GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know of any good flips at GameStop to do with BestBuys B2G1 pre-owned game sale that starts this Sunday?
I'll travel to Sunday to find out...

A5amp.gif

Email says games and accessories only for the 50 percent

**50% Extra Credit: Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a standalone new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice
Can this be used on Persona 5 Take your Heart Edition ?

So if I got an extra 20% on my pre order for trading last, do I really need to complete that purchase to keep the 20% extra credit? Or can I just switch the pre order to a different game. I've done this in the past, hoping it hasn't changed recently...

Edit: I read back a bit and it seems you are able to, it's just frowned upon...

Your game of choice comes out in April, so there is plenty of time for another 50% promo.
I already got it from the $25 off visa check out deal along with Pokemon Sun. I just needed to apply that credit to something and just return it with a gift receipt. I can't even go to the event anyway.

so places like new york sell launch games at 9pm now? I thought they sold games at the same time such as 12pm their time and 9pm pacific time in the west
According to the GS store where I have my RE7 pre-order, it looks like all stores will allow you to pick up your game at 9 PM local time on Monday. They said it was something new someone is trying out.

Has gamestop had this promo before? If so, can I trade some games towards re7 earlier in the day (2pm) and still get the extra 50%?

Ok got most everything working normal now, I should be able to post new updates tomorrow. Only thing still not fully working is inventory queries, however these new changes they made allow me to directly query their server for store inventory now which gets me results around twice as fast but I still haven't figured out all the allowable parameters yet.

Are Skylanders figures buy so many get so many free? I got the cheap starters at Best Buy and was hoping to get a complete element set for only a little money.

There is the email.

Does anyone ever use their buy 2 get 1 and all this credit on retro games from GameStop.com? I realize it would be a gamble, so wondering if anyone had any experience?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Thank you

Ok got most everything working normal now, I should be able to post new updates tomorrow. Only thing still not fully working is inventory queries, however these new changes they made allow me to directly query their server for store inventory now which gets me results around twice as fast but I still haven't figured out all the allowable parameters yet.
Seems through the webpage if you try to manually lookup retro games availability it is blocked even with the correct product id and SKU. However querying their server does yield the results they block on the webpage.

@blackbeard4886 

Could you retrieve this sku for me? 

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

I cannot locate this sumbih anywhere. Thing is though, I have it in the app as tradeable but no one in the store could locate the trade.

I'm a complete moron. Do I need to preorder RE7 this weekend to qualify for the 50% trade in bump on Monday night or can I just go in and say "one copy of RE7, please?"

I'm a complete moron. Do I need to preorder RE7 this weekend to qualify for the 50% trade in bump on Monday night or can I just go in and say "one copy of RE7, please?"
Nobody knows yet, mainly because a situation like this with a bonus given only to a certain time period on a game's release at a time frame Gamestop doesn't operate in has never happened before.

That being said, given that they seemed to only sent that email to people who have preordered RE7 (I think, or else why would they ask you to pick it up at night if you never preordered it?) it makes sense that they would have you preorder it first. But it's not like they won't let you buy the game that night if you happen to show up. They'll probably ask "why the hell are you here!?" It probably makes things a lot easier for yourself if you preorder it first since you'll have to purchase the game that night anyway.

Also, it's extra 50% included with the PUR bump I think, since you still get 40% if you aren't a PUR member. So not 60% like usual 50% bonuses.

it's an extra 50 going by their Trade page on the site

Pros Get 50% Extra Credit
Toward Resident Evil 7

When you trade!
Valid 9 PM 1/23 - 12 AM 1/24
Basic Members get 40% Extra Credit.

Nobody knows yet, mainly because a situation like this with a bonus given only to a certain time period on a game's release at a time frame Gamestop doesn't operate in has never happened before.

That being said, given that they seemed to only sent that email to people who have preordered RE7 (I think, or else why would they ask you to pick it up at night if you never preordered it?) it makes sense that they would have you preorder it first. But it's not like they won't let you buy the game that night if you happen to show up. They'll probably ask "why the hell are you here!?" It probably makes things a lot easier for yourself if you preorder it first since you'll have to purchase the game that night anyway.

Also, it's extra 50% included with the PUR bump I think, since you still get 40% if you aren't a PUR member. So not 60% like usual 50% bonuses.
didnt they do this 50% bonus with battlefield 1 and one of the other big shooters on release night?

also, they didnt send the email only to people that preordered, it was just a banner at the top of the email that advertised it was available at 9pm. either way it was stated earlier that the email stated towards the preorder or stand alone purchase

didnt they do this 50% bonus with battlefield 1 and one of the other big shooters on release night?

also, they didnt send the email only to people that preordered, it was just a banner at the top of the email that advertised it was available at 9pm. either way it was stated earlier that the email stated towards the preorder or stand alone purchase
Thank you ritchardf. Now you have your answer Jose.

My GameStop had a sheet saying that they were only allotted 6 preorders of each Zelda BOTW Amiibo. I didn't think Amiibos would be hard to get anymore but if you were planning on using GS credit to get them then I'd preorder them and not risk it. We know how fast most Zelda shit sells out

Way back in the heady days of Blockbuster->GS flips (and back) the term "Junior Detective" was a big deal. I think it started in that BBV thread in fact. I remember finding this one day at a Burger King:

jd.jpg

The date on this file is from 8 years ago! I had my run-in with one at BBV once. I ended up getting a district ban because one clerk took it upon themselves to call and check some other stores and the only conclusion they could come up with was that I must have stolen all the games I traded in. After I figured out what was going on I showed some receipts to a store manager and got my name cleared. But that's why Junior Detectives are so scary - a little knowledge plus a ton of speculation can be a dangerous thing! Best to avoid their suspicions entirely.
We gotta print out those badges and pass them out to star employees.

There is the email.

Does anyone ever use their buy 2 get 1 and all this credit on retro games from GameStop.com? I realize it would be a gamble, so wondering if anyone had any experience?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
I have done this a lot the last two weeks to move credit to Amazon (a dicey experiment on my part). I am surprised at how many games have come with cases and manuals and other little bonuses. At least 75%. Mostly gamecube and OG Xbox games. Cartridges never have cases so far. Sega Saturn have been low on cases. I collect retro too and it has been reaffirming to know GS is a viable option for sourcing especially with this thread generating credit and b2g1 deals.

I am guessing this is from their new stock of trades now that they are all considered retro and handled by some centralized warehouse. Buying gamecube and Xbox games years ago when they were being clearanced from their normal inventory almost always resulted in getting disc only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back