GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Put a hold on the $40 80GB PS3 go to Gamestop to trade things in towards Horizon Zero Dawn, and as soon as I get home I get the pickup email. Not that I am optimistic that it will be in good condition anyways.

Edit: Apparently it was mislabeled as a 40GB, still $40 is fairly decent.

Ditto - I mostly paid off my Mass Effect: Andromeda DE with two games traded in.
So the 50% bonus still works if you already reserved/paid off the game? I'm leaving work and heading to my GameStop to pick up my RE7 fully paid. Would appreciate the confirmation as I can go to Best Buy to pick up a few games I planned to flip.

So, it's been awhile since it's been mentioned (I think) but are there any giftcards left at GS that can be bought with trade credit? I haven't kept up since Amazon was so savagely killed off.

So the 50% bonus still works if you already reserved/paid off the game? I'm leaving work and heading to my GameStop to pick up my RE7 fully paid. Would appreciate the confirmation as I can go to Best Buy to pick up a few games I planned to flip.
Yes. Trade away. Just make sure its in the pickup transaction

So, it's been awhile since it's been mentioned (I think) but are there any giftcards left at GS that can be bought with trade credit? I haven't kept up since Amazon was so savagely killed off.
Pretty much just food, Nintendo/PlayStation/Xbox currency, iTunes, and google play cards

I think the first guy said it was 20 not 50

Still not bad to get 40% with Pro beginning 1/25 if you missed out on launch night. Crazy that they do the 50% with Pro promo that only lasted literally hours.
Unless you work nights, the three hour window was plenty of time to get your flips in at multiple GameStops if you planned your travel route in advance. Why there are two GameStop stores up the road from me and less than a mile away from each other, I don't know, but I was able to dump seven different duplicate titles at both stores to get my 50% bump and two copies of RE7, and I was back at home by 9:30. I could have taken more dupes to another GameStop store that was a mile and a half away, but it was foggy out and pouring down, so I just decided to cut my losses and hold those for another time...or a better bump.

I should have been more clear - this was last night when I picked up the game at ~9:15.

I think the first guy said it was 20 not 50
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he meant there was two promos on his receipt of 20% each plus the 10% for being Pro for a total of 50%. If it's just 20%, that's just the same promo you get for preordering RE7. I'll skip the trip to Best Buy if this is the case lol.

I have an extremely hard time believing anything the employees at my local GS say, but if you pre-ordered a game at store A, can you cancel or transfer whatever you've put down on said pre-order at store B? They told me I would have to go to the store I originally pre-ordered the game (re7) at and do it there. I just wanted to roll the $5 over towards my switch preorder.

I have an extremely hard time believing anything the employees at my local GS say, but if you pre-ordered a game at store A, can you cancel or transfer whatever you've put down on said pre-order at store B? They told me I would have to go to the store I originally pre-ordered the game (re7) at and do it there. I just wanted to roll the $5 over towards my switch preorder.
Unfortunately, it's not the employee but the shitty corporate employer. Gamestop can, and will refund pre-order at different location under extreme measures (local store closed down, etc), but the suits and ties at Gamestop's penthouse want's to make it as much of an inconvenience so honest and "life is busy as hell" consumers like us will just let them rob us openly without any repercussion.

I'd never requested a gift receipt for a game before and when I asked tonight while picking up RE7, the employee seemed befuddled. He had to get the senior manager to do it.

This got me curious, when going back to cash out, do they try and give store credit or is it rather painless?

I'd never requested a gift receipt for a game before and when I asked tonight while picking up RE7, the employee seemed befuddled. He had to get the senior manager to do it.

This got me curious, when going back to cash out, do they try and give store credit or is it rather painless?
Tell them that you lost the original receipt and only present the gift receipt with the game. That's how I got cash back when I bought Doom. But I didn't ask for cash. I remember them offering it because they couldn't figure out how it was paid for. I'm not bold enough to flat out ask for cash back although others might. But as other CAGs mentioned, they might offer to put the value of the game onto a trade card instead of offering cash. My advice is don't seem too eager. Play it cool.

I didn't ask for a gift receipt this time. My plan is to go into the store, tell them that the reviews suggest that the game sucks, and that I want to make a return since I have no desire to keep it. And I will gladly take the credit on a trade card.

Tell them that you lost the original receipt and only present the gift receipt with the game. That's how I got cash back when I bought Doom. But I didn't ask for cash. I remember them offering it because they couldn't figure out how it was paid for. I'm not bold enough to flat out ask for cash back although others might. But as other CAGs mentioned, they might offer to put the value of the game onto a trade card instead of offering cash. My advice is don't seem too eager. Play it cool.

I didn't ask for a gift receipt this time. My plan is to go into the store, tell them that the reviews suggest that the game sucks, and that I want to make a return since I have no desire to keep it. And I will gladly take the credit on a trade card.
Most of the time they give back cash when they don't know the tender. A few times the store associate told me that all of the return had to be refunded in credit because they didn't know how much of each. Ymmv as always.

Thanks for the advice, I just didn't want to get caught off guard. I definitely would like cash but if it's credit only that's okay.

I work for gamestop. I just had an employee today tell me (My app says that I have a preorder "not picked up". I'm pretty sure the POS closed my preorder to stop me from cancelling it. I know how our shitty metrics work and he just wanted to save his ass. Now I know why I don't shop at the other stores in my area besides the one i work in.

Does anybody want a code for the Resident Evil Retribution movie via the VUDU app on PS4? I got it for preordering Resident Evil 7. I don't need it.

My cashier didn't give me a gift receipt when I did the RE7 trade in promo but when I went to pick it up the next day. She was nice enough to give me one. I'll wait a few days before returning the game with my gift receipt to another store.

How does the pre-order bonus codes work if you return the game since it is on your receipt?  Will they give you a hard time?  I hardly ever pre-order at gamestop.  I mainly picked up RE7 for the trade in bonus and am debating on returning it since I won't play it for a while. 

The workers and manager at my gamestop kind of know me and they are pretty cool, so is it best to maybe return it at a different store?

How does the pre-order bonus codes work if you return the game since it is on your receipt? Will they give you a hard time? I hardly ever pre-order at gamestop. I mainly picked up RE7 for the trade in bonus and am debating on returning it since I won't play it for a while.

The workers and manager at my gamestop kind of know me and they are pretty cool, so is it best to maybe return it at a different store?
it's a 60 dollar return. Just return it at your store, we dont get hit on anything but preowned. if theyre as cool as you say just say "Yeah, I looked up some reviews and I dont wanna play it anymore..."

edit: make sure its not opened with the plastic off

How does the pre-order bonus codes work if you return the game since it is on your receipt? Will they give you a hard time? I hardly ever pre-order at gamestop. I mainly picked up RE7 for the trade in bonus and am debating on returning it since I won't play it for a while.

I wouldn't sweat the DLC codes, they by and large don't care about them. I've even offered for them to deactivate the codes if they want (if they even can) but they always say to not worry about it.

it's a 60 dollar return. Just return it at your store, we dont get hit on anything but preowned. if theyre as cool as you say just say "Yeah, I looked up some reviews and I dont wanna play it anymore..."

edit: make sure its not opened with the plastic off
I'm thinking of returning it to a store with a manager that doesn't like me. I might go to the store that I bought from but there is a dude that is starting to get annoyed with me constantly returning stuff just like that manager from the other store. The manager asks way too many questions. XD

I'm thinking of returning it to a store with a manager that doesn't like me. I might go to the store that I bought from but there is a dude that is starting to get annoyed with me constantly returning stuff just like that manager from the other store. The manager asks way too many questions. XD
he can get fucked, if it's new and its unopened, he has to take the return. he doesnt have to like it and if he gives you shit, call customer service and leave a message with the DM. leave a shit review, the DM's read those and you can request to be anonymous.

Do X1 stereo headset adapters need a USB cable and/or the 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable to trade? I've only every traded the ones that come with the stereo headset and those only have a USB cable in the box.

I was trying to get some retro games from the website with the Buy 2 Get 1 promo from my PUR Pro Membership, and then saw it was in store only. Would I be able to buy them online, then do a return/rebuy in a store with the coupon?

I was trying to get some retro games from the website with the Buy 2 Get 1 promo from my PUR Pro Membership, and then saw it was in store only. Would I be able to buy them online, then do a return/rebuy in a store with the coupon?
It depends on the willingness of the employee, but you should be able to as long as you get the games before the B2G1 coupon expires. Also, make sure you get free shipping, as that's the one thing not covered by returning online purchases.

Great. Thanks for the reply. I figure I will just be transparent with whomever I deal with. I guess I can always just return the item outright if all else fails.

Great. Thanks for the reply. I figure I will just be transparent with whomever I deal with. I guess I can always just return the item outright if all else fails.
No prob. One thing I forgot to mention: Bring in the packing slip from the GS.com package, as it helps the employee with the process.

heads up if you're trading in a game with a case with it if its a DS game, or wanting to buy one on the cheap. We throw them away, so dont expect to find CIB DS games. Ever.

Just making sure I'm not too stupid.  When they changed the inventory/reservation pages, did they also remove that "in store price" icon?

Thanks.

I love how the Gamestop trade in promos page shows the Extra 30% towards RE7! Then in the disclaimer it still has the verbiage for the 20% trade including the different date range. Way to have a clear message you bunch of twats.

heads up if you're trading in a game with a case with it if its a DS game, or wanting to buy one on the cheap. We throw them away, so dont expect to find CIB DS games. Ever.
YMMV, I got a CiB copy of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for 1.99 a month ago. Most stores just keep the higher priced ones though.

noob question time, what is the easiest way to cancel a GS preorder? I have Mass Effect Andromeda preordered at my home store but I might just go digital cause I have 10% off with ea access and some reward credit I wanna use, making it around $30 for ME:A

Bonus should auto apply your console after the EBC code is entered. Some reps might want to see an order confirmation # for your online preorder and some don't care at all so it varies.

For those that preordered a Switch on GameStop.com, they're sending out these emails. I will post the EBC code once I confirm the ones I have are not one time use.

Dear Prison Mike,

Thank you for your GameStop.com Order #XXXXXXXXX for the Nintendo Switch! We are excited to inform you of a special trade-in promotion you activated with your pre-order of the Nintendo Switch. This offer is exclusive to online pre-order guests. From 1/23 thru 1/29, you can receive extra trade credit for your systems:

· Receive $50 extra trade-in credit for any PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, or Playstation VR headset, on top of normal trade-in value. PowerUp Rewards Pro Members get more, and will receive $75 trade-in credit in addition to normal trade-in value!*

· Receive $20 extra trade-in credit for any 3DS or Wii, on top of normal trade-in value. PowerUp Rewards Pro Members get more, and will receive $30 trade-in credit in addition to normal trade-in value!*

Simply show this email and your Nintendo Switch order confirmation email to a GameStop associate at your local store. The associate can use the following coupon codes to activate this offer:

· PowerUp Rewards Pro Members: EBC3054791

· PowerUp Rewards Basic Members/Non-PowerUp Rewards Members: EBC3054783

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing GameStop!

Have a wonderful day,

Your friends at GameStop

*Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

I see that they have added a 50 dollar extra trade in credit when you trade in your PS4 or XBOX ONE..so I will trade in my PS4 on Friday..125 plus 50 bucks is worth it..would just be losing 25 bucks for the PS4 if I had been able to pre order the Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back