GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone's else's local stores seem to put more of a priority on answering the fuck ing phone and helping assholes who cut to the front of the line to ask not so quick questions?
I ignore the phone if I'm with someone. They should always prioritize people in the store over some idiot who probably won't come in.

Any good straight credit transfers GameStop to bestbuy? Not looking to make any profit. Just want to transfer credit. Thanks!

So I'm taking advantage of the 20% extra for RE7, I was wondering can I keep trading in games towards it and get the 20% off, or is only a one time thing?

So I'm taking advantage of the 20% extra for RE7, I was wondering can I keep trading in games towards it and get the 20% off, or is only a one time thing?
As long as your pre-order isn't fully paid off and the promo is still running, you can trade in towards your pre-order and get the bonus.

As long as your pre-order isn't fully paid off and the promo is still running, you can trade in towards your pre-order and get the bonus.
I actually just put $1 down on my preorder and it still triggered the bonus.

Also wanna give sp00ge a shout out for mentioning the PS move controllers having a $15 base. Just traded in one for $19.50 that I got for free a few years ago and was collecting dust because I didn't want it to begin with and I have no use for it.

Curious if anyone here has ever done a $1,500+ trade (or $1,500+ over a few days) without getting a trade ban?

I am ok with a ban if it only ends up being 90 days as I made it through a 90 day ban last spring when I did over $500 in cash trades but I am still curious if there is a decent chance of not getting a ban if I suspend all trading for next 30 days. Assuming they are looking at a rolling 30 days, I don't believe I did more than a few hundred at most in December so I know I would be under $2k for the last 30 days.  I haven't checked it yet but I assume it could be coming. On a side note this recent trade was enough to push me past 1 million lifetime PUR points.

On a side note this recent trade was enough to push me past 1 million lifetime PUR points.
confetti.gif

Curious if anyone here has ever done a $1,500+ trade (or $1,500+ over a few days) without getting a trade ban?

I am ok with a ban if it only ends up being 90 days as I made it through a 90 day ban last spring when I did over $500 in cash trades but I am still curious if there is a decent chance of not getting a ban if I suspend all trading for next 30 days. Assuming they are looking at a rolling 30 days, I don't believe I did more than a few hundred at most in December so I know I would be under $2k for the last 30 days. I haven't checked it yet but I assume it could be coming.
As long as one of the following didn't happen you might be good:

- Go over 2K credit trades in a rolling 30 days

- Go over $500 Cash trades in a rolling 30 days

- Traded in 5 of the same item in a rolling 30 days

- Had a junior dectective report you to LP

- Returned too many purchases

Here's my sob story during the last 50% promo weekend. Don't know for sure what triggered it.

1. >$2k was very unlikely although it could have been around 1.5k total within a rolling 30. I've speculated it was about !-1.5k as this is my second ban overall. No way I went over 2k.

2. I don't do cash trades

3. I know I didn't trade in more than 5 of the same over the last 30 days. I kept it to 3 of each of the high value Pokémon DS games and a few others. My previous ban was my bad since I ended up doing 5 by losing track last spring. 90 day ban on that account.

4. Very unlikely. I came from my home store where they don't care about my trading habits. In fact, the manager there says take advantage of all of the promos you can. I found out I was ID banned when I went to go for my last trade, which was only about 5-7 minutes later. The PUR (my back up) was ok but when they put in my DL info, they indicated I got to the trade limit (per the message on the screen IIRC). Obviously, tracking IDs makes a second PUR account a waste now.

5. This is possible but that day, I did so some return/rebuys which I suppose could technically be returns. I don't recall if my last accepted trade involved a return/rebuy.

Anyhow, you won't see me complaining a whole lot but would be nice to know what actually triggered my particular ban this time. Sort of bummed I can't do any trades for my Switch preorder but oh well, I've gamed the system a lot over the years. Once I clear this ban, I'll start spreadsheeting my trades and if I get banned, I'll have some real numbers to look at.

oh, back on the other topic, the whole phone while helping me thing. It's really annoying and I'm sure I'm shooting eye daggers when they're on the phone for more than a couple minutes.

If possible could you guess at how many returns would be too many?

Can you trade in both a Wii U and 3DS towards that bonus credit Switch promo?  I traded in a Wii U already but now kind of leaning towards trading in my old 3DS XL (bought a BF n3DS).

Can you trade in both a Wii U and 3DS towards that bonus credit Switch promo? I traded in a Wii U already but now kind of leaning towards trading in my old 3DS XL (bought a BF n3DS).
Yes, you can--as long as you put more money down on the Switch preorder (not necessarily all of the trade-in credit), you should get the TIV bump.

Huh, I didn't think returns played a part in trade bans. I've returned quite a few items before (mostly junk games that came from GS online). Kinda stupid that they would penalize you for THEM selling faulty garbage.

Correct me if I am wrong, but trading in 3 or more consoles in a month triggers a ban.

Huh, I didn't think returns played a part in trade bans. I've returned quite a few items before (mostly junk games that came from GS online). Kinda stupid that they would penalize you for THEM selling faulty garbage.
Unless you are purchasing a new game to get a trade bonus and returning a bunch of them.

Damn. I just added another game to the gamestop trade in. I need that 50% extra trade in soon, so I can get the extra $5 trade in credit. 

Not true, consoles are the same as games. 4 or less per 30 days is okay. Although I'm not sure if the colors and storage sizes are counted as different, i.e. if you can trade 3 black Wii's and 3 white Wii's, or 3 500gb Xbones and 3 1tb Xbones. Personally I wouldn't risk it

I know for sure you CAN trade 4 of each DS system though (DS phat, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, N3DS, N3DS XL)

I am ok with a ban if it only ends up being 90 days as I made it through a 90 day ban last spring when I did over $500 in cash trades but I am still curious if there is a decent chance of not getting a ban if I suspend all trading for next 30 days. Assuming they are looking at a rolling 30 days, I don't believe I did more than a few hundred at most in December so I know I would be under $2k for the last 30 days. I haven't checked it yet but I assume it could be coming. On a side note this recent trade was enough to push me past 1 million lifetime PUR points.
I got hit with the trade ban and I didn't do any cash trades or trade in 4 or more of same game or go over $2k last summer. The only thing I could think of is that GS might have a weekly trade limit in addition to the $2k per month. I did about $1.7k in a span about 4-6 days or something...

I got hit with the trade ban and I didn't do any cash trades or trade in 4 or more of same game or go over $2k last summer. The only thing I could think of is that GS might have a weekly trade limit in addition to the $2k per month. I did about $1.7k in a span about 4-6 days or something...
It appears that Trade bans can happen at the discretion of certain GameStop employees. So you never know when you may have triggered someone to recommend you for a trade timeout.

Looks like TIVs tanked overnight for those games that got bumps over the weekend, as they are now back to regular values again.  So hopefully everyone wanted to take advantage of the bump in values got in before they dropped again.

It appears that Trade bans can happen at the discretion of certain GameStop employees. So you never know when you may have triggered someone to recommend you for a trade timeout.
Ya 90 days in the timeout corner wasn't fun =( lolol

It also happened when all the sudden employees from my home store & other stores I trade at were transferred to other stores I was also trading in at last summer LOL... and even though I put on a totally different hairstyle & threw on glasses, they still recognized me & asked if I also frequently shop at the store they came from coz I looked familiar, totally horrendous! XD and with a different look, they'll ask how did I like "whatever game that i had originally brought last time I was in that particular store" even though I personally thought I looked quite different, yikes lol.

The ban hammer probably took place from an employees discretion. Or from one of them bein incompetent and dining up one of your trades wrong so you went over your 4x limit. Many times have I seen it done to me or my wife.

The ban hammer probably took place from an employees discretion. Or from one of them bein incompetent and dining up one of your trades wrong so you went over your 4x limit. Many times have I seen it done to me or my wife.
This happened to me once. I traded in 1 copy of super mario bros wii in a huge game lot dump and the guy scanned the game 4 times. Luckily I double checked the receipt when I got home and luckier that it wasn't scanned a 5th time.

Looks like TIVs tanked overnight for those games that got bumps over the weekend, as they are now back to regular values again. So hopefully everyone wanted to take advantage of the bump in values got in before they dropped again.
That was yesterday morning....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back