GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I also had to sign some form when I traded in my Xbox One towards the Switch.

It just had basic info like where I bought it from, purchase date, and sign my name.  no other data from the trade specifically.  

Today I went into another GS to flip three copies of NFS Rivals and the Rep refused them, only allowing one to be traded in.  I asked why and she said it was some policy related to theft.  

I traded in 3 eligible games for the shirts today but only got one cause I was in a hurry and I picked through most of the shirts Friday night.  Wish some of the hoodies worked...

It just had basic info like where I bought it from, purchase date, and sign my name. no other data from the trade specifically.

Today I went into another GS to flip three copies of NFS Rivals and the Rep refused them, only allowing one to be traded in. I asked why and she said it was some policy related to theft.
Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

It just had basic info like where I bought it from, purchase date, and sign my name. no other data from the trade specifically.

Today I went into another GS to flip three copies of NFS Rivals and the Rep refused them, only allowing one to be traded in. I asked why and she said it was some policy related to theft.
Flipping should start after you graduate from high school and use your head for basic processing.

Does anyone know how many of the same game I can trade in to GameStop during a year? I know that Best Buy it's only 3 of the same console per year. Thanks in advance.
You can trade up to 48 copies of the same game in a year. YMMV.

I might have mentioned it before, but do you think GS would trade in a 3ds xl that is hacked? With system, they just have to make sure it turn on and then they wipe your data and do a factory restore. I want to trade in my xl but I am being kind of lazy about restoring it to original firmware. Is there an expiration on console trade in bump
Don't think about GameStop in this situation, think about the new owner. :)

Thank you for posting the PDF with the eligible games for the T-shirt promo :) I traded in a couple games (in seperate transactions) and picked up the Chocobo Crossing and Star Wars X-wing shirt. Will make good night shirts or lounging around :D It was nice to pair it with the weekend boosts.

Thank you for posting the PDF with the eligible games for the T-shirt promo :) I traded in a couple games (in seperate transactions) and picked up the Chocobo Crossing and Star Wars X-wing shirt. Will make good night shirts or lounging around :D It was nice to pair it with the weekend boosts.
Teamwork is necessary for game flips and orgys.

I see, I wasn't required to fill any info other than my signature
These all sound like they are related to local/state pawn laws. I'm in DFW and had this happen in either Irving or Coppell, but no where else. I mean, maybe they flagged you when they saw your trench coat and shifty eyes, but it sounds like a requirement for those stores.

Does anyone know if the Switch trade-in promo (bonus) was pulled already? I can't find anything on the GameStop site and read that people are getting refused when the store reaches their allotment of Switch consoles. I can't remember a time when GameStop refused a preorder. Thanks!

I got the Chocobo Crossing shirt, the blue Mega Man shirt, the Capcom shirt with all their characters on it, the Skyrim shirt, and the PlayStation buttons shirt. Then I got several repeats for gifts

But yeah does anyone have any recommendations for decent shirts to get with the promo? Everything else I've seen I probably wouldn't wear
I saw the Capcom shirts, they had like 3 but they were in a preowned bag (the same type of red bag with Preowned word in the top corner that preowned controllers are sold in) so I wasn't sure if it was indeed a returned shirt or what so I didn't get it, knowing how GameStop is lol. Was your Capcom shirt in a Preowned bag or in the regular sealed bags or on the hangers?

They had shirts in regular sealed bags with no logos on it other than the barcode sticker, so those had to be new lol.

So, I did some trades today and jr detective made me sign some printed forms for trade-ins, which would now be the 2nd time. I've only been requested to sign one a few weeks ago, all while being ringed by the same guy. I've never been requested to fill out any one of these before at any other store nor with another clerk. The form was a "Secondhand dealer trade form"

Is there anything to be concerned about?
I wish I lived where u all live. I've always had to sign those trade forms every single time I trade in anything at GameStop. But it's never been fully filled out though. All it has is my name & address & driver's license & each page has 6 boxes to fill out which 6 items u r trading in (more pages if u r trading more than 6) but all those item boxes just has the items' names in them & the value. At the bottom of the page is the total amount of items traded in on that page. Never has other stuff like date of original purchase been filled out or asked or anything.

Though once in a while, they'll be a bit more thorough & ask what my height & weight is to fill out those 2 boxes roflmao. Funny coz height is on the DL they're holding in their hand but ya whatever... I've never been asked where I work at.

Best Buy on the other hand, ASKS all that (except when u original purchased the game) & where u work at & your employer's phone #.

This all has to deal with county pawn laws or something in 2 of the counties I regularly trade in stuff here in FL...

Anyone got a nice shirt? Was only able to go to 1 store so far & they had to have had about 100 shirts on hangers & 100 shirts in bags & about 50 folded shirts on the paper shelves thing. No idea what the shirts in bags look like without ripping the bag open LOL. I ended up getting a DC shirt, Nintendo shirt and Song of the Deep shirt. Am thinking of getting the Dishonored 2 shirt tomorrow... no idea what else to look for.

I have 11 more games to trade in lol so need 11 shirt ideas to be on the lookout for lol. I'm glad tomorrow is the last day. Hoping to visit 4 stores tomorrow.

Does anyone know if the Switch trade-in promo (bonus) was pulled already? I can't find anything on the GameStop site and read that people are getting refused when the store reaches their allotment of Switch consoles. I can't remember a time when GameStop refused a preorder. Thanks!
Read this page and the previous one...

Read this page and the previous one...
I know the promo says 1/13/17-1/22/17 but they can always end a promo early. I have read elsewhere that people were being denied. I wanted to see what other CAG's have heard.

I know the promo says 1/13/17-1/22/17 but they can always end a promo early. I have read elsewhere that people were being denied. I wanted to see what other CAG's have heard.
Considering hours ago people confirmed it was still working as long as you previously had a preorder....

i imagine they took it off the website because many stores are sold out, while any store that still has preorders left will have the signage about the promo in store.

i imagine they took it off the website because many stores are sold out, while any store that still has preorders left will have the signage about the promo in store.
Thanks. I guess it is true if the store ran out of preorders. Still hard to believe GameStop wouldn't take as many preorders as they can. I'll have to make some calls in the AM.

I saw the Capcom shirts, they had like 3 but they were in a preowned bag (the same type of red bag with Preowned word in the top corner that preowned controllers are sold in) so I wasn't sure if it was indeed a returned shirt or what so I didn't get it, knowing how GameStop is lol. Was your Capcom shirt in a Preowned bag or in the regular sealed bags or on the hangers?
They had shirts in regular sealed bags with no logos on it other than the barcode sticker, so those had to be new lol.
I went to about 7 GameStops this weekend and none had shirts in bags. All had them on hangars or folded on a shelf

They can't take more preorders than Nintendo is willing to send them...
I understand that they will eventually run out of their launch allotment but they will get more in. Why turn away someone who wants to preorder if you tell them upfront that they won't get it at launch? I personally could care less about getting it at launch. I just want to get the promo ($195 for Wii U).

Damn, this thread is hostile af. ck0 didn't even ask a question, all he wanted to do was to share some info with us. No wonder no one wants to answer anything anymore.

At the very least, she didn't inquire any further and you can always trade the other two into another store. I was able to trade 3 of the same game and the guy didn't really have much problem with it, but I've also had cases where someone would very reluctantly accept 2 copies and ask why I have multiples of a game. Usually a BS excuse would get them off your back. I'm gonna assume there's no actual limit set in place on how many they can take, and most employees don't even know about the 4 game limit as there doesn't seem to be anything written on paper, I think that was discovered by CAGs. It really comes down to what mood your cashier is in.

Damn, this thread is hostile af. ck0 didn't even ask a question, all he wanted to do was to share some info with us. No wonder no one wants to answer anything anymore.

At the very least, she didn't inquire any further and you can always trade the other two into another store. I was able to trade 3 of the same game and the guy didn't really have much problem with it, but I've also had cases where someone would very reluctantly accept 2 copies and ask why I have multiples of a game. Usually a BS excuse would get them off your back. I'm gonna assume there's no actual limit set in place on how many they can take, and most employees don't even know about the 4 game limit as there doesn't seem to be anything written on paper, I think that was discovered by CAGs. It really comes down to what mood your cashier is in.

Advice I can give is to plan your place in line accordingly, I find that the most lenient reps are either cute clueless girls, nerdy Black dudes, or Asian hipsters. Try to avoid old men as much as possible, and it is always better if the employee isn't White. At least from my experience.
LMAO. Wow @ that last paragraph

LMAO. Wow @ that last paragraph
It's not a joke though. Not trying to be racist/ageist here at all, but from what I've seen the older the rep is, the more strict they are. It's also more likely they are a manager and will run everything by the rules. Most of the teens are probably doing a summer job and don't really care as long as the transaction is over. And from what I've encountered, usually minorities would let some things slide, and not really inquire into things. Also, the black and the asian dudes who works in my local CEs are so nice, they have offered to give me free penny guides without me even asking. The white manager dude just stares me down most of the time. And the super duper cute girl who works in the Broadway store has given me new CEs for used prices before, just cause she wasn't too familiar with games/policies. It's a huge factor in how successful your transactions go imo.

I understand that they will eventually run out of their launch allotment but they will get more in. Why turn away someone who wants to preorder if you tell them upfront that they won't get it at launch? I personally could care less about getting it at launch. I just want to get the promo ($195 for Wii U).
The purpose of a preorder is to get it at launch.

so i preordered and traded in my ps4 for 195(thought it was 200 but wasnt complaining)

can i go back to that store tommorow cancel my pre-order and re-preorder it to trade in my XB1 for 175?

forgot to take it yesterday when i traded my ps4 and wouldnt have had time to go get it really want to off it.

I humbly ask for assistance/advice.

I am only aware of a limit of 4 copies of one title or risk ban.

We all start someplace.
I'll help you then. Trade in only 1 game if you have multiples of the same title unless it's a different platform (1 ps4 ffxv and 1 xb1 ffxv). If you need to get rid of 2 on the same day, go in the morning and go at night to make sure you avoid the employees who open the store. Limit is 4.

My point exactly. :)
I don't think the game was mentioned specifically, although blackbeard did post a link to his spreadsheet and said free switch credit. I guess most people figure they don't need it spelled out if you know where to look. In case other people don't know lego avengers on x1 and ps4 as well as mirrors edge catalyst on ps4 only are really good boomerangs.

These all sound like they are related to local/state pawn laws. I'm in DFW and had this happen in either Irving or Coppell, but no where else. I mean, maybe they flagged you when they saw your trench coat and shifty eyes, but it sounds like a requirement for those stores.
What I find strange is that I've recently made trade-ins at that location and never been asked to sign any forms by other employees, only with this Scruff McGruff.

Advice I can give is to plan your place in line accordingly, I find that the most lenient reps are either cute clueless girls, nerdy Black dudes, or Asian hipsters. Try to avoid old men as much as possible, and it is always better if the employee isn't White. At least from my experience.
Although I understand what you mean, you still need the shit slapped out of you for that last paragraph.

I get it though

So, I did some trades today and jr detective made me sign some printed forms for trade-ins, which would now be the 2nd time. I've only been requested to sign one a few weeks ago, all while being ringed by the same guy. I've never been requested to fill out any one of these before at any other store nor with another clerk. The form was a "Secondhand dealer trade form"

Is there anything to be concerned about?
Here on Oahu, Hawaii they started doing that sometime early last year. Every time I have traded in anything (or my mom under her account) that paper prints out and needs to be signed (though not every employee makes us sign it). It has to do with pawn / selling laws or something from what I was told. Since those papers started everything thats traded in has a 15 day hold before they can resell it, before they would put everything back on the floor right away.

-----

Does anyone have a Gaems M155? I'm thinking about grabbing one with the backpack because of the $30 PUR coupon. I know someone earlier said they had one and something about the USB port breaking after awhile?

if u feel like boomeranging for points & have hit limits on other games...and want free shirts lol
:ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops Collection preowned is $34.19 w/PUR
trade in Call of Duty Black Ops 1 & 2 Combo Pack for $16.50 & Call of Duty Black Ops 3 for $18.70 for a total of $35.2 + $10 extra credit if u use the $5 extra trade credit on each transaction.
Leave the Call of Duty Black Ops Collection slipcase at home coz the triple pack itself also has just a $16.50 tiv

edit: or u can buy the collection new at Wally World for $29.88 and trade the 2 boxes in separately

don't trade in all 3 games in separately coz BO is only $.55 and BO2 is only $4.40

the combo pack & bo3, if traded in separately, is on the list for free shirts, so you'll get 2 free shirts too

sooo the free shirts....what about sweatshirts? lol or if it works on anything other than shortsleeved t-shirts?

if u feel like boomeranging for points & have hit limits on other games...
:ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops Collection preowned is $34.19 w/PUR
trade in Call of Duty Black Ops 1 & 2 Combo Pack for $16.50 & Call of Duty Black Ops 3 for $18.70 for a total of $35.2 + $10 extra credit if u use the $5 extra trade credit on each transaction.
Leave the Call of Duty Black Ops Collection slipcase at home coz the triple pack itself has also just a $16.50 tiv
neat. ill get some points for cyber monday

this t-shirt promo is a real trip. Of course none of the employees know about it. They always say, it's B1G1 you should get another.

My Dad is a huge Walking Dead fan and I found one of their shirts. I do loathe the gigantic AMC on it tho.

My brother is also participating in the promo across country. Seems we are both getting the non descript shirts and then quizzing each other via text about what they are. Doesn't take much lol

I also got a large Zelda shirt and it turns out it's either Jr. sized or Women's. Doesn't matter to me, the clerk and I had a good laugh about it.

Traded in a wii on Sunday for $50 towards the switch. I think I did see the manager scan a barcode to get the promo. I also got 3 more t shirts. The manager was very nice and let me do separate transactions. 

this t-shirt promo is a real trip. Of course none of the employees know about it. They always say, it's B1G1 you should get another.

My Dad is a huge Walking Dead fan and I found one of their shirts. I do loathe the gigantic AMC on it tho.

My brother is also participating in the promo across country. Seems we are both getting the non descript shirts and then quizzing each other via text about what they are. Doesn't take much lol

I also got a large Zelda shirt and it turns out it's either Jr. sized or Women's. Doesn't matter to me, the clerk and I had a good laugh about it.
Yeah, I've had one employee who was aware of it but didn't have the list because they didn't send it to the stores.

The rest have all been surprised when the shirt came up free.

So, is the 50/75 extra trade in towards a Switch still going on?  Gamestop is getting more pre orders in?  I was going to sell my xbox one locally but I'd be fine trading it in at Gamestop towards a Switch. 

Anyone know what the limit you can have on a trade card? I recalled it is around $1k but wanted to make sure. Current card has $960 and planning to do another flip trip today that will easily go over.
On a similar note, is there a way to transfer the credit to another card? Current card is pretty old from all the swiping. I guess I could buy something for $1k and return for credit on a new card, but not a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back