GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
All my local stores said they sold out of most of their WiiU systems shortly after Nintendo revealed the Switch and annouced the WiiU has been discontinued. It is a low production Nintendo console that is actually very well made and fun to play, I expect the price of these and the games to go up after the switch has been out for a few years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I mean, technically the 360 is the console predecessor to the Scorpio. I guess even more so than that I'd imagine there will be about the same demand for a WiiU when the Switch comes out as there will be for a 360 when the Scorpio comes out.
Not really...

360 --> One --> One S --> Scorpio

All my local stores said they sold out of most of their WiiU systems shortly after Nintendo revealed the Switch and annouced the WiiU has been discontinued. It is a low production Nintendo console that is actually very well made and fun to play, I expect the price of these and the games to go up after the switch has been out for a few years.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
That's a possibility, I'd imagine that would be more in part to low production runs than anything else though.

The Wii U sucks but it'll definitely be a collector's item down the road. There are already very few in existence compared to other Nintendo consoles, and when you factor in the gamepad and all the cords required for it, it'll eventually be very tough to find a mint and complete one. Plus it has a decent if underwhelming catalog of games, some of which already have cult followings that will only continue to grow, especially the ones that won't get ported to 3DS or Switch

Looks like the Wii boost is done, one with motion plus is 35 and without is 20, good thing I got two through for $100 cash. Looks like old Xbox ones were boosted a little. 500gb is 100 and 1tb is 125, I have a 1tb I am looking to trade but want at least 150. Hope there is a Switch trade promo.

I'll be interested to see what the Wii U gets boosted to on a trade in promo. Sitting at $120 credit now, seems likely it would only go to $150 if the Switch is really only going to retail around $249.

Really a shame the Wii U didn't get more quality titles, I found it to be a great console. 

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/borderlands-2-mad-moxxi-purple-coat-statue-only-at-gamestop/127018

Mad Moxxi statue dropped from $120 to $97, not sure if this is a new drop, but didn't see it before. I saw a store display once and it looked awful, the face is painted too long. It was much better when it wasn't colored but black and white.
I saw one of these the other day and the face just ruins it. If they had spent half the time on the face they spent on the boobs it would have turned out much better.

my local store said friday too, in the morning. They already got calls from people who asked when to start lining up in the morning. I really don't want to deal with that shit, especially since I think each store will only get around 10 units. 

I think camping online is the best bet...hopefully amazon, BB, and/or gamestop.com also go live friday morning

I mean Nintendo did already say they have preorders at the NYC store starting Friday morning at 9 am. It's reasonable to assume they will also be open elsewhere.

Who else is going to have it on Friday other than BB, Amazon, and GS? I have Friday off, so I will be F5'ing like hell all day.

Damn I want to preorder at GS because I don't get charged tax but that is super annoying to think this will end up like the NES Classic. Might just stick with BB.

The Switch was gonna be the first console EVER that I bought on launch day, but if I can't walk into GS when they open Friday morning and preorder it, then fuck it. I played Nintendo's artificial shortage game for the NES Classic and the $99 N3DS, and busted my ass to get both for MSRP. I won't be doing that again. If Nintendo wants to play that game again, then they won't be getting my money until Switches are readily available.

I'm sick of having to camp out an hour before a store opens, or sit on a website refreshing the page until 2am, just to get a Nintendo item I want. Just let me buy your fucking system for MSRP you stupid assholes. I literally bought a Wii U and 40 games for it, so isn't that the least you can do?

Hiring the neighborhood children to wait in the cold at all 20 GameStops in my area to each preorder a switch. Paying them $5 to wait for 3 hours lmao, what dumbasses.

my local store said friday too, in the morning. They already got calls from people who asked when to start lining up in the morning. I really don't want to deal with that shit, especially since I think each store will only get around 10 units.

I think camping online is the best bet...hopefully amazon, BB, and/or gamestop.com also go live friday morning
If anything they will go live when the conference finishes around midnight est. Or later. Don't think they will wait till morning.

Is it even worth it to get a Wii U at this point? I think the Wii U games are just going to get Switch ports. 

Just a quick question. I purchased a few retro games online from their recent Retro Sale and I only just got the chance to test them out and one of them (Super Mario Sunshine) didn't work.

Now when I ordered, I used $65+ from trade credit I had and another $10 on my debit. If I return Sunshine in-store, how would I get my money back, in cash or credit?

Is it even worth it to get a Wii U at this point? I think the Wii U games are just going to get Switch ports.
If you have a good gaming PC The CEMU emulator -- http://cemu.info -- is getting close to the point of running flawlessly games BETTER than a wii u. People have created 4k texture packs and it looks absolutely insane. No online multiplayer sadly, so if you love online MK8 or SSMB then ya a wii u is better. But if you just wanna play the dozen or so 90+ games in single player like super mario, bayonetta, donkey kong, etc than the emu might be a great option.

I played a bit of Zelda Wind Waker and it worked great, especially since I traded my Wii U last year into gamestop but still own digital licenses for a dozen games or so I can't even play and probably won't have any sort of discount when switch comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back