GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is automatic I am wondering if it will be active at 6PM PST
I bet it'll technically be active all day Monday. But you'd have to get a CSR to actually sell you RE7, which they probably won't do until 9pm. Some stores at past midnight launches have actually allowed people to trade/buy release games early though (so that staff could get through all of the work/logistics rather then wait and do everything at midnight). Then they just have customers hold onto their receipts and wait in line to physically receive their copy at the actual release time. I don't know if that will happen here with the early 9pm release window but I bet that those purchases/trades would get the bump too even if they're done at 8:40pm or some other random local time that's technically outside of the bonus timeframe.

did a test trade tonight and notified of a trade ban. This is my second. Not surprised given the info we all share. The first ban I went over the 4 game limit. This time I traded 3k in a 30 day period. Highlights include:

-All credit, no cash

-Very little boomeranging

-4 or less of each game

-Prior to trades on Monday (MLK) I was at about 2200. 

-About 2k in GS purchases. 1k online, 1k in-store. 

That 50% trade bonus for RE7 is fucked up. A lot of stores aren't even doing midnight release on it so.

GameStop CEO: lets do a promo when we are closed and advertise it as a huge event
Yes men : great idea!!

I want this promo but not Resident Evil 7.
Buy RE7, don't open it, wait a few days, return it, get the full trade value of the game back. If you ask for a gift receipt when buying RE7 and try to do a return, they might give you cash back instead of trade credit if you say you lost the original receipt. I did this last year when I bought and returned Doom. But good luck!

Does anyone know how many copies of a single title can be traded in on one account in a lifetime without risking a lifetime ban? I'm not dumb enough to try trading in multiple copies at once but I would like to spread them out.

Is this bonus trade in promo for RE7 really only valid during a 3 hour window at midnight release? I work late night graveyard shifts and wont be able to pick it up at midnight, ill have to wait until Tuesday morning. Im hoping this promo is just all day monday (or at least until tuesday)

Is this bonus trade in promo for RE7 really only valid during a 3 hour window at midnight release? I work late night graveyard shifts and wont be able to pick it up at midnight, ill have to wait until Tuesday morning. Im hoping this promo is just all day monday (or at least until tuesday)

After the 50% early release RE7 trade promo ends on 1/23, the RE7 power trade promo will be increased to 30% (40% with PUR Pro) starting 1/24. It will be good until 2/5.
Sounds like you'll miss an extra 10%

so i traded in an OG xb1 today for 175$

is that a good deal? i should have sold it back in black friday anyone remember what they were going for then?

paid 250$ for it dec 2014 and got 40 hours out of need for speed 2015 so id say the 75$ loss isnt too bad

reason for selling is i already own a S version and i want to upgrade to scorpio holiday 17s
Did you do a straight trade in or was it the Switch promotion where you can only get $175 if you have an existing pre-order?

So GS just sent out another "unused credit" email to me.  Unlike last time, apparently I have a ton of more credit than I'm expecting.  My trade/PUR card has $225.  I have a gift card with $170 which I've been using lately for all of my purchases.  But the email says I have an extra $240 ($635 total).  What?

The game rights are on the disc. You have to have disc to play
people have said that if you own episode 1 you can install the rest of the episodes and then don't need the disc. Episode 1 has been free before on live.

not sure if it was fixed or ever worked but pretty sure it does

Just dumped my PS4 for $205 thanks to the Switch trade up program and $5 trade in coupon and my store will only be open from 9-9:30pm Monday night for the Resident Evil launch.  You should probably call and check to see what your stores hours are before making plans.

Just dumped my PS4 for $205 thanks to the Switch trade up program and $5 trade in coupon and my store will only be open from 9-9:30pm tomorrow night for the Resident Evil launch. You should probably call and check to see what your stores hours are before making plans.
You just did this?

Is the trade in promo live again even though they are out of switches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My home store said they would be open from 9pm-9:15pm. I don't know what they are going to do if a lot of people show up with trades. They didn't even know about the 50% boost.

I just called a store and they said they would be able to do the extra %50 trade in credit all day tuesday 1/24 and have the extra $5 coupon towards trade.

Anybody try those Spicy Sweet Double Stacked tacos from Taco Bell? Best fast food taco ever. Does GS sell TB gcs? If they do I might trade in my entire game collection to stock up.

Shiiiiit this Switch is getting to be really expensive

$300 for the Switch

$100 for the Zelda special edition

$84 for the Zelda Amiibos

$60 for Mario Kart 8 deluxe

$50 for 1-2 Switch

Plus I gotta get Yoshi's Woolly World and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 in the next couple weeks, and get Zelda for Wii U as well, AND get Fire Emblem Echoes when that releases. Really wishing I capitalized more on the boomerangs last weekend  :wall:

$300 for the Switch

$50 for 1-2 Switch

Plus I gotta get Yoshi's Woolly World and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 in the next couple weeks, and get Zelda for Wii U as well, AND get Fire Emblem Echoes when that releases. Really wishing I capitalized more on the boomerangs last weekend :wall:
I'll just wait for a price drop. XD

$300 for the Switch
$50 for 1-2 Switch

Plus I gotta get Yoshi's Woolly World and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 in the next couple weeks, and get Zelda for Wii U as well, AND get Fire Emblem Echoes when that releases. Really wishing I capitalized more on the boomerangs last weekend :wall:
You need to get GCU and stack with the $25 off $100 VCO. You will save a good chunk of money. Don't pay those GS prices unless you're using credit.

Yup. This game should have been a pack-in to show off the new features. Nintendo is being extremely cheap.
I know this is going to sound like I'm trolling. It is NOT intended to sound that way. So with that having been said:

I truly believe there is no pack-in game due to the total lack of games at release.

Can you trade hardware towards RE7 with that 50% coupon? lol
Games and accessories only. Fine print from the email:

**50% Extra Credit: Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a standalone new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Does anyone know how many copies of a single title can be traded in on one account in a lifetime without risking a lifetime ban? I'm not dumb enough to try trading in multiple copies at once but I would like to spread them out.
Not to quote myself, but might anyone have an answer to my question? I need to return some duplicate titles to the store where I bought them if I can't flip them soon. Thanks.

Not to quote myself, but might anyone have an answer to my question? I need to return some duplicate titles to the store where I bought them if I can't flip them soon. Thanks.
There is no lifetime limit. You can trade 4 copies of a single title/platform every 30 days.

$300 for the Switch

$50 for 1-2 Switch

im going to wait for the announcement for the ultimate collector's edition of 12switch, need dat piece of cow meat

I know this is going to sound like I'm trolling. It is NOT intended to sound that way. So with that having been said:

I truly believe there is no pack-in game is due to the total lack of games at release.
That is exactly the reason. I was thinking that myself. Wanted to grab the 1,2 switch game because it more than likely shows off the switchs strength but it should be cheaper than $50.

There is no lifetime limit. You can trade 4 copies of a single title/platform every 30 days.
Thanks for answering. I preordered a copy of RE7 at one store earlier today, and I might do one or two more preorders at other stores just to ensure that I get a copy, but I'm planning to spread the titles out as best as I can. I only do the preorders because it seems to make the associates a bit more pleasant when you throw them a bone, and I always use trade credit for the preorder. If it's smarter to do one PS4 copy and one Xbox One copy, I'll stick with that. I don't want to arouse the suspicions of the junior detectives. I'm not a veteran at flipping, so I appreciate the advice about how to proceed without being banned 'cause if you ain't flippin', you must be trippin'!!!

I might have to get two copies of Resident Evil 7. I bought a Wii U with some games and I'll trade them in to take advantage of that promo. I'm going on Tuesday to trade in some games and I'll go again when the Wii U arrives. Switch preorders aren't going to be available anytime soon so I can't take advantage of the Wii U trade in bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back