GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just after I posted, I noticed that the 500 gb PS3 super slims are on sale for $109.99 this week, so I think that's where some of my credit is going.  Is pre-owned better than refurbished?  Or am I screwed either way?

I got burned by my GS associate because he messed up the 50% boost. Long story short I used $50 in credit to get the game, but the receipt says I only paid $39.99. Idk if I should try selling it online or just open it, take the L, and just trade it in whenever I get max trade credit for it.

Hey guys, just wanted to clarify on the "RE7 trade bonus" for 1/23 and 1/24. You actually don't need to pick up RE7. You'll get the 40% (50 with Pro) bonus credit for game and accessory trades towards the purchase of ANY new $59.99 game.

exactly. I'm planning to cash out my credit by buying a ps4 pro + switch. A friend of mine who works at wall street recently warned me there is a pretty high chance of GS going out of business.
I work on euclid street and I'm telling you they won't for a good long while

exactly. I'm planning to cash out my credit by buying a ps4 pro + switch. A friend of mine who works at wall street recently warned me there is a pretty high chance of GS going out of business.
In the 2018 Netflix documentary, The Day the Games Stopped, it is revealed a small band of hoarders and internet trolls, lead by a modern cyberpirate Blackbeard (probably Edward Snowden), used the power of spreadsheets, Pepsi, and crowd sourcing to take down a corporation robbing innocent American grandmothers and soccer moms of their hard earned cash.

Former GameStop CEO Flip McChoppers - "We had no idea. They were selling our own games back to us for a profit over and over. We thought we had millions in sales everyday and it was all a mirage. Our junior detectives were unable to keep up with the multiple disguises and gift receipts and our cyber security ninjas could not penetrate their communication channels hidden deep in the trenches of the dark web."

BestBuy and RedBox Exectutives declined to be interviewed for this story. Jeff Bezos laughed though and said "get Prime bitch!"

Dang, I'd totally get one of those used fat PS3s on sale for $40, but there are none within an hour of me. My Gunmetal Grey PS3 is stuck in storage across the country; it'd probably cost more to ship it than getting a used console.

Just to clarify the Resident Evil 7 promo was %50 extra plus %10 extra trade in credit for pro right? I think the cashier just did %40 percent + %10 pro.

I've got a roached out Xbox One. I can trade in the power supply and controller for around $65. Pretty tempting. Gotta find some of my 3DS games as well, pretty sure I have copies of Smash Bros and some Mario games.
You gotta what? What the fuck is roached out? You mean your ass has nasty filthy roaches living in your console and you haven't done something about it? Wtf man!

GS.com shows this as the current trade promo for RE7

20% Extra Trade Credit Toward:
Resident Evil 7 biohazard

When you trade your
games and accessories!
See terms & Conditions below. Valid 1/2/17 - 2/12/17

I guess the bump up to 40% isn't happening?

Hey guys, just wanted to clarify on the "RE7 trade bonus" for 1/23 and 1/24. You actually don't need to pick up RE7. You'll get the 40% (50 with Pro) bonus credit for game and accessory trades towards the purchase of ANY new $59.99 game.
I'm going to pick up my copy today and return it with a gift receipt in a couple days on my next trip out. I also think I'm going to do the survey and complain about the guy I've been dealing with at my local GS. He's tried to steer me wrong a few times now. I don't know if he's doing it on purpose or not, but he's screwing over a lot of unknowing customers.

Dang, I'd totally get one of those used fat PS3s on sale for $40, but there are none within an hour of me. My Gunmetal Grey PS3 is stuck in storage across the country; it'd probably cost more to ship it than getting a used console.
It seems that all the used PS3s are on sale this week. I would get a fat, but I already have a backwards compatible PS3 in my collection that I've only played twice to see how it upscaled PS2 games. Every source that I've seen says that fat PS3s will eventually fail with a yellow light of death. I think you can replace the thermal paste in those to make them last longer, but I've never had much luck with those types of projects. Hence, I'm planning to buy a used super slim from GameStop after all the RE7 fervor dies down. Fewer moving parts, less power consumption, and a massive factory hard drive from jump street. I want them to plug it in and turn it on before I leave the store just to make sure it works. But if several people are in line to buy RE7, they're going to be pissy about plugging it in. Anyone know how system warranties cost when buying in store?

Is there any way to see if BOTW special/master edition pre-orders are still being fulfilled at certain stores? I know I'm probably 2 weeks late on that one, but I may as well give it a try since I don't think the stores in my area are that high traffic.

Is there any way to see if BOTW special/master edition pre-orders are still being fulfilled at certain stores? I know I'm probably 2 weeks late on that one, but I may as well give it a try since I don't think the stores in my area are that high traffic.
Master edition was never fulfilled in store, those all sold out online right after the switch presentation.

Didn't pick up my copy of Resident Evil 7 last night at 9 but got the trade in bonus around 7. I'm wondering what there response will be, I'll come up with some bs excuse if need be.

Didn't pick up my copy of Resident Evil 7 last night at 9 but got the trade in bonus around 7. I'm wondering what there response will be, I'll come up with some bs excuse if need be.
Weather got horrible here last night. I called GS telling them I'm not risking a car accident to pick up the game. Manager told me tomorrow (today) is fine to pick it up.

Theres no big hurry to pickup the game. HOWEVER, if you did participate last night in the pickup bonus and DID NOT pickup the game, don't lose your receipt. THAT IS THE ONLY PROOF THAT YOU HAVE. 

Theres no big hurry to pickup the game. HOWEVER, if you did participate last night in the pickup bonus and DID NOT pickup the game, don't lose your receipt. THAT IS THE ONLY PROOF THAT YOU HAVE.
Ah that's good to know. Glad I didn't throw it away, but did see the game was rung up on it.

I just picked mine up and will return it on my next pass. But he was doing something with a calculator before he handed me my game. I didn't get a new receipt. He just marked my old receipt with a mark across the preorder sticker. Is it possible for him to have edited my account in some way? Can I call GS to check?

I just picked mine up and will return it on my next pass. But he was doing something with a calculator before he handed me my game. I didn't get a new receipt. He just marked my old receipt with a mark across the preorder sticker. Is it possible for him to have edited my account in some way? Can I call GS to check?
Oh man, oh man...he marked your receipt? OMG.

O3NajG5.gif

RUN FOR IT, MARTYYYYY!!!!

Well it looks like my RE7 collector's will be delayed, just got the email below:

Dear XXXX,
Due to an unforeseen manufacturer delay, your Order #XXXXXXXXXXX for the Resident Evil 7 Collector’s Edition has been slightly delayed. Your order will be shipping slightly later than expected, at which time you will receive a tracking number for your shipment. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize for any frustration this may cause you.
To apologize for this issue, we would like to send you a $30 Coupon Code for your next GameStop.com order:
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Simply enter this coupon in the “Promotional Code” field in your cart next time you check out. Offer is Online only and while supplies last. Not valid with other offers. Not valid on consoles, pre-orders, bundles, special editions, gift cards or DLC.
Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Have a wonderful day,
Your friends at GameStop.com

No way they will let you still preorder. No store had any allocation and GS is doing their best to make it right for those that did preorder in store.

I just did a trade in on the east coast towards re 7 and only got a 20% boost. 30% with gcu. So whatever other promotional bonuses were added from last night are definitely over and the 40% hasnt been triggered yet.

Ok, just wanted to correct my last post. Sorry for the confusion. The "Promotions" page changed again. Just rang up a mock transaction right now:

- That 40%/50% bonus trade bonus towards any new 59.99 game was only for last night's early releases
- For today, 1/24, get 20% bonus (30% with Pro) credit for game/accessory trades towards RE7
- Starting tomorrow, 1/25, the RE7 trade bonus is increased to 30% (40% with Pro), and will be good until 2/5

Ok, just wanted to correct my last post. Sorry for the confusion. The "Promotions" page changed again. Just rang up a mock transaction right now:

- That 40%/50% bonus trade bonus towards any new 59.99 game was only for last night's early releases
- For today, 1/24, get 20% bonus (30% with Pro) credit for game/accessory trades towards RE7
- Starting tomorrow, 1/25, the RE7 trade bonus is increased to 30% (40% with Pro), and will be good until 2/5
Still not bad to get 40% with Pro beginning 1/25 if you missed out on launch night. Crazy that they do the 50% with Pro promo that only lasted literally hours.

Still not bad to get 40% with Pro beginning 1/25 if you missed out on launch night. Crazy that they do the 50% with Pro promo that only lasted literally hours.
Not even hours, the gamestops around me all closed as soon as the RE7 line was done. They stayed open for about 30 minutes past 9 instead of midnight.

If you still want a NES Classic check your local GameStops. As I was walking in this morning my store had just gotten a shipment of 6 of them. They're not worth it to resell anymore but if you want one at MSRP, have at it

If you still want a NES Classic check your local GameStops. As I was walking in this morning my store had just gotten a shipment of 6 of them. They're not worth it to resell anymore but if you want one at MSRP, have at it
They go for $140 on Amazon and $150+ on eBay. How is that not worth it?

I would have bought them all, easy money bro, I will call around, thanks for the heads-up.

They go for $140 on Amazon and $150+ on eBay. How is that not worth it?
Having to deal with eBay's siding with the buyer BS, paying the fees and shipping, etc. isn't worth the ~$50 or even less in profit. Plus there will be an influx of systems with this restock so prices will go even lower. Depends how much you value your time I guess

Having to deal with eBay's siding with the buyer BS, paying the fees and shipping, etc. isn't worth the ~$50 or even less in profit. Plus there will be an influx of systems with this restock so prices will go even lower. Depends how much you value your time I guess
Everyone judges risk/reward differently, so just because you think it's not worth it doesn't mean others don't either.

The market's still showing demand due to weak supply. People will profit from that if they want.

I was able to get the RE7 promo to trigger by picking up a paid in full copy and trading in the same transaction.
Promo 19207 gave 20 percent
I notice on my earlier trades towards the pre order I got promo 19206 for 20 percent.

I was able to get the RE7 promo to trigger by picking up a paid in full copy and trading in the same transaction.
Promo 19207 gave 20 percent
I notice on my earlier trades towards the pre order I got promo 19206 for 20 percent.
Ditto - I mostly paid off my Mass Effect: Andromeda DE with two games traded in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back