GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I mean that just seems kind of dumb to enforce that on games. If you trade in a game and only give the disc or the cartridge, there's literally no way to prove it was stolen, so the 30 day hold is pointless. This is why one GameStop near me in the ghetto always gets disc-only copies of new games the day they come out (some dude steals them from the Target next door and takes them right there; even though they know it's stolen, they can't do anything to prove it). I can see why they would do it for tablets/phones and consoles though
I mean they can refuse anyone anything for any reason thats in everyones fine print.

A refusal from GameStop would be something so bad that not even a refurb can fix. They'll gladly take anything. Case in point: Final Fantasy XV used copies springing up the same day of release at one of my local stores near the ghetto. 

A refusal from GameStop would be something so bad that not even a refurb can fix. They'll gladly take anything. Case in point: Final Fantasy XV used copies springing up the same day of release at one of my local stores near the ghetto.
Yup. Happens with every new game at one near here. Once I was at that GS the day Mafia III came out and I saw a crack head selling them a disc only copy of it. Can't accuse them of stealing if you have no proof, because doing that in retail won't get you very far

The old direct links from yesterday still work and each game says "Coming Soon" now which is what they usually say when they pull them from the kiosk. However yes they do not show up on a search either which furthers me thinking they have been pulled from the kiosks or are about to be pulled.
I checked the local kiosk and yup the Until Dawn I was waiting to buy was not in the menu anymore. So either they were physically removed or updated out of the kiosk menu.

Guys, don't forget with next weeks promo's expect long waits at GS due to all the returns they will probably have.  The employees will probably being stressing enough with the customer complaints about returns.  If you plan on doing any trades, i would suggest getting there early or wait till later in the week. 

BB will probably be the same way with the 50% bonus they have next week.  

Basically if you plan on doing any trades next week expect to be waiting a bit in line.

Time for some guys to trade their games in for cash to buy themselves a girl for a day !!!
4d7ZhDV.jpg

I placed an order on gamestop.com but didnt use my gift card, will they apply the gift card balance for me if I call?
I wouldn't do it. It'll take you at least an hour to talk to someone and then you have to deal with someone who will cancel the order or take your GC funds without placing the order.

I wouldn't do it. It'll take you at least an hour to talk to someone and then you have to deal with someone who will cancel the order or take your GC funds without placing the order.
I was already on hold with them for an hour lol, glad I asked before somebody picked up, def dont want it canceled I ordered a NES classic mini bundle that popped up today online, wanted to get the order in before they were gone so I didnt use my gift card.

Thanks, I will just use the card another time

I was already on hold with them for an hour lol, glad I asked before somebody picked up, def dont want it canceled I ordered a NES classic mini bundle that popped up today online, wanted to get the order in before they were gone so I didnt use my gift card.

Thanks, I will just use the card another time
I wouldnt do anything to it especially if it was a NES order. They'll somehow mess it up. A Gamestop.com guarantee.

They just shipped my controllers. Delivery date is estimated at 12/31. Glad thwy didnt keep it, but the so called release date was 12/12 and they were gifts. Guess ill just wait and return upon receipt if i can

Too bad your mom is already booked by another CAG.
Well guess she'll be meeting a fat, sloppy, Doritos eating COD player, wearing a stupid headset while downstairs in his mom's basement. She's going to have a hard time finding you in a room full of game statues.

But we know she won't have to work hard since the only time he gets hard is when his x"BONE" or PS4 is on :)

Will be the only real woman you get to touch for the whole year, otherwise it will be back to your anime figures

Merry Christmas

Very impressed with Gamestop for my order! Ordered Pokemon Stadium 2 for $38 after coupons and taxes for the gf for Christmas. It shipped out Tuesday with free shipping and actually came in today. The thing is in amazing condition with no marks on the front or back. It works too which is more of a surprise.

Considering I always have an issue with an online order, glad this one worked out.

If I trade in a controller towards and elite controller for the bump up and then return the elite do I keep the bump value in GS credit to use on something else?

Yes, lol I read your name "GCS" and thought hmmm wonder if it stands for Gamestop Corporate Spy O:)
Ouch not me no way! Thanks for the reply. I think I read that the controller bump is limited to one controller traded it right i.e. I cannot take 2 in for $100 in credit towards 1 Elite right?

Not sure its worth it to attempt 2 of these and 2 elite controller returns later. Might get banned for it.

Ouch not me no way! Thanks for the reply. I think I read that the controller bump is limited to one controller traded it right i.e. I cannot take 2 in for $100 in credit towards 1 Elite right?

Not sure its worth it to attempt 2 of these and 2 elite controller returns later. Might get banned for it.
Correct, you could return one in December and another in Jan. before the15th

Went to trade in a game and almost got charged a 4 dollar refurb fee for smudges...I told the guy to clean it off then and he was like "guess I could do that". I swear they get lazier each time and try to make a profit every second they can.

There is a law that hinders everything in California
Pretty much. We bought some new PCs at work a couple of months back, and they came with a tag that says:

"WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm."

IMO, if the problems are only in CA, then it seems the state is the problem, not the chemicals!

Pretty much. We bought some new PCs at work a couple of months back, and they came with a tag that says:

"WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm."

IMO, if the problems are only in CA, then it seems the state is the problem, not the chemicals!
Lol so because they did the research and you don't agree with it then they're the "problem"? Because that warning prevented you from using the product it sounds...

The problem isn't only in California. The problem is only California cares enough about people to inform them of potential risk.

Went to trade in a game and almost got charged a 4 dollar refurb fee for smudges...I told the guy to clean it off then and he was like "guess I could do that". I swear they get lazier each time and try to make a profit every second they can.
Got charged the fee when trading in my copy of Mario Kart 8. Seems like wiping it off only made it worse at least in their eyes. Note to self: clean disks before you go.

Also did anyone get an email from GameStop telling them the amount in certificates you can get based on your total number of points?

The problem isn't only in California. The problem is only California cares enough about people to inform them of potential risk.
Think we give a fuck about our health, the health of our children or the state of the earth itself? Fuuuuuuuuck that, Trump gonna make all the libtard pussies crawl back in their holes and then get a giant saw and send California floating off into the Pacific. Make American Dangerous Again!

Question:  I have 4 of each pre-owned cert from Cyber Monday.  I have been planning to burn some credit on upgrading mine and wife's phones.  None of the stores in the area have the phones I want.  So, can I use the pre-owned certs on a Web in Store order?  I just called a store and they said yes, but I feel like that wasn't possible in the past. 

Question: I have 4 of each pre-owned cert from Cyber Monday. I have been planning to burn some credit on upgrading mine and wife's phones. None of the stores in the area have the phones I want. So, can I use the pre-owned certs on a Web in Store order? I just called a store and they said yes, but I feel like that wasn't possible in the past.
it is my understanding that you cannot use certificates online. What you could do is order them using your credit card (or whatever) online, and then when you get them, you can return them in-store and rebuy them with your certificates. In order to do this, I think you have to get expedited shipping to get the phones before your certificates expire.

it is my understanding that you cannot use certificates online. What you could do is order them using your credit card (or whatever) online, and then when you get them, you can return them in-store and rebuy them with your certificates. In order to do this, I think you have to get expedited shipping to get the phones before your certificates expire.
Does shipping get refunded if you return a shipped order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back