GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Random GS Question (I posted in the CE thread):

I bought a clearance item yesterday (which was opened when I bought it - Titanfall 2 CE w/o the game).  I went to a diff GS today and returned it after calling and them confirming that they would, but usually will not return collectibles.

Odd thing was.  They had me insert my CC into the chip reader, and I had to press yes or w/e to approve the amount.  Then they had me manually enter my whole CC number and the expiration date into the pin pad.  

THEN they took my card after the reciept printed and used a black crayon to sketch my CC/number into the bottom of their reciept.....

What do?

My gf and I both received it via email. This was the email header:

ATTN: Your PowerUp Pro B2G1 Offer is Ready to Use
Yeah nothing like that. I got one a couple days after I signed up on pro day and got the "pro day kickback" 50% but nothing else. Hopefully it will come in over the weekend so I can make use of the 50% of re7. Sucks i just did 150 dollars worth of trades on RE7 the last couple of days. Wish I would've waited now.

According to the GS store where I have my RE7 pre-order, it looks like all stores will allow you to pick up your game at 9 PM local time on Monday. They said it was something new someone is trying out.
Yes my store called me two days ago and said we can pick the game up at 9PM on Monday as well.

I bought a clearance item yesterday (which was opened when I bought it - Titanfall 2 CE w/o the game). I went to a diff GS today and returned it after calling and them confirming that they would, but usually will not return collectibles.

Odd thing was. They had me insert my CC into the chip reader, and I had to press yes or w/e to approve the amount. Then they had me manually enter my whole CC number and the expiration date into the pin pad.

THEN they took my card after the reciept printed and used a black crayon to sketch my CC/number into the bottom of their reciept.....

What do?
Enjoy your life of poverty?

I bought a clearance item yesterday (which was opened when I bought it - Titanfall 2 CE w/o the game). I went to a diff GS today and returned it after calling and them confirming that they would, but usually will not return collectibles.

Odd thing was. They had me insert my CC into the chip reader, and I had to press yes or w/e to approve the amount. Then they had me manually enter my whole CC number and the expiration date into the pin pad.

What do?
That happened to me once. They had you enter in your whole CC number because something went wrong with the chip reader. Had mine sketched once too. Something about if the refund didn't properly happen they can look it up again from their receipt records.

That happened to me once. They had you enter in your whole CC number because something went wrong with the chip reader. Had mine sketched once too. Something about if the refund didn't properly happen they can look it up again from their receipt records.
Good...that's what he said, but it seemed super odd.

Super super dumb question. So I just realized that each color PS4 controller has a seperate identification sku number in the system. So that means the limit for each color is 4 in 30 days? So potentially about 20 of them a month and 4 more if you include the old model black one...

Are you guys using the buy 2 get 1 to boomerang with the 50%, or using the 50% bonus for buying stuff at 2 for 1?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I learned this at Sam's Club last night: If your chip isn't working for some reason, try it three times and then the card reader will let you swipe it. The lady there said that should work for any card reader not just theirs.

Gamestop rarely sends me emails. I had to start a new account and lost all the points that I had. I don't know if that's the reason. I used a different email but the other information is the same

The girl at my GS made it seem like only PUR Pro members could pick up on Monday. Take that with a grain of salt of course.

So I don't need an existing preorder for this RE7 deal. I guess I'll be getting a gift receipt. :)
I do wonder though, there's a chance they won't let you do the deal if you haven't preordered, since you'll have to be there to pick up RE7 at 9. They might think it's suspicious if you go in only to trade.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2577.PNG
There is the email.

Does anyone ever use their buy 2 get 1 and all this credit on retro games from GameStop.com? I realize it would be a gamble, so wondering if anyone had any experience?

The picture is just the top portion on the email. It says "when you trade **".

For those of you who have received the email, what are the ** details on this offer?
Is it games only? Games and accessories? Or possibly even consoles?

There is the email.
Does anyone ever use their buy 2 get 1 and all this credit on retro games from GameStop.com? I realize it would be a gamble, so wondering if anyone had any experience?
I haven't used the coupons, but I picked up a couple of cheap PS1 games for filler to get free shipping and the both arrived disc only in zip lock bags. I had never received anything from GS like that before.

There is the email.

Awhile back I bought 9 cartridge games from them during the B2G1 sale. 8 were in good to great shape and one was so-so but still passable, and all worked perfectly (ones with save batteries still saved). Also opened them up to check if they were fakes and all were real. Personally I'm wary about buying games with cases like PS1 games, because chances are they'll come disc only. But they'll refund you in store so there's no real risk involved

Email says games and accessories only for the 50 percent

**50% Extra Credit: Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a standalone new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice

The picture is just the top portion on the email. It says "when you trade **".

For those of you who have received the email, what are the ** details on this offer?
Is it games only? Games and accessories? Or possibly even consoles?
*50% Extra Credit: Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a standalone new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Are we in the midst of a stealth trade value bump right now? The values on certain games seem very high although I might be overthinking things here. If it makes more sense for me to trade in for Resident Evil 7 on Monday instead of this weekend, I don't mind doing that.

Are we in the midst of a stealth trade value bump right now? The values on certain games seem very high although I might be overthinking things here. If it makes more sense for me to trade in for Resident Evil 7 on Monday instead of this weekend, I don't mind doing that.
examples? nothing i have saved went up or seems that out of the ordinary, but im primarily looking at ps4 and wii u games

Does anyone know of any good flips at GameStop to do with BestBuys B2G1 pre-owned game sale that starts this Sunday?

examples? nothing i have saved went up or seems that out of the ordinary, but im primarily looking at ps4 and wii u games
I looked at stuff I need to trade: Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain for 360 and Divinity for PS4. Granted, I might not know what I'm talking about. I don't watch values as closely as others do since I only flip when I have something good to flip. My concern is that GameStop will lower the base values during the extra 50% for RE7 trades in order to even things out. Is that how these trade-in towards a specific game promos usually work? I could care less about RE7.

I looked at stuff I need to trade: Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain for 360 and Divinity for PS4. Granted, I might not know what I'm talking about. I don't watch values as closely as others do since I only flip when I have something good to flip. My concern is that GameStop will lower the base values during the extra 50% for RE7 trades in order to even things out. Is that how these trade-in towards a specific game promos usually work? I could care less about RE7.
i would say its not likely they lower values because its such a limited event, and it basically requires a purchase, so in gamestop's eyes they are going to win with this promo more often than they lose. not to say no values will drop, since they drop all the time, but i dont think they will be looking to nuke values for a 3 hour promo.

If they do not drop the trade in value the day of, then there is no reason to drop them at the end of the day. I don't think corporate even works around that late at night

i would say its not likely they lower values because its such a limited event, and it basically requires a purchase, so in gamestop's eyes they are going to win with this promo more often than they lose. not to say no values will drop, since they drop all the time, but i dont think they will be looking to nuke values for a 3 hour promo.
Thanks. It doesn't appear as if the values have been bumped to me now though since Far Cry Primal for Xbox One is worth $9 less than last weekend at the moment, but thanks for the explanation. Patience seems to be the key to flipping with GameStop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back