GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lb2qMWv.jpg
New coupon or deal?

I just received an email stating $75 extra credit for pro members for trading a Wii U, PSVR, PS4, Xbox One, towards a Switch. The fine print says it must be applied to a preorder. How does that work since they have no more preorders?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I just received an email stating $75 extra credit for pro members for trading a Wii U, PSVR, PS4, Xbox One, towards a Switch. The fine print says it must be applied to a preorder. How does that work since they have no more preorders?

If you haven't got a pre order yet you'll be be of luck on that promo.

If you haven't got a pre order yet you'll be be of luck on that promo.
I just called the local gamestop and he just told me the same thing. What a lame promotion for those that don't have an existing preorder. You would think this would be good incentive to want to place a preorder, which it definitely is and I would like to dump my Wii U towards it even though I am not that excited for the Switch. Looks like I am still just going to wait until next holiday season.

I just called the local gamestop and he just told me the same thing. What a lame promotion for those that don't have an existing preorder. You would think this would be good incentive to want to place a preorder, which it definitely is and I would like to dump my Wii U towards it even though I am not that excited for the Switch. Looks like I am still just going to wait until next holiday season.

It's not like the promo just started.

It was announced before the Switch presentation and was available since they started taking preorders (though I did read people were having problems getting the system to recognize it).
Well thanks gamestop for sending me the email today. It would have actually incentivized me to preorder when that was available.

Don't have time to keep with every thread ever.

i get what you are saying, but there are really only about 8 active threads here and alot of clutter. most of gamestops emails go out halfway through the promo, but if you have interest in something coming out, its a good idea to check here for promos. especially since there are people in this thread that will give a heads up on upcoming promos before any information is actually released.

Not trying to be rude but did you expect preorders to be available even two days after preorders becoming available. My home store sold out of their allotment in 5 hours, store down the street sold out the next day. To be honest they didn't have to do this promo to sell out of preorders.

For the switch trade in promo. Do I have to apply the whole promotional value from my consol to my existing preorder or is it like a game trade in promo where I just need like $1 or $5 ?

Not trying to be rude but did you expect preorders to be available even two days after preorders becoming available. My home store sold out of their allotment in 5 hours, store down the street sold out the next day. To be honest they didn't have to do this promo to sell out of preorders.
No, I have very little interest in the Switch. This promotion, had I received the email in a timely manner from Gamestop (instead of well after preorders were sold out), would have been a great incentive to get me to preorder and care a little bit about getting a Switch.

Well they probably don't care about giving people an extra incentive to preorder the Switch, considering they sold out of all their preorders within 2 days anyway

Sorry if this is old news. I was at one GS today that had signage up for "Game to Life" or "Interactive Figures" or whatever they are calling Amiibo/Skylanders/Disney Infinity figures. It said Buy 2 get 3 free on pre-owned figures.

However, I hadn't seen it at any other stores. Anybody know anything? I haven't bought any amiibo, but thinking about getting some Zelda ones for the upcoming game.

Sorry if this is old news. I was at one GS today that had signage up for "Game to Life" or "Interactive Figures" or whatever they are calling Amiibo/Skylanders/Disney Infinity figures. It said Buy 2 get 3 free on pre-owned figures.

However, I hadn't seen it at any other stores. Anybody know anything? I haven't bought any amiibo, but thinking about getting some Zelda ones for the upcoming game.
its been around a long time, but the signage seems to come and go. i think your biggest problem would be availability, but if for some reason your gamestop has used zelda amiibos go for it. i dont think the promotion ever officially ended, but all my stores have is skylanders for the first few games and the clear plastic pieces for disney infinity.

Gamestop is cancelling Switch preorders. Don't feel bad about moving the extra trade in credit bonus to another purchase. They're sold out anyway.

Damnit! Gamestop did major changes to their website, now I got to do some major rewrites to my code. :wall:
I'm REALLY not a fan of how the new "check local store stock" page looks now...

And to make matters worse, stores that sold out of the pre-order allotment were able to take pre-orders from stores that still had them, so ALL stores ran out real quick.

Also, if everyone would read the thread instead of asking the same questions ad nauseum, there would be less clutter in this thread which would make it easier to read. :dunce:

Yikes, just looked at the new "pick up in store" page and I'm not a fan

By the way, tomorrow and Saturday Best Buy is having a 2 day sale. Just Dance 2016 for PS4, Xbone, 360, and Wii U will be good BB -> GS movers. Unfortunately I'm trying to go in the opposite direction...

9pm-12am? If that's in Est time, unless my Gamestop is having a midnight opening, it only leaves me 2 hours in the morning.
According to the GS store where I have my RE7 pre-order, it looks like all stores will allow you to pick up your game at 9 PM local time on Monday. They said it was something new someone is trying out.

Lb2qMWv.jpg
New coupon or deal?
I was in a rush the other day but saw a paper flyer ad thing at checkout that said something like "Get $5 off your next purchase if we don't talk to you about trades" or something along those lines. No idea what it exactly said coz my GA annoyed me saying they can't break my trades so I can get 1 free shirt per game traded in due to some county law for 1 trade form per customer per day or whatever and I was trying not to be late for work thru all that nonsense. I'm guessing it might be from that promo?

Oh SHIT.

Also, can I just chyme in and nominate blackbeard to make a new thread? I appreciate JP and what he did for seemingly ever with the trade values, he was a tremendous help pre-app. But the OP doesn't really get updated anymore. It'd be great to have an OP with current deals and the spreadsheet in it.

Just a thought!
Seems like the 2nd post is a wiki. Technically we could collectively update it...

This thread is over 2 years old though. I'm on 100 posts per page and it's nearing 300 pages. A new one would be nice.

New hardware trade promo starts 1/23, and is good until 2/12:
- Extra $50 credit for PS4/XB1 console trade
- Extra $25 credit for 3DS or Vita handheld trade
- No PUR membership or coupon required
Sweet, think I'm going to go ahead and finally trade in my OLED vita and upgrade to the slim.

Hopefully Battlefield holds it's value til then, might dump that and Madden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back