GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
My town no longer has a gamestop. If I go to the one closest to me and trade in some stuff can I use the credit online. Wouldn't mind trading a wii for $50 towards the Switch
Yea, it can be used online. Just be sure to call ahead of time because if they don't have any Switch for preorder, you're not getting that extra trade-in credit.

Wow, with the stealth bump this weekend I wish I had renewed on Pro Day for the xtra 50% weekend going on right now.  Good thinking for those who chose to do it. 

<pic deleted for space>
Thanks - I didn't see this before I had to head out there but luckily the guys at my local GS said they were just scanning the coupon for everyone all day, so that was nice.

On the other hand when I said "You get a free T-shirt with certain trades, right?" they went "Yeah, right. Wouldn't that be nice". They thought I was joking until we rang it up to give it a shot and then they were astounded. I got one of the red "distressed" Rebel Alliance symbol shirts for my son. It was a licensed Disney/Star Wars shirt that was normally $14.99 so that was nice. They didn't have a great selection otherwise.

I had put in an order for store pickup at Best Buy and unfortunately no stores within 250 miles had AC Syndicate and I missed the list of games reposted on the last page (even though I went back 10+ pages before I left), but I managed the following:

FF X/X-2 PS4 $11.99 -> $19.50

Shadow of Mordor GOTY PS4 $11.99 -> $22.10

UFC 2 PS4 $19.99 -> 32.50

UFC 2 X1 $19.99 -> $37.50 ($5 coupon got added here)

I only had to put $5 down on RE7 so if I just want to forget about it I can. They also had a Pokémon Go Plus in stock! I had tried to call earlier to see if they had them because I heard some stores got them this week and they put me on hold for 30 minutes so I just hung up. I am so glad I stopped in.

On the other hand, they were completely sold out of Switch preorders.

So I spent $64 at Best Buy and got the free T-shirt, a $34.99 Pogo Plus, $5 on RE7, and $72 put back on to my PUR card. Not bad, since I might have just done it for the $64->$72 alone as flipping has been very poor for me lately and I needed some more GS credit.

I also tacked on 2 x AC Syndicate for shipping to my Best Buy store pickup order and got free shipping on those instead of the $5.99 they wanted to charge me for shipping those alone. If they come in time I'll just trade them straight up or maybe even just keep one. Its hard to keep track of all the AC games but I don't think I have that one yet ;). I also bought an extra FF X/X-2 and Shadow of Mordor GotY to keep. I also went to Baja Fresh with my son and used a $5 off coupon for dinner there. Total time spent was about 2 hours - well worth it for all that. It wasn't the $1000+ 50% bonus flipping bonanza some of you did, but I'm happy with the result.

Is it just me or is the Switch trade in bonus offer missing from the GS trade deals page?
Yep, it was there before I left around 6pm Pacific. Now, nearly 10pm and it is gone. Interesting. I was thinking of doing that with my X1 (since I have a slim now) but since I couldn't even get the Switch preorder done (sold out at my store) I guess I'm out of luck x 2. I wonder what this means for those who were planning on trading systems later in the week and hoping to add the deal to their existing preorder.

Yep, it was there before I left around 6pm Pacific. Now, nearly 10pm and it is gone. Interesting. I was thinking of doing that with my X1 (since I have a slim now) but since I couldn't even get the Switch preorder done (sold out at my store) I guess I'm out of luck x 2. I wonder what this means for those who were planning on trading systems later in the week and hoping to add the deal to their existing preorder.
Should be valid from 1/13 - 1/22 but they do put disclaimers on their offers that state they can terminate for any reason without notice.

Fine print from the sign on the door at my local store on Friday says they were planning on running the system trade bonus on the switch through 1/22 so maybe they just took down advertising since preorders are selling out and the bonus will still work. I will report back if I get to try it before getting banned as I did a 58 game trade worth over $1,500 today with my $50 coupon.

I traded in a PS4 and Wii towards a Switch preorder today. The bonus was only applied to one system, and did not include the "Pro" bonus. The associate was awesome though, as she manually adjusted the value on the PS4. She wasn't confident that she could do the same on the Wii without raising a red flag, so she processed the preorder with only the PS4. She did a secondary transaction where she cancelled the preorder and then created another with the Wii trade in. The same thing happened with a manual adjustment required for the Pro bonus. That deal must be dead.

Should be valid from 1/13 - 1/22 but they do put disclaimers on their offers that state they can terminate for any reason without notice.

I traded in a PS4 and Wii towards a Switch preorder today. The bonus was only applied to one system, and did not include the "Pro" bonus. The associate was awesome though, as she manually adjusted the value on the PS4. She wasn't confident that she could do the same on the Wii without raising a red flag, so she processed the preorder with only the PS4. She did a secondary transaction where she cancelled the preorder and then created another with the Wii trade in. The same thing happened with a manual adjustment required for the Pro bonus. That deal must be dead.
That's fuck ing disappointing if its true. I can't be upset because that disclaimer is always in their promos stipulating that it could be cancelled at any time. I'm just disappointed because I have a bunch of wii power bricks, audio video cables, sensor bars, and wii motion plus attachments being delivered Sunday and Monday for these spare consoles I have. I guess now I can have a wii set up in every TV of the house. :wall: If the promo is over, I'm not picking up that GS preorder I placed. I'm glad I locked a preorder in on Amazon because I'm confident I can build up $300+tax worth of giftcard there before March instead.

I'll report my experience tomorrow afternoon or whenever my amazon shipment arrives. I have some games for the t shirt promo to trade anyway if that is still active tomorrow.

Looks like you're right. I had a friend trade in a Wii earlier today towards his Switch preorder. I looked at his receipt and he only got $20 (Promo #19250)

so i have to trade all games towards re7 for most credit? I already ordered the game from microsoft store could i still keep the credit and not get re7?

also how are people getting 50% bonus i bought pro membership yesterday did i miss out on that?

I traded two Wii systems today at two different times, one the $35 motion plus version and the other the $20 regular version. Both got the 19250 promo and both only got boosted $20 (motion plus system was $55, regular was $40). Didn't bother to argue but I'm pretty sure the flier and website say a $30 bonus for Pro members (which I am), not $20

I traded two Wii systems today at two different times, one the $35 motion plus version and the other the $20 regular version. Both got the 19250 promo and both only got boosted $20 (motion plus system was $55, regular was $40). Didn't bother to argue but I'm pretty sure the flier and website say a $30 bonus for Pro members (which I am), not $20
That's a bummer. There was a flier taped to the register, so I just pointed to that and asked why I didn't receive the Pro bonus. I wonder how many folks were screwed out of the extra $25/$10 on the system trade-in towards a Switch preorder.

so i have to trade all games towards re7 for most credit? I already ordered the game from microsoft store could i still keep the credit and not get re7?

also how are people getting 50% bonus i bought pro membership yesterday did i miss out on that?
Put a deposit on RE7 and just don't pick it up I guess. That's what I usually do. The 50% bonus was if you purchased your GCU on a specific day last year

Anyone know if  :360: WWE 2k16 had its TIV bumped?

I'm trying to get a filler for the Bestbuy VISA checkout promo, and I was wondering if the value will hold until it gets shipped to me.

Anyone know if :360: WWE 2k16 had its TIV bumped?

I'm trying to get a filler for the Bestbuy VISA checkout promo, and I was wondering if the value will hold until it gets shipped to me.
According to my records in was $8 base on 1/12 and was bumped up to $15 base on 1/13.

According to my records in was $8 base on 1/12 and was bumped up to $15 base on 1/13.
Alright thanks, $15 for a year old sports game was too good to be true lol. Still pretty good TIV though.

EDIT: Nvm, I found a better option. Preowned Madden NFL 2016 is actually available for pickup near me. It had the same TIV as WWE 2016

traded in a ps4 earlier today and forgot to reset the console

asked them to plug it in for that and didnt watch as she did it but i was able to start clicking english and selecting timezone before she powered it off.. i was rtying to get to the home screen and see if she ''wiped it'' or something but was told it was time to go pretty mucjh...

what can happen if it wasnt wiped? 

Far Cry Primal for Xbox One trades in for $24.20 Pro. Considering trading in the cheap copy that I ordered from Best Buy right after the holidays since it's a UbiSoft game.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - PlayStation 4 is $12 with gcu at best buy and trades for $22,30 after re7 preorder at gamestop. Just got 6 to trade in around my GameStops today. The xbox one version is a couple bucks more expensive but you still get profit.

While trading a game last night the employee was telling me the Switch bonus "ends tonight, so bring what you got". In my head I was thinking what a dumb ass doesn't know his own promotions. Guess I'm the dumb one

I put $50 down yesterday when I flipped an AC Syndicate intending to bring in my launch PS4 this afternoon. fuck guess I'm keeping the PS4.
I'm a guess since pre orders are filling up they took it down. No point in having the promo on the website if stores don't have any switch pre orders left.

That or they got alot more used systems then they were expecting ha.

Shit, I just traded in Link between Worlds and Pokemon White v2 yesterday and didn't know about the free shirt promo.  Oh well...

While trading a game last night the employee was telling me the Switch bonus "ends tonight, so bring what you got". In my head I was thinking what a dumb ass doesn't know his own promotions. Guess I'm the dumb one
The promo is good until next week; however, they won't take anymore preorders after last night. So idk how that's gonna work for ppl that were thinking or trading in their systems for the extra $75 credit.

NOT sure why they even make that extra trade in promo until 1/21

The promo is good until next week; however, they won't take anymore preorders after last night. So idk how that's gonna work for ppl that were thinking or trading in their systems for the extra $75 credit.

NOT sure why they even make that extra trade in promo until 1/21
Even if there are still Switch preorders available? That doesn't make sense. I was all set to trade in my Silver 3DS XL for $130 after finally moving to a Black New 3DS, too. :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back