GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm whether or not the $75/$30 extra credit promo still works on systems traded towards the Switch?
That would really suck if it wasn't. I knew I should have gone last night just to be safe. Hopefully someone can confirm (since I'm on the West Coast and still have over an hour before they open).

My Pro Day B2G1 coupon is going to expire today. I guess I can get three preowned $10 games just to use it up. But I don't really want anything, so I should probably just give it away.

Pro Day ones start tomorrow, yours is likely from another renewal.
The only time I renewed in the past year was on Pro Day in November, so I guess my B2G1 coupon is the standard PUR renewal (I've already used the 50% bonus coupon). Well, I guess I shouldn't care if it's going to expire if we're getting another one for renewing on Pro Day.

Assuming the coupon isn't tied to my PUR account, feel free to PM me if you want a B2G1 coupon. I'll send the PDF to you.

EDIT: GONE

So you just tell them that code when you trade in your games and it will apply the bonus $5?

...wouldn't a simple call make more sense than blinding driving down to the shop?
You'd be surprise how much wrong info you get over the phone. Even in store, sometimes you have to educate the employee's on their own promotions since they have no idea. I don't believe te communication between mananagers and employees about deals or updates is very good in most stores.

So you just tell them that code when you trade in your games and it will apply the bonus $5?
Yes! They can key in the code or there will most likely be a stack of coupons by the register that they can scan the bar code on; it will only apply to one game in the transaction.

Technically, if you have multiple gamestops on the way you could stop at them and trade in at least 1 at each stop and be able to use the $5 code multiple times instead of just once.

Yes but they took it off the website, so we want to know if it still rings up in store without having to get a manual adjustment
No manual adjustment was needed but the employee made me put it all on my preorder. Then tried to tell me I wouldn't get the bonus otherwise. Guess I'll be completing the survey on the receipt.

Can confirm the $75/$30 bonus for consoles traded towards a Switch preorder is still live. You have to have them scan the code from GSO for the extra $10 Pro bonus though

Glitch Alert.. At Gamestop You can buy Lego Marvel Avengers "Xbox One or Ps4" for $17.09 then trade it in for $24.20 store credit with Pur of course.. Have fun & enjoy..

so all t-shirts r free when a game from http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/trade/images/TshirtTradePromo.pdf is traded in? Does it include the shirts that are prepackaged in the bags or only the ones on the hangers? Has anyone encountered a tshirt that didn't work yet?
I think it's all shirts. I got a couple in bags and hangars. They all zeroed out, but it's one per transaction. They let me do separate transactions to get a free shirt with each trade. Hoodies and bath robes don't work though.

I got a question, is the free t shirt thing for all gamestop or just some?  I trade in assassin creed yesterday and they didn;t mention anything and when I call them about it today they claim their satore is nto doing it

I got a question, is the free t shirt thing for all gamestop or just some? I trade in assassin creed yesterday and they didn;t mention anything and when I call them about it today they claim their satore is nto doing it
All gamestops are doing this offer; People that you talked to are clueless.

Can confirm the $75/$30 bonus for consoles traded towards a Switch preorder is still live. You have to have them scan the code from GSO for the extra $10 Pro bonus though

No manual adjustment was needed but the employee made me put it all on my preorder. Then tried to tell me I wouldn't get the bonus otherwise. Guess I'll be completing the survey on the receipt.
Thank you so much for confirming. I'm heading to my gs now that I preordered at.

Says through 1/16 on the site; unless my phone is wrong, that is tomorrow.
But isn't is possible that the stealth TIV boost may be over tomorrow? Maybe I'm incorrect.

got 20 shirts so far and not a single gamestop employee knew about the deal, so dont rely on them

man, gs is literally giving away credits. too bad i'm force to sit this one out due to my temp ban from the 50% Cali boost in Dec.  

Anyone know if its possible to make another pur acct to circumvent the 90 day ban? I'm assuming it should work on the 1st day before the system catches up and flag the account? am i correct?  

not sure if someone posted this but i tried the shirt promo with getting cash as a option and the shirt would cancel out and charge towards the cash trade. 

Resident Evil 7 pre orders will also receive a digital copy of Resident Evil Retribution movie when you pick up the game.
I guess you get get the movie code with Resident Evil 7 purchase until 2-6

Can't hurt to ask. Do you have your receipt? If you do just go back, show them the receipt and the online ad stating dates and eligible games, and pick one out.
i went to the store they out right deny me and say they are not doing it. Time to give them a bad review and chat with DM

This ^^^

I was able to trade my Xbox One in with an already live preorder as well. $200 + $5 (preowned trade in coupon) for 1TB black original Xbox One.

Glitch Alert.. At Gamestop You can buy Lego Marvel Avengers "Xbox One or Ps4" for $17.09 then trade it in for $24.20 store credit with Pur of course.. Have fun & enjoy..
lol

so all t-shirts r free when a game from http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/trade/images/TshirtTradePromo.pdf is traded in? Does it include the shirts that are prepackaged in the bags or only the ones on the hangers? Has anyone encountered a tshirt that didn't work yet?
Should be all t shirts. I tried the BF1 hoodies that are on clearance and as appleseed said, they don't work.

Thank you so much for confirming. I'm heading to my gs now that I preordered at.

But isn't is possible that the stealth TIV boost may be over tomorrow? Maybe I'm incorrect.
Will last one more day at the least.

iirc there was an email sent out with values of some of the games we own...and the bottom of that email said the 16th? if i'm not mistaken
Correct. The bumps always last through Monday, sometimes through Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back