1 controller. Told gf who had bought one also for her some she got the same deal but took the gaw special edition controller.
You can do that? Color me interested.

Got a question for you guys.  What happens if I try to return one or two of the games marked $47.99 on my Best Buy B2G1 receipt? (One is marked $0.00).

Will they prorate it (give me a ~$32 credit back to my card)?  Will they deny the return unless you return all three items?  Or will I get $48 back for returning one game?
I posted this in the proper thread, but its in the deals graveyard, and I need an answer so I can head to the store now.  Thanks!

Got a question for you guys. What happens if I try to return one or two of the games marked $47.99 on my Best Buy B2G1 receipt? (One is marked $0.00).

Will they prorate it (give me a ~$32 credit back to my card)? Will they deny the return unless you return all three items? Or will I get $48 back for returning one game?
I posted this in the proper thread, but its in the deals graveyard, and I need an answer so I can head to the store now. Thanks!
They will prorate your return.

Got a question for you guys. What happens if I try to return one or two of the games marked $47.99 on my Best Buy B2G1 receipt? (One is marked $0.00).

Will they prorate it (give me a ~$32 credit back to my card)? Will they deny the return unless you return all three items? Or will I get $48 back for returning one game?
I posted this in the proper thread, but its in the deals graveyard, and I need an answer so I can head to the store now. Thanks!
Best Buy does not pro-rate bundled discounts (like what they do at Target stores). You will most likely have to return all three games or end up being charged the full price for the games you are keeping and receive only a pittance back.

It's been long enough that most CAGs should know by now and it really isn't hard to figure out where the new link is. ↓
Tapatalk makes that difficult, though. No signatures.

So I tried to return and rebuy my Xbox One S to get in on today's deal, and two GameStops told me no and said it had been too long. Does that sound right? Were they being jerks or is that correct? I bought it during that trade deal on the old ones on 11/22.

Tapatalk makes that difficult, though. No signatures.

So I tried to return and rebuy my Xbox One S to get in on today's deal, and two GameStops told me no and said it had been too long. Does that sound right? Were they being jerks or is that correct? I bought it during that trade deal on the old ones on 11/22.
It sounds like you are still (barely) within your 30-day period...

It sounds like you are still (barely) within your 30-day period...
Called another one and they said I'm still within the return period and can do it. Screw you, closest and second closest GameStops! Closest said if it was within the last few days and still sealed it could work. The second said within a week.

Called another one and they said I'm still within the return period and can do it. Screw you, closest and second closest GameStops! Closest said if it was within the last few days and still sealed it could work. The second said within a week.
Good deal! Make sure to take the console with you if you can just in case. They should be able to pull the S/N from the receipt though, but it helps if you tell them, "I brought the console just in case."

Good deal! Make sure to take the console with you if you can just in case. They should be able to pull the S/N from the receipt though, but it helps if you tell them, "I brought the console just in case."
I actually asked if I just needed the receipt or if I should bring everything, and he said just the receipt. Walking in now, so fingers crossed.

Any CAGr's wanting to trade their trade credit for cash? I'm going to buy a xbox one s to get on the current deal. I figured if anyone was wanting to change their trade credit for cash this might work for both of us. I will only do this with you if you have excellent feedback though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back