GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in so old 360 / PS3 games, and I got $95 with 20% bump. I ended up putting $5 down for RE7 and the rest for for a Switch preorder. The guy confirmed he neon bundle is more limited than the regular with grey controllers. I'm debating on whether or not to trade splatoon and Pokémon white 2 with another 20% bump. I didn't play much of splatoon, and as it's mostly multiplayer game the community might be dying off soon.

Also, got a 3ds xl I might trade. But it's hacked and I would have to undo that which takes effort haha

33.60 for Siege after 20% Res and $5 bonus. Only had a small hoodie so didn't try that. Went with the Trump friendly Battlefield 1 shirt instead.

This was a nice bump. Got $365 and a lot of it was black Friday and holiday sale games that ended up trading for $5-$10 more than I paid.

Paid off switch and Zelda. All set for March.

Traded in the most I ever did with the 50% today, and they didn't know about the T-Shirt promo. Went back a few hours later and showed them and they just gave me a T-Shirt for free, no having to redo the transaction or even show them the receipt. They didn't even scan the T-Shirt and let me walk out the door just like that. So just try your luck and talk to them about it, because I think the T-Shirts are pretty worthless to them, and they'll be happy to give them away. My store's clothing section is a mess too, looks like a Macys after Black Friday.

Does anybody know if GS is taking trade-ins for Gamecube and Super Mario Sunshine? When I checked their site there was no listing for GC and SMS was listed as N/A. Thanks!

Traded in the most I ever did with the 50% today, and they didn't know about the T-Shirt promo. Went back a few hours later and showed them and they just gave me a T-Shirt for free, no having to redo the transaction or even show them the receipt. They didn't even scan the T-Shirt and let me walk out the door just like that. So just try your luck and talk to them about it, because I think the T-Shirts are pretty worthless to them, and they'll be happy to give them away. My store's clothing section is a mess too, looks like a Macys after Black Friday.
you have the link of the promo you showed them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the free t-shirt promo work with cash trades?
It should, it's just an extra promo stacked on whatever you usually get, sorta working like a coupon.

you have the link of the promo you showed them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Just scroll to the bottom and it's one of the 4 promos they are currently running. The link to the list does not work, so you will have to show them the list mentioned earlier in this thread. Also shoutouts to Blackbeard and a few others for mentioning this.

Gamestop basically throwing them away since no one wants them like a Cena shirt.

gZ1IE.gif

Assasins creed syndicate is $8 at bestbuy with gcu and trades for $22,3 after res7 preorder

Today I went to a GameStop at 5pm (7 hours after they opened) and they had a flier posted saying that they had 16 Switch systems for preorder. I asked "So how quick did you sell out of your Switch preorders?" and the guy said that they still had some left... not a good sign for Nintendo :/

Today I went to a GameStop at 5pm (7 hours after they opened) and they had a flier posted saying that they had 16 Switch systems for preorder. I asked "So how quick did you sell out of your Switch preorders?" and the guy said that they still had some left... not a good sign for Nintendo :/
Abysmol imho. Arms fucking lolololol

so you see a poster saying there's 16 left and you ask how quickly they sold out?

and I don't think Nintendo is worried about one (or all for that matter) Gamestop not fulfilling all their allotted pre orders in one day, still plenty of time left. I'd say they're very happy with the reception they've gotten this early with online retailers selling out so fast.

If a store cancels a pre-order, do they lose that alotted pre-order? I paid for the Switch in full (dumb move) and decided later to trade my XB1 for the bonus, but they told me they weren't sure if it was possible. Different employee, so I don't think they were just trying to save a cancelled pre-order.

If a store cancels a pre-order, do they lose that alotted pre-order? I paid for the Switch in full (dumb move) and decided later to trade my XB1 for the bonus, but they told me they weren't sure if it was possible. Different employee, so I don't think they were just trying to save a cancelled pre-order.
Since you already paid it off, you'll have to start working on another preorder.

@kyle-both the gamestops by me had well over 20 switch preorders each left as of 7PM. All gray though. One of those is a very small store too and couldnt have started with many more than that this morning

@kyle-both the gamestops by me had well over 20 switch preorders each left as of 7PM. All gray though. One of those is a very small store too and couldnt have started with many more than that this morning
I also could only get a gray pre-order. If you want the neon just pre-order a neon controller by itself.

damn I didnt know about the tshirt when i was trading in couple of hours ago... maybe will ask for one tomorrow...

so you see a poster saying there's 16 left and you ask how quickly they sold out?

and I don't think Nintendo is worried about one (or all for that matter) Gamestop not fulfilling all their allotted pre orders in one day, still plenty of time left. I'd say they're very happy with the reception they've gotten this early with online retailers selling out so fast.
16 at the time of opening, duh. And as of now GS still has them in stock on the website. Other websites have them coming in and out of stock and they were up for several hours at every retailer. For a company who produces such few stock, it's not good that the system is staying in stock for so long. The Wii U was the same iirc, where preorders took a day or two to sell out but then they were easy to find right after release. And a similar launch to the Wii U is the last thing Nintendo wants right now

Traded 12 games with the $5 code, 20% RE7 boost, got a free tshirt and got about $330. Picked up Alienware Stream Machine (i7) along with Overwatch collectors edition and 3 Pokémon 3DS games. Will trade back the 3 Pokémons and Overwatch tomorrow. Nice promo going on now. I recommend do your trades if you are on the fence.

Anyone have this problem? I have a B2G1 and the 50% trade boost coupons in my active offers. When I try to click them to print the coupons, nothing happens. If I go through the rewards website and click on active offers, it just sends me to the gamestop website where I can't open the coupons. If I do it through my phone, I can get a coupon code for them that has to be entered manually, but no actual coupon. Is that just how these coupons are?

Anyone have this problem? I have a B2G1 and the 50% trade boost coupons in my active offers. When I try to click them to print the coupons, nothing happens. If I go through the rewards website and click on active offers, it just sends me to the gamestop website where I can't open the coupons. If I do it through my phone, I can get a coupon code for them that has to be entered manually, but no actual coupon. Is that just how these coupons are?
They should be able to use the coupons directly from your account at the register.

Yeah while its doing ok the biggest took away i got today from work is pretty much everyone that is reserving is a hard core nintendo fan. System doesn't really have any buzz outside of the Nintendo core which isn't a good start.

Hopefully for them its well received and word of mouth makes it desirable.

With the RE7 20% bonus trade in do I pick up and return the game or can I just cancel the preorder later to keep the bonus and not get RE7.

I have a stack of games I want to trade. I've never done the extra 20% toward a game. Do I tell them I want to preorder resident evil 7 apply the credit and cancel it later. Or can I just say put $5 down for the game, get extra credit then cancel that preorder later. I want the 20% bonus but don't care for resident evil 7 and will probably wait for a deep discount later. Thanks in advance

You can do any of those things. You can also pick up the game at release and then return it. Some favor this method because it doesn't take a pre-order away from that employee.

Guess I have to spend some cash to join this stealth bump. Picking up rainbow six (xbone/ps4) used, UFC 2(xbone/ps4) and twilight princess used from best buy spending around 90, should net me about $190 after my %50 coupon. Using that credit to buy groceries.

Stupid question. I've not dealt with gamestop in a long time. Seeing as I have a ton of stuff to trade aiming for the res evil 7 bump, will it apply the 20% bonus to everything in the transaction even though it will be obviously over the total for the game?

Stupid question. I've not dealt with gamestop in a long time. Seeing as I have a ton of stuff to trade aiming for the res evil 7 bump, will it apply the 20% bonus to everything in the transaction even though it will be obviously over the total for the game?
Yes, the overflow can go onto a trade card or your PUR card (your preference).

The cashier told me he wrote a note in my account saying I can't cancel my RE7 pre-order because I am taking advantage of the 20% bonus. Lol okay.

Kinda like how you could pre order a PS4 months after E3? lol I reserved mine like august or September 2013

i got a question.  I trade in my wii u and preordered the switch.  Niw my friend want to do the same thing but he doesn;t have a pro account.  Can I go to another gamestop and do the same thing?

i got a question. I trade in my wii u and preordered the switch. Niw my friend want to do the same thing but he doesn;t have a pro account. Can I go to another gamestop and do the same thing?
You might as well do it at the same store after explaining your situation.

1 more cag question before the end of the day. Does the $5 coupon stack with all games in a trade in or just 1 only
One game per transaction.

So I just looked through that game list for the free t-shirt promo and 8 of the games I was going to trade tomorrow are on it. Time for a wardrobe change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back