GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
i traded in 4 copies of ffxv with my pro account. can i trade in another one with my id only  account? will i get the 50% bonus? i am in cal. 

Yes it is possible and yes it is more complicated and a moving target since Amazon prices/TIV change randomly throughout the day. I lack the motivation since not many people said they would benefit from it, getting trades accepted is a bitch apparently, and I myself don't trade in to Amazon at all this moment. As of right now the idea is on the back burner while I continue to hammer out functionality in the current queries as well as trying to improve speed as I have been trying to cut the full gamestop query down from 1hr to 30 mins.
Awesome. Just curious. The chaos of Amazon trade in seems to occasionally bestow random good values but is not nearly consistent enough to be worth investing time in. You can't even sort by trade in value low to high. I Tried to keep up with the Amazon trade in thread on this site but, let's just say this thread is way more efficient.

Your work has inspired me to delve deeper into spreadsheets.

This is interesting

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/5m3wuw/preowned_clearance/

Also anyone else notice most of what was left of $0.99 :ps3: :360: :wii: have been raised to $2.99
I noticed this too. There was quite a few games I was looking at for $0.99..just trying to find them complete. I found a few yesterday but they were all raised to $2.99. I didnt see them listed clearance or anything like that. Probably just Gamestop trying to make more money. There is very few $0.99 games left unless you want crappy sports games or some form of a music game. (Rock Revolution) Ive also noticed there has been more and more games which have a N/A for trade in. Kinda sucks especially if theres a game you're looking for. (Bulletstorm was like that for Xbox 360 for a while) They just RECENTLY started buying it again...probably because of the remaster.

For anyone interested Gamestop's current average game profit margin is 75%.

EDIT: To be fair it is probably less then that after salaries and expenses but I don't know those so it purely based off an average of margins that includes all the current trade in promotions.  

These must be some of the pre-owned "clearance" that was talked about here.

Alekhine's Gun :ps4:
Arcania: The Complete Tale :ps4:
Lords of the Fallen :xb1:
Resident Evil Revelations 2 :xb1:
FIFA 14 :xb1:
Madden NFL 15 :ps4:
Madden NFL 15 :xb1:
MLB 14 The Show :ps4:
NBA 2K14 :ps4:
NBA 2K14 :xb1:
NBA 2K15 :xb1:
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD :ps4:
Destiny :ps4:
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD :xb1:
Lords of the Fallen :ps4:
Metro Redux :xb1:
Quantum Break :xb1:
The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited :ps4:
The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited :xb1:
Toy Soldiers: War Chest Hall of Fame Edition :ps4:

Price Changes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o5qZLLPwhnbSneHBURAIRnVQaTCs5JtFjSKNxIhN44c/edit#gid=1855962384

resident evil funko's are at GS now, looks like just the hunter is in stores and the others are available for shipping. Just grabbed a headhunter :D

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-resident+evil+funko,28zu0
Hunter:

In Stock: 154
Low Stock: 55
No Stock: 31
Sample Range: 517 - 979
National Range: 9552 - 18087
National Estimation: 13820

Jill Valentine:
In Stock: 0
Low Stock: 2
No Stock: 238
Sample Range: 2 - 2
National Range: 37 - 37
National Estimation: 37

Rest are OOS everywhere

Hunter:

In Stock: 154
Low Stock: 55
No Stock: 31
Sample Range: 517 - 979
National Range: 9552 - 18087
National Estimation: 13820

Jill Valentine:
In Stock: 0
Low Stock: 2
No Stock: 238
Sample Range: 2 - 2
National Range: 37 - 37
National Estimation: 37

Rest are OOS everywhere
nice thanks, yea pretty sure the hunters just showed up yesterday in stores, saw an employee post on reddit. Others should be coming soon. I'm thinking about placing an order once the licker is available to ship to take advantage of the B1g1 half off.

hot topic has an exclusive 6 inch tyrant that seems to be in stores now, ebay is flooded with them and target has the same tyant but glows in the dark. Don't think it's out yet but idk

I remember back when the retro trades everywhere started, people were trading in GBAs for $22.50 base with the $25 bonus coupon. But I went to check the website just now for the current value and it didn't come up in the search at all. Not even a N/A result. Did they stop taking those in for trade at some point?

Just a cross post to help the crowd, the best buy ad for week of 1/8 was just updated with, "Buy Two, Get One Free on all pre-owned games". Flipperoonies maybe?

I remember back when the retro trades everywhere started, people were trading in GBAs for $22.50 base with the $25 bonus coupon. But I went to check the website just now for the current value and it didn't come up in the search at all. Not even a N/A result. Did they stop taking those in for trade at some point?
They still take them. They're listed at $20. Maybe you were searching under games, not consoles?

They're listed weird. Type in game under the console tab. It brings up all the different gameboy consoles

too bad the games i got online  and was told cause they did not include a  recept   i can only get   a gift card.. mostly lost 3 bucks ..o  well

They still take them. They're listed at $20. Maybe you were searching under games, not consoles?
I checked under all four categories. I found classic, Color, and Super Game Boy, but nothing for GBA.

This is on the website. Did you find that value on the app?

They're listed weird. Type in game under the console tab. It brings up all the different gameboy consoles
Tried that, all I get is the GB classic.

I would check with the app. I've noticed a number of game boy advance and GameCube items show up on the app but not the website. Including the Game boy advance itself.

If you are having trouble finding it, the employee might have the same problem when you go to trade it in. When I traded my GBA SP, it took the employee multiple searches to finally get the keywords right for it to show up.

Traded in a Wii, a DS lite with a shot screen (refurbed), and a disgusting scratched and chewed GB advance for $92 cash. Unreal. I would have trouble getting a third of that at a gamers swap meet.

ah shit im late to the party. Is the 50% still going on in California by chance? is it really on top of the values online...so like I can get 35.20 for Rise of the Tomb Raider ps4?? 

I saw one post mentioning that the 50% bonus coupon didn't work on controllers, has anyone had success getting the bonus to ring up automatically on accessories?

The SD card is not required, but I'm pretty sure that you need the faceplate and the charger
I went to trade in a new 3DS XL last week and the first store said they required a charger (which I didn't have), so I left and ended up going to a different store with the charger and when I asked the guy said I didn't need it. So the answer is it's up to the store lol.

i traded in 3 xb1 controller with bonus last week .
I also traded in 3x Xbone controller but it did not get the 50% bonus. Didn't realized until I look at the receipt at home. Actually the other accessory (3ds USB cable) didn't get the boost either. All the games got the extra 50% fine. Anyone trading in accessories using the 50% offer double check the amount.

I also traded in 3x Xbone controller but it did not get the 50% bonus. Didn't realized until I look at the receipt at home. Actually the other accessory (3ds USB cable) didn't get the boost either. All the games got the extra 50% fine. Anyone trading in accessories using the 50% offer double check the amount.
I think there may be a difference between the standard California 50% bonus and the 50% bonus from the pro day offer. I'm in California so i got the bonus on my controllers (no coupon usage).

The SD card is not required, but I'm pretty sure that you need the faceplate and the charger
I went to trade in a new 3DS XL last week and the first store said they required a charger (which I didn't have), so I left and ended up going to a different store with the charger and when I asked the guy said I didn't need it. So the answer is it's up to the store lol.
The 3DSes require the charger, but the "new" 3DSes don't. Basically, if the unit came with a charger, you need it.

Anyone get the cash card for buying GTA in store recently? Discount and cash card offer is still up on the site.
I did yesterday and expect to tomorrow also. As long as the offer is still on the website it should still be available in store.

Does anyone have a screenshot or copy of the ad from the pro day that advertised a b2g1 coupon AND a 50% TIV bonus coupon?

I seem to recall we were supposed to get both.

Just noticed on one of my accounts that some assclown at GS changed my middle name under "What should we call you?" to be "NO RETURNS"... my middle name there is now "Gamestop Sucks"

I think there may be a difference between the standard California 50% bonus and the 50% bonus from the pro day offer. I'm in California so i got the bonus on my controllers (no coupon usage).
Might be, but the coupon in my active offer specifically says games and accessories.

Does anyone have a screenshot or copy of the ad from the pro day that advertised a b2g1 coupon AND a 50% TIV bonus coupon?

I seem to recall we were supposed to get both.
I remembered the same. I don't have a SS though.

Just noticed on one of my accounts that some assclown at GS changed my middle name under "What should we call you?" to be "NO RETURNS"... my middle name there is now "Gamestop Sucks"
Did you originally have it as "What should we call you?" I would be careful with whichever cashier you suspect it was.

anyone in CallyFORNya done the 20% toward RE7 yet? Wondering as a datapoint if stacks with 50%
62206620.jpg

Speaking of assclowns, I bought a game last night at GameStop and the total sounded higher to me than it should've been. I looked at the item screen and the cashier automatically applied a $2 warranty. I told him I didn't want it, he told me how great it was, I told him no thanks, and then he removed it and told me that he adds it to every preowned purchase that he is in charge of.

Sounds like a lot of swindled money to me...

Speaking of assclowns, I bought a game last night at GameStop and the total sounded higher to me than it should've been. I looked at the item screen and the cashier automatically applied a $2 warranty. I told him I didn't want it, he told me how great it was, I told him no thanks, and then he removed it and told me that he adds it to every preowned purchase that he is in charge of.

Sounds like a lot of swindled money to me...
Do the survey and ask the DM contact you.

What he is doing is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back